Beginner looking for Yaoi recommendations <3

ianuaria

Hello everybody :)

Lately, I am really into Slice of Life/ realistic Yaoi manga... to give you some examples, something like Hidamari ga Kikoeru or Dear Green: Hitomi no Onowa which is definitely one of my favorites, or stuff from mangakas like HIDAKA Shoko, KUSAMA Sakae O.o

I am not really fond of too much of crazy comedy or authors like MINASE Masara because I've read a lot of sensei's stuff and I feel like it's all the same...

I don't mind smut, well, I actually like it, but I don't like those yaoi where it's all about smut and no real or minimal story...

Thank you for your help, I feel like I've read all there is to be read :D I mean I've been devouring these kind of stories in last few weeks and I find it really difficult to find anything new :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• totallynotinnocent

• ianuaria

• 1330tango

• MaryWeather

I'm sorry if you've read some of these, but recently I've read a lot from Venio Tachibana and Takarai Rihito. Hana no Mizu Shiru is really sweet and cute and so is Seven Days Mon-Thurs/Fri-Sun. Both of those are incredibly lovely and sweet. I think they seem up your ally!

One manga that was suggested to me (which I haven't gotten around to reading yet) is Ten Count. I hear really good things about that one (and it's by Takarai Rihito who I love) so I imagine it's pretty good! There's also one I read a very long time ago called I Give To You and I remember it being slice of life/serious.

I hope you enjoy some of these if you plan to read them! Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Hello fellow newbie~!

To be honest, I'm not sure if I grasp the idea of "slice of life" entirely, even after reading manga for so many years now *sweats* Anyway I actually take note of all the manga I read in my phone and put comments on the side (kinda weird, I know lol) and here are the manga which I apparently find cute/pretty good (according to my comments lol):

-Koisuru Barairo Tenchou

-O-mairi desu yo (ONGOING)

-Heart no Kakurega

-Abiru Junjou (more on comedy, also has pretty art)

-Ashita mo Tanin

-Ashita no Kimi wa Koko ni Inai (kinda dramatic at first but gets lighter towards the end)

-Bitansan Renai

-Boku Dake ni Kiss wo Shite

-Hakuryou Ayakashigatari (fantasy)

Other manga I liked:

-Aisubeki Fujitsu

-Ren'Ai Bus Stop

-Aijin

-Aishiteru (light, feel-good manga)

-Aiso Tsukashi

-Akai Hana (short but sweet)

-Ore no Mono ni Nareba Ii

-Mukashi no Koi (ONGOING)

-Smile Kudasai! (2nd story is cute)

-Ake Nure Goyou ni Furu Yuki wa

-Beautiful Days (drama)

-Vanilla Resort

-Tonari ni Kimi wo Nukumori wo (especially One Sweet Please & Kitty's Melancholy)

-Trap (I wrote "like dark chocolate, so bitter yet so sweet" i don't remember why tho lol)

-Anata no Tame Nara Dokomade mo (I liked the comedy I guess)

-Ashita mo Koko de Au (comedy, one-shot)

-Ashita Naku

-Ano Hi no Kimi wo Dakishimeta Nara

-Ano Hitoki de Ai

-Bara to Yaban

-Beast and Feast

-Neo Arcadia (fantasy; very good story and amazing art)

-Beauty Stock

-Benriya-san

-Dekiru Otoko no Sodatekata

-Blood Honey

-Boku ni Datte Iibu ga Aru

...Yep xD Actually I'm going through all yaoi manga in alphabetical order (lol) and I'm still at "B" so I only know yaoi manga up to the letter "B"... except when I'm checking out other works of the mangaka I became interested in ^_^

Also MOST of these are yaoi so expect a lot of h-scenes but rest assured that the plot is there :)

Oh wow, thank you so much, I've read some of them already, but there are quite a few that I haven't heard about so I'll check them out and let you know what I thought :D You really helped me a lot, I didn't expect this many examples :D

As I said, I actually like h-scenes, just not without the plot or with a terrible "makes-no-sense" plot. Again, thank you :D

You're welcome! Like I said, I'm not so sure if they fit into the "Slice of Life" category but I hope I helped you somehow :)

I think anything by Yoneda Kou is absolutely beautiful (esp. Doushitemo Furutekunai and the bird in the cage one that I can never remember the full japanese name of ;;;)

another author i really enjoy reading is Shimizu Yuki (there may be some very very very questionable character relationships developments e.g. rape, homophobia) but....... some of the couples are really cute and worth reading. (the manga Ze is a good start).

There's a manga called Nirameba Koi which is one of my all time favorites. i'm a sucker for the delinquents-that-are-actually-sweethearts trope and this one does it pretty well.

Nakamura Asumiko has some really nice stories. So does Ogawa Chise (although some of her works are REALLY dark). and Hideyoshico (highly recommend her works!!!!)

have fun and enjoy!!!! hope these authors are slice-of-life enough for you

• 4 months later...

try Sayonara, Itoshi no My Friend and The First Love Melt in Ultramarine i loved both mangas but esp secon is really beautiful and realistic so you probably gonna like it too ( well same goes for 1st one ^^)