Status and Power Are Not The Same [Noise Prince and ChibiMonkey]

Noise Prince

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Name: Simon Davis

Personality: Simon is a very attentive and thoughtful person. He tends to pick up on nonverbal cues very well, and is very capable. He is very kind and puts a lot of effort into making other people comfortable and happy. He is a very friendly person, and can seem to be a bit too personal at inappropriate times. He can also be a bit blunt, and, especially since he's quite intuitive, can notice and say things some people would rather not be said.

Appearance: Picture coming soon (He is tall, with short dark hair, though his bangs are long in comparison. He seems lanky since he's tall and lean, but he's actually got quite a bit of defition. He has blue eyes.

Simon felt his heartbeat quicken ever-so-slightly, as he raised his hand to knock on the door. He took a deep breath, and rapped his knuckles against the door- the entrance to his new residence, and new place of work. He was hired online, by applying to an ad on a forum specifically for live-in servants. It was a very informal, non-traditional way of getting a job, but that's part of what he liked this arrangement. He hoped that this meant it would be easier to get along with his new employer.

He had been a butler for some time, though his first-and-last master had let him go after Simon unintentionally outed his master's affections for a married woman at a large party. His chest quivered at the memory. He had never been good at knowing what should and shouldn't be said… and it cost him his job- and his home. Simon sighed… he had made a lot of fond memories there, he was fond of his co-workers and his master.

Simon shook his head, standing tall at the door. He wasn't going to be brought down by past memories! He was looking at the door to his future- literally. He was going to keep positive- today was going to be a good day!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChibiMonkey

• Noise Prince

Name: Vincent Klaus

Profession: Pianist

Personality: Vincent can be a rather lazy person when by himself in his home. Though, when it comes to his work he is more than professional and puts on an almost cold sort o exterior of a wall. He isn't much of a people person, though will deal with them when so required by his job, such as with meet and greets or something. Though he is lazy, he can be a bit bossy. Some of his long term servants know his actually a nice guy past his exterior wall that tries to keep people out.

47hs.jpg

Vincent was sound asleep come the day his new servant was to start his first day working. He hired a new butler, mainly because his parents had come over for a visit, and the few servants he had struggled to keep the place clean and deal with the mansion themselves. So his parents basically forced him to get another. But not really interested in it, and too Lazy to do an actual interview with the thousand of applicants, he just went online and chose one that seemed good enough. Worst case, he didn't like the guy, he fired him, and then he still wouldn't care, since he wasn't the one that wanted another butler. Though, he supposed it would be a smart idea...the place did get messy, of his own doing, quite often.

When the servant had knocked on the door, Vin was still sound asleep. He couldn't even hear the knock from where he was in the mansion in his room. Well, it wasn't quite on a mansion level. But, for a single person - with a few servants - it was rather grand and impressive still. Unknowing to the visitor at the door, the head of the house continued to sleep, even though it was at least ten in the morning.

One of the maids had finally heard the knocking and quickly went to answer the door. Opening it, she quickly bowed and apologize "Welcome, I greatly apologize for the delay" she spoke, before standing back up with a smile on her face "May I ask who you are - oh!" she started to question then smiled seeing all the bags "You must be the new butler? Please, do come in!" she said, helping the man with his bags and taking on as she stepped aside from the door so he could step in.

Simon's face lit up as the door opened, and a young woman was at the door. He was a bit surprised when she bowed to him- but then realized that she thought he was a guest, rather than a fellow servant.

"Oh, that is quite alright, I was not waiting for long," He assured her. Before he could introduce himself, she quickly deduced who he was.

"Ah, yes I am, and thank you," He said, trying to react as quickly as things were happening. Again, he was surprised as she helped him with his luggage, even after learning he was the new butler, though he wasn't about to refuse, of course. It was clear she took pride in her work, and he wouldn't diminish that any more than he would his own.

He walked in after her, looking around them. From the outside, the home was quite lovely, and the interior was not disappointing. There was a lot of ornate themes, and the colors used were bright and inviting. And with the natural sunlight pouring in from the tall windows with pale cream curtains, everything had an almost heavenly glow.

"If you don't mind my asking, what is your name?" Simon asked the maid, as he followed her. "And I would appreciate it if I could meet the master soon. I mean, I do understand he's likely very busy, but since it's his roof I'm living under, it would be better if we both knew each other face to face." He smiled a bit.

"I was hired through an online forum, that is how I have never met the master. Were you hired the same way?"

The maid smiled politely as she helped the man with his luggage into the house "Ah, of course, I apologize. My name is Marian. Yours is Simon, correct?" she spoke with a polite smile as she introduced herself. They stopped in the main living room area, setting the bags down there so they could have a moment to properly speak and introduce themselves to each other "It's a pleasure to meet you and have you working for us. We really do appreciate the help. I'll introduce you to the others later" she said.

Hearing the male ask about the master, she got an uncertain look on her face "Ah, right of course. I'm sure he's busy with something..." she trailed off, though knowing full well he was sleeping. She might as well tell Simon though, right? Living and working here, he was surely going to find out soon "Actually....I believe he is still sleeping, but I'll get someone to wake him. It's quite normal of him..." she trailed off with a light smile. In the meantime, I'll show you to your room" she said with a light smile, motioning for him to follow her as she took some of the bags again and began walking towards the stairs.

On their way, Marian passed another maid and smiled to her "Ah, Elizabeth. This is our new coworker, he'll be a butler here starting today. Simon. Simon, this is Elizabeth" he introduced the two with a smile as they greeted each other "Elizabeth, would you do me a favor and wake the master? Let him know his new butler his here to meet him?" she said, before she continued on to show Simon to his room.

"Yes, that' right." Simon replied, putting his bags down as well. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Marion. I look forward to working alongside you, and the others, as well." He took a brief moment as she spoke to look around in what he assumed was the living room, with rich burgundy tones. He thought the tassels on the decorative pillows on the couch and chairs matching those on the bands around the curtains were a nice detail, and he mentally applauded the interior designer.

"Oh, really?" He smiled in amusement at the idea of the master sleeping in so late. "Yes, thanks." He picked up his bags again. "It shouldn't take me long to unpack and settle in, but I'd like to do so soon." Simon said, following after her towards the staircase. On their way up, another maid was coming down, and he smiled as they approached, and Marion promptly introduced them. He was impressed with how effectively she performed, and made a note of it.

"Hello, Elizabeth," Simon greeted, lowering his head, as he could do little else while holding his luggage. "And thank you in advance," He added, following Marion up to the top of the staircase to what he assumed would be his room. It was a nice, clean room with a bowl of dried petals on the dresser, and calming shades of blue coated the walls and dressed the bed.

"This is where I'll be staying…?" He asked Marion.

Marian smiled a bit and nodded to him as they made their way through the stairs and hallways after having passed and greeted Elizabeth. Walking into the elegant yet simple room, she set the bags down and stopped at the doorway. When he asked about it being his room, she grew a little worried "Yes, is it not to your liking?" she asked "I'm sure the master would allow a room change if you're dissatisfied with this room" she said.

She let him look around the room and take it in a bit "Anyways, I've forgotten to mention that I'm the head maid of the house. Please don't think too much of it though" she said with a kind smile "I hope you'll enjoy working with us here. The master really is a kind man once you get to know him, even if he would deny it" she said with a light smile.

"All the servants of this estate live on this hall. The masters bedroom is on the third floor, as is his study, and the music room. Though there is also a music room on the base floor. Perhaps the young master will show you around himself if he's not too busy. But If not, I'll be glad to give you a tour after you meet with him. If you are ready, I can take you down to the waiting room, where he will meet you soon" she offered.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth had gone and waken Vincent up - which none of the servants ever liked doing. They always drew straws for who woke him, taking turns. He was a rather very grumpy man when woken up. But eventually, Elizabeth escaped the room unscathed and surprisingly hardly yelled at. Just some incoherent grumbles from the master as he had started to wake up and began getting dressed.

"Oh, no! This is just fine!" Simon assured her, walking in so he could set his bags down. "I'm not a frivolous person, and this is more than I expected." He added, smiling to her. It was true, it was quite roomy, and allowed for more possessions than he owned. He was already quite smitten with this place… his new home.

"The head maid, huh?" He looked up and smiled. "That makes sense. I was just thinking how good you were at your job." He told her.

"Thank you very much." Simon replied. "And I am sure he is, the master seemed very pleasant the few exchanges we had." Simon listened to her describe the estate, trying to commit it all to memory. It sounded like the master liked music, and would spend a lot of time on the third floor, so these were the most important to remember. The rest of the servants liven on the same hallway, which was convenient.

"That would be nice, thank you." Simon said, in response to being offered to be taken to the waiting room. "If the master is so quick upon waking, I would like to be taken to the waiting room." Simon answered her. He could unpack later… what he really wanted was to finally meet his new master, face-to-face.

Marian relaxed a bit when he assured her he was actually quite pleased with the room, and she smiled a bit with a nod "I see, thats a relief. I'm glad you are enjoying everything so far" she spoke as she set the bags she'd carried for him besides the others he had carried into the room. However when he suddenly complimented her she blinked a bit and blushed "Oh, no please, thats not necessary" she said with a light smile, embarrassed.

When he seemed to agree to the waiting area, she nodded her head "He shouldn't be too long...plus it'd be better if you were there before him. If he was woken and had to wait, he probably wouldn't be all too pleased...he takes his sleep quite seriously" she said with a smile and light laugh "It's actually quite adorable of him. Don't tell him I said that though" she said with a light smile as she lead him back out of the room and down the stairs to the first floor, and to a waiting area that wasn't far from the front doors.

Even for just a waiting area, such as for when the master had guests over, it was still rather beautiful and elegantly decorated. A large television was on one wall, another wall having a variety of books, along with magazines. There was a stone and glass coffee table in the center with black couches and chairs around it. It was a very black and white type of room, yet done very tastefully. "Please, make yourself comfortable. I'm sure the master will be down shortly. Can I get you anything to drink or eat while you wait?" she offered, before heading off to leave him be and get him anything he may have asked for.

After about ten minutes of leaving Simon alone in the room, Vincent was finally making an appearance out of his room. Soft footsteps echoed down the stairs as the dirty blond ran a hand through his messy hair, clearly looking like he'd just woken up, though his hair was always messy. Despite having just woken up, he still looked well put together with the black long sleeve shirt he wore with dark blue jeans. His sleeves were scrunched up to his elbows, displaying an elegant silver watch on his wrist. He currently wasn't wearing his glasses, usually only using them when reading or writing, often when he played his piano.

Walking into the room, the hazel-grey eyes fell on the man in the room, glancing over him for a moment with a nod "Good morning. I apologize I wasn't available to greet you upon your initial arrival here. I am Vincent Klaus, the owner of this estate, and your boss. Pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance."

Simon grinned at how easily flustered Marion was, it was very cute. He looked out the window to get a quick glance before she lead him back downstairs. The overview was very beautiful, especially on such a nice day. The gardens were very well-kept.

So the master wouldn't be long.

"Very good, I don't mind waiting at all." Simon told her, nodding as she spoke. The way she described the master was quite endearing. He wondered how old he was, and what he looked like. He sounded like a cross between a cultured child who could be a handful to an elderly eccentric who didn't care about much accept what he wanted. Though, Marion spoke of him quite fondly, so he must be an interesting sort of person.

"It will stay between you and me," Simon replied to her, following her into the waiting area. It was smaller than the living room, but like the living room, a lot of detail went into decorating it. Despite being black-and-white, it felt rather inviting, perhaps due to the television and the variety of reading material. It was a comfortable space.

"Yes, thank you very much, Ms. Marion." Simon stated. "And I am fine at the moment- Oh, on second thought, would you mind if I asked for the master's preferred tea and breakfast food? Since he just woke up in order to meet me, I'm sure he would appreciate that."

As she left, he took a seat, folding his hands together on his lap, almost giddy. He picked up a book, but was too excited to read it. He wasn't left alone for long, though. A dirty-blond man sharply dressed in dark clothes walked in. He had such an air about him that Simon knew this was the master. He stood up and bowed, feeling under-dressed in his white, short-sleeved button-up shirt and black pants.

"There is no need to apologize, Master Klaus." Simon said, standing upright again, surprised that he was actually a fair bit taller. "Your staff- particularly Marion- have been very welcoming. I am Simon Davis, and the pleasure is all mine, I assure you. I look forward to working under your employ."

Marian was a bit surprised as Simon's request of bringing the masters preferred tea and breakfast, and she smiled kindly "Indeed, I'm sure he will appreciate that. You're very considerate, Mr Simon" she said with a smile and nodded to him before she left the room to go prepare the tea. Vincent wasn't much of a breakfast eater, usually sleeping in until the last minute and not eating in the morning because he hadn't any time to do so.

Having stepped into the waiting room and greeting his new employee, he introduced himself and the other likewise. He sat down in one of the cushioned chairs to speak with the male, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips at the others clear politeness and attitude towards him "I am glad, Marian is rather wonderful, isn't she..." he said, though it wasn't much of a question "I'm sure this hiring process was unusual for you, I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. I just find things easier that way" he spoke. Despite being a master, he was a rather polite person, though, his voice was mostly monotone and emotionless - very professional like. But that was because this was first meeting his new employee. It would probably soon change.

Just as he was talking with Simon and getting to know him more personally, by in person, Marian came back with a tray of tea. He looked to her curiously as she placed it down on the coffee table. "Some Jasmine tea to help you wake you, sir. Mr. Simon here suggested it himself for you" she said with a light smile, which grew a more curious look on the males face "I see, thank you Marian" he said, taking a cup she had poured for him and glancing to his new employee "I appreciate the gesture. But you needn't try to impress me, you're technically already hired, this isn't exactly an interview" he spoke, assuming the male was just trying to up himself and get some brownie points or something.

"Oh, no…" Simon started to refute Marian's compliment, surprised that in turn, he was the one flustered by her.

After exchanging greetings with his new master, Simon watched as he took a seat in front of him, before sitting back down himself. Upon a closer look, his new boss was a very attractive man. He scolded himself internally for even thinking like that. Having any such thoughts about his master could easily turn to ruin.

"I agree," Simon replied to the comment regarding Marian. "And don't worry too much about hiring me from online. I actually find the untraditional method of filling an old-fashioned position interesting." Simon told him. He noticed his tone was very stiff, though he didn't seem uncomfortable. Simon hoped that Vincent would stop feeling as if he had to be so formal with his new butler soon. He gave him a warm smile, and soon enough, the two were engaging with each other less effortlessly than the structured introductions.

Soon, Marian returned with tea, and Simon's face lit up. Jasmine tea, so that was the master's favorite… He gave Marian a bashful grin when she credited him with the idea. "Thank you for the tea," He said just as she was leaving. Steam rose from his cup, and it smelled delightful.

"Master Vincent, I did so precisely because I've been hired." Simon explained to him, taking up his own tea. "Since I've been hired, it is my job to tend to your needs." He added, taking a tentative sip.

Vincent nodded a bit as he listened to the other explain having been intrigued by the different hiring process. He seemed he would indeed enjoy having this man as his new butler. He spoke with him a bit longer, each of them becoming a bit more familiar with each other - though, Vincent was a rather distant person and didn't let to much of himself be known. He was impressed with the other though at asking for the tea to be brought. Though he didn't let it show too much. He finished his cup, setting it back down.

"Well then, Simon. I welcome you to the estate as my new butler. I look forward to having you work for me" he spoke as he stood up "If you are ready, I'll show you around so you can become more familiar with the structure" he said as he waited for the other to stand as well "Where are you bags? Has Marian already shown you to your room?" he asked as they started to head out of the room.

Conversing with him, he spoke about each of the rooms the visited, going to every place. He first explained how the room they were just in was where his quests, such as business acquaintances, or his manager, or other people waited there if needing him for any business or anything. Walking down the hall, he then stopped at the living room, which was of course decorated just as impeccably as every other room.

Simon felt very open with Vincent, and felt like he shared a lot. He felt that there wasn't much to gain or lose by telling him anything at this point, though there were definitely things he felt were more private. He quickly finished his tea early into the meeting.

"Thank you, Master Klaus." He replied. "I look forward to serving you as a butler." He stood up as Vincent did. "Yes, Marian already helped me take my things upstairs to my room- which is very lovely, by the way- and explained briefly the layout of the upper floors." Simon explained.

"Yes, I've been looking forward to a personalized tour from you," Simon stated, following his new master out of the waiting room. They continued talking, and Simon was carefully listening to Vincent's description of each room. Vincent mentioned a manager, and he wondered what his occupation was, or what his business entailed. Perhaps he would have a chance to ask later.

They ended up at the living room, where Marian had briefly shown him earlier. It was a beautiful room, and still the sight awed him. Every room so far had been a delightful trip to a museum display of how the very wealthy with rich tastes decorate their homes.

"Your home is really outstanding, if I may say so," Simon finally commented.

Vincent walked with the other as they went through the rooms, explaining each of them. He smiled faintly when the other said how he enjoyed getting a tour personally from him "I don't see the point in having the servants of this house show you around. Not that I don't think they couldn't. I'm sure they'd do a perfect job, as they do with everything else. But, considering it is my home, I find it rude if I weren't the one to introduce it to you myself" he spoke.

Despite being rich just like a bunch of others who had their servants, Vincent was a bit more of a laid back owner and ruler. When it came to certain things, anyways. There were few things he was very strict about. He continued to go on, showing Simon to all the rooms on the first floor, which consisted of the waiting room; living room, music room which displayed a beautiful piano in the center of it, and that was it, aside from other piano-related things. The first floor also held a very grand library, which reach up through to the second for as well. If you entered the library from the second floor, you were on a balcony-like platform area of the library. There was of course a kitchen and dining hall as well. The second room consisted mostly of the bedrooms for the several servants of the house.

Including Simon now, there were five in total, two males - including Simon, of course, and three maids. The other male was the main chef cook, and the other maid yet to meet helped cook in the kitchen as well. Usually there weren't big meals at his house, so he didn't need a bunch of cooks. Vincent went on to explain the other servants of the house as well - which was clearly a small amount, typically, for someone in such a house. But Vincent wasn't big on being surrounded by a lot of people. Thus only by his parents pushing him did he hire another - being Simon. Vin explained each of their roles, there was of course Marian, the head maid who mostly oversaw the cleaning. Then there was Elizabeth, the other maid who did anything Marian told her basically, which consisted of cleaning, organizing, etc. There was Thomas, the head chef, his job being obvious enough. And Lynn, the assistant cook, who, likewise, helped with anything in the kitchen and food.

Vincent explained their roles to Simon in between showing each of the rooms. They by now had made it to the second floor, where he didn't go in any of the bedrooms, but pointed out who's room belonged to who. He also showed him the doors to the library, and. "You're job in particular will be helping around the others as they need it. But more specifically, you'll be helping me mostly, and attending to me. This is to help the others so they can focus more on their jobs than tending to myself. Do you understand?" He asked, hardly sparing him a glance as they headed up to the third floor.

Simon walked along with Vincent.

"I can respect those reasons. I certainly don't mind our company." He stated with a smile. Vincent did seem quite different from his old master- was it because he was so young? His older master certainly wasn't unpleasant, but he wasn't particularly personable, and tended to busy himself with work over these friendly tender moments. He was very clear that he felt a strong divide between servants and masters.

Simon respected that, of course, and he felt he did his job well. Though, as a butler, he felt it was a personal role in someone's life and always wished he could be of more service to his master than routine chores and common orders.

"This is beautiful…" Simon said breathlessly as he looked at the piano Vincent showed him. "You're a pianist, no? You must enjoy it," He commented, looking at the music books neatly stacked on special shelves against the wall.

But the most impressive room, by far, at least to Simon, was the library. His eyes grew large, and he smiled, rotating as he looked at everything. He couldn't believe someone with such a small staff could have such a large personal collection. Unless he was very devoted to this habit? Or maybe his business involved books? He didn't want to question it so much, it was impressive regardless. Simon remained relatively speechless through the library, and his thoughts lingered on the balcony accessible from the second floor.

"Ah, I have yet to meet Lynn and Thomas." Simon replied when his master was telling him about the other household servants. "I had the pleasure of briefly meeting Elizabeth when I was with Marian."

Three maids, Head-maid Marian, Elizabeth who assisted her, and Lynn, who helped in the kitchen, with Thomas, the chef. He memorized all the names. A smile appeared on his lips when Vincent described his job and his duties to him.

"Yes, of course, Master Klaus. I understand, and I will perform to the best of my abilities to fulfill my duties, and to attend to you." He vowed. "I take it you will also require me not to let you sleep in so late in the future, yes?" He added, teasingly.

Vincent watched the other seem to admit the piano, and he smiled slightly, though it soon vanished as he shook it from his face and he nodded towards the other "Yes. I am" he answered the others question about being a pianist "I preform quite a lot, so I will often be in practicing. Though I don't use this room all too much. This one is more to entertain guests if they wish to hear me play" he explained. For those who enjoyed music, pianists in particularly, Vincent was rather famous for his skill and beautiful music. So anyone who came over often loved to hear him play, and, to please him, he would, in this room, which did have a couch and a few chairs against the walls. And despite the beauty of the piano, to Vincent, this one was average. The one his most treasured lived on the third floor, in his other music room, which he was often in all the time. If this piano on the first floor was thought to be beautiful, the other was beyond it.

Showing the male about through the floors, he noticed his interest to the library. "The library is of complete use to all the servants here in the house, and it is always open. You are free to use and read any of the books in here" he spoke as they made their way to the third floor. He raised an eyebrow at the others teasing tone in his voice when he spoke of his sleeping habits "Yes. But you won't find it so amusing in a short while" he said with a smirk as they reached the third floor "I don't prefer to allow the servant up here often. Only if they need me for something, or, to wake me. No one is allowed in the music room up here" he said as they approached the doors to said room. He opened them, to allow the other to see the room and know what it looked like "Often of the time, you may find me in here. Since you will be serving me more personally, you are free to come up here of course. If I am in this room, only get me if it is an emergency" he informed.

1st Floor Piano

The-Biggest-Grand-Piano.jpg

2nd Floor Piano

baby-grand-piano.jpg

Simon smiled.

"That sounds wonderful," He replied, in response to Vincent talking about playing the piano. He could tell that he enjoyed it very much from the tone of his voice. "I look forward to hearing you play sometime." Simon told him. He considered googling him later, he might be able to find something about his piano playing. He was not particularly well educated on modern classical music, so Vincent could be quite famous for it, for all he knew.

Simon continued to admire the craftsmanship of the piano until they left the room. He was fond of ornate themes, and the carvings in the legs and music stand were breath-taking details.

While in the library, Simon snapped out of his trance to listen to his master explain that he had virtually unlimited access.

"Well, I certainly look forward to taking advantage of this in my leisure time." Simon told him. He smiled at Vincent's 'warning', assuming he was joking as well, following him up the staircase to the third floor. As he was behind him, Simon allowed himself only a brief moment to admire his master's physique as they walked up together, then preoccupied him with looking at the wall.

He didn't expect his new master to tell that the third floor was more or less off-limits to servants. That seemed rather interesting. It made some sense, since it seemed to be a space Vincent reserved for all his matters, though the idea of not letting servants to regularly attend to rooms he was not in was interesting. However, Simon himself was given a pass, which erased a few concerns he had. It'd be difficult to attend to him without being able to see him.

"Yes, I understand, Master Klaus." Simon stated. "I will respect your wishes."

Vincent smiled slightly with a nod "You may think that now. But you'll get pretty sick of hearing the piano soon enough" he predicted. Though, none of the servants had yet to get sick of hearing Vincent's beautiful music. Vin was just a bit more modest when it came to his own playing. Sure, he agreed he played very well, but he wasn't arrogant, or conceded about it, always saying how he could learn so much more, and be much better. But yet he loved the piano nonetheless. When he played, he was like he was in a different world, completely by himself. Thats why, when he was along in the music room on the third floor, he disliked people bothering him. Not as much as he disliked people waking him up, though.

He nodded his head as the other mentioned the library "I'm glad you're pleased with it. Just please return the books when you are finished with them" he said, and then went on to explain the sections of the library, what walls consisted of what genres. And from the bottom floor of the library, on the first floor, you could also get up to the balcony section of the second floor by a beautiful spiral stair case. Even the library's architecture was grand.

He continued to show the other on, such on to the third floor, where he went on about how hardly anyone was really allowed up here, unless for a specific reason. After all, there was no reason for them to be up here, unless to clean or get him. When the other spoke of how he'd listen and respect his wishes, he simply nodded his head lightly "I have no doubt that you will. Only you and Marian are allowed on the third floor. Before you got here, only another could get me if Marian was busy. Though, thats also why you're here now. So there will be no need for everyone coming up here to retrieve me. Marian of course is still allowed to clean the rooms, and if she asks you're to help her" he explained before he opened the doors to his little safe haven, piano room on the third floor. He stepped inside, allowing the other in as well "As I said, You may come in here if you need, and only if Marian asks you to help clean. Simply don't touch the piano, though. I take care of cleaning that myself" he spoke. Perhaps it was odd, for a master of Vincent's regard to do any small bit of cleaning. But it wasn't even to be questioned when it came to Vin's piano. The other one, on the first floor, he didn't care about and they could clean themselves. Simply this one he prized and kept to himself. The love he had for the intricately designed piano showed as his eyes glowed with a small smile on his face, his hands lightly tracing the keyboard cover.

"I doubt that, I enjoy live music." Simon told his master, followed by a chuckle. "Especially by passionate performers," He added. Simon thought that Vincent 's true charm definitely came out when he talked about or looked at a piano. Simon always admired artistically gifted people, not just for their talents, but for their spirits. It was as give they gave their soul to a piece of artwork. That sort of aura radiated from Vincent when he spoke. And Simon couldn't wait to hear him play.

"Of course, I volunteered at a library as a teenager, so I understand the dewey decimal system." Simon replied. Library's in of themselves were typically impressive due to the feat of being a library- it's accomplishment was being. However, this library had wooden pillar-like reliefs between shelves, of a dark, rich color. The wallpaper peeking out wore an ornate swirling pattern, and the tops of every bookcase had a unique carving in it.

"Yes, sir." Simon replied when Vincent further explained his duties. It wasn't all that different from his last station, though he worked under another butler, rather than personally attend a master frequently. He bore a large grin when Vincent spoke about the music room, and the piano. Simon understood clearly how important and private that room was. It was quite unusual that Vincent insisted on cleaning it himself, though. If it were any other circumstance, he would offer to clean in- as his old master had an antique piano as an inheritance, despite not playing, so Simon knew how to carefully clean one. But it was clear that Vincent was not interested in having anyone else but himself tend to it.

"You're rather sweet," Simon commented, almost without thinking. "How you are with your piano, I mean."

Vincent had explained all the rooms thoroughly to Simon, explaining everything he could think to remember that the other would need to know. He smiled a bit down at his piano as he lost himself for a moment, before the others words of calling hims sweet snapped him out of it. He blinked a bit "Sweet?" he inquired, looking back to the other as the butler explained himself, referring to the music. Vincent didn't comment or say anything more about it, as his face had quickly returned back to his cold and stoic expression, muttering a small "I see" before he turned and headed out of the music room.

Shutting the doors behind them, he followed along with Simon through the rest of the rooms on the hallway. He stopped in the study, where he spend some of his time as well, writing music, or coming up with ideas. Or filling out business paperwork that his manager forced him to do. Most of the time when he wrote his music though, he was by his piano, so he could instantly try out the keys and melodies to see if they world work, or if he had to immediately change them and didn't like them.

He showed the male to the rest of the rooms, the last of which being his bedroom. The bedroom consisted of more darker tones, and, for a rich person, was a bit more on the casual side. Vincent just felt it more comfortable to sleep in than a stiff, stuffy kind of room. He'd gone through the rules and orders for the other, turning to look at him "Do you understand you duties here? Any questions?" he inquired.

General look of bedroom. More spacious and more windows. black_master_bedroom.jpg

Simon couldn't help but smile at Vincent's response to the compliment. He wasn't sure if it was displeasure or flustered, but he found it endearing, regardless.

He walked beside his master down the hall. He had always been pretty good at committing locations to memory, so this wasn't an issue for him. He was enjoying hearing about the daily life of Vincent, it gave him a better insight on how to better serve him in the future. Simon still pondered what Vincent did for a living, though he already had quite an idea how he enjoyed spending his free time.

Simon followed as the tour continued, finally reaching the master bedroom. Unlike most of the other rooms, it was not as elaborately decorated, much to Simon's surprise. Instead, it had very dark, mature colors in solids. There were no ornate carvings, no extraneous details. It was similar to a 'normal' person's room.

"Ah, yes, I have a few, actually." Simon started, he had been thinking of some for this exact opportunity. "This may be irrelevant to my work, but I am curious as to what it is you do?" He started.

As Vincent had finished touring around the estate towards his new servant and personal butler, he turned to him to see if he had any questions and concerns, perhaps. By the small introduction when they first met, and talking with the male on the tour, he had a good feeling about this man, and was sure that he would live up to his job and work perfectly well, fitting in just fine here.

When he asked the other if he had any questions, he nodded his head, not bothered at all by it. He was the one that asked for his questions, after all. Plus, he wanted to make sure the male understood his job and was comfortable here working for him. Hearing his question, he smiled a bit "Ah, I suppose I never did exactly say. If you couldn't guess, I'm a pianist. I simply play at various high class venues, even holding my own shows sometimes. Which reminds me to tell you, there might be times when I travel for days or a week or two. Some of those occasions I may require you to come along with me. Mainly to save my sanity, so I don't have to listen to my manager the whole duration of those trips" he said with a light roll of his eyes. His manager really was quite annoying. But he kept him around because he was good at his job, and Vin knew he needed a punctual and organized male to keep him on track, since, Vin himself could be quite the opposite.

"You mentioned you had a few questions? What were the others?" he inquired as he left the bedroom and started walking back down the hallway with the other to head back to the first floor "I myself have a question for you. I mentioned this through your online application, the reason you were fired from your last job isn't an necessary information for me. It doesn't effect my consideration in you in the least. Simply, more so out of my own curiosity, if you don't mine me asking?"

"Oh! My, then you must be much better than you lead me to believe." Simon answered, grinning. He should have guessed that his profession was a pianist, though he never thought classical musicians needed managers, but that just emphasized how little Simon knew of the industry.

"Well, I can't say I won't enjoy traveling on the job," Simon added with a smile. That was an incredibly kind thing for Master Klaus to do. He wondered what kind of person his manager was, assuming he was probably quite strict by the way Vincent talked about him.

"Yes, I was wondering about uniform regulations? And specific time frames for when I ought to have completed "fixed" tasks?" Simon asked him.

"Ah… uh yes…" Simon didn't expect to be asked that, thought he saw no need to hide it. However, bringing up his own shortcomings was still an uninviting prospect. "It's a rather long story… But when I served under my previous boss, I noticed he got along very well with a lady-friend. He would talk about her with a certain song in his voice, and frequently credited her for things he did to impress her. I assumed he was in love with her, and after talking with her at a party one time- as well as eavesdropping, admittedly- I figured that she probably felt the same." Simon frowned.

"I was right, but I overlooked the fact that she was married before I tried to play romantic and set them together." He looked off to the side. "So… I had to be let go."

Vincent just shrugged his shoulders at the others praise about how good he must be "I suppose" He said, but didn't stay on the topic of his skill for too long, moving on from it and mentioning about the traveling. He was glad to seem Simon didn't appear to mind that on the occasion, since he hadn't really initially brought it up before over the online application process.

Hearing his question about attire and schedules, he nodded his head "I don't have any sort of exact uniform for you to take, but dress code is common sense, for this job. Dress appropriate, that as such including dress pants and shirt, a jacket or vest of the sorts would be preferred. Having read over your resume, I'm sure you're aware of what appropriate dress attire for a butler job as this would require" he said as he headed back to the first floor.

"Ah...fixed times. Hmm, well, I suppose you should get my schedule from Marian. Use that to check on me for any events or places to be I have scheduled. From now on I'll have my manager give you the future schedules. Just keep me up to date on things, such as reminders in advance before things. In the times you are not tending to my needs, I'd like you cleaning and helping the others. Theres no exact fixed time for those. So, you can decide between those free times of which you rest or break to eat, and work" he explained.

Upon hearing him say how he'd lost his last job, it rather interested Simon slightly, and he found it even if a little bit amusing. "So, what you're saying is you have a big mouth" he spoke with a sly smirk on his face as he glanced to the other, teasing him lightly "That comes as no problem to me. I honestly don't care why you fired from your previous job. I simply need someone who can work, and it seems you work just fine. I doubt we'll have many, if any problems" he spoke.

Simon nodded. Most of his clothes were dark, neutral pants and matching vests, and white button-up shirts. It never hurt to ask, though. One friend of his on the forums had a specific kind of dress code for dinnertime, and had to dress more formally.

"Yes, sir, I am." Simon replied, following the man downstairs.

"Marian… yes, I will speak to her later, then." He answered the young master when instructed to get a schedule from the head maid. "That's right, you mentioned your manager before. When can I expect to meet him?" Simon asked. He hoped to get acquainted with everyone as soon as possible, and get anything he could to effectively do his job. While he had confidence in his abilities to keep up with the master's schedule, that was not his primary duty at his last job, so he wanted to make sure he had every detail correct.

"Yes, sir. I will manage my time wisely, then." Simon told him.

Simon was uncertain of how he would react to his story when he told it, though he hoped it wouldn't be troubling. He was relieved to see the smirk. But the comment that accompanied it had Simon scrambling for a response. In all fairness, Vincent was right on the nose, if one was to be very frank about the whole ordeal… though his wording was less than favorable, in Simon's opinion.

Before he could respond, Vincent put him back into ease by reiterating that it didn't matter to him- so long as Simon could do his job.

"Yes, Master Klaus. I am sure I will perform to your liking." Simon told him. "And I'll be much more careful about what I say around who than I have been previously."

Ta-daaaa

It's pretty lazily done XD But I hope this gets his basic appearance across ^^

attachment.php?attachmentid=31064&d=1411444398