Totally Captivated Discussion Thread

Kouyu

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS. R+

Ij2Bp86bcBA.jpg

Totally Captivated is a popular Korean yaoi manga by Yoo Ha Jin, released in 2008. Due to the populrity of the series, a string of Doujinshi's and Drama CD's for the series were released soon after the series was finished.

Totally Captivated takes place in Seoul, Korea, following the strange story of Ewon. The Korean Mafia forces Ewon to work for them, running dangerous errands and collecting loans. The culprit who dragged Ewon into this life is none other than his ex lover, Shin Jiho, who secretly still holds feelings for Ewon. They're boss, and current lover of Jiho, is known as Eun Mookyul, a man with movie-star good looks and strange drinking habits. This man is most often compared to a beast. A while after his work begins for this beast, Mookyul begins to take great interest in Ewon. This interest will lead to nothing but a swirling spiral of pain, loneliness, misery, and love.

Our main characters include:

88138.jpg

Jun Ewon, the poor sap who gets dragged into this emotional spiral and just wants out.

1289329616457_f.jpg

Eun Mookyul, the beast who drags his new love interest, Ewon, into this spiral.

88149.jpg

And Shin Jiho, the one who started this general mess.

Your opinions?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kouyu

• Akira&Shiki

• MaryWeather

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal Opinion:

I really loved this manga. The style in which you read it was a little hard to get use to, since it's different Japanese manga, but it's definitely worth it. This story took me, even as a man, on for an emotional ride. It made me laugh, made me pissed, made me wanna punch the shit out of Jiho.. -Coughs- But I give this story a 8/10, because while being a great story, there were some things I would have liked to know more about and things I wish would have been seen no just in the doujinshis.

1zzgjns.jpg

• 11 months later...

I love Totally Captivated. I've read it numerous times and it still makes me laugh. I enjoyed the story and the artwork as well as the humour and characters. I haven't read the doujinshi yet, though. Btw, what is the name of it?

Well anyways, Totally Captivated is a manhwa that I don't think I'll ever forget. If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 9/10. This has a special place in my heart. Plus, it was the first manhwa (Korean version of manga, comic, etc) that I'd ever read!

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Totally Captivated was my first yaoi manhwa! It took me forever to collect the set in English. The DJs are called Totally Peeking Under The Sheets Vols. 1 & 2, and The Diary of Sangchul. Those are what they're called in the English translation anyway. You can buy them pretty cheap on amazon and I highly recommend them XD The books are really big! hahah!

As a personaly opinion, yes. XD I thoroughly enjoyed this manhwa!