Kouyu

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS. R+

manga_katekyo___yaoi__by_ayamisakura-d750qmo.jpg

Katekyo! is a popular yaoi Manga by Moegi Yuu, which was released in 2008. After the manga grew in popularity, a Drama CD was soon released.

The story follows Rintarou and Kaede. It begins with Rintarou, confused by the throbbing of his heart every time he is near his home tutor, Keade. But one day, after receiving a special punishment from his home tutor he finally discovers that the feeling in his chest is love. Now Rintarou is in a constant uphill battle with his fears and anxieties to discover Keade's true feelings for him.

Our main characters include:

162963.jpg

Noe Rintarou, high school student and uke. CV: Terashima Takuma.

162967.jpg

And Sumizome Kaede, college student, home tutor, and seme. CV: Hirakawa Daisuke

Your opinions?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kouyu

• scottwm

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal Opinion:

This manga is a great story for those who are just starting out with yaoi manga. It's easy to follow and an all around good story. I enjoy the not always seen but sadistic and aggressive side of Kaede, but wish it could be seen a bit more. As far as the Drama CD goes, I believe the voices were chosen carefully and almost perfectly. All in all, this manga gets a 6/10.

1zzgjns.jpg

It's one of my favorites although there isn't really anything too profound when it comes to the story, scenes and their personalities.

Tutor-student, sadistic-ditzy, possessiveness, jealousy, rich-poor/commoner, popular guy as partner, intelligent-stupid, etc.

However, these common scenarios and character stereotypes have been combined together nicely that I think it became somewhat a guilty pleasure for the readers. You know what will happen in the next scene and that's what you really want to happen, and it really does happen but with gorgeous art coupled in so that makes it all better.

I also appreciate that Kaede develops from an intimidating character to an actually sweet guy towards his partner. Whereas Rintarou turns from being ditzy to a perfect housewife-material. In some mangas, the authors fail to develop their characters positively throughout the story.

It has some similarities with Junjou Romantica, except the ditzy here is a tsundere there, but for me this story makes more sense with regard to the characters' developments.

I would also recommend this to those who are new to yaoi stories and want to read something light and sweet.

I agree with you in full. Though a decent story and smut scenes, it lacks characterization greatly, which in turn takes away any attachment to characters for me. In my opinion, the most developed character was one that was far under used, which is Kawauchi Haruka. Then again, that may be my own personal preference to psychos, or any character but the main speaking.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Thank you! Yes, Haruka's diversity of characteristics makes him seem more colorful than the rest. He has more sides to him and you'll see more of that in "Koitomo!?". My favorite, though, are his older brothers. I like rough-looking guys like him, then suddenly turns out he has a job that can't be expected because of the way he looks, and then..

the hint of the younger Sumizome. I kind of want to see them together. It may be like Rintarou and Kaede all over again but there'd probably be distinct differences. After all, I think Kaede's little bro is a natural sadist. I don't see Kaede as natural. He can just be a bit of a bully sometimes, prolly just a nurtured sadist.