Effects of BL

chocoponkan

Basically, ever since I stumbled upon BL, my life became all sneaky.

Late-night yaoi lessons, hiding BL mangas, bathroom became my best friend(lol), yaoi daydreams, etc.

It is quite stressful, but that stress is the one that satisfies me up, and that's the funny part.

So far, life with BL is the happiest thing ever that happened to me, and I guess I won't be able to look back anymore.:hamtaro-005 (6):

HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS?

:)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shiroi ookami

• Sheba562

• chocoponkan

• JTeer

Hiding my yaoi behind Bakuman volumes and having to cover up my phone when reading them in school :hamtaro-005 (15):

Umm... when I started reading/watching yaoi I was unsure of my sexuality.

It kinda helped me deal with that x3 except that,

I now daily watch/read yaoi and gotta hide it from familly

(except dad who totally annoyed me until I told him :I)

And I often daydreams about stuffs even at school xD

I do stress a little about how my friends will react,

I know they will be fine with it but heh.. I still stress for nothing xD

But yea, Yaoi is something I wouldn't replace easily now :3

....................................:hamtaro-005 (5):

1. I can't concentrate at school

2. During Math, I scribble down some Yaoi one-shots.

3. Staying up from the evening to 2 A.M. in the morning to read Manga.

4. Due to lack of smut, I leveled-up into wathing Japanese GVs.

5. Ended up being a hardcore Fujoshi that made some classmates be disgusted. (But to hell if I care)

Loooool

Finding Yaoi and BL made me a bit more comfortable with myself. I've been a reader and writer of slash for years but with slash you're adapting someone else's characters and universe. Finding out that the entertainment industry recognises there's a market for media with male/male relationships and provides it was very special. I only wish I knew a few people who loved yaoi in real life.

I became comfortable with sexuality in general (had some problems with that)

Nowadays I try to be a good sempai and help out when needed. I give advice, share the good titles. I've converted a lot of people back when I was at Uni.

I helped out in scanlation groups, etc.

I try to be as little annoying as possible. Because of the way some fans act we aren't really viewed in a positive light. I'm trying to set a good example.

And I read H stuff in the open. My friends accept for what I am (an old pervert!). My flatmates do not care. I do not see my family all that often, but they're used to me being weird.

I chose to read yaio over my medical books... even when i have exams the next day. never been so addicted over something in my life. loved it. :hamtaro-005 (23):

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Keeps my stress level to a tolerable level knowing there's a place i can let my mind wander freely

daydreamer and sometimes i feel like some of my classmates could read thoughts when they look at me weirdly.. what if they could?

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
o the are adults but one never grew up and the other is too old....The other thing BL does for me is makes me happy...I know sounds weird but you enjoy and love what you love and just flow with it....*there your old wise person thought for the day*

now we're down to one not in the loop......if only we could get that one addicted as well....we would have an invasion on our hands

I don't think your pervier ;) and
we will never get him to come over to the dark side

I can't concentrate on important things anymore. After yaoi became an addiction, I stay up till 2 in the morning sometimes even if I have class in the morning. I stress over unfinished assignments because I just can't concentrate. I've also been stress-binging on chocolate and gaining weight...

Should I be worrying for my well-being?...

Lots of time wasted in my collage years to it! Wish I had the same level of control over how much time I spend looking at BL stuff then as I do now. Well to late to change that!

I have achieved the highest level of fujoshi, I can now read a r-18 hard yaoi doujinshi and listen to an extremely smutty BLCD while keeping a straight face in class or even at work.

Note that I have 5 years of experience.

I'm such a veteran, f*** you n00bs.:cool:

BL/Yaoi effects on me: my naughty/pervy imagination leveled up, lots of time wasted just for researching BL/Yaoi related, sometimes anything i see/touch can have BL/Yaoi element...even a pair of chopstick (lol), even when attending Mass i can't stop thinking about it. But then i'm still sane and still good at pretending as naive, good girl:hamtaro-005 (8):

*rubs chin, thinking on it*

Effects I consider for a good update over myself;

* Enriched imagination and creativeness.

* Enriched language knowledge (Since I read RAWs as well, I learned a lot of stuff about men speech in Japanese).

* Met people I consider for close thanks to BL genre.

Effects I consider for not so good update;

* Lack of sleep (LOL).

* Twisted and really sick perverted side (And I thought I was a perverted person before - Right).

• 4 weeks later...

Still not much affected my behavior after read and watch some, cause like most other anime genre I watch, I only like them for entertainment and fun, not necessary to mimic any sort of homosexual behaviors we see in shows or any form of media.

:Red_fox11: