•Cursed Mankind•

Teesie

Stepping forward and concentrating Lynthaes pulled the shadows around them, close to both so that if either of them took another step they would be in complete darkness. "Logical? That was the logical option. The option that experience has taught us is logical. Do you expect us to act on anything other than experience. Do you want to see what those who have answered the same have done to us in the past? As the memory sharing is a form of magic one to another, both do not have to be versed in it." He was really quite angry now and was talking more than he would if he wasn't angry.

"You have not proven you are not one of those people, and just saying that you have nothing to prove means nothing. Humans are inherently liars and show offs, something they use to survive in the world. You talk of your rights of freedom. Yet we only exercised out right to defend ourselves. We said you could go free, and told you honestly what would happen if you travelled alone. That remains true whether you like it or not." Swaying on his feet now, Lynthaes face was completely pale as he used up the last bits of power that he had at that point.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teesie

• Lady.Taser

"I am not saying that what you are saying isn't logical. Your right...who doesn't learn from experience. But who's to say that, that little magic trick isn't something you could change with thought. Are you saying that you can't change this memory transfer in the slightest way? I am also going to tell you one more thing in the nicest way that I can possible at this moment. I don't give a damn if you do not trust me. We humans are liars and so are you elves. We may be of different species but we all have the humane ability to lie. We all have the rights and freedom to do as we please. I don't give a damn what humans, other than myself, has done no mater how alike our answers were. We are all different in some way. I'm not like them and I do not wished to be compared to them. So if you would please," Sticking a finger inside of the shadow which surrounded the two. "remove this so I can go, that would be helpful. Plus, you're looking a bit pale. It wouldn't look too good to your warriors if I was dragging a fainted Lynthaes toward them. They'd kill me."

With a heavy sigh Lynthaes turned from the man it was pointless to try and talk to him. "The memory transfer simply shows the recipient the memory exactly as it happened. The do not get the feelings of the memories owner, nor do they get influenced by how the owner interpreted the memory." After a few moments the shadows dissapated and he began to walk.

"As much as you seem to not care, you do want me to trust you. No one else in this party will, and if I distrust you then I cannot guarentee their actions when I am not there. However, do as you will. I will respect your freedom and not help you unless asked" He spoke in a sad voice.

Walking over to the fire he picked a bit of food first before naming the warriors using their hair colours. "Over on the left with the mossy green hair are the twins Cearlick and Phralick. The tall one with red hair is Hreal, Next to him with silver hair is Dafrin. Over at the back watching the woods is Meaol." Saying no more Lynthaes ate quickly then looked over at Meaol who nodded to him before resuming his watch of the forest.

Facing away from the fire he curled up to sleep as the rest of the elves watched Akihiko.

Akihiko sighed at the tone the elf was speaking in. He didn't mean to make the other sad or upset, but he was just speaking his mind. With a sigh, he stood behind Lynthaes as he introduced the warriors, giving a nod ever now and then. Glancing around, observing the menacing stare he was receiving from the others , Akihiko exhaled once more. This wasn't to his liking and he wished that the elves would just accept him. What was the need for such staring?

Giving yet another brief glance to the warriors, the purple haired male slowly lowered himself beside the leader of the group. He needed rest also. It would avert his mind away from the disturbing glances as well as other problems he was thinking up.

Lynthaes registered that the human had lain down quite close to him and for someone who professed to having rights of freedom it seemed strange. It might mean however that the man was listening to him when he warned the human about the other elves. A few moments later Lynthaes was asleep, and at this point it was such a deep sleep that no one would be able to wake him for at least a few hours, having used up so much of his power that his body now needed to rest to replenish the loss.

The other elves watched Akihiko with hate, wariness and distrust. Meaol glanced over his face impassive before he turned back to the forest.

"I say we Kill him." Hreal said once he knew Lynthaes was asleep. The twins nodded in agreement and glared at the man.

"Lynthaes is in charge. He has decided the human comes with us and that the human may have some useful information." Dafrin said calmly.

"Dafrin can't you just use your illusion to trick this information he knows out of him?" Hreal growled.

"No. I will not. Lynthaes has done a good job of keeping the village safe until now. Unlike the rest of you I was also there during the war in the past and I trust his judgement. At least until Lynthaes no longer sees him as useful we keep him alive." Dafrin countered, Meaol nodding his agreement as they fell into silence.

The author briefly glanced around him, frowning as he suddenly heard the red head elf speak. Of course, already warned, Akihiko knew that the warriors wasn't fond of humans. The conversation taking place definitely made the purple haired male uncomfortable; albeit he knew that it wouldn't happen, most likely because of Lynthaes. Regardless of the situation and the outcome, Akihiko was still upset that he would have to go through such treatment.

"If you all do not like me, then wouldn't it be easier to not pay me any mind? I wasn't the one to ask you all to tag along. Hm, I'll surely inform Lynthaes of the threat you three," Pointing to both the twins, Cearlick and Phralick, and the to the red head, Hreal. "have given me. What a shame."

All of the warriors turned to look at the human. Hreal sneered and stood up, walking away not even wanting to breathe in the same air as the human. Caerlick and Phralick grinned meanly, the older, Phralick leaning forwards and almost whispering.

"He may be the strongest among us but right now he is tired, using up more magic than any single one of the rest of us possess to hide the village. He will sleep like the dead till tomorrow and if we so choose we could kill you with you kicking and screaming, using our bare hands. You could die in the same way you races has killed so many of our. Lynthaes wouldn't even know till the morning, by which time what could he do. He was more than happy to travel without you earlier so our journey would still happen."

Pulling away Phralick stood up with Caelick close behind and they both went to join Hreal the three talking in hushed voices. Dafrin sighed and rolled onto his side closing his eyes a dozing off into sleep. Only Meaol was left watching Akihiko and after a few moments he sighed pulling a very thin meterial out of a pack on his back and taking it over to the human.

"Here use this." His voice was gruff as he held out the lightweight but warm material. "He warned you earlier to avoid angering them. Be careful as he will hold to what he has said."

Akihiko glanced up to the one offering him a warm, thin blanket. He slightly sneered as he took the material into his hands. "Why should I care about death when that will most likely happen anyways. I won't stress over those fools wanting to kill me. Look," Holding out the warm cloth for Meaol to take back. "I don't need this. I just wanted to find a cure and even if I don't survive it was at least a try. I can document my progress and maybe someone will find it. Maybe it'll help them on their leave." Standing from his place beside Lynthaes. "I'm leaving. Just inform your boss when he wakes up."

Slowly gathering his belongings to continue his adventure alone. He didn't need the elves or their help. The creatures came with problems, ones that the purple haired male wasn't willing to solve. "Bullshit!" The author yelled, his emotions getting the best of him. Akihiko had to admit that he held his anger toward Lynthaes for falling asleep on him and leaving him defenseless.

When Lynthaes woke up the next morning, he was surprised to see most of his warriors happy and Akihiko was no where to be seen. Still feeling sluggish with only a portion of his power having been restored he sat up as Meaol came up to him and crouched down in front of him. "Where is he?" Lynthaes asked quietly.

"Left. Last night after Hreal and Phralick said some rather... inappropriate things considering the human was here under your protection." the other respond. "Not long after you slept. It has been 10 hours since you fell asleep, it was too deep to wake you from."

With a sigh Lynthaes stood up, much studier on his feet now, but still raher pale as he addresed the elves. "You were not meant to chase him off. This journey is likely to take us into human lands, he will be needed." Turning to Dafrin he spoke loud enough for all of them to hear. "Dafrin, you know the hermits cave up in the north at the edge of the forest correct?" Dafrin nodded quickly. "Good guide these three there and set up camp and wait for us. Stay safe."

With another nod Dafrin beckoned for the three to to follow him, all of which looked briefly back at Lynthaes who was standing there his face stern as they disappeared into the woods. Where they were gone he turned to Meaol. "Can you track him? he can't be too far ahead."

"No problem..." There were words left unsaid as Meaol turned and started to guide Lynthaes in the direction Akihiko had taken off in.

Akihiko shuffled from the ground in which he fell. It was dark in the forest, and the sun hadn't quite come up yet; therefore the purple haired male was unaware of his surroundings. "Damned elves and their uppity ass attitude." The man cursed, wishing that he had, instead of stopping to investigate the strangeness of the shadows, kept walking to continue on his oath to find a cure. The worst decision he had made was accepting help from Lynthaes. Accepting help from an elf that he was unsure of. One with intentions of his own selfishness.

"Accusing me of bloody selfishness, when maybe it's himself. " Stopping to take a breath. His leg had begun to hurt, but not from the exercise. It seems that once he fell, he had got an injury. "Tsch, nothing to bad." Simply wiping the blood away with his finger. After a moment, Akihiko reached into his bag to pull out yet another apple. At least he had a few things he could really on himself for.

Lynthaes followed Meaol through the foliage of the forest. Neither of them spoke much, Meaol as that was his personality and Lynthaes as he was busy thinking. The sun itself was just starting to rise and Meaol seemed to be having an easy job tracking Akihiko. They had not long passed a flattened section of ground where Meaol reasoned it was likely that the human had fallen and now in the increasing light he could see bits of blood flecking the ground.

Frowning Lynthaes asked that they increase the pace, hoping to catch up to the human quicker. It wouldn't do to have him killed before he was useful to them. "If I have to I'll tie that human to a leash..." He murmured as he ducked under a low hanging branch of tree. Not long after saying that he spotted the purple hair of the male and moved as silently as he could to watch from behind a tree. Meaol was already behind the one to his right and as Lynthaes shuffled to get a better position he stood on a twig and cringed as the loud snap echoed around the forest.

After hearing the snapping of a twig, Akihiko jumped from his position, his apple falling onto the earth's crust, as he spun to scan the area. Once the purple haired male noticed it was Lynthaes, he sneered lightly and shook his head. "What do you want? I didn't beg anyone to come looking for me." The human announced, averting his attention to his dirtied fruit. "Thank you. You made me waste perfectly good nutrition there." Once again facing the older man.

"Tell me....what is it that you really want with me. I remember the snicker of you crew back at your village. I know that an elf isn't helping me because he feels it is a nice thing to do. It the humane thing to do, but who ever think that way nowadays right?" Crossing his arms and shaking his head. "Do you think it's funny to have your damn warriors to kill me while you are asleep. I don't feel safe around your kind. I'm not being judgemental...just honest." Waiting patiently for the smaller creature to answer him.

Since he had given himself away Lynthaes stepped out into the open looking straight at the human and listening to him talk. Glancing down at the fruit he pulled an apple out of his own bag and walked over to Akihiko, pushing the fruit into the man's hands.

"The nutrition is not wasted, it will now fertilise the forest. Anyway. Why do you think they laughed then? Hatred towards you? I can't deny there is some from some but that was not the reason. How do you think it feels to be thought your race are cannibals, or any number of other myths you humans have created. Do you know about Elfin magic? The fact we all have our talents?" With a sigh Lynthaes stepped away from the human meeting his gaze with all seriousness.

"Why? Honestly because you are useful. You said yourself that we are likely infected by a disease or illness you know more about. On a journey that is likely to span both elfin and human territories. We both need the other to survive better in those lands. If it is the threats you were worried about then you can rest easy. I have sent most of them ahead for now, it is just me and Meaol here right now." As his name was spoken he moved out from his own hiding space into view.

• 2 weeks later...

Akihiko frowned at the apple that now sat in his hand. There was no way around knowing that the journey with the elves wouldn't be ideal, but had he really a choice? With a sigh, the purple haired male glanced up to Lynthaes.

"You're one to talk. As if only human has been throwing around rumors. I bet your kind has told many tales themselves. As if I care anyways." Taking a bite of the apple before shaking his head. "Look, whatever... We should be moving. We won't make it anywhere just standing here, so can we just forget this and move." Averting his attention to Meaol. Seemed that he was possible the most valuable one besides Lynthaes himself.

"I....thank you for sending them ahead, although that may not make you very comfortable. They really make me feel uncertain about this. Plus...." Turning to lead the way, deeper into the forest. "rumors say that elves are responsible for this disease. Maybe something of an ancestor." The purple haired man commented for teasing; although it was said many times before by the people of his village.