Tattoos and Piercings (Akiravadel & Clover) R-18

クローバー (Clover)

((Thanks, it was tough but I'm glad she's not suffering anymore. Then I also have awesome news which is exciting))

Chase alright had people lined up and coming inside. An older woman came up to him giving him a big bear hug. He laughed and welcomed her and he guests to his facility. They joked for a moment before moving to their table. He also stepped up to a rather large man in a suit. His features were sharp and a bit scary but Chase only smiled and shook his hand welcoming him. That man never spoke a word, merely nodded and went to his spot.

Chase returned behind the counter and washed his hands at the sink there, "Mrs. Dolly and Mr. Donahue over there will want the specials tonight." He started to prepare for them knowing that's what they always ordered.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• クローバー (Clover)

• akiravadel

"Specials... Not sure if we ever went over those before, but I'll help as best as I can." Rei repeated the word to himself so he wouldn't forget. "They come here often, I assume?"

He washed his hands again after Chase and awaited an instruction from the head chef.

Chase smiled his excitement came out in his work. He looked so happy and not as tired as he was earlier, even though under it you could still tell the tired was there but the adrenaline had kicked in. Walking over to the bar where the food was lined up the orders were already coming in and he started to make the plates. He showed him what the special was and explained he made up a new one every week. A new combination of sushi or food platters. The place was full within moments and it became very noisy.

Rei nodded at the explanations he gave. He made a mental note that the specials changed every week.

"Is there anything in particular you want me to work on?" he asked. Being thrown into the heat immediately, he was still trying to find his footing. "Or do I just handle the orders as they come in?"

"You will stand but me and see which orders come in and how I prepare them first," Chase was already working on several orders at once while others made rice, or refilled seasons, also slicing fresh fish. "Watch the patterns and after a few I'll start letting you take the helm on some of them." Calling to the back for a refill of rice he then paused. "Actually, pick on guy in the kitchen to follow for ten minutes and learn his routine. Then switch. So that way you'll learn each person with each fish, rice or seasoning. Then come to me to see where it all comes together." He winked at him and went back to making plates.

"Kitchen first..." Rei said. "Okay. Thanks. Is there anyone in particular I should look out for?"

He looked into the bustling kitchen, impressed with its quality. The last place he worked at was so dirty that he'd sometimes get sick from the stuff that grew there. Thankfully, this kitchen looked well-maintained; all the equipment looked shiny and new, save for a few scratches here and there.

((omg I'm so sorry... been packing to move 2900 miles across the country and things have been horribly crazy over here >.

"Watch our for Tomek," Chase smirked over his shoulder at him and he continued to work.

Inside the kitchen was a large blond man who looked to work out a bit with the size of his muscles. He was obviously Polish and a bit of an accent as well. He wasn't from there but learned to speak the language with a Polish accent. He was cleaning and keeping track of the people in the kitchen making sure things were cleaned and ready. His pony tail hung long between his should blades and some shorter hair fell into his face.

Rei eyed the blond man carefully. Judging from his looks, he figured that that was Tomek. However, he wasn't entirely sure. Going into the kitchen he walked up to the strong-bodied Polish man.

"'Ey. You're Tomek, I presume?" Rei said. "I'm Rei. I was here for an interview, but Chase wanted to see me in action, hence why I'm here. You got any tasks that need to be done?"

Tomek turned to the man listening to him for a moment before he spoke in a thick Polish accent, "hence already means why you never use, hence why, just hence the reason you are here." Without skipping a beat he grabbed a large rice bowl and pushed it towards him. "Clean that out and you'll need to fill it at the rice station over there." He pointed vaguely to a large rice steamer to the side. "That man I swear eats it we go through it so quickly."

(( ::bows:: sorry he's a harsh kind of guy))

"Right away." Rei said, going over to the sink with the bowl. Using as much of his arm strength as he could, he washed out the dried up rice on it. The task itself was quite a workout. The large bowl was difficult to clean. After he finished washing and drying the bowl, he filled up a colander with rice and washed it until the water ran clear. Then, he added the appropriate amount of water into the steamer bowl and added the rice, putting the bowl back to the steaming apparatus and switching it on. He then started preparing the rice vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt mixture for when the rice was done steaming.

((It's okay. It's okay to be harsh in-character.))

"Hurry up! Kai!" Tomek walked over to another smaller guy there who couldn't have been more then eighteen looking. He was petite and hadn't spoken a word in the kitchen. The very large blond man walked up to him. "That looks terrible you can't possibly think those asparagus would pass for anything edible! They need a crunch to them not flopping around like a limp noddle. Try again!"

The boy tucked his head down and put another batch on the stove. It was obvious this man was in charge of the kitchen and ran it differently then Chase did the front.

Once the rice was done steaming, Rei was just about done with the rice vinegar mixture. He mixed it in with the steamed rice, making sure to distribute it evenly. He looked over to that boy Kai. He couldn't help but feel bad for the boy. He looked so young yet so stressed as well. Rei could only wonder how much stuff he was juggling along with jobs, and if his superiors gave him a hard time in other areas of life too. Shaking those thoughts from him, Rei mixed the rice more before returning to the gigantic wall of a man who ran the kitchen.

"Rice is done and ready for use, sir." he said.

"About time," Tomek took the rice and brought it out for Chase to use. Chase had two other men before him, one who prepared most of the rice scoops for him and another who made such the fish and wasabi were kept up on, also added some of the topping when handed to him. The poor guys tried to keep up but Chase always had his hand out waiting for more.

Tomek nodded to Chase who smiled to the large man, "why thank you my good Sir!" Tomek only nodded his head before returning to the kitchen mumbling something about Chase as he went.

Rei felt a little awkward just standing around the sink and observing Chase as he worked. The way his tattooed arms moved swiftly and his back muscles, visible under the shirt he was wearing, moved in accordance with his actions enthralled Rei. He knew in his mind that he was checking the owner out behind his back, no doubt about it.

"Anything else that needs to be done?" Rei spoke up as Tomek returned to the kitchen.

Tomek glanced to Rei and grabbed another tray handing it to him, "follow each person and see what they're making. They're all making fresh sause, cutting fish, and making other trays. There are many things coming out of here." The large blond man went back to overseeing the trays going to the tables that Chase made sure to glance at as they went by.

"Got it." Rei said, hurrying to go around and finish a tray to be sent out. He rushed over to observe the person making sauce first. His mind was racing in an adrenaline fueled rush that his former work place couldn't hope to bring him to.

Several hours passed of him being tossed around in the back but each of them did take the time to explain it so him. An hour after closing came and Chase finally made his last dish and sighed making a b-line for the bathroom. Once he was finished he came back out wiping his hands on some towels, "great job everyone! The sauce on the supreme order was killer tonight. It tasted like a little extra garlic and just seemed to pop. Lets do that form now on. Also Tomek please get me the recipe manual." Turning to his newby he smiled to him, "intense huh?"

Rei's face had a glossy sheen of sweat on it. Despite it all, he still had a calm smile on his face.

"What a rush..." he wiped his sweaty brow. "God, that was a lot of orders. Normally, I'd have hardly any orders in my previous workplace. I'm impressed. However, what I think of this place isn't as important as what you thought of my performance, so I'd like to know how you think I'd hold up working here."

((Sorry for the delayed reply. Job application stuff came up, and I couldn't go and see every RP I was involved in for the past few nights.))

((it's okay been crazy here myself.))

Chase put a hand on his shoulder, "not bad newbe. We just need to get you up to speed on our recipes first. Lurch there didn't seem to mind you in his kitchen." He chuckled and Tomek flicked him off as he walked back into the back.

The dark blue haired chef turned back to the new guy, "alright, over the next week you will be helping with rice and slicing veggies for rolls and different dishes. You'll take that time to learn whats in each dish. Once you have them all memorized you'll be next to me. Sound good?" He gave him that charming smile of his while he held up a shot of saki for them to take together.

"Sounds good." Rei said, accepting the alcoholic drink from his employer. There seemed to be a certain aspect of his spirit that made him look absolutely irresistible. He could only wonder why Tomek despised him so much. Maybe he could ask if they had an opportunity to be alone.

"What kind of sake is this? I haven't had any alcohol other than beer as of late." he asked, curious.

Chase smirked, "well this kind is brought in from Northern Japan. Juyondai, elegant and fruity type of drink." He gently tapped his sake to the others before sipping it down. It was strong but they wouldn't be drunk off the small shot. He licked his lips and set the cup in the sink. "Ah... good stuff."

Rei gulped the drink down. Everything his boss said about it was true. Since he had some tolerance to alcohol, he didn't flush much, but he still always turned slightly pink.

"That's a damn good sake." he said. "Maybe when I have more money, I'll pick one up."

He returned his cup to the sink as well.

Chase chuckled, "well as long as you do a good job and it's the end of the night I don' mind you having a drink." He looked around the place as the others were cleaning up. "Alright so official paperwork." He walked to a back room which was a cluttered but it has some order to it type of office. He opened and drawer and pushed some paperwork across to him.

"Your salary will start at $60,000 yearly. If you're okay with that."

"$60000? Well, damn! That's a lot! Where do I sign?" Rei asked. He fumbled around his bag for a pen and pulled one out, looking at the papers Chase gave to him. This wasn't the first time he was hired, but with every job he had, he felt like he was starting out fresh.

"Just like that huh?" Chase chuckled and pushed the papers over. His W-2 and such were in it as well. The raven finally sat down and kicked his feet up onto the side of the desk. "I pay my right hand men well, well as long as they work out. So far I haven't had one that could keep up. I tried bringing on another chef but they started changing the menu to suite their tastes and well people complained. Don't get me wrong I love having new dishes coming in but don't change the ones people specifically come for. Add don't alter." He chuckled softly.