We Meet In Dreams (SqueezeBabe and ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

A place of silence. A place of tranquility. A place where time seemed to not exist, where nothing ever changed. A place that was empty, except for gently falling snow, and a figure kneeling in the middle of it all, the whole world a white, never ending winter land. As far as the eye could see, snow fell, landing softly on the ground, creating a cold, but beautiful blanket upon the ground. There was no sky, just a stretch of pale greyish white, snow clouds covering it.

Welcome...welcome to the world of dreams. Well, the dreams of one young man anyways. Maybe all worlds weren't like this. But it was this way for this particular soul. The figure that was kneeling in the snow seemed lost, lonely. The snow fell on their shoulders, dotting the black coat with white flecks. This young person is Ushinawa Reta Yume, though even he doesn't know this. All he knows himself as is Snow, the nickname he was given for his snow white hair. His breath fogs out in front of him, his eyes partly closed, a solemn look upon his face.

He was waiting...waiting for this world to change, to become bright and warm. He was waiting for the moment when the flowers would grow, the grass poking from beneath the snow. The sun would come out, and the sky would be blue. Birds would sing, and a gentle breeze would carry the scent of roses throughout the entire place. But he feared that day would never come. And until then...he waited...he waited for that person to come to him...to talk to him, to hold him. But when he did, Snow feared the time that the person would leave, as he knew that the person had to eventually. Because Snow was merely a dream...a dream created by that person...But he would wait...forever if he had to.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

• SqueezeBabe

Victor was bored; as bored as he'd ever been. It was bad enough that he had to go to school and some prestigious, wankery private school, but on top of that, he had to deal with tutoring when he got home... not that he needed to improve his grades or anything, but the tutoring was of a more personal kind, like, how to run Buchanan Enterprises when he inherited it from his father. He pushed his glasses back up his nose as he methodically went through his homework, pausing occasionally to chew the end of his pen as he contemplated his answers. It wasn't hard for his subconscious to wander as he continued with his homework, it was something that he was useful. Whilst his brain worked on the problems in front of him, his imagination was free to do what it wanted.

Being who he was, it was hard for him to make real friends. Everyone wanted something for nothing, and his friendship was no exception. He was tired of all the "political" friendships he had to make to keep his father happy. "Make sure you're friends with affluent people - So you can use your connections in the future to further the business." His life was nothing but fake smiles and real life chess game. He longed for something a little less... sterile. He finished the list of questions, and tapped the end of the pen against his bottom lip as he began to think about his life a little more. What would I want in a real friend? he asked himself as he looked outside the window. The seasons were changing; the leaves were slowly changing colour from the dull green of summer, into the earthy colours of autumn...

He closed his eyes and dreamed of snow...

Snow looks up, and smiles when the person he had been waiting for arrives. He stands from his kneeling position, and walks over to the man, and holds out his arms, as if asking to be hugged. Once in Victor's arms, he buries his head in the man's chest, closing his eyes and holding on tightly to Victor. "I missed you..." Snow whispers, clutching onto Victor's shirt. "I missed you so much..." The snow falls silently, as he held onto the man he felt so close to, the man who had created his very existence. If there was anyone he was indebted to, it was this man right here, the man who had given him life, given him a face...a name.

After a few moments, Snow pulls back a little, and looks up into Victor's eyes, which were hidden behind glasses. His own oddly colored eyes twinkle slightly, and he reaches up to place his gloved hand against Victor's cheek. "What have you been up to?" He asks, before taking a hold of Victor's hand, and tugging on it gently, guiding him to a snow covered bench. It was old fashioned, with spiraling arm pieces, and little etchings of animals dancing along the black iron. He brushes off the snow from the seat, and then sits down, and motioning for Victor to do the same. "You haven't come to see me in such a long time..." He says softly, staring at his glove covered hands.

Victor blinked a few times... where was he exactly? The place was unfamiliar, yet he remembered something of it, he remembers the snow; his favourite season is winter... but who is this person who embraced him so familiarly. Again, there is the feeling of déjà vu; of already knowing this person, though he can't quite remember who. "I'm sorry," he says politely, "I can't quite.... who are you?" he asks.

Victor looks at the surrounds, taking in the gently falling snow that covers everything in white, like a fluffy blanket. The trees and landscape have become shapeless; the edges have been dulled. The colours have been muted, the sky is a pale blue, not the brilliant colour of summer, it's as everything is just... a shadow of it's former self.

Something tugs at him in the back of his mind, if this is a day dream, then why does it seem so real?

Snow's heart sank. Had it really been that long? He stares into Victor's face, his own eyes beginning to shimmer with tears, his eyebrows pressed together. "Have you really forgotten me?" He says softly, looking away. His face had a downcast look to it, and a sad frown was upon his lips. "I guess it has...lately you haven't the time to dream..." He walks away a bit, and turns to look at him. "How old are you now? The last time we met was when you were sixteen...You said you were going to be busy...but you'd visit me...And you never came...I thought...you'd forgotten about me...it seems I was right..." He kneels down in the snow again, and gathers a bunch of it in his hand. He blows on it, and the snow flies away, a clear looking ball was now in his hand, though the glass was slightly tinted grey. It had black markings on it, and inside was what appeared to be a light, that constantly changed color, and shimmered.

He looks up at Victor, and holds the globe up to him. "At least tell me that you remember this..." He says softly, and reaches out, taking a hold of Victor's hand, turning it so his hand was palm up, and sets the globe in his hand. At his touch the light would become white, and snow would begin to twirl within it, softly glittering and constantly shifting around. It was beautiful. As it danced, a song could be heard from deep within. The music would reverberate from within the ball, and fill the air around them, the snow flakes falling as if they were dancing. He watches Victor, hopefully the song would stir some kind of memory.

(This is the song)

Victors brows drew together; a look of concentration and a little confusion. The melody was familiar, but familiar in the same way everything else was in this place... a niggling in the back of his mind and a tug somewhere deep within. He continued frowning as the melody played, not from the music itself, but from the look on the face of the... he looked a little old to be calling him a "boy", though there was a boyish quality about him, reminding him of someone or something?

"Um, I'm 21 now... I'm far too busy for dreams, I'm going to be taking over my fathers company soon..." Dreams? If he was too busy for dreams, then what was he doing now? Wasn't he in the middle of doing his homework? The landscape wavered slightly around the edges. Besides, wasn't it still summer? It might be turning into autumn, but there shouldn't be snow yet; so where was the snow coming from? Victor took his glasses off and knuckled one of his eyes. "I-I'm not sure if I remember..."

"21....So long..." Snow falls to his knees, the globe that was in Victor's hand turning to snow and drifting away, carried by a soft breeze. He felt as if his heart was breaking, being torn out of his chest and tossed away at the words that Victor said. 'Too busy to dream...taking over my father's company...Don't remember...' Snow bows his head, his long white hair covering his eyes, and tears began to fall, shimmering in the air as they fell from his cheeks, and landing on the snow below, only to freeze and become like tiny crystals.

"Snow...you loved snow...the winter, the way it made everything just a bit softer around the edges...you loved how it made everything shimmer and look surreal...Everything about it made you happy...then you created this place within your dreams, a place where you could see snow whenever, no matter what the season...And in here, you created me...you gave me life...and gave me my name...Snow...I AM Snow!!!" He looks up at Victor, a desperate longing for Victor to remember, to remember him, the times they spent together. "But if you don't have time to dream...You might as well just wake up!" He gathers a bunch of snow in his hands, and packs it into a ball, before throwing it at Victor, hitting him in the face, most likely it stung. And in that moment, Victor would wake up, his face still stinging.

As the older man vanished, Snow began to cry harder, falling to the ground and curling up into a tight ball, trembling as he lay there, and crying out for the man that had, indeed, forgotten about him. He felt lost, more lost then he ever had before. "Why....why?" He whispers over and over, before closing his eyes, and drifting away, to where ever dreams go when they fall asleep.

Victor blinked his eyes a few times, the pen falling from his fingers to clatter on the desk, chasing away the blurry images in his mind. He looked out the window and was warm breeze that blew across his face was in stark contrast to the cold that the snow in his mind should have been... but he didn't feel cold, but shivered anyway. His hand lifted to his face, long fingers brushing against the stinging skin; if it was a dream, then it shouldn't hurt... right? He pushed his chair out and leaned back in it, staring up at the ceiling of his room, his glasses lifted and resting on his forehead. He was perplexed; emotions swirling within him. If he closed his eyes again, would he return?

He stared blankly at the ceiling, his eyes following the lazy rotations of the fan. 16 eh? He certainly wasn't the same person he was back then, relentless studying and the oppressive expectations of his parents had seen to that. There was a pang deep within his heart, even if he didn't remember, the... no, he couldn't call it a figment of his imagination, he didn't think that they'd look at him with such hurt and betrayal. He pinched the bridge of his nose. What was one supposed to do in this instance? He couldn't remember the last time he had to try and make friends with someone, but that's what he was supposed to do.. right?

He spent the rest of the evening with his mind blank. His parents weren't home, so his dinner was brought to his room so that he could keep studying. His bath went longer than usual, soaking in the tub until his skin went wrinkled, not even the hot water chasing away his mental fog, and yet, the niggling that he was supposed to know something would not go away.

He lay in his bed, listening to the sounds of the night outside his window, and wondered what would happen if he closed his eyes this time...

As the day turned to night in the real world, nothing changed in the world that Snow called home. The lights dimmed slightly, so it was covered in a twilit glow, the snow on the ground shimmering, the sky having a darkened look. Everything had a slight bluish silver tint, and the snow looked like crushed crystal upon the ground. Even though the time steadily drifted by, Snow remained upon the ground, a feeling of hurt deep within his heart. He knew that it had been such a long time since Victor had been there last...but...he had never imagined, in the timing of the real world, that it had been five, nearly six years...

Snow's eyes open slowly, the tears having ceased falling a while back, but he still had a sad look upon his face. His whole form was covered with a light layer of snow, like a soft cold blanket. Even though it was cold, Snow loved it, the texture, the uniqueness of each flake, the way it shimmered as it fell through the sky. Sitting up slowly, he turns his face to the sky, the tiny flakes of snow falling upon his face, and, unlike when it touches people's skin, it doesn't melt, but stays where it was. His eyes close, his long lashes brushing upon his cheeks, and his face looked sad still, a frown tugging at the corner of his lips.

When he feels another presence arrive, he does not open his eyes, knowing that the only other soul who could enter this place was Victor. Instead, he turns his back on the man, not wanting Victor to see the tears that had begun to fall once more, not wanting him to see the pained look upon his face. He knelt there in silence, his hands held in front of him, clasped tightly together. His head bows, the long white locks of hair falling in his face. "I thought....you didn't have time to dream...." He finally says, his voice soft and sad. He still does not turn to look at Victor, remaining as he was. "If you don't have time to dream...then why are you here...again?"

The surreal landscape was there again, though the sky a little darker, pinpoints of light flickering and dancing. Did that mean that it was night here too? Victor looked around, watching the snow falling for a moment. He took a few steps, hearing the crunch of it beneath his feet, the snow deadened any other sounds that he might of heard, but what else was there, hiding in the whiteness? A few more steps, and he can make out a figure against the white, frowning as it speaks to him. "I-I'm not sure why I'm here... Look, I'm sorry, well, I think I'm sorry, but I don't know what I'm supposed to be sorry for"

Victor ran a hand through his hair, long fingers tangling through the dark strands, a look of irritation crossed his face. "If it bothers you so much, I'll just leave right? All have to do is... wake up? If I haven't dreamed of this place for five or more years, then I'm sure that I can find something else to dream about..." He gritted his teeth against the words he just uttered, knowing that they sound harsh and cruel, but the added expectation of remembering something that he can't makes him angry... "If you're s-supposed to be my friend, in my head, then why would I want someone who doesn't understand that I can't remember?!"

He breathes heavily, the emotion washing through him, his angry breaths pluming in front of him. If he had an "imaginary" friend when he was younger, then what had happened to make him forget?

Snow's eyes widen at Victor's words, and he turns quickly to face the older man, fear in his eyes. "No! Please don't go! Please..." He stands up quickly, and hurries over to Victor, once more tears falling. He flings his arms around Victor's waist, and buries his head in Victor's shirt, trembling. "Please...don't leave me alone again..I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!! Please...Just don't go!!" He sobs, his whole body shaking from the tears, his hands clutching onto Victor as if in a desperate attempt to keep Victor from leaving him there alone.

He knew that through time Victor just might grow up and start forgetting, but Snow didn't like that. He wanted to be with Victor forever, to have him there...Whenever Victor was gone, he felt so alone. "Please...stay here...I'll...I'll be happy...if you just stay..." He whispers, his voice muffled by Victor's shirt. His tears fell constantly, getting Victor's shirt wet, but Snow couldn't help but cry, he didn't want Victor to leave, fearing that once he did...he wouldn't ever come back. He feared that Victor hated him now, hated that Snow was slightly angry that Victor couldn't remember. But he didn't want Victor to leave...

Victors hands went instinctively around Snow as the others arms went around him. "I-I-m sorry" he said softly. He wasn't so hard-hearted not to be moved by anothers tears no matter how strange the situation currently felt to him. "I don't think I'm going anywhere, well, at least not right now. I think I'm asleep for the night..." Victor swallowed a few times, "Um, maybe you can... help me remember?" The niggling in the back of his mind was coming and going. He was slowly remembering the landscape itself; he really did like the snow, so it made sense to him that if he had somewhere in his mind that he could retreat to, that it would be winter there, and that there would be snow. Now that he was older, he could also recognise the landscape in a different way - was he that lonely as a child that the best he could come up with was a desolate winter landscape?

Snow looks up at Victor, who had said that maybe Snow could help him remember. Tilting his head slightly, Snow wonders how he could do that. For a moment he remains where he was, his arms around Victor, and his head resting against the older man's chest. How...to make Victor remember? He thought the globe would make him at least remember a little bit, as it had been very special to them...but apparently that hadn't worked... And then he remembers. The last time that they had seen each other, right before Victor had left...he had kissed Snow, and said something about how soft and cold his lips were, how they reminded him once again of snow.

He blushes, wondering if that would work. Releasing his grip upon Victors shirt, he backs away slightly, and looks up into Victor's face, biting his lip and trying to think if he should really say his idea. He takes a deep breath. Might as well. "Um...uh...well...h-how about...y-you k-kiss me? I-I mean...l-last time you l-left...y-you kissed me a-and..w-well, to-told me th-that my l-lips r-reminded y-you of s-s-snow...so...I w-was thinking...just maybe..." He blushes deeper, and stares at the ground, not able to keep on speaking. It was kind of embarrassing...asking Victor to kiss him...

Victor paused. A kiss? What kind of kissing would he have been doing when he was younger? How would someone's lips remind him of snow? Snow was cold and wet, and his face-full of it earlier was less than pleasant. He looked down at the blushing face, a hand subconsciously reaching up, his thumb brushing along the trembling bottom lip. "A kiss you say?" Victor leaned forward, and then pulled back slightly perhaps thinking better of it. He cupped Snow's face with both hands and leaned forward again, brushing his lips against the others... they were cold... just like he had said...

Victors heart gave a heavy thump deep inside his chest; He certainly wasn't fifteen anymore. His grip on Snow's chin tightened slightly and he bent his head once more. His lips pressing firmly against the others, his tongue pushing gently. He dropped a hand down, his arm sliding along Snow's waist, pulling him close.

The first kiss was nothing more than Victor brushing his lips against Snow's, and that was all that Snow was thinking he would do...he wasn't expecting the older man to kiss him again, the kiss more firm this time, he could feel Victor's tongue pushing against his lips. Slowly he opens his mouth, allowing Victor's tongue to slip between his lips, their breath warm against the other. He feels as Victor's arm slides down to his waist, and pulls Snow close to him. Cautiously, Snow reaches up, and wraps his arm around Victor, his hands clasping behind Victor's back.

Snow's heart began to beat wildly in his chest, and his eyes flutter slightly as the kiss continued. This was much more intense of a kiss than the last time they had met, that was for sure. But Snow liked it, and maybe...this way Victor would remember him more. He liked the way Victor felt, the way their bodies were pressed close against one another. The feeling of Victor's lips against his own, the hand that was at his waist. Everything about this moment...it was pure bliss to Snow...

The body in his arms was soft and pliable. He gently broke the kiss and gave a lopsided smile. "I didn't realise that I was quite so melodramatic when I was younger" he said softly. The hazy memories were returning, but they were the memories of a child, not the of adult that he was now, though an "imaginary" friend had never quite felt so real before.

"Well... now what am I supposed to do with you?" he asked, "I can hardly spend all my time sleeping just to be with you, I will have a company to run, I'll have even less time for idle thoughts and dreams." Victor brushed away the white strands of hair that had fallen across the others face. "It seems... a bit of a waste..."

When their lips parted, Snow looks up into Victor's eyes, and listens to what he said. That had indeed been a problem in the past, and there was no way it wouldn't be a problem now. Whenever they had visited back then, Victor would always go on about how he would come up with some way for Snow to come out in the real world. 'Some day, when I have enough money and resources...I'll set you free from this world...and then we'll be together forever...' He had said. Snow smiles at the memory, and leans his forehead against Victor's hand as he brushed the snow white hair from his face.

Snow looks up at him, and smiles slightly. Reaching up, he clasps at Victors hand with his own glove covered one, his own hand small compared to Victor's. "Do you remember...when you said you'd find a way to get me to the real world? Often we'd sit around and think up ideas, you had the most amazing ones...mine were a bit weird though." He laughs. "But for some reason...now matter how impossible it seemed, you would never give up the idea to somehow get me to your world..."

Victors heart sank just a little. They were the hopes of dreams of the child he once was, as an adult he recognised that it would be impossible to get something out of his head and into the real world. Not even the holographic fantasies of science fiction would be enough, what use was light and sound? It was no different to what he already had inside his head, at least inside his head he could actually touch Snow. For what it was worth, and least he could escape into his head once more, he was no longer trapped in the confines of the real world, and that thought gave him some small measure of comfort.

"You haven't really aged, have you?" he asked, "Does this mean that when I'm old and grey, you'll look the same as you do now?"

Snow blinks when he hears what Victor said. Now that he thought about it...no he really hadn't aged. He was a bit taller than before, but that was about it... He frowns, looking down at the ground, and leaning his head against Victor's chest. He didn't like the thought of being young while Victor grew old...he was also scared of the fact that once Victor had died...so would he... His vision blurs once again as tears form, but he wipes them away. He backs away a little bit, and smiles up at Victor. "Well...if things continue the way they are...then yes, that's how it's going to be...But I hope that won't be the case..."

Snow walks over to the bench from earlier, and sits down, crossing his legs up on the seat, and sighs. Wasn't there some way that he could come to Victor's world? Some miracle? A single tear drop falls, and he catches it in his hand, the tiny drop freezing, becoming a small crystal like jewel. He sighs, before letting it drop from his hand. A dream...that's all he was. No amount of trying would ever change that. And miracles? They didn't exist...but...how did he exist, if not for a miracle? He sighs again, these depressing thoughts weren't helping in any way. "Victor?" Do you believe...in miracles?"

Victor followed Snow to the bench and sat down next to him. Did he believe in miracles? Just what could be considered a miracle? He thought the word was overused for things that weren't really miracles, after all, things like babies being born happened all the time, no matter what their doting parents might believe... but a true miracle, wouldn't that be something like the impossible becoming possible; a dream becoming reality? "I don't know," he answered truthfully, "It would be nice if they did happen; that's what makes the miracles, but reality is often harsh and cold... a bit like the snow..." a sad smile played around his lips. Where did dreams go when they died?

"Hey Snow, do you remember anything about before? Like, before we met?"

When Victor came to sit down next to him on the bench, Snow rests his head against Victor's shoulder, closing his eyes slightly, and listening to what Victor's answer was to his question. Snow smiles at what the answer was, though the way Victor worded it...making it seem harsh, and comparing it with snow...it stung a little. But it was the truth, snow was cold and harsh, much like reality. He looks up at Victor's face when the other asks him if he could remember anything from before they had met. Snow frowns, his eyebrows pressed together.

If he thought about it...no, he didn't remember anything. The only memories he had were the times since meeting Victor. "I'm afraid I don't remember anything. My first memory was when I opened my eyes to see you standing over me...with such a bright smile on your face. It was so nice to look at. Anything before that...there is nothing, only a blank whiteness..." He sighs, pulling his legs up onto the bench and curling up slightly, leaning into Victor a bit more. "Other than the memories I have since meeting you...there is nothing. I'm sorry..."