A New Life

Zombie_In_A_Box

Adam's feelings were a bit confusing at the moment, feeling sad for Matt now that was going to lose what he loves most, modeling. Yet glad that the woman was very understanding was taking it all, well, better than him. He squeezed Matt's hand affectionately. "Thank you for understanding, it's a very ideal situation." He said with a smile. Eric looked at his lover Pete, lost, he really had expected the woman to scream at them or call them things...which was he would expect from heterosexual people.

"Will he get his job back after the baby?" Pete asked hoping for a positive answer.

(I'm sorry for my (super) late reply, but I've just been too busy.)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• tuti

The woman let out a sigh and closed her eyes for a few moments before answering the question. "Only if you manage to publish the news about male pregnancy. Otherwise, we wouldn't know how to explain Matthew's disappearance... Also, the kid. And the fact that he's gay... They will all add up to one huge bomb that will explode at everyone's faces. I won't be able to explain all that by myself!"

Matt bit his lip slightly and let out a sad smile. "It's alright, I understand." It seemed like he was forcing himself to sound at least slightly happy. "If it's too much of a trouble, I'll just forget about this carreer... I'll find some other job." The blonde said this with a heavy feeling inside his chest. Modelling was already a part of his life...

((It's okay~ ^-^))

Adam couldn't believe this, he knew Matt would be jobless while pregnant, but it didn't mean he'd lose his job, right? "But you don't know that yet." Adam said to her. "You don't know how well or how bad this will affect his career...we should just wait for that instead of jumping into conclusions." It was a silly idea, he knew that most of the people would look down on them just because of their sexuality, now add a kid to the equation. But he wasn't going to be the one to destroy Matt's hopes.

"And we'll help exposing Eric's research, it'll help the people understand what Matt is going through." Pete said with serious expression that stopped any complain from Eric. "Here." He said quickly writing something in two piece of paper that were laying on the table between them. "This my cellphone number and our house number." The little man then gave each Matt and the woman the new piece of information. "Please, feel free to call anytime." And casting his eyes at the model. "I mean it."

Matt was close to tears at this point. He tightly gripped onto Adam and shook his head. “I don't think it's gonna be possible to come back to work afterwards...“ He muttered out quietly while the woman sighed softly and glanced at Pete. “If you manage to do that, the chance of Matthew coming back to work increases...“ She said quietly and glanced at the blond with a sad look in her own eyes.

Matt took in a slightly shaky breath and took the paper into his hands. He bit his lower lip, feeling the tears threatening to spill any moment. He tried to calm himself down while gently wrapping a hand around his abdomen. The shorter man glanced at Adam with tears in his eyes, then at his manager. “Can I go home now that everything's clear?“ He asked quietly, hoping to hold in the tears. The said woman nodded with a soft smile. “I'll inform your colleagues about what happened.“

Adam's face was expressionless as he nodded to the people in the room and followed Matthew to the parking lot. They had come to work together that morning so the soon to be ex-model knew where Matt's car was. Adam tired to school his face, but his inner demons were hard to fight back. He felt like an asshole. This was all his fault. Yes, he loved the idea of having a future with lovely blonde beautiful man. But not at the cost of the man's career. This was Matt's dream and now he was the main responsible of destroying it.

He drove them back to Matt's place in a comfortable silence. But his mind yelling accusations at him in his skull was loud and deafening. The look he saw in Matt's eyes when they left almost broke his heart in a millionth pieces. He helped Matt sit down on the livingroom sofa and brought a glass of water. Adam sighed as he sat down next to the pregnant man. "I'm sorry." He finally said, shaking his head. "It seems I've ruined your life in more ways than one." He added softly.

Matt managed to squeeze out a smile and shook his head. "You don't have to apologize..." He said softly and looked at the glass of water in his hands. The blond took in a hitched breath as his lower lip began trembling from the tears he was barely holding in. "I mean... It's not your fault this happened..." The golden-eyed male said quietly and closed his eyes. Tne more he thought about it, the better he realized it was his fault only. He was the one who invited Adam for a drink, where he got the condom; he was the one who offered Adam to stay in his house; he was the one who started all the events that went from that point...

"I shouldn't even be asking for you to stay... Y-You have a life to live..." Matt said quietly as tears began dripping down. "You have a job... You could get a normal family... B-But now I'm just holding you back..." The blond somehow managed to get the words out while tightly gripping the glass. His shoulders were trembling slightly as he kept his eyes closed, even though that didn't stop the tears. He was feeling weak...

The blonde's word froze whatever inner storm was going inside of Adam's brain and it broke the spell. He moved closer to Matt taking the glass from the man's hands and placed it on the table. "What are you say?" He said softly taking both Matt's hands in his, he looked at Matt, though the look of the man's tears caused a pain in his chest. "I wont leave you alone even if you push me back." He paused and very carefully placed his palm against Matt's still flat abdomen. "This is my family now, you are my family now, if you want me to." He added softly and lighted his right hand to wipe some of the tears from Matt's cheeks. "You are not holding me back since I want to be here for you...for you both."

Matt opened his eyes slightly to look at the other, tears still rolling down his face. The other's words seemed so gentle and kind... So how come they just made more tears appear? The blond's shoulders trembled as he buried his face into Adam's chest as if searching for some warmth. He gripped onto the taller's shirt with both hands tightly, not wanting to let go. "I just... I'm scared..." He finally admitted, though his words were only a whisper. He was afraid of what was about to come - he was afraid of losing his job, he was afraid of what people around him would say.... But mostly, he was still scared that Adam would decide to leave him. After all, who wanted to have something to do with a pregnant guy?

Adam sighed and simply tightened his arms, which were warmly wrapped around Matt's trembling shoulders. "I understand if you are feeling scared, no one will judge you for that. You ARE the first man I know that is pregnant." He said trying to cheer up the blonde. "Besides..." He lifted Matt's chin so the slightly shorter man was looking at him in the eyes. "I wont let you go through this alone. I know you said you didn't want us to become more than friends but I do want to be part of this, I want to be part of this child life." He said before lightly brushing his lips against Matt's. "Please lean on me, don't carry everything on your shoulders alone." He whispered leaning his forehead against the other as he said those words.

Matt took in a deep breath, trying to calm himself down as Adam talked. He nodded lightly at the words that left the brunet's mouth, even though the tears didn't seem to stop yet. The blond's lower lip trembled slightly before he closed his eyes and exhaled, both of his hands still tightly gripping onto the taller's shirt. The younger male lowered his head slightly as he let his hands slide down. "I... Thanks..." He muttered out quietly before wiping off the tears. It was hard, really hard to take it in. Matt still couldn't believe that a new life was growing inside of him... The blond's breathing slowly evened out and he looked at the other with a faint smile on his face. "Sorry I broke down like that..." He apologized quietly and wrapped his hands around his abdomen. Maybe everything would be alright... Or was that just a naiive thought?

• 2 weeks later...

(I hope you don't mind that I skip the time in this post)

---the following day---

After making sure that Matt had eaten his breakfast and had anything he needed, Adam left for work. It was sad to know that he and Matt would be sharing the same workplace but he was still hopeful that things would change. A few minutes after Adam left for work, someone knocked at Matt's door. It was Pete. Hoping Matt was already up and not minding a little company. He'd gotten Matt's address yesterday, when they all shared phone numbers and other information.

((I don't mind~))

Matt's been a complete wreck since yesterday. The simplest things were enough to make him cry, like, for example, when he accidentally dropped and broke a glass of water... The blonde wasn't able to stop crying over how useless he was for at least twenty minutes. He really hoped this would change...

The young male sniffled softly as he walked over to open the door for whoever was pressing the doorbell. Once he realized it was Pete, Matt felt like bursting out into tears once again. Somehow, he managed to calm himself by taking in a few deep breaths. “Hey... Come in.“ He offered quietly while opening the door wider for Pete. Matt's voice was affected by the crying as well. It was constantly on the line of breaking...

• 4 weeks later...

The bright smile that Pete had on his face soon melted away but Matt's appearance. The man looked as if he had been crying for a whole day. "Matt, what's wrong?" The shorter man said once he was inside the house. He wrapped an arm around Matt's shoulder for comfort, worry evident in his eyes and voice. "Are you feeling unwell?" He asked thinking probably the pregnancy making Matt feel ill or worse.

Matt let out a soft whimper when he felt a hand around his shoulders and looked down at the ground as his eyes filled up with tears. “I'm fine, it's just... I don't know, I-I've been crying a lot...“ He admitted after a while and sniffled, wrapping a hand around his abdomen. “And I hate being alone...“ The blond said quietly before burying his head into Pete's shoulder. He hadn't felt this bad in a long while... A small hint of regret tried showing itself, but Matt did his best to just push it away. He was not regretting a baby. Never.

Pete tightened his half hug and smiled understandably. "It's okay to feel like that. But you really should take on my offer and call me anytime you feel like you need someone other than Adam to talk to." After that Pete lead Matt to the living room and sat down next him. "I brought this with me." he said fishing a book from his backpack. Hopefully it would cheer Matt up at least a little. "It's about pregnancy, I know your body is not exactly the same as a female's, but maybe you might recognize some of the symptoms?" He bought the book months ago, when he and Eric first started trying to conceive. Matt obviously needed it more than he ever would.

Matt smiled and nodded slightly, looking at Pete with grateful eyes. "Thank you, really.." He muttered out as he sat down and took the book from the other's hands. His golden eyes gazed at the book for a while before he opened it and just ran over the pages, only catching a few more interesting facts. He soon raised his eyes back to the brunet and smiled warmly. "I'll read it through today... Oh, do you want anything to eat or drink? I can make something~" The blond offered while setting the book on the table. His manager insisted on making his working hours way less - she wanted to forbid him from working at all, but he couldn't agree with that. As long as his body was good enough for modelling, he was going to do it.

"Sure! I could help you if you want." Pete said as he followed Matt to the kitchen. "This is a really nice place." He commented as he looked around. "Do you share this place with Adam too?" He asked. Honestly, Pete didn't really know what the relationship between Adam and Matt was. Yes he could see the man cared for blonde a lot. But so far he hadn't introduced themselves as lovers or anything of the sort.

Matt smiled as he walked off to the kitchen, letting out a small, rather weak chuckle at the other's comment. "Yeah, it's not too bad." He said with a smile which was quickly replaced by an emotionless face. "...I don't know." The blond said quietly at the other question. "I mean... This wasn't even supposed to happen..." The lean male muttered out as he lowered his head, walking towards the fridge. Really, what were they? Lovers? He couldn't really tell... It was just one night and they were drunk!

"Hmm." Pete mused as he leaned on the kitchen counter to study Matt's face. "I see, but do you know how you feel about him?" Because from the looks Adam give Matt when young man is not looking are of a man who truly and deeply care, in Pete's opinion anyways. Pete has always been a romantic or so Eric accused him of.

Matt took in a slightly shaky breath as he carefully took out some meat and vegetables. He bit his lower lip before putting everything on the table, then turned to Pete and lightly shook his head. "I'm not sure..." The blond muttered out and looked down at the ground as if he was upset by all this - which he was. If he himself didn't know just what he felt towards Adam... How was he supposed to know who they were?

Pete took in Matt's confused and upset expression and decided not to push him. It definitely wouldn't do any good to the baby. "That's fine, I'm sure both of you'll figure it out eventually." He said with a reassuring smile. "The simple fact that he's willing to stick around and help you a take care of your child means that he care." Or that he is simply a nice guy with good moral values? "So what are we making?" He asked looking at the frozen meat.

Matt sniffled softly and nodded a bit while biting his lip. Finally, he took in a deep breath and looked up at Pete with a small smile. "Yeah... You're right." He said softly before turning back to the meat. The blond blinked and glanced over at the other with a small chuckle. "I used to eat this all the time when I lived with my parents. It's really simple, really~ Chicken with brocolli~" He said as he pointed at the chicken and the green vegetables. "Can you cut this up?" The golden-eyed male asked while pointing at the broccoli.

Pete clapped his has together in excitement and moved to do as told. "If only I could make Eric eat his vegetables. For a scientist, he doesn't really like to eat healthy." He said as he washed his hands before starting cutting said vegetables. It was a simple meal but it felt nice to finally have a friend to talk to. It's always only Eric and him. Not that he didn't enjoy spending his time with his partner but this was definitively new and nice. "So, have you thought of a name already?" He asked while cutting the broccoli. "For the baby." He added just for clarification.

Matt blinked and let out a chuckle, glancing at the other with a smile. "He doesn't eat his vegetables? Sheesh, like some kind of a kid... Hopefully I can make Adam eat them~" The blond said with a warm smile as he started cutting the meat into small pieces. The model focused on the process as he heard the question and blinked a few time. "No... I mean, there's a lot of time left, so I didn't even start..." He said with a small frown on his face as he looked at the brunet. "I mean, I kind of want to talk this over with Adam, too... If he even agrees..." The shorter male said quietly before turning his golden eyes back on the meat.

Pete nodded, even though Matt probably couldn't see this motion, and threw the cut vegetables in boiling water. "I think that's the best thing, since I'm sure he wants to be a hundred percent part of this." He sad as he threw away the hard parts of the broccoli that wont be eaten and leaned on the kitchen counter. "And, yes, even though he shows a hard mean exterior to others, Eric is a big kid sometimes. But don't tell him I told you that." He said with a wink.