Looking Back on it all, I Think I Love You... (Bikky and クローバー (Clover))

Ero Gaki

Eiji noticed that Keita was confused about how he acted.

"It's not like that, Keita. I-it's just that there are stuffs there that you do not want to see." Eiji muttered as he scratched his head. "You'll die of heart attack if ever you see those private stuffs, ahaha.." He joked with an awkward laugh.

I really have to keep it away from him as far as possible!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• クローバー (Clover)

• Ero Gaki

"Oh, okay." Keita said. He was a little curious now. However, since his friend had implored him not to explore the matter any further, he decided to leave it be until it was relevant.

"What classes are you taking this semester?" Keita changed the subject.

"Eh? Hmm, i'll take all the major ones." Eiji answered.

Eiji went towards his things and he started to move some packages near his area.

"Yare, yare. I brought unnecessary stuffs with me." Eiji uttered to himself as he opened the first box filled with stuffs like Anime figmas and empty journals.

"I'm trying to major in music right now, so I'm auditioning for private guitar lessons so I won't have to take a class. Other than that, I'm taking Classical Chinese Philosophy, Intro to Psychology, a course in gay film, and a fiction writing class. I'm pretty happy that I got all of the annoying distribution requirements out of the way freshman year." Keita said. He raised an eyebrow at Eiji's mention of "unnecessary stuff". Why was it unnecessary? Would those items become necessary later? Keita didn't think too much on it and just let his childhood friend unpack.

"A-Ah, souka." Eiji answered.

He wasn't really interested on what Keita brought up, so he doesn't have anything specific to reply.

Eiji continued on arranging his things. He found 5 love letters that he received when he was in high school.

Eiji remembered those girls, and then he sighed. Annoying. Why did i brought it here?

"What's wrong?" Keita asked. "You seem a little down today."

Keita was starting to become suspicious on the inside. Why was Eiji acting so strangely? Why was he hiding so much from someone he'd known for basically all of his life? Was there something wrong with Keita? Was it the time they spent away that changed him? Keita had to know.

Eiji rubbed his head and continued unpacking his stuffs from the first box.

"Nothing's wrong Keita." He paused on unpacking for a while and smiled at Keita.

He knew that Keita was worried about the way he declined Keita's help, and as for the matter of fact, he feels guilty about it.

But there's no way I would let him see those childish drawings of mine!

"All right." Keita said. "But if you need someone to talk to about anything, you can always talk to me. Do you have a cell phone? I can give you my number."

Keita took out his iPhone. He was seriously a little worried for Eiji and wanted to help him in any way he could. The Eiji back then wasn't easily embarrassed, as far as Keita could remember. Maybe something happened in the new school that made him more self-conscious?

Eiji took out his phone from his pocket and gave it to Keita.

"Etou, Tanomu. I have to clean this dusty notebook first before it dirties the bed. If you don't mind, could you save our numbers in each phones alone?" Eiji requested as he held the tip of the dusty notebook.

"Why did I even bring this dusty one here?" Eiji uttered and he sighed.

"Okay, I will." Keita said, doing exactly as Eiji instructed. His behavior was seriously starting to worry him. He had no idea what was going on or who made him like this. He finished inputting the numbers and returned Eiji's phone to his desk.

"There! Done! When you're done organizing your stuff, do you want to go to dinner?" Keita asked.

Eiji wiped the notebook's dusty cover with a dry cloth. When the dust left, he wiped the cover again with a wet cloth.

"Sure. This'll be the last one. The other do not need unpacking, so get ready ahead." Eiji turned to Keita as he smiled and answered.

Eiji washed his hands and then he wiped his hands with a clean cloth. He then compiled all the boxes neatly.

He then went closer to Keita and he caressed Keita's cheek.

"I'm getting excited for our dinner. It's been such a long time. Even the smallest of things that we're about to do from now on will never fail to make me happy, Keita." Eiji softly said as he continued to caress Keita's cheek.

"Me too." Keita laughed. "It's been so long since we've eaten together. I really need to catch up with you after not seeing you for so long."

His suspicions seemed to leave him temporarily when Eiji touched him. Eiji's hands felt soft and gentle but strong and firm at the same time. It was little moments like these that Keita wished could last forever.

"As much as I want to sit like this forever, we can't sit like this forever. We need to actually get up​ to go eat dinner." Keita said jokingly.

"Hai, hai." Eiji said as he stood up and took out his wallet.

He wore his raven-colored sweater that matches his raven hair and his blue eyes.

He placed his phone inside his pocket.

"So, where do you want to eat dinner?" Eiji asked Keita as soon as he was done preparing himself.

"Well, we can go to this nice restaurant across the street that I found last year. I read that it serves Vietnamese food, and it gets consistently good reviews." Keita opened up a map of the campus on his phone and pointed to the house directly across the street from the front entrance of the school. "They make great noodle dishes, and I really think you'd like it!"

"Vietnamese? I would like to try their dishes. Let's go then."

Eiji closed the windows and the curtains.

He double checked his pockets if his phone and his wallet were there.

He then opened the door and gave Keita a gesture to go out first since Eiji will be the one to lock the door and turn of the lights.

Keita grabbed his wallet and phone off of his desk before leaving. He used his phone as a map, inputting the restaurant's address into Google Maps.

"All right, I've set the map up. Just follow me, okay?" Keita said. Feelings of nostalgia washed over him again. When they were little, Keita was a curious boy, so he and Eiji would take hikes in their back yards that often led them into urban civilization, where they'd use their allowances to buy candy or eat dinner together. Most often, Keita let Eiji take the lead. Keita smiled at those memories. He loved how things finally seemed to be coming full circle now that he was leading Eiji.

Eiji nodded when Keita told him to follow.

Eiji chuckled out of a sudden.

"Funny how you're the one leading the way whereas you always followed me in situations like this while holding my hand like this."

And then Eiji held Keita's hand.

"How nostalgic." Eiji said as he stared above and smiled.

Keita smiled back.

"Trust me, you'll love this place." Keita said, walking across campus to the front exit. He then walked down the sidewalk to the crosswalk. Looking both ways carefully before crossing, Keita checked his phone to see that they were going in the right direction. Happy that they were, Keita continued on, looking for the neon signage of the restaurant. After a couple blocks, Keita pointed to a neon sign written in Vietnamese.

"This is it. I can't read the sign, but that's what makes it recognizable." Keita said, leading his friend inside. A waiter greeted them. "Hello there! A table for two, please."

The waiter nodded and led them to a table. Keita motioned for Eiji to sit down first.

Eiji pushed his glasses a little using his finger and he thoroughly looked at the sign.

"Sugoi, Vietnamese is interesting." Eiji said.

He was fascinated on the sign only at first, but when they entered, he was more amazed.

The smell of Vietnamese dish lingered onto his nose.

He looked around and saw familiar faces onto his college, eating at the restaurant.

"So this place is popular among our college's students too, huh."

Eiji sat down as Keita requested him to, and then he smiled at Keita.

"This place is great."

Keita smiled in response. This was exactly what he was hoping to hear. He handed Eiji a menu.

"Pho is what they're best known for. I like the pho with brisket and eye round most." Keita said. "But you can select whichever dish you please. I think it doesn't matter which dish you choose. The chefs here are trained pretty hard in what they do, and their service is quick as well."

Keita enjoyed being able to spend time with Eiji like this. It was times like these where Keita felt more genuinely happy, not needing to mask any emotions with a disingenuous smile.

Eiji suddenly felt hungry as he saw the menu.

Those foreign dishes were somewhat delicious to look at.

Japanese people are very particular when it comes to what they eat.

Not just anything would appeal to their appetite, but surprisingly, Eiji knew that Vietnamese dishes are delicious too.

He felt kind of embarrassed a little inside, knowing that it is a shame that he isn't familiar with anything let it be just a single one.

"Etou, I do not know anything about Vietnam and all, so how about choose something delicious for me? " Eiji requested as he wore a 'please?' look on his face.

Keita laughed. He thought Eiji looked so cute when he looked pleading, which he hardly ever did. Usually, Keita would be the one asking Eiji for help with pleading puppy dog eyes. Today was quite a strange day. Absolutely everything about their friendship was coming full circle.

"Of course." Keita said. "I'll just get you what I'm ordering, okay?"

Eiji blushed when Keita just laughed because of the pleading he did.

"T-Ttaku! It's not even funny, Keita!" He was embarrassed, obviously.

Eiji tried checking the menu again because maybe he thought that something would appeal to him.

But it was no use. Even though the meals look appetizing, he can't help but doubt.

He just saw it on a picture so he can't guarantee if it really would suffice.

"Okay. I'm counting on it then. Sankyuu." He said without any trace of the blush he just wore a while ago.

"I promise you that you won't be disappointed." Keita said with a wink. A waiter came to their table.

"Welcome. Are you two ready to order?" the waiter asked.

"Yes, actually. I'll have two of the pho with brisket and eye round in large bowls, please. I'll also have one pot of lotus tea, please." Keita said. "Eiji, do you want a different drink, or is tea okay?"

Eiji shook his head.

"I would like to try the Tea. Don't worry, I am not that picky when it comes to beverages." Eiji answered.

Eiji looked around for the second time.

"Do you like Vietnamese foods, Keita? Or it's just that you wanted to try and experience eating one?" Eiji asked.

"I never knew that a picky kid like you would grow to try and eat other stuffs. " Eiji then chuckled. "Mah, it just shows how much you've changed since then."