They are uploading the raws from the forum on other sites.

larauzi

Hi guys all right? So a few weeks ago I ended up going to the Bato.to website and noticed that some Japanese raws were being uploaded there, and many of these manga are available here on the Forum. I didn't say anything at first because I thought I was going crazy hahaha
But when this person uploaded kabukichou bad trip I started to get suspicious, because the same page that I had commented on his post was missing. But then they uploaded a manga that I had made available here on the Forum and I wanted to let you know that this is happening, it may have been a little confusing because English is not my first language.

I'm going to leave here the link of the person reading and some manga that they uploaded there. (There will only be a few mangas because a lot has already been uploaded)

This is the person putting it there: 

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 19

I'm not sure if this was a good place to put this notice, but it did succeed in catching my attention so I hope the other uploaders notice this too. (Sorry to the admins but I feel like we need to comment on this.) :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

First of all. Damn. They uploaded a freaking ton. I see some works I uploaded there too. Maybe it's all one big coincidence, we never know, but from what you said it just makes it seem more than a little suspect.

I'm not sure what we can do about this matter. I remember this person since they sent me a DM before, but I didn't think anything of it back then. I was thinking how we can respond to this, but apparently bato.to and its mirror websites allow uploading of JP raws, so we can't do anything on that end. The software this forum runs on doesn't support blocking either, so we can't prevent them from seeing our posts too. (They may even be reading this post)

So the most direct way is to message this person directly, but I'm hesitating since we don't have solid proof, and it made me think - sure I don't allow reuploading of my uploads in external websites to prevent another cruciatus situation, but in the end bato.to isn't a solo detached site that simply hosts these reuploaded manga, but it's an overall illegal website hosting tons of manga, raw or not, that a lot of people use, and criticizing the content within it throws us in a rabbit hole of questioning the legality of scanlation altogether. Plus, how different is what we're doing compared with them?

We provide download links, but we're in a more hidden community. Bato.to is more open, but you can't download there. It doesn't sit right with me if they really are stealing our files we spent our money on, but then again they can argue that we aren't doing the author any more favors since we're also doing the same thing of sharing these manga with an audience, forum or not. So yeah, I'm just conflicted.

But I'd like to know what you and others think about this and what you want to do, if at all. :cuteonion53:

• Like 22

I agree with everything you said, in the end there's not much we can do, right? I put this notice here so that everyone knows.

(Note: I really don't know if I could have made the post, but if I can't I'll delete it hahahahaha):msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

It’s so sad, why would someone upload it to a public platform?If it is true, You can only negotiate with the uploader, otherwise there is nothing you can do. It is very unfriendly to the original author of the comic to blatantly upload the original Japanese work on a public platform.😖😡

• Like 6

You can't blame them for that, since they're both doing the sharing.
If it's a reprint, I can just tell them to share what they bought themselves there, but that's not clear at this point, so I can't say.

I just hope that the entire group of people receiving the share will get the idea that it's good intentions that I'm sharing it without daring to watermark it.

I could do it to check for reprints, but each such action could kill the momentum of the site, so I'll wait and see.

However, I basically encourage people to buy books on their own, so I will avoid posting newly released books, which are easy prey for reprints.

It's better to do that kind of thing in a more closed setting, so there's no trouble.

• Like 8

Hello.

This problem isn't just limited to comics.

Drama CDs are also uploaded on other sites.

I spent money to buy the CD and share it, but someone told me that it was uploaded on another site.

I was very shocked.

Recently, the number of people with bad manners has increased.

Please read the rules carefully before using this site.

Actually, it is illegal to upload manga or CDs. This is something we must not forget.

• Like 11

I am an outsider, but may I offer my opinion?

I think this post should be deleted.
Because these link will help increase the number of views of the page created by this thief.
Wouldn't that be contributing to this thief?
If you leave it , you keep opening the door to the thief's page.

It seems that if it was within 5 days of creation, you can request deletion of the post.
I think you have been able to raise the issue with a certain number of views in the past few days.
I think it would be more to the benefit of the thief to leave this post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dear

I would like to think it's okay not to delete this post since the one to view the page on bato.to just curious to see the thief pages and mostly people from this forum that went to see bato.to prefer to download from here since we can not download from bato.to. You asked this post to be deleted is more suspicious to me as not to alert people on this forum  and they will continue to share their scans.  I bet many people also scared good kind people that sharing scans in this site wont share again if they aware some people "stole"or sharing their scans without their consent but don't be entitled people since we never spent any money but demand other people who kind enough to share theirs to keep doing this even though some people do shits to them. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thank you for your opinion.

You prefer the download to read raw.
That is fine.
But some people prefer to read online due to their own storage capacity.
I think that displaying  the link to the page of the thief is an advertisement that leads to such people.
The thief will be satisfied with the approval she get when they get more views.
It will also serve as an alternate link if the original uploader deletes the file for some reason.
I fear that would be contrary to the intent of the original uploader.

My opinion is just my personal view .

I understand there are many different ways of thinking.

Thank you.

I think, in this case, the easiest way to solve this is to get in touch with Bato.to. In the past, they would respect scanlators' wishes if the group requested the chapters to be deleted. But i think they would require proof of the scans belonging to the original uploader and not the mimo_jp person. I think even if the admins block this person from the YaoiOtaku forum, they can make an account again under any other name and continue to upload at Bato.to... a problem that is hard to solve, indeed. 

• Like 4

since the member share some mangas that can only found here, and I already wrote on her wall and some member called them out, but
never answered or responded even though they always log in. I don't think people who wants to share their scanlations in here but don't want their scans to get shared outside should post new mangas in here anymore , unless
deletes her pages on bato.to. 

• Like 2

My only thought is that there is no point in letting the only remaining BL sharing forum be ruined by one shitty person. Let's leave it alone.

The person in question has probably noticed that members who were already sharing regularly have stopped sharing or have announced that they will stop.
If they still don't change their behavior, then they are useless people.

It is unfortunate that the only BL RAW site that I believe is left is losing momentum in this way, but there is no obligation to let them continue with their good intentions being trampled on, so I think it is better for each of us to contribute to the authors by buying what we want to read ourselves.

Finally, this post is in English with translations, so I apologize if there are any improper conversions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I recently became a member. 
I feel very sorry for the uploader because I only download it.
Thank you very much to the uploader.
I'm angry at people who ignored the uploader's goodwill and uploaded it to other sites.

Sorry for my bad English.

• Like 1

If you don't mind, could you please quit debating in this place?

If you can.

If the administrator could remove this

I would be really happy.

This is the place for the Japanese version of the manga

I also find it suspicious and confusing that the poster went to the trouble of posting so many links.

It is very annoying and offensive.

Why don't you quit now?

Or can we discuss this in a different place?

It's a shame, because I love this site very much.

Let's end this.

Sorry for my poor English!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dear

Sorry guys if I sound like a prudent or something and maybe i will sound like a jerk, but I know if the uploader post this on another forum's subject , the chance are small people in this forum would read this case(including some uploaders) and will keep uploading without knowing their raw will be shared, cause admit it, majority people came here just to search to download. Off course there will be people that were happy and doesn't care about what those uploaders that mind and scared if their scans got shared outside (copyright)since what they have in minds are just receiving their free raw mangas. 

But maybe many people also feel the same as you, annoyed by this post cause " why you have to post it hereee??? now the uploaders were running away and wont posting anymoreeeee".  

Maybe it was wrong to post it here , and if the administrator deleted this ,to those good people who share this information in the first place and care about those uploaders, can DM the uploaders directly to avoid backlash or something. 

Than you

for sharing this information in the first place

• Like 1

Come on, it's been a few days since I made this post to ALERT the people who upload Raws here on the forum. I noticed that some people were really bothered by the post, which I didn't respond to.... I made this post to warn, if uploaders are bothered by the raws being uploaded to other sites, that's not my fault. And yes, I took the trouble to look at ALL the raws that the person took from here and put on that site, if you find this "uncomfortable", I really don't care about your opinion. 😬🤭
And another thing, I didn't make this post so uploaders wouldn't upload anything else here on the forum, I made it to warn people because there are people who really don't like it. And people like me who don't care! Some of my raws were posted on that website and I will honestly continue uploading the raws I buy here.
Before making the post I sent it to a forum admin, but he hasn't responded yet....
Now saying that I'm a suspicious person, that's already a reason for me to curse someone (which I'm not going to do), it irritates me and irritates me. I'm NEVER going to upload other people's raws on other sites, whoever thinks that, I ask them to improve .:msn_red_fox_smilies-11:
And that's it, I enjoyed reading everyone's opinions, some I agree with and others I don't....
  (As I said, my English isn't very good... )

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

hi, I was just browsing through the internet and found this (

). Their recent collection looked very similar to our newest uploads. Someone might be re-uploading from bato.to or directly from here, I don't know. I've never seen this many raws being uploaded on this site before, so it looked suspicious. just letting you know...

Edited by Amiyaki
  • Sad 3

My honest opinion as someone who has stopped uploading long time ago bcs of the exact same thing: Thank you

for bringing this to the uploaders attention. I reverted to lurking on this forum and when I saw people starting to upload again I always had my fingers crossed that they won't have to make the same shitty experience like cruciatus, me and others, but here we are again.

And to those on here asking "to stop this" and blatantly using words like suspicious and annoying to shame people who want to be helpful ... to say it nicely ... you should keep yourself out of things you have no say in. Jfc you're not an uploader, those aren't your files and your money that's being ripped off by people who are too avaricious to buy sh*t themselves but want to get credit so bad that they steal from others.

Yes we're in a grey area here bcs none of us is allowed to share anything at all, but that doesn't justify such behaviour. And just because some of you here are so comfortably using other peoples kindness to share stuff they bought with their own money, does not give you any right to act so smug and demand from those exact same people to not bother you in your nice little bubble with their "issues". I'm not going to accuse anyone of selfishness but this is exactely what some of you guys are portraying here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Dear

i dunno wether it was my inability to convey what u really want to say in english, and or was your right to say i acted smug  when i call people sus but I would still say it again, because no doubt there were people who don't want this post to be here since they were hoping some uploaders will be oblivious and there were uploaders who willingly share their scans outside here and some who didn't. But I admit for gender, i really disturbed by their tone (or maybe i have some misunderstanding too they were not English speaker). i just realized my post earlier were actually to thanks
( the thank you even got cut. sorry larauzi). for the gray area i agree with all of you, I just got irked when some people want to warn people who dont want their scan to got out got called out by people who wants them to just stay silent so they can get their fix. But maybe you were right, I have no right to say anything from the beggining should keep my mouth shut. lesson learned. 

oh and i should say this from the beggining, sorry for the poor english on my part

Edited by chaineddesire
  • Like 1

Dear

I just witnessed something I know from my daily offline work as a social worker ... the ones feeling the need to explain themselves (in this case: you) are for sure not the ones my words were addressed to. So no worries :) It might have been a misunderstanding bcs I pointed out the word suspicious but it was also used from someone else and their post was the one I was referring to. So I want to apologize if you felt attacked by my words. This was not my intention. Btw you're not smug at all and explaining yourself very well even if english is not your first language.

• Like 2

Hello everyone!

I have reported the member to the bato.to staff, now hopefully they will actually do something about it. Anyone of you who has some time and wants to help with the matter, please also report that member (

) by sending an email at [email protected]

• Like 11
  • Thanks 15

Man, I'm late to the party lol.

If you've never shared any manga on this site and just here to complain about why this kind of issue was raised or being discussed then f* off. Not your money, not your problem. Just stfu and let actual uploaders or people who share the same sentiments w/ uploaders discuss here.

Thanks

for bringing this up. I also recently noticed
who uploaded a bunch of raws when I was browsing through the yaoi tag.

And here I was planning to share 2 new manga but welp I guess I'll hold that off for now. I usually share new manga here after 3 months of Japan release, but given the situation (and seems like other uploaders are on strike as well), I'll make that 6 months or longer. Tho it's kinda ironic that my sig says people can freely use the raws, but it still doesn't sit well with me to see recently released manga uploaded on ad-riddled reader sites (and now even on hen sites lol).  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 18

Hello, I don't know if I have the right to give an opinion since I have just started publishing some books. A while ago I joined this community and I was only a reader during that time nothing happened so that gave me the confidence to publish the MANGAS that I had but I know that it is something illegal since this does not do any good to the author of the book So it's not the fact of bothering me with the person who publishes it somewhere else since I'm doing the same thing, but rather it's the fear of being discovered publishing the mangas. I also thought about publishing Mangas but with what is happening I am going to delay it between 3 to 6 months. In case you are interested, here are the names of the books that I plan to upload.

*ANTA WA ORE NO OMEGA DARO

*DOUSEI YANKI AKAMATSU SEVEN 2 &3

*ASHITA WA DOCHIDA!1~10

*HAPPY KUSO LIFE 5

*HONTOU YAJYU 1~16

Sorry for my strange English, thank you for your understanding. :msn_red_fox_smilies-17:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2