Rohee

Summary: In an alternate timeline, the world prepares to face an alien invasion behind the scenes. In a city still safe and oblivious to the rest of the world's situation, a young boy stumbles upon stunning pretty boy... falling from he sky.

------------------------------

So when I started writing this, I wasn't planning on sharing it. But then I thought, with my lame diligence, I'd probably not continue it if I didn't have a reason to. And I liked this story, so I wanted to continue it.

Anyway, this was greatly inspired from a story on FictionPress. The whole base of the story is pretty much the same. Alien invasion, taking over the world, sci-fi and supernatural stuff. But it's still pretty different, and that other story is discontinued, so I doubt mine will be influenced any more by it. I'm pretty sure the plot will end up very different.

And I'm not used to colors. They'll be dialogue only for this story.

And this probably will update slow, because I find this hard to write. I tend to panic when I try things and they get too complicated. Then, I need to think and plan things out, which is pretty hard considering I don't know where this is going. Okay. Long A/N is long, and said long A/N is over. Enjoy? :3

----------------------------------------------

Love Me Twice

2013—Shanghai

Never before has a single human being ever seen a man fall from the sky. Or at least, no human being residing in the big city of Shanghai ever has.

Suicides—most people there has at least seen a brother jump off of a skyscraper or any other tall enough building, but that was building, and not the sky. Parachutes—not exactly the common sport in that city, but it’s still see-able once in a while. But then again, that was not the sky, it was a helicopter, or from whatever flying vehicle people used.

Of course, there were many other options, but they wouldn’t do one way or another. Because here, the dark haired man, whose white dress shirt had been damped and thus rendered see-through, had obviously fallen from the sky, as there were no tall buildings around the park, and nor were there any planes flying by. There was no parachute on his back either, because that would have been obvious to spot. So I, Cheng Wei Lin, confirm that whoever this person was fell from the sky.

I was not complaining, though. He looked good, and as straight as I was, which was probably as straight as the border of circle would be, I had to admit that—which wasn’t exactly a big deal.

He groggily sat up, attempted blinking the water away from his eyes before flinching at the (as I assumed) pain. Seeing as that wasn’t about to work any time soon, he brought a hand up and rubbed at his eyes, which hadn’t helped either, because his hands and sleeves had obviously also been drenched in water. He then settle for blinking approximately a thousand times, and shaking his head like a dog would to dry out his hair some. It wasn’t any more effective as his earlier attempts had been, and that pulled a chuckled out of me.

He seemed to notice my presence for the very first time, as he looked up with bright, wide eyes, which immediately dimmed after seeing that I was merely a ‘human’. Obviously, I had assumed he was an alien of ‘some sort’ (since he looked perfectly normal), because humans do not fall out of the sky.

He blinked repetitively for another moment—and I began thinking he had some kind of eye problem or something—before narrowing his eyes, as if in deep thought. He didn’t seem to plan on acknowledging my existence for a while, so I took the moment to look him up and down, shamelessly.

Neck-length, somewhat puffy bed hair, pale skin, defined collarbone, toned chest and abdomen under the drying-but-not-quite dress shirt, triple belts around his waist over the white material, baggy back sweat pants, and traditional flats. He dressed weirdly, I concluded.

He still looked good, though, odd fashion sense or not.

I was suddenly pulled out of my ministrations by a deep yet soft voice. It wasn’t even that low, and it took me a moment to realise he was speaking to me—he as in the alien. I do not speak to aliens, thank you. I listened nonetheless and fully planned on nodding, shaking my head, or shrugging my shoulders.

“This doesn’t look like Paris. Where am I?”

Now that stunned me. Paris. Shanghai was not Paris, obviously. My previous plans have just been thrown out of the window, just like that.

“This is Shanghai, dimwit. Paris is on the other side of the world.”

He eyed me oddly before an amused and so very not mocking smirk crossed his lips. I raised a brow in confusion, because I was sure there was nothing for him to be amused about in my statement, unless he was the kind to laugh at his own failures.

“There’s nothing on the other side of the world, boy. A couple of deserted planets here and there, resources drained, and that’s all. Why do you think I’m here?” he asked.

It was now my turn to blink, and I took full advantage of it, doing nothing but that for a quite a while as he stared at me. I was now convinced, one hundred percent convinced, that he was from outer space.

Evidently, he was here for a new place to live, somewhere nice, with green and blue and white and brown. But boy, he wasn’t planning on taking over the world, now was he?

He sighed and mumbled something along the lines of “Oh, humans…” that I couldn’t really catch. He shook his head and, with a smiled, said, “Anyway, I’m Cello. Please to meet you, Wei Lin.”

I had no idea how he knew my name.

2013—Paris

“River, Chime calling. River, are you there?”

Life if France, Paris, was still the same in most parts of the city. The bustling business of wine and patisserie stores was the same. The shopping district was as lively and filled as always by both men and women, oblivious to the catastrophe soon to come. After all, Valentines’ Day was coming soon.

“River, Cello has landed. In China, it seems."

"I understand. Delay our plans for a few more days, Batou.”

There was a silence, before the previous voice spoke again. “He mustn’t take too long. Let him know of our location, Chime. No mishap is tolerated.”

2013—Shanghai

“Thank you for the meal, Ms. Cheng!” Cello called, clapping his hands together and standing to bring his bowl and chopsticks to the sink. The middle-aged woman gave him a warm smile from her seat by the heaters. At this time of the year, Shanghai was still quite cold—very cold, actually.

The sound of water running was heard in the background and she sighed happily as she resumed her knitting. Her youngest daughter will be coming home from her school trip any time soon now, and she wanted to welcome her back with a warm, fluffy scarf.

Her eldest son, Wei Lin, was all grown up, too. He had brought home a boy, and she knew, as an open-minded woman and loving mother, that her son was gay. And she accepted that, too, unlike his father, who had left them for that sole reason. And no matter how much Wei Lin would deny it, she believed they were they were the ones for each other.

‘Because they’re cute,’ was her reason.

----------------------------------------------

Whoa, a lot shorter than it seemed. Ah well. Oh, and I should probably mention, this story will contain Future/Present, or more like Present/Past, shifting. In the story, 2013 is technically the past. That's why I find this hard to write. I don't know how to continue xD

...I hope this was okay...

• Like 2

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justme

• Rohee

• Ueneah

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I'm glad you changed your mind and you decided to share it. :D I love it so far, I can't wait for the continuation. *_*

• Like 1

• 3 months later...