Late from work (edited)

Mors

Summary: The story of an every day couple, a simple but moving story about love and understanding

i am sorry for posting it again but i had the story edited with lots of help

if you like it please tell me why

thanks

Late from work

The clouds were looming, casting shadows everywhere and rain poured like tears streaming from sorrowful eyes. The wind whistled and branches swayed along with it's invisible dance, mirroring the life that now hid from rain's cold embrace.

Rain water had made the window glass blurry but still I looked through it, a silent gesture to sate my worry, even for a little bit. Matt had finished his work a few minutes ago and I wonder what was taking him so long to get home. No matter the weather; be it tornadoes, rain, hail, or shine, in the three years that we have been living together, he always came home on time, never late. I knew that I shouldn't worry, but I could not help but be concerned about his well being. I did love him, after all the hardships that we have gone through.

My father have not approved of us being together. Still didn't. He continually told me that two men should not be together, sometimes his anger would turn to violence and he would harm me physically. Matt had been my refuge and anchor on those painful days.

I shook my head, inwardly slapping myself for thinking the past. Time was precious and I needed to concentrate on thinking about other things; like what our dinner would be, the effort Matt always gave made a small smile blossom on my face. He was the one who worked, cleaned and cooked. He's even the one who goes shopping for the both of us. At that thought, despair silently crawled through me. I was useless...and maybe he had left me. My eyes began to water, logic being replaced by fear with an overwhelming dose of despair.

The door opened and in came Matt, with the addition of several bags. And in my fear I threw caution to the wind, jumping him and clinging ever so tightly against his bigger frame. "You're late. Where were you?" I stated shakily, burying my face in the fabric of his coat. "I missed you. I was so worried." I continued, suddenly realizing that I was acting so childishly. I pulled away from him, flushing brightly in embarrassment before I dropped my gaze to the floor. "Forget it. I know it's none of my business." I mumbled silently, turning and running back to my...no, our room, Matt uttering the only words that could stop me.

"No, you're right. I'm sorry. I should have called to tell you that I was going to be late." He said as relief slowly flooded me. Hope and happiness lighting my face, I slowly turned it towards him.

"Really?" Was my query.

"Yeah." Matt replied as he continued. "After all, you probably thought that I was running away. I mean, you're so dumb I bet you were almost in tears." He laughed then, probably thinking that what he said was a funny jest.

I began to hit him, again and again, my small hands just bouncing off of him. "You meany! How could you say that meaaannny!" I shouted continuously.

Shrugging me off with barely a glance, he continued past me as if I was nothing but leaves in the breeze. "Shut up. You know I keep you around for a reason. Who else can I get to annoy me when I'm bored, hmm?" He stated in a voice lacing with boredom.

"Matt don't leave me here! You promised me last week that you'd be nice more often!" I said, blatantly ignoring what he just said.

I heard him sigh just before he turned and silenced me with what I have silently wanted. A kiss. The feel of his strong lips against my soft ones immediately calmed me down, just as I slowly relaxed myself against his arms. I closed my eyes and took a few seconds to enjoy our kiss before I pulled back, opening my eyes and a smile grazing my lips. "Welcome home, love." Was my simple statement.

"Good to be back." Was his equally simple reply. "Oh, and the reason that I was late was because I wanted to get you an anniversary present." Were his words just before he gave me the cutest stuffed tiger I have ever seen.

"I love it." I stated, grabbing and holding it close to me. "I love you." Were the words I gave as an after thought. And he gave me in return my most favorite words.

"I love you too." And the best thing was; it was true.

The End

A Short Story

By Clove1

with lots of help from KyAzrel

• Like 4

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mors

• shirotsuki

• almack600

• Zaney

I like this one, better than the non edited version.

It feels just like a novel, I enjoyed reading it.

If i could have someone like Matt too...^^

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i really like the story! *__*

it made me worry, smile, laugh!

i like it when i can feel different emotions! :D

also... i could feel their love! ;D

great job! ^_^

• Like 1

hello everyone

i had my username changed and i can not edit the post for some reason so i just want you to know that yes i did write it