{ARTSY!} mangotango's non-yaoi blends

mangotango

Oh gosh, it's been years since I did any graphics (other than sig images and avatars). I used to make a lot of these "back in the day", but I just got so busy with real life stuff that I fell behind with my computer graphics.

I never had Photoshop (still don't) so these probably aren't as great as most things, but they make me happy and I guess that's what counts! I just stumbled upon some of my older ones, so I might periodically post them as I find them. I just find images and blend them together, then add effects and/or text. At the time, these were just "blends" and there used to be a lot of competitions, etc. with different themes or required images. I'm not sure I have any of my competition ones anymore (that was at least two computers ago haha!) but I'll see what I can find.

The first one I'm listing is one I made recently.

Anywho, this is mostly just a fun thing I do every now and then. ^-^

p.s- I hope these look ok on other computers/browsers. *___* Most are .png for color/texture effects to show up as close to the original versions as possible, so I apologize if they take awhile to show up.

Also, most of the textures were not made by me. I found them at graphics resource sites, so credit for those and/or brushes go to those sites. Stock images were also found by searching Google and the like, including stock photography (unless stated that the photo or scan was by me).

mtblendsai1.png

featuring Sanzo from Saiyuki & lyrics from Radiohead's "Pyramid Song"

• Like 6

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mangotango

• tuti

• ~Mitsukuni~

• Chibi-Seme Chidori

I found a couple more... I think these were early examples but I can't remember for sure ;-;

mtblendsc1.gif

Samurai Champloo & lyrics from "Re-hash" by the Gorillaz

mtblendflcl1.png

FLCL

• Like 5

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

wow they are all really good!! i love the 2nd one, i think it's amazing~~

you're so talented *___*

• Like 2

Hey thank you! I really hesitated to post any of these, because I wasn't sure, but thank you for your comment/support :3

Here are a few that aren't anime/manga related. These are fairly old... just found them last night.

mtblendxfiles1.png

Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny (X-Files)

mtblendactorbloom1.jpg

Orlando Bloom & lyrics by Wilco

mtblendstock1.jpg

Stock blend w/ original text by me

Oh, and another anime/manga one (I find I can't help but blend Kazuya Minekura images... they're just so gorgeous and lend themselves so well to textures and colorizing effects *____*)

mtblendwa1.png

Wild Adapter

• Like 3

You're welcome dear ^_^ and dont hesitate to post them, i honestly think these are amazing and worth showing to YO.

whaaaaa! omg the thrid one is so cool!! 8D

*___* and i agree with you about the last one, the colours and textures really suits the guys so well!

• Like 2

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! ^____^

Are you talking about the Wild Adapter one? I made it on Tuesday while I was trying to decide what to do, haha ^^; It's just two images (one of Kubota and one of Tokito) and a textured background. The liquid/water effects were already part of the original images, which worked out really well with the whole "feel" of it. Um, if you weren't talking about the WA one, then um... just let me know if you want to know about the one you like! And thanks again!

:hamtaro-005 (5):

• Like 1

Thank you! Yes, I love Wild Adapter, too! Pretty much any Kazuya Minekura series, haha! I just love the art and characters so much. ^___^ It's one of my favorite mangas, too!

Here's another... actually, by request ^^ And even though the thread is for my non-yaoi blends, this is infact my only yaoi-ish blend ever, so I thought it might be okay to still post it here. My domain's been having problems lately, so it may show up inconsistently (I think because it's the first month of the year, the company that hosts the site goes through some sort of technical "cleaning" or something? I have no clue) xD

Oh and this was requested by

(I forgot to mention that earlier) xD *waves*

0987123.png

Ai no Kusabi feat. lyrics from Fiona Apple's "Criminal"

• Like 1

Yeah the picture was gone from my signature T.T but oh how I love it :D

Just sent you a message about that haha! I think probably if you can save it to your computer and upload it to an image host site, it might work better in case the domain does it's wacky thing again ;-;

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaannnnd... more (I feel like I'm spamming my own art threads... is that a real thing?) xD

I seriously need to stop blending Minekura's lovely art... but... I just like working with it so much!

:hamtaro-005 (5):

mtblendsai2.gif

Sanzo... (oh and hi Hakkai's head!) AGAIN because I have so much Sanzo (and Minekura) love. *___*

Text from one of my poems... not sure if it's a good/bad thing at this point.

Also, I find photos are often too beautiful to mess with, because I found the following of Johnny Depp to be a bit difficult (the original photos were just great as they were) but I'm happy with the color scheme.

mtblendactordepp1.jpg

&

Thanks my dears! ^^

• Like 1