Ethan, Who Loved Carter - by Ryan Loveless [English]

snowbear

15833525.jpg

Title: Ethan, Who Loved Carter

Author: Ryan Loveless

Genre: M/M Romance, Novel, Contemporary Romance

Year: 2012

Plot:

By twenty-four, Carter Stevenson has stuttered and ticced his way to debilitating shyness. Although his friends accuse him of letting his Tourette's dictate his life, Carter moves from Los Angeles to a quiet California town. He'll keep his head down and avoid people. He doesn't anticipate his new neighbor, Ethan Hart, crashing into his solitude and forcing him to get out and live.

From the beginning, Ethan makes his love for Carter clear. But he fears Carter won't see past Ethan's damaged brain, even though it makes Ethan more attuned to his emotions than most people. For Carter, there's a bigger issue: he's been burned by so-called "perfect" matches, and he won't risk his heart again.

One way or another, Ethan's determined to show Carter they belong together. Then Ethan receives tragic news. Suddenly he must turn to Carter for strength and support. Will Carter come through when Ethan needs him most?

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snowbear

• MlleHolmes

• princess_mia

• amisis

• 5 months later...

I am hopelessly in love with Ethan and Carter. I want to eat them both with a spoon. The cover, title and blurb sucked me in so fast, right there in the sweet spot....

I am hopelessly in love with Ethan and Carter. I want to eat them both with a spoon. The cover, title and blurb sucked me in so fast, right there in the sweet spot....

same here :D

• 7 months later...

This is the kind of story that makes me feel like life has sped up so fast and in the never-ending quest to keep on top of things we've lost sight of really important things.

Ethan suffered a traumatic brain injury and was significantly impacted as a result. He's an amazing character. I spent half the story wishing I knew him and the other half wanting to cry. But, things happen to all of us and it is important to live for now and forward--not backwards.

Carter has Tourette's Syndrome and deals with the alienation of its symptoms on a daily basis. Mostly, its just easier not to interact. His frustration was palpable. And I'd be anxious mess in his place.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ethan is a sweet, sweet character, and I love that Carter loves him for what he is and what he has to offer. Ethan has overcome so much and has such a good heart that it brought me to tears at times.

• 2 months later...