do you feel any guilty when you read or watch Yaoi?

Chaicha

ok, this is what my friend (the one who I tell about my love for Yaoi) ask me last night, "are you feel horny when you read your collection?" :cuteonion50:

and my answer was no, because everytime I see Yaoi, I just feel happy and just like another fansgirl I will scream kyaaa kyaaa :cuteonion41: and onion0 or my heart will pounding so fast, but not to the point I feel "that"

and she look like she didn't believe in me (yes, I know her so well, so I can tell when she look like that) then she ask me again "do you ever feel any guilty when you see it?" :cuteonion37:

Damn!! I hate when someone ask me about guilt, coz for me Yaoi is a guilty pleasure, so yes I feel kinda little guilty sometime.... but, so what?! for me Yaoi give me pure bliss and less guilt onion9

so please help me, are feeling guilty sometime is fine? or am I freak to feel any guilty about it?? :8onion5:

• Like 3

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amayakaida

• Chaicha

• lisa

• erikavendetta

Well, liking yaoi while being a girl is still considered weird by people who don't like it or don't see the appeal of it :cuteonion50:

To answer your question: I generally don't feel quilty unless my sister starts nagging about it again and asks me why on earth I like it :cuteonion51:

Or when people on the train take a look at the cover and look at me weirdly :cuteonion53:

But we're entitled to like what we like ^^ We just happen to like reading/watching two boys together :cuteonion48: Nothing wrong with that ^^

• Like 1

my answer is simply no....

i mean... why would i feel guilty? ,,,, i am not hurting someone when i spend my time in the yaoi world... ^o^

is it weird?? why would it be O_O

people who roll their eyes because of your hobby .... who knows they probably have a Really weird (bad) hobby >_

but again i prefer to keep my yaoi love as a secret ... cause it's impossible to talk to narrow minded people ... and i feel like i have my own world when i keep it as a secret XD

• Like 2

I don't feel guilty for reading or watching yaoi. I don't think I do something wrong to feel ashamed or guilty. For me yaoi is a mode of relaxation, I find more about love and about relationships between people. I think love is a pure sentiment that connect two people together, no matter the genre.

• Like 1

No I dont feel any guilt,how could I? Its conected with your personality ,sexuality and what not .You just cant help it and you dont have to!This is so normal and its related to everything else but not guilt...

• Like 1

well,, sometimes i feel guilty because,, for other people it is bad,, and it's against religious beliefs...

HOWEVER,, sometimes,, i see and realize that why would i be guilty if i'm not hurting anybody??

it's just watching or reading yaoi? there's no harm done.. XD

still, no matter how other people see me and even if the world goes upside down.. i love yaoi.. XD

• Like 1

I see I see

yeah, as long as I didn't hurt anybody I think it's fine to like Yaoi

well,, sometimes i feel guilty because,, for other people it is bad,, and it's against religious beliefs...

true! the guilty I felt more about a religion thing. I keep think about it, maybe the thing that I feel are not "guilty'' it more like "am I a weird person to love yaoi?".....

people who roll their eyes because of your hobby .... who knows they probably have a Really weird (bad) hobby >_

but again i prefer to keep my yaoi love as a secret ... cause it's impossible to talk to narrow minded people ... and i feel like i have my own world when i keep it as a secret XD

The thing that make me hurt, and feel awkward+strange are when someone (especially my best friend) see me in the different ways,,,,

yeah, maybe you are right, I shouldn't tell anybody about my secret

• Like 1

From dibzo15:

Your religious beliefs and not mine. My religion has nothing against homosexuality or the rest of the LGBT+ community. Some religions claim it goes against that religion, but -- chances are -- it isn't stated explicitly or the quote is taken way out of context and/or the people forget to realize that the book was written 2,000+ years ago and was based in a society that condoned rape of children, slavery, etc. (Assuming you're talking about Judeo-Christian religions. Though other older religions also have writings from a time when it was OK to do things that people wouldn't normally condone now.) I have nothing against the religions. I just have issues with some of the fundamentalists who choose and pick what they're going to believe and pull things out of context without considering the society in which the quotes were written.

So...

No, I don't feel guilty about like or reading yaoi. If I did, I would have to feel guilty about my sexual orientation and I'm not. I can't see why I should feel guilty about liking something involving homosexual relationships.

It is a normal part of the human condition. People don't choose what they like to watch or read, people don't choose their sexual orientation, etc. It just happens and it's perfectly acceptable. If someone tries to make you feel guilty over it, then you need to tell that person that they need to take a hard look at themselves and that they need to ask themselves why they feel it is a bad thing and why they can't let someone else be happy.

• Like 2

Okay, honestly, I feel guilty everyday. I always keep my collections and interest secret from everyone, my friends and also my family. I always feel like I should end this but I know I can't because it's so hard!!! I mean, I have loved yaoi for 5 years! This is what I called, my 'hobby'!

Besides, my family has suspected me reading and watching something 'bad' and sometimes they will ask me certain things out of the blue to see if my facial expression and body language changed...

• Like 1

Of course i feel guilty because it's not a common hobby and against my beliefs. but somehow i just though why would i stop reading it when it didn't make other people bother or hurts.. that's why i'll keep reading it^^

• Like 1

Homosexuality is not a sin.I've studied the Bible for YEARS. And guess what. We do not follow the old convenant [old testament] and for the new covenant... Jesus said NOTHING about homosexuality. Plus the homosexuality that was used to condemn acts were applied to straight people only. Nothing said about people who were born gay. Trust me, people are BORN gay. Period. It is not due to genetics. It is due to reincarnation. It may sound silly to you but life is a circle- a cycle, and it will repeat itself. I do not believe the Bible to be a reliable source because it has plagerized from mythology which is even more accurate than the Bible itself. I could go all night about it.

God, I hate religions. [bleep][bleep]. I still STILL study them because it is so fascinating how people are so stuck into the human paradigm.

Bottom line is it is absolutely absurd to consider homosexuality a sin, especially there's are far much worse 'sins' than this one. I don't even believe in the good and evil concept. Souls are made to manifest- the way? Light and Love /Forgiveness. Homosexuals actually promoted that spiritual growth and cannot be stopped!!!!! Be proud of it. You are the supporter of the Light.

@sloanAkira

thats quite brutal homo is a personal preference. true religion aint like that now people jus claim that they have religion but they dont have any faith. Now religion is not first priority. But you do have a point rather than what you say its more about your action.

I dont feel guilty im just reading it as my breather and its not like im a lesbianonion4 and im not against homo! Afterall I read yaoi.

• 2 weeks later...

every time .

maybe it's because of my religion .

it's not like really choose this religion or I'm religionist .

it's just when i purposely want to ignore my religion it turns to that feeling of guilt .

i don't think it's just because yoai .

but i just never taught to think otherwise .

I do not feel guilty at all. My interests and such are not hurting anyone or causing other people pain, so there is no need for me to feel guilt.

Nahh that's like saying you should feel bad for still watching cartoon network as an adult xD I could care less what other people felt about it as long as I'm happy with my hobby lol

• 1 month later...

Sometimes, because deep in my mind I know this is a taboo. Men don't love men, they do love women. BUT... i'm in war with my conscience and I always prevail, no matter how wrong this is. As long as they are in love then that's the deal.

No...I don't really feel guilty, When I'm like in public and I swing out my ipod and start reading yaoi, I try to make sure no one gets interested and peeks over my shoulder. And someone DID once, and it wasn't on the "best" page. I didn't feel guilty but I did feel embarrassed. :hamtaro-005 (5):

Guest 1Honey

good question: NEVER

what i feel is excitement, moe, and somtimes I get aroused that I already need my husband (beg pardon) :)