Anyone Wants to Learn Persian ?! :)

kimi_kim

I'm not supposed to boast , as u probably know there R perfect Iranian poets like : Rumi , Hafiz & Saadi with their perfect poems ^^

Persian is a little hard but you can learn it if you're really interested in the literature , n u enjoy the poems !!!

It'd be my pleasure to help you :cuteonion9::leaf4::leaf12: :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimi_kim

• Onlymeneko

Hey, I'm interested!

Could you teach me?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I'm interested!

Could you teach me?

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

BTW , Sorry for the late reply , I'd an exam , but no need to worry , cuz I've just graduated :cuteonion45::8onion74:

I think it'd be better if u learn the letters at first ^^

Hm... Persian needs a bit more effort cuz it's a little different from other languages , you should practice a lot and never give up n after a while you'll get the result :)

Then first you should know some basic points of it :

1) Persian / Farsi (it's the Persian word of this lang.) is written & read FROM RIGHT TO LEFT

2) It consists 32 letters , some of them have small & capital form (same as A&a in Eng.) while some have only 1 form

3) As you know , we have some vowels in Eng. : A , O , U , I , E ; but in Persian there are no letters considered as vowels but , instead we put some symbols ( sounds ) ON or UNDER THE WORDS (in fact on / under each letter you wanna pronounce ) to make them readable .

There are 6 main sounds as vowels , 3 of them are short vowels , & the 3 other are long vowels . NOTICE that they're NOT LETTERS , but just for pronouncing words (native Persian(Iranian) people don't write the sounds after finishing the 1st grade of elementary school , but s.times they may write the sounds for some difficult words) .

Now , I'll teach you the short vowels for today ^^ :

a_1.gif do you see the symbol written ON THE "A" LETTER ? as you see it must be written ON the letter , it sounds as /æ/ in dad , bad , mad ... etc.

e_1.gif this one , as you see , sits UNDER a letter , & it sounds as /e/ in pet , set , vet .... etc.

o_1.gif & the last one , with a circle on the head , sits ON a letter , and it sounds as /o/ in border , for , nor .... etc.

ب : big letter "B" in Persian

بَ : is /bæ/ as in Battery , Bath ... etc.

بِ : is /be/ as in Bed

بُ : is /bo/ as in Border

بـ : small letter "b" in Persian

same as above , we have : بـُ & بـِ & بـَ which has the same pronunciation as بُ & بِ & بَ

& the last point for this lesson maybe the most important one you should know :

Big letters come at the end of the words and may stand either attached or separated from other letters (they are separable), while the small letters come at the beginning or in the middle of the words and are attached to some other letters (they are inseparable). There is only one exception that will be explained later.

Hope you enjoy it !!! Ask me if you have any questions !!!

:cuteonion53:foxy1

hm.... not totally ... I think you should listen to some letters for accurate pronunciation .

like the letter " ژ " has the same pronunciation as the letter "J" in "bonjour" in French

and the letter "خ" has the same pronunciation as the "huì" in Chinese

I think you'd better listen to " ع & خ & ق & غ & ژ "

these videos might help you :

n also these for how to write :

[video=youtube;3J7JNO-E1vQ]

Ask me if u had any questions !! :cuteonion53: