Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Position
    Seke
    Credits
    smolcat Inventory

Re: A New Life, New Adjustments, New Lessons (Pigeon + Smolcat)

Alaric watched as Nox tested each dish to make sure nothing was poisoned. It was still hard for Alaric to wrap his head around the idea that he could be killed by anyone at any time. When he was out hunting he was used to that kind of danger--knowing that he could be killed by a wild bear or other animals and creatures. But this was different and... strange. Being killed by an angry animal you were hunting or getting too close to was different than being assassinated.

"Thanks," he said. "It all looks wonderful though, so no worries." He began to eat the meal that was provided of him, glancing around the extravagant dining room. Even though it was still so much bigger than he was used to, decorated with such expensive furniture and paintings and unimportant things, it was still... empty. In a sense. Alaric was used to eating alone, but... he felt a room like this should have more people in it.

Alaric liked being alone... but it was still strange.

"Are the king and queen--er, I mean, my parents--not going to have supper?" he asked, taking another bite and looking at Nox.

Ultimate Yaoi Expert Kotorichan's Avatar
    Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Kotorichan Inventory
    Ren Amamiya Aki & Tomoharu Clear Killua

"The king and queen..." Nox hesitated for a moment. Unsure of how best to explain the situation. Finally he just decided to be honest, not wanting to lose the boy's trust. "They are your parents, but it will be best if you do not think of them that way. They created you as their heir, and sent you away to keep you safe from assassins. But they are consumed by the duties of their positions." He bowed his head slightly. "They are wonderful rulers, not parents."

"You will most likely not meet them until tomorrow, when your father will announce your existence to the world. After that you will only see them during formal events."

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    smolcat Inventory

Alaric was quiet for a moment, continuing to eat his meal in silence as Nox tried to explain the situation as delicately as he could. Even when explaining, Alaric could tell he was trying to justify their actions, show why, as rulers, they behaved the way they did. They were simply too consumed with more important things to really act as good parents.

"Oh, I see," the boy said softly. He was used to not having parents... all his life he'd thought they had died and he was an orphan. But now... well, he was well aware that they had just sent him away instead. One story was of neglect and abandonment for the sake of the kingdom's heir. The other was a tale of death and misfortune. Alaric wasn't sure which version was less painful to believe. "Well, that's fine," he finally said.

It hurt a little to know he had parents who were alive and well, but would chose not to see him aside from special occasions, but... he was used to solitude. If I'm their son, though... shouldn't they want to see me? Don't they have any free time at all, even to say, 'hey! How ya doing?'? I mean, I've been away from them practically my whole life. Do I even mean anything to them? Wouldn't normal parents miss their child, and make it their first priority to see him again as soon as they get the chance? When Nox told him it was best to think of them not as parents, but as rulers, it wouldn't be a hard thing for Alaric to do. He was always used to seeing them as rulers, anyway. And if they were going to hardly acknowledged his existence, even while living with them...

The prince wasn't sure if he wanted to consider them family, anyway.

I guess being good rulers is more important than family to them, he thought. And I guess that's okay. I'm used to not having parents, anyway... He finished his meal without another word, before getting up from his seat. "Thank you for the meal, my compliments to the chef," he said with a soft smile. "It was the most delicious thing I've ever had." He stood upright and looked away awkwardly. "So... um... I guess the bonding thing is next, huh?" he asked quietly, not wanting to have to do it, but knowing he had no choice...

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Kotorichan Inventory

"I apologize for being so blunt with the matter your highness. I do not want to cause you any pain by being dishonest." Nox kept his head lowered, worried that his master might be upset by the reveal.

He straightened up again, putting on a gentle smile. "I am glad that you enjoyed it. I hope that we can discover which kinds of food you enjoy the most." It wasn't difficult for him to see the boy's discomfort. But he couldn't put it off. He was too worried about someone hurting the prince. "Yes, it will be a short process. Please do not worry." He offered his hand to Alaric. "Please come with me your highness."

He led the boy out to the garden, thinking that it would be the most peaceful spot. The demon wanted to make the procedure as easy as possible for his master. Although he knew that it would be stressful no matter what.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    smolcat Inventory

Alaric shrugged, not wanting Nox to be too worried about sharing the truth. He was happy that at least the man wouldn't lie to him. Even if it hurt, being blunt was better than keeping the truth hidden away... at least, that's how Alaric felt...

Looking over to Nox as he got up and offered his hand to the young man, Alaric nodded a little and slipped his hand into Nox's before rising to his feet. "I appreciate your honesty, Nox," he said. If there was one person he was going to be able to trust, it would be Nox. Even if they were practically strangers right now... the white-haired male was easy enough to get along with. When he wasn't insisting on silly rules, that was...

Alaric followed Nox into the garden, somewhat quiet as he did. Why was he taking him to the garden? Was it related to the procedure? Alaric's eyes trailed over the place, somewhat lost in the beauty of the vicinity as Nox eventually stopped walking. He pulled his attention back to his servant, watching him carefully. He wasn't sure how this ritual went, but he was worried about what to do once it was done. Nox would be in pain, wouldn't he? Wouldn't it perhaps be better if there was a nurse nearby or something to help him if he needed it? Alaric wasn't sure how much it would affect his new servant, but he couldn't deny he was slightly worried for his sake.

"So... how is the bonding, um... done?" he asked. "I need to give you some of my blood, right? Do you have a knife with you? I left mine in my room..." the boy said awkwardly, his voice somewhat quiet.

(sorry for the wait!! >.<)

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Kotorichan Inventory

"Please sit your highness..." Nox spoke gently as he helped the boy sit on a stone bench. "I will take care of everything... Please just stay there for a few minutes. Do not leave to get someone, and do not push me away. I promise I will be fine. It is not as painful as it may appear."

He knelt before the prince, lightly pushing his sleeve up. "I will be using my teeth to draw the blood..." His eyes closed slowly as he chanted an ancient spell in a long forgotten language. The demon's body began to glow softly as he spoke, the air around him being electric. Finally he leaned in and sunk his teeth into the prince's wrist, drawing a few droplets of blood.

Due to the spell it only felt like a pin prick for Alaric. But as soon as the blood touched Nox's tongue his body convulsed in pain. The demon took deep breathes in an attempt to stay calm, but he could barely control the way his body jerked in agony. His eyes rolled back in his head, his body twisting in unnatural ways. The whole time he didn't make a sound and kept a firm, yet gentle grip on his master's hand.

((It's fine! I've been pretty busy anyway))

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    smolcat Inventory

Alaric nodded slightly, allowing Nox to press him gently down onto a stone bench. He was silent, but agreed to Nox's terms. Still, he was worried. It's not as painful as it appears. Don't run to get anyone, and don't push him away. Just stay put for a couple of minutes. I can do that, can't I? he asked himself mentally, allowing Nox to take his arm and pull up his sleeve to reveal his wrist.

The boy's eyes widened ever so slightly when Nox revealed he'd be using his teeth rather than a knife or some sort of instrument. His teeth? Does he have fangs or something? the boy asked himself, quite curious. There certainly seemed to be more to Nox than what met the eye...

Nox began to speak in an unknown language, and a soft glow enveloped his body as he cast a spell of some sort. It was older than the language Alaric knew, but the boy was familiar enough with magic to know he was casting a spell. And so, the boy wasn't alarmed when the air around the two grew electric, and the boy didn't even flinch when Nox then bit into his wrist and drew a few drops of his blood. And then, the effects took place.

Alaric's eyes widened slightly as Nox began to convulse, his body shaking and jerking violently in pain, and the prince froze on the spot. He didn't know what to do--he wanted to do something, but knew he had to keep put. He didn't try to let go of Nox's hand, he didn't try to place a hand on his servant or do anything to calm him, knowing it could possibly make things worse. He stayed still just as Nox had instructed him to, though his free hand covered his mouth as he tried to keep himself from doing anything he shouldn't.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Kotorichan Inventory

Finally Nox's body relaxed. His eyes closed for a moment as he took a slow breath. "I... I apologize your highness... There is no need to worry. I am perfectly alright." He opened his eyes again, smiling gently. "However... I am deeply flattered that you would worry so much about my safety."

He leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to the prince's hand. "Perhaps we should do something to help you relax your highness?" He rose to his feet, keeping Alaric's hand in his own to help the boy up.

The demon was doing his best to hide his trembling from the pain that still pounded in his skull. Honestly he just wanted to lay down and sleep for a few hours, or perhaps days. But he still had a duty to take care of his master.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    smolcat Inventory

Alaric was silent. He knew very well that Nox was, in fact, not okay. But what could he do? Someone like him... Alaric could tell he was going to be stubborn. Even if he insisted, there would be no way Alaric could make him go to the infirmary or somewhere to relax after what had happened. Even though Nox was flattered that his master cared so much... he knew it wouldn't really change anything.

"Er, yeah..." he mumbled softly, looking away awkwardly when his butler had kissed his hands. His cheeks were tinted with the lightest shade of pink, flustered as he was. What was he supposed to do? Was he not relaxed? Perhaps... but it wasn't like the prince was ever relaxed, exactly. There was always something bothering him, always something keeping him on edge, or emotionally distressed. At this point he figured it was just a part of his personality and not something that could be fixed.

Still, Alaric stood to his feet, allowing Nox to guide him up.

"Perhaps... could you take me to a library?" he inquired. "I mean, surely a palace like this has one..." He could read and Nox could rest. Libraries were quiet, which would be peaceful for his servant, and Alaric liked to read, anyway. He could read for hours and hours and hours... Right now, if Nox was going to be stubborn, it seemed like the best option. The boy looked up at Nox somewhat, trying his best to hide the concern in his face.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Kotorichan Inventory

"Of course your highness." Nox bowed his head, releasing the boy's hand. "Please follow me." He began to walk back inside, wobbling slightly as he went. He refused to allow himself to give in to the pain and brought Alaric to a huge library.

The demon bowed again as he held the door for his master. "Here we are, please tell me if there's anything that you would like me to get for you. The library was three stories tall, with floor to ceiling shelves on each wall and a luxurious sitting area in the center.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles