A New Life, New Adjustments, New Lessons (Pigeon + Smolcat)

smolcat

Paige was silent on the trip to the palace. No, not Paige... Alaric... Alaric Lance Whelan II... The name--title, rather--was odd and sounded weird. Not at all fitting for someone like him, the boy believed. He liked Paige much more. It was the name he grew up knowing, it was the one he was using to being called and it was... plain... and simple. Just like him.

Still, Paige--ahem, Alaric--found the whole ordeal hard to believe. None of it made sense to him. He was just a nobody--a simple commoner, raised like a commoner, living like a commoner... just like anyone else. He wasn't even sure what he thought of the royal family, but any thoughts that started to swarm in his mind weren't particularly pleasant. This all felt like a dream. None of this seemed real.

And it was hard for him to grasp.

Alaric Lance Whelan II. That was his name. His actual name? He was a prince? The title still sounded strange and foreign to him, even within the corners of his own mind he didn't like the sound of it. If he was a prince, supposedly, why was he raised like a normal civilian in the kingdom? Why was he not allowed to be raised like a prince? Why was he only just now being informed of his status? The king and queen were his parents?

He didn't like any of it. Not one bit. He knew he should have been happy. It was truly shocking when he had been informed of his heritage. But he wasn't even sure if he believed it yet, still quite in a daze at it all. Already he wanted to run away. He didn't want any of this. He didn't ask for any of this...

The boy had his head leaned against the glass pane of the window in the carriage. His head rattled against it slightly as the carriage shook as it carried along the bumps in the road. He stared dejectedly outside the window, gazing at the landscape as they passed it by. "How am I even supposed to act?" he mumbled to himself. "I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel about this..." he grew silent, quickly coming to dread the upcoming moments as the castle came into view. The carriage slowed to a stop and the young man sighed, mumbling things to himself as he reached for the handle of the door but it was instead opened by someone else.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• smolcat

Nox had spent the past few days preparing for the new prince's arrival. The palace had to be perfect, every servant had to be on their best behavior, the perfect meal had to be planned. He wanted the boy to have a good impression of his new home, his rightful home. It would no doubt be stressful for the prince, probably overwhelming too. So it was Nox's duty to help the boy adjust as quickly and painlessly as possible.

A servant came running up to Nox to tell him that the prince's carriage was arriving so Nox rushed outside to greet his new master. He smoothed down his hair and clothes as the carriage came to a stop. He took a deep breath and opened the door, lowering his head in a deep bow.

"Welcome home your highness." He straightened up after a moment, a calm smile on his lips. "We have been anxiously awaiting your return." He offered a gloved hand to help the prince out. "Please watch your step your highness."

He took in the appearance of his new master, noting the boy's clothing and posture. Eventually Nox would have to teach the prince proper etiquette. But for now he needed to help the prince settle in.

(ooc: sorry for the wait! My computer wanted to update last night and it took way longer than I thought it would, and then I fell asleep on accident ;-; )

Alaric froze when he saw the butler open the door for him, greeting him kindly and welcoming him graciously to his new home. The boy grew awkward for but a moment, unsure of how to respond or what to do. It would be rude to decline the offer of his hand, wouldn't it be? Even though he really didn't need help. Regardless, Alaric would take the butler's hand and step out of the carriage. "Er, thank you," he said quietly. "You can call me Paige--er, I mean, Alaric..." he added. Being called "your highness" was really weird to him.

He certainly wasn't used to it.

Alaric retrieved his hand from the other man, awkwardly scratching his cheek as he looked away and scanned the area. He wanted to take in every detail that he could. Really, this place was magnificent. And strange. And all so... new. Especially to the young man clad in a common tunic, a somewhat tattered cloak hanging on his shoulders, and his platinum blonde hair was somewhat unkempt. A leather belt was around his waist, with a sheathed knife hanging from it and resting on his hip. He wore leather boots that went up to his knees, and had dark trousers.

"I appreciate the offer your highness but I must decline. To have a servant calling you by your first name would be bad for your image. I can not allow my actions to do such a thing." Nox kept his head lowered in respect. "Ah, please excuse my rudeness, I nearly forgot to introduce myself. I am Nox Osseus, I will be your tutor, butler, and bodyguard. Please come to me with any questions or requests you might have."

He slowly straightened up, his gaze landing on the boy's clothing. "I mean no offense your highness but I believe that such clothing does not reflect your status. If you would follow me I can show you to your quarters and have bath drawn for you."

He bowed again before turning to climb the palace stairs. He opened the front door and held it for the prince, waiting for his master to enter.

Alaric was quiet when the other man declined very politely. So, it seemed he was going to be firm with politeness and formality. Something, Alaric assumed, he was going to have to get very used to... whether he liked it or not. "Ah, okay," he said quietly in response. The white-haired man then introduced himself, before quickly listing all of the roles he would serve as to the young prince. A tutor, body guard, and a butler? He was the whole package, wasn't he?

Although Alaric believed he could defend himself just fine. He used to be a bit of a hunter in his... not-regal days. "Well, Nox Osseus, it's nice to meet you. I'm--" he paused, deciding there wasn't really a point in giving his name. He already knew his name, most likely. Prince Alaric Lance Whelan II. "Well I guess you already know who I am..." he mumbled softly.

Finally, Nox stood upright, though his gaze still remained on Alaric's clothing. Something the young man knew was going to be an issue. "No offense taken," he said softly. He knew very well that his attire wasn't anything a royal person would wear... Silently and without another word, the young man followed Nox up the stairs and gave a small nod of thanks when he opened the door.

Walking inside, Alaric remained silent still, though he quickly came to a halt, gawking at the interior of the building. He didn't even know where to begin. It was all so... well, frankly he'd never seen anything like it before. Not even in dreams. He would only continue walking again when Nox lead the way, since he would obviously have no idea where to go. Admittedly, he was walking slower than normally. Still trying as he might to walk at a normal pace as well as notice every detail of the castle along the way...

Nox walked just a few paces ahead of the prince, careful not to leave his master behind. It wasn't hard to imagine that the boy was overwhelmed by the grandeur of his new life. "Please take care not to get lost your highness. The palace is very large so it may take you some time to get used to it."

He led Alaric upstairs and to a huge door, stopping for just a moment to tell a servant to start preparing the prince's bath. "This is your bedroom your highness." Nox said as he pushed open the door to reveal an extravagant bedroom. The room was beautiful and as large as a peasant's entire home. It even had an amazing view of the palace grounds as well as the city that lay beyond. "Of course you may decorate it as you see fit. We have prepared some clothing for you but tomorrow you will meet with the royal tailor so that he can make clothing to your measurements."

"Now..." Nox gestured towards a door in the wall. "That is a walk in closet..." He gestured to another. "This is your private toilet." Finally he walked to the last door in the wall and opened it to reveal a huge bathing room. "This is your personal bathing room." The bath was the size of a large pond and made out of carved marble. The room was filled with steam from the hot bath and smelled of flowers. "It seems that your bath is ready, if you would step into the room I can assist you in your bathing."

"That's fine," Alaric said softly when Nox warned him not to get lost, and that it would take him some time to get used to the castle. "Discovering new places is always a fun sort of adventure," he said, more to himself than anyone else.

He followed Nox around the room as he gave a tour just to Alaric's new bedroom alone. He tried not to gawk too much at its enormous size, or how big his closet was. How much clothing did a prince need? He was so used to only having four different outfits and just having to wash them all the time. And the size of his bed, too--it was huge! Five people could probably sleep comfortably on it. And the whole back wall was lined with windows--something Alaric had to admit he liked.

The young man rather enjoyed the beautiful scenic view.

He followed Nox into the bathing room, and his eyes widened at how big it was. "Wow... it's more like a small lake," he jested. He began to take off his cloak when Nox suggested that he could help him in the bath. "Er, well, I don't think that's necessary. I mean, er, I know how to bathe myself and I don't think I'd need help..." His expression suddenly lit up. "But! Perhaps you could put these in a safe place for me? My cloak, and my dagger and my hairpin," he said. "I mean, it'd be a pity if all of my clothing was disposed of, but I guess I can understand since they're not fitting for royalty much and I guess that's what I am now. But those three things--they're very, very important to me. And I'd rather, even if I can't wear my cloak, if it wasn't disposed of. Would that be okay?" he asked, taking off his boots and disrobing. He also took out his hairpin, letting his shaggy platinum locks fall in his face.

"Ah, if you are sure you do not want my assistance..." Nox' brow furrowed slightly in worry. "However if you just call for me I will be by your side within a moment."

He lowered his head in a deep bow as he took the items from his prince. "Of course your highness, I will personally clean and store them. No damage will come to them." He raised his head and left the bathing room, closing the door behind himself so he could give Alaric some privacy.

A soft sigh escaped his lips. This might be difficult... He busied himself carefully cleaning the hairpin, cloak, and dagger. Then put the cloak away in a drawer, carefully folded. He set out the hairpin and dagger on the prince's bed, along with a fully coordinated outfit for him. Once he had finished, the demon told a servant to prepare a meal for the boy and waited just outside the bedroom.

"Thank you," Alaric said after his butler agreed to his conditions and let him be. The young man was a little surprised when Nox was so accommodating to his requests. He was beginning to fear that the other man would be too firm and strict with the normal customs to allow him to keep his things or to bathe alone. But he was genuinely glad when he turned out to be wrong. Those items truly were dear to him, and he truly was awkward around other people while in the nude. Something other guys didn't seem to mind so much, but he did.

He was unsure if it was due to a few of the scars he'd received, or if he just genuinely felt awkward being seen by other people.

Once Nox was gone, Alaric slipped into the water, enjoying its warmth. He used soaps to wash the dirt from his face and body, and washed out his hair with shampoo as well. It'd been a long time since he'd cleaned himself this well, and he'd probably never really had all of these same things, anyway. The water smelled like flowers, which was definitely different. And nice. And all of the soaps and body washes smelled fragrant as well. The boy smirked a little to himself, thinking how he'd probably smell like a garden of fruits and flowers once he was done.

Eventually, once he deemed himself cleaner than he'd ever been before in his life, the young man got out of the bath and took one of the towels, wrapping it around his body after drying his hair. "Hey again," Alaric greeted softly to Nox once he'd finished and left the bathing room.

Nox bowed deeply as the prince entered the room again. "Hello your highness, I hope that you found your bath relaxing." He picked up a pair of clean underwear that he had put on the bed. "May I help you get dressed your highness? A meal is being prepared for you. Once you eat I will bond myself to you, then you will be free to take the rest of the day to yourself."

The process of 'bonding' was extremely rare and could only be done by those with powerful magic. To most citizens it was considered to be nothing but a legend. It was a process which created a permanent one way mental link between two people. A servant would be bonded to their master so that they could always know where their master was, what he wanted, and even be given orders without speaking.

A master could have many servants, but a servant could only have one master. The only way to break the bond was through death, which made it a huge commitment. But Nox spoke of it as if it was as unremarkable as preparing a meal for Alaric. The demon had always known that he would be bonded to the prince once he returned to his rightful place.

Alaric walked over to Nox and rose an eyebrow slightly. "Er," he said awkwardly, taking the underpants from him. "Nah, I don't think that's really necessary," he said, putting them on himself. However, he then mentioned something about bonding, and the boy's eyes widened slightly. He'd heard whispers of it, but didn't truly understand what it meant. He gripped to his towel tighter.

"Er... bonding? That... that means that you and I--our minds will be like one, right?" he asked. "Or something like that...?" He frowned slightly. So he'd never have a thought to himself ever again? Was something like that even necessary? He seemed less surprised that it existed than he did about it happening between he and Nox. It would seem that the prince was familiar with magical sort of things. "Does it hurt?" he asked, looking at Nox seriously. "For either of us? I mean... how is something like that done, anyway?"

Nox picked up the rest of the prince's clothing and held it out for the boy when he was ready. He kept a gentle smile on his face, not wanting the boy to feel too uncomfortable.

"Not exactly. My thoughts will no effect you in any way. But I will always know where you are and your general emotional and physical state. It is not that I will be able to read your mind, but if you are hungry, tired, or frightened I will know." He bowed his head slightly. "Of course you will be able to direct thoughts to me if you wish. So you can give me orders without speaking or being near me."

"As for the process itself, I will have to take a small amount of blood from you. But otherwise you should feel nothing." He lifted his head again and smiled. "As for myself, it will not affect my performance so you do not need to worry."

Alaric was quiet for a moment and hesitantly set down his towel before taking the clothing from Nox. He dressed himself one article of clothing at a time and, once he was fully dressed, took the towel again. "I see," he said when his butler further explained how the bonding would work. It surely was a curious thing. Even if he wouldn't be able to hear Alaric's thoughts all the time, to still be able to feel strong emotions and desires like that... well, it was odd. Definitely a new concept to the young male.

At least, a fairly new concept.

Alaric watched Nox silently as he further explained how the process would be a fairly painless one. The prince had to agree that a little blood loss wasn't a big deal, really. He held the towel to his lips, his eyes wandering off as he waded off in his own thoughts. Nox was evading the truth, and Alaric didn't need any sort of special bonding to be able to tell. The process would be fairly painless for Alaric, but for Nox it would only not hinder his performance. Meaning it would hurt him--and probably quite a lot--but not enough to cripple him.

Even masked pain was still pain.

"I don't think something like that's necessary," he said softly, still not meeting Nox's gaze. "If it'll hurt one of my subjects, don't you think it'd be a poor decision for a prince to make? Sacrificing the well-being of a beloved servant for my own sake..." He furrowed his brow slightly. It wasn't the sort of prince he wanted to be. Whether he was supposed to be this special prince and Nox only a lowly servant, or whatever terrible social norm it was, a servant was a person who worked hard to just do their job and to do it well, and they were important in Alaric's eyes. Then again, it had only been an hour or so ago that he was Paige, a mere commoner, himself. "And don't you dare tell me it'll be painless for you as well. I'm good at recognizing lies," Alaric said firmly. "If I just tell you where I'm going to be any time I feel like I need to leave your presence, then there's no problem or need for 'bonding', is there?"

"I will not lie to you your highness. The process will be quite painful for me. However the pain will be short and it is something that I am accustomed to." Nox let out a soft sigh, his smile falling away. "I know that you do not mean it this way, but rejecting my services is quite the insult. I have dedicated my life to your family for generations. My brother is bonded to your father, I was bonded to your father's father. We have both upheld this duty for thousands of years"

"It is something that we have chosen for ourselves and could quit any time." He continued. "However we have chosen to keep our place at the side of the rulers of this country. If you refuse to allow me to be bonded to you then it will be taken as a sign that you do not trust me to be eternally faithful to you, or that you expect to someday dismiss me from your side."

He bowed his head and turned away. "I will show you to your meal, please follow me." He left the room before the prince had a chance to give any response.

Alaric's expression hardly changed as Nox revealed the truth of the situation. The truth that the prince already knew. He was a little surprised, however, at the mention that Nox had a brother--who was bonded to his father. And also the mention that he'd also been bonded to Alaric's grandfather once. It was weird to think he had a father. All this time he was used to being alone, considering himself an orphan aside from his caretaker, who died when the boy was ten. Family was... not something he considered himself to have. It was still weird trying to accept that he did have a family. He, at the very least, had a father.

The prince had never had a father before, not even a fatherly figure, really.

And Nox... he had a brother. Alaric couldn't help but wonder what he was like. Or why they would chose to be bonded to someone. Even for loyalty... why? Alaric just couldn't wrap his head around it. And how old was Nox, anyway? He didn't look that old at all. Was he a witch of some sort? Using magic to live longer than what he was supposed to?

The man bowed his head before announcing that his meal was ready. Nox promptly left, not giving the boy much time to respond to everything he'd said. Alaric frowned slightly before following him quickly--making sure to leave the towel in his room rather than bringing it to the dining room. "Maybe that's not true," Alaric said quickly, catching up to the taller male. He frowned. "Maybe I do trust you'll be eternally faithful to me, but maybe I'd just prefer a different kind of bond than what you explained," he said, almost sounding annoyed.

"If that is what you desire your highness, I am sure that my services will be appreciated elsewhere." Nox's voice was cold and monotone. The fact that the boy knew what he was saying just made it even more insulting. He had dedicated his life to this family, now this boy was asking him to be treated like just any other servant.

He led the boy to the dining room where a feast had been set out, however the king and queen were still nowhere to be seen. "I will arrange for my replacement to be found within the week. One that can give you the type of bond you would like." The demon pulled out a chair for his master, remaining expressionless.

"That's not what I meant," Alaric said quickly, looking at Nox with a serious expression. "I'm perfectly fine with you being my loyal servant, I'd just rather nobody gets hurt." Nox was offended, and it was clear as day. Alaric didn't mean to upset him, and really he wasn't trying to, he just couldn't accept that he was supposed to go through some sort of bond with him, and that Nox would get hurt by it--though at least it would be quick and done with.

"I just don't see why we can't try something different. I mean, if I always let you know when I needed something, wouldn't that show that I trust you? Or if I just told you myself if I was upset? And if I always have you by my side, wouldn't that show that I trust you to always be around? Or if for whatever reason I needed to be alone, I told you where I would be? Doesn't that show that I trust you? I trust that you trust me to not run away or something?" he asked seriously. His hand was on the chair Nox had pulled out, but he still stood beside it. His attention was on his servant. "Any good relationship needs to be built on mutual trust and understanding--that's what I was taught. I don't think it's necessary to undergo some ritual where you're going to get hurt--even if it's only for a little while--just so that we can have a special bond that the other servants don't get with me. I mean, if I'm going to be a good prince to you, how would I prove I'm worthy of your dedication when you don't even trust me without force or pain needing to be involved?" His words were firm. A lot more firm than what would be expected from someone who was usually so quiet.

"Besides, nobody would even know if we bonded or not, right?" he asked. However, after a moment of looking Nox in the eye, the boy sighed. He released his grip on the chair, visibly giving up. Finally, he took a seat and slumped slightly in the chair. "Fine. Have it your way. I don't want to be a problem."

"There are many who will want your life your highness." Nox's voice softened. "If you were kidnapped or attacked I may not know until it is too late, or I may not be able to find you. People will know that I am not bonded to you, not the public, but there will be those in your court who notice and use it against you."

The demon pulled up a chair and sat next to his master, gently taking his hands. "It is insulting for you not to want me bonded to you... I do understand your intent however. You did not grow up in this place. Things like trust are not so easy. Your most trusted adviser may be someone who openly wants you dead. Servants may turn on you in a moment. Your palace is is a den of killers. My sworn duty is to be the only one in this place who you can trust. My bond will secure that position." He gently kissed the boy's hands. "Please your highness, allow me to fulfill my life's purpose."

Alaric was silent when Nox spoke. He tried to hide the surprise on his face, but he certainly hadn't thought of such things before. Kidnapped? He'd never once thought there was any value to his life where such a thing would even be considered. But then again, that was Paige. Paige was just a poor boy living on the outskirts of town, often staying in his shack in the woods where he hunted for a living. But Alaric... he was a prince. Someone of value. It hadn't even crossed his mind that he could be kidnapped. Or worse, attacked by his own people.

He never thought he would have so many enemies as a prince. So many enemies within this new place that was supposed to be his home. Life was certainly a lot simpler back when he was... well... not royalty.

Nox took the boy's hands into his own after taking a seat beside Alaric. The boy was silent, his indigo eyes turning down as Nox continued to explain the situation more before finishing and he gently kissed the boy's hands. Alaric blinked a little in shock at the tender moment that was just shared between the two of them, something he wasn't used to from most people. "Er, well," he said, looking away as he reddened slightly in embarrassment. "I guess you leave me no choice then, huh?" he chuckled lightly before quickly growing serious again and he sighed. "Well, alright then. If that's the way it has to be, I guess that's the way it has to be.."

"Thank you your highness." Nox gave the boy a gentle smile before releasing his hand and standing. "Please wait just a moment before eating..." The demon began to take tiny bites of each different dish, taking a moment to taste for any poison. After just a few moments he had finished and began to serve up the prince's plate.

"Please eat as much as you like. If there is anything you do not like then I will notify the chef so it is not made again."

Alaric watched as Nox tested each dish to make sure nothing was poisoned. It was still hard for Alaric to wrap his head around the idea that he could be killed by anyone at any time. When he was out hunting he was used to that kind of danger--knowing that he could be killed by a wild bear or other animals and creatures. But this was different and... strange. Being killed by an angry animal you were hunting or getting too close to was different than being assassinated.

"Thanks," he said. "It all looks wonderful though, so no worries." He began to eat the meal that was provided of him, glancing around the extravagant dining room. Even though it was still so much bigger than he was used to, decorated with such expensive furniture and paintings and unimportant things, it was still... empty. In a sense. Alaric was used to eating alone, but... he felt a room like this should have more people in it.

Alaric liked being alone... but it was still strange.

"Are the king and queen--er, I mean, my parents--not going to have supper?" he asked, taking another bite and looking at Nox.

"The king and queen..." Nox hesitated for a moment. Unsure of how best to explain the situation. Finally he just decided to be honest, not wanting to lose the boy's trust. "They are your parents, but it will be best if you do not think of them that way. They created you as their heir, and sent you away to keep you safe from assassins. But they are consumed by the duties of their positions." He bowed his head slightly. "They are wonderful rulers, not parents."

"You will most likely not meet them until tomorrow, when your father will announce your existence to the world. After that you will only see them during formal events."

Alaric was quiet for a moment, continuing to eat his meal in silence as Nox tried to explain the situation as delicately as he could. Even when explaining, Alaric could tell he was trying to justify their actions, show why, as rulers, they behaved the way they did. They were simply too consumed with more important things to really act as good parents.

"Oh, I see," the boy said softly. He was used to not having parents... all his life he'd thought they had died and he was an orphan. But now... well, he was well aware that they had just sent him away instead. One story was of neglect and abandonment for the sake of the kingdom's heir. The other was a tale of death and misfortune. Alaric wasn't sure which version was less painful to believe. "Well, that's fine," he finally said.

It hurt a little to know he had parents who were alive and well, but would chose not to see him aside from special occasions, but... he was used to solitude. If I'm their son, though... shouldn't they want to see me? Don't they have any free time at all, even to say, 'hey! How ya doing?'? I mean, I've been away from them practically my whole life. Do I even mean anything to them? Wouldn't normal parents miss their child, and make it their first priority to see him again as soon as they get the chance? When Nox told him it was best to think of them not as parents, but as rulers, it wouldn't be a hard thing for Alaric to do. He was always used to seeing them as rulers, anyway. And if they were going to hardly acknowledged his existence, even while living with them...

The prince wasn't sure if he wanted to consider them family, anyway.

I guess being good rulers is more important than family to them, he thought. And I guess that's okay. I'm used to not having parents, anyway... He finished his meal without another word, before getting up from his seat. "Thank you for the meal, my compliments to the chef," he said with a soft smile. "It was the most delicious thing I've ever had." He stood upright and looked away awkwardly. "So... um... I guess the bonding thing is next, huh?" he asked quietly, not wanting to have to do it, but knowing he had no choice...

"I apologize for being so blunt with the matter your highness. I do not want to cause you any pain by being dishonest." Nox kept his head lowered, worried that his master might be upset by the reveal.

He straightened up again, putting on a gentle smile. "I am glad that you enjoyed it. I hope that we can discover which kinds of food you enjoy the most." It wasn't difficult for him to see the boy's discomfort. But he couldn't put it off. He was too worried about someone hurting the prince. "Yes, it will be a short process. Please do not worry." He offered his hand to Alaric. "Please come with me your highness."

He led the boy out to the garden, thinking that it would be the most peaceful spot. The demon wanted to make the procedure as easy as possible for his master. Although he knew that it would be stressful no matter what.

Alaric shrugged, not wanting Nox to be too worried about sharing the truth. He was happy that at least the man wouldn't lie to him. Even if it hurt, being blunt was better than keeping the truth hidden away... at least, that's how Alaric felt...

Looking over to Nox as he got up and offered his hand to the young man, Alaric nodded a little and slipped his hand into Nox's before rising to his feet. "I appreciate your honesty, Nox," he said. If there was one person he was going to be able to trust, it would be Nox. Even if they were practically strangers right now... the white-haired male was easy enough to get along with. When he wasn't insisting on silly rules, that was...

Alaric followed Nox into the garden, somewhat quiet as he did. Why was he taking him to the garden? Was it related to the procedure? Alaric's eyes trailed over the place, somewhat lost in the beauty of the vicinity as Nox eventually stopped walking. He pulled his attention back to his servant, watching him carefully. He wasn't sure how this ritual went, but he was worried about what to do once it was done. Nox would be in pain, wouldn't he? Wouldn't it perhaps be better if there was a nurse nearby or something to help him if he needed it? Alaric wasn't sure how much it would affect his new servant, but he couldn't deny he was slightly worried for his sake.

"So... how is the bonding, um... done?" he asked. "I need to give you some of my blood, right? Do you have a knife with you? I left mine in my room..." the boy said awkwardly, his voice somewhat quiet.

(sorry for the wait!! >.