Seeking the light (for Wolf_Man and hal7283, 18+ private)

hal7283

Plot:

Genre: Sci-fi? Fantasy? Survival horror? Time loop?

Two men woke up in what seemed to be some sort of research facility deep underground, and had no memory as to who they were, where they came from, and why were they there. To make things worse the facility was filled with strange, horrific monsters lurking its endless hallways, and would hunt/rape/kill (not necessarily in that order) the two men on sight. It's unlikely they'll be able to avoid the monsters for long and when that inevitably happen, they'd find themselves back where they first woke up with all their wounds healed, and all the memories vividly intact. The two men have to somehow find a way out of this place before all of this drive them insane.

Alternatively, they could give in to the madness and just enjoy this limbo. Who knows what awaits them outside anyway?

hal7283's character:

Name: Joel

Appearance: Brown hair, red eyes, refer to the picture below

3663767.jpg

Height: 175 cm or 5'9

Personality: Stubborn, cautious, suspicious, but ultimately compassionate and empathetic to others.

Description: Joel woke up in the strange facility with no recollection as to who he was, where he came from, or why he was there. Given the circumstances it's quite a miracle that he remembered his name at all. That being said he did have a vague memory, or image in his mind of somewhere or something much brighter and gentler than this hell hole, and he was determined to find it.

Wolf_Man's character:

tumblr_opjvoaX3qg1vrzb4io1_250.png

Name: Lyn

Height: 5'8"

Personality: Lyn is loyal to those he trusts, he only tends to be aggressive in order to protect others or himself but can also become aggressive if his emotions are running wild. He expresses his emotions openly and tries to use those emotions to keep him going.

Description: Lyn woke up in a strange facility alongside Joel, a man he never met & his only companion at the moment. He is uncertain of most things involving his life but what he can recollect comes from his dreams, he is still unsure if his dreams are his own fantasy's to escape from the hell hole he is in or if it's from better times in the life he has forgotten. Whatever the case he is terrified of the current circumstances & hopes at least him or Joel will find answers..

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hal7283

• Wolf_Man

"Ah! My.........head!"

Joel groaned as he woke up from his slumber, he was panting heavily and his heart was bumping like crazy. It seemed that he just had a horrific nightmare and yet, now being awake he couldn't remember any of it. To make things worse he was having a massive headache which felt like there were thousands of needles stuck in his brain. He held his head and dig his finger nails into his skin trying to alleviate the headache, and slowly but surely, the headache subsided. Finally having the leisure to look around, Joel got up and looked around found himself inside a large room with strange machinery scattered all around, all of them looked dusty and broken.

“What the hell is this place...” Joel muttered as he walked around the room, everything around him seemed so unfamiliar, and he had no idea what all these machines are for. He tried to find something that may give him a clue as to where this place was and why he was there, but found nothing of the sort. “Think Joel.... Think....how the hell did you get yourself here....Joel.... Joel? Yeah Joel is my name....right? Wait...who am it...what?”

Joel began to panic, as the more he tried to remember something the more he realized there was nothing to be found in his mind. Family, friends, upbringing, all blank, nothing at all. The fact that he somehow remembered his name was quite surprising, but even that he wasn’t sure. Was “Joel” really his name? Or the name of someone he knew? Engulfed by fear and uncertainty, Joel clumsily tried to stand up but failed, falling face first. He expected to hit hard surface and maybe knock a teeth or two out, but the pain never came. Instead he landed on something soft, warm and....alive?

"What the..?" Joel looked up, and realized he landed on top of a young man who was laying a few feet away from where he was, and he seemed unconscious. "Hey you wake up!" Hurriedly Joel began to shake on the sleeping man, hoping to get some answers.

'Hey...wake up!'

Lyn had been dreaming sweetly before he was awoken in an unkindly manner, his eyes had shot up after he was awoken by the young man currently looking down on him. He pushed the brunette away from his side as he sat up on the floor, he then scanned the room quickly before returning to a red gaze. The other man's eyes seemed to be filled with panic and confusion, Lyn was a bit confused as well but he wasn't as quick to panic like the other was doing.

Although, Joel had no memories whatsoever of his life while Lyn believed he had his memories or at least some of them. While Lyn was unconscious he had a series of dreams that were filled with the same reoccurring characters, while he couldn't put names to the faces or specify the time of the events he was somewhat certain that those people were his family. Joel had no clue who he was or where he came from, it was only natural that he'd be the most panicked out of the two.

"Where the fuck are we?" Lyn asked as he stood up from the floor, he began walking around the room to examine the old machinery. He noticed a rather large door but ignored it for the time being, he expected the other young man to give him some answers about how he got here and where his family was. Lyn couldn't remember much, honestly, but he had a series of dreams during his sleep which included some people he felt like he knew so he assumed they were close family members even though he actually wasn't that certain.

"Did you bring me here?" Jade orbs focused on the brunette as he strolled closer to Joel, the other man didn't appear to be dangerous so Lyn didn't feel the need to worry about being near him.

"Where the fuck are we? I was about to ask you the same thing." Joel answered as the other man got up from the floor and looked at the man's expression. It became clear to him that the man in front of him was either as confused as he is, or a talented actor.

"Did I bring you here? OF course not!" Joel objected, and as the other man approached he instinctively took a step back and turned his gaze away, both because he didn't trust the man one bit and felt uncomfortable for the invasion of his personal space, but also because the fact that this man looked rather attractive made him...nervous. Even in the dim lighting of this room Joel could see his handsome features: silver hair, pretty nose, elegant lips, and that pair of almost glittering golden eyes staring right at him. The fact that Joel didn't even remember how himself look like certainly didn't help. Joel wondered if the man's looks were also part of the elaborate plan to mess with him, if so, it was certainly working.

That being said, it would be foolish just to assume the man in front of him was hostile. Given the situation Joel would need all the help he can get. With that thought in mind Joel turned back to look at the man and said: "Looks like we're equally clueless to the situation. I'm Joel, by the way....At least I think that's my name. In fact I don't remember anything at all."

"Sorry...I don't remember a lot of details either but I know I'm not supposed to be here." Lyn hadn't meant to upset the other, he just thought he may have had some answers to their situation but honestly Joel's behavior should have given Lyn a good idea that the young man had no idea what was going on. "Uh..I'm Lyn." He heard that name in his dreams a number of times, he felt that the name was used to address him but he wasn't entirely sure and didn't seem to care either if the name was correct or not.

"Hey Joel...we should probably start searching for a way out and look for some people who know how we got here.." The silver haired man told the other man as he headed towards the side of the room with the very large door, it lacked an actual knob so Lyn began examining the door for a way to open it and he soon figured out it had to be pried open like a jammed elevator door. Lyn placed his fingers into the crack of the door, attempting to pull the two parts away from one another and allow a big enough gap for him and Joel to squeeze out of. At first the door was tough to deal with but after a few more attempts it began pulling apart but the gap still wasn't wide enough, Lyn tried again with all of his strength and the doors gap widened abruptly with a screech that echoed down the corridors.

He looked at the gap and determined it was wide enough for them to slip through, he looked back at the brunette. "...You can stay back if you want, Joel." Lyn only proposed the idea to comfort the other man, he seemed to be more stressed by the loss of his memories and panicked so maybe staying behind would be good for the other. "I'll find some help and lead them back here if you don't want to go."

"Lyn huh... Nice to meet you, I guess." Joel said and repeated the name a few times quietly in his mind, he thought to himself: "At least it's simple enough to remember"

"Yeah I agree, we should probably get going. This room isn't exactly pleasant to stay in anyway." Joel responded as he stood by and watched as Lyn started to pry the door, suspecting it to be some sort of trap and not wanting to take the risk himself, but seeing Lyn having such a hard time changed his mind eventually changed his mind. "Here let me help....." Just as Joel took a step forward the door slid opened with a high pitched screech.

"..........Never mind then." Joel muttered as he missed the opportunity to help, and when he heard what Lyn said next Joel quickly stepped in front of Lyn and looked straight into the man's eyes. He said firmly: "Listen Lyn, I'm not some damsel in distress who's gonna sit pretty and do nothing while you go out on your own. From the looks of it we're in this together, whatever this is, so I'm coming with you whether you like it or not! Understood?"

"Completely but I didn't mean anything by it...just wanted to take your well being into account, that's all." Lyn muttered the last part to the other man as he turned towards the door once again, he stepped into the open gap and slipped through it. He expected Joel to be right behind him, to follow his lead and enter the corridor Lyn was currently occupying. The lights hanging in the hallway were dim and constantly flickering, Lyn looked at the very end of the halls and found no source of light beyond the hall he was standing in.

Lyn, without thinking, began to make his way towards a few doors on the other side of the hall and unintentionally leaving Joel a bit behind him. The corridor was filled with several doors leading into other rooms, most of the doors whoever were fairly broken or nonexistent for it seemed that someone had busted through them or completely tore them off the hinges. "Joel, this way." He wasn't sure why but he refrained from yelling and instead used a lower tone of voice, he knew the point of their venturing out was to get help but to be honest he wasn't sure if the people they would meet would want to help them. They had to have been put here by someone in the first place, maybe someone didn't like them or all of this was a cruel joke but Lyn highly doubted the latter option.

He made his way into one of the rooms in the corridor, it appeared to be an office but one that had note been used in a very long time. Lyn began looking through all the drawers and cabinets in the office, hoping to find something of use to them. "...Joel, I found a flashlight." The young man exclaimed as he turned around, expecting to see the other and hoping he had found something as well.

Joel followed Lyn's footsteps cautiously while keeping high alert, constantly looking around and listening to the slightest sounds. For some reason the whole place just gave Joel the creeps, and all the flickering lights certainly didn't help improve the atmosphere. Given the situation Joel was almost impressed by how bold Lyn was opening doors here and there, but equally he was worried that Lyn would get both of them killed.

After entering the office with Lyn, Joel began to look around, picking up a few of the scattered papers and trying to read, but couldn't understand a thing, not because he couldn't read but because all of them were filled with either strange diagrams or weird techno babble. He threw the papers aside and continued to look, and noticed a plaque on the ground.

"Hey check this out." Joel said as he picked up the plaque and took it to Lyn, and held it under the flash light beam. "This seems to be a number plate of sorts. B....something something dash three. My guess it's the room number? Since it says 'B' so maybe it means we're underground? I don't know it's just a guess."

• 2 weeks later...

Lyn grabbed the plaque from Joel's hands to take a better look at it, he knew it would make sense that the two were in an underground part of the building due to the fact he hadn't seen a single window which was odd for an office building. "..so lets find stairs that go up then." He said as he headed out of the room they had been searching in, Lyn began walking down to one of the ends of the corridor. He poked his head inside a couple of rooms to see if there was anything that caught his eye but they were mostly dull rooms, he was more concerned about finding those stairs than digging around for more flashlights or worthless business papers.

He turned on the flashlight as he made his way to the end of the corridor and used it to light up the next dark hallway, this hallway felt more eerie for the walls were covered in claw marks. It also felt as if they were being followed but he wouldn't announce the thought because it was ridiculous, Lyn had peered over his shoulder multiple times but never saw a single thing following or watching them. He was being paranoid, nothing existed in these halls other than himself and Joel.

He took a deep breath to clam his nerves, he hoped his own worrying didn't scare or upset Joel. The hallway was quiet long but soon the flashlight discovered something other than doors that led to dead-end rooms. It was an elevator. Granted it probably didn't work but maybe the two could force it open and limb there way to the surface, it wasn't much of a plan but it was better than nothing. There was no response when Lyn pressed the elevator button, he was expecting that so he immediately tried to pry the doors open but that also seemed like it would take too much time. "Shit...lets search some rooms for something to help pry the doors...if we split up it'll be faster, you can even take the flashlight." He only suggested the last part because he was in a hurry to cover more ground, he didn't want to force the other though.

Joel followed Lyn closely while being constantly on guard. With each passing minute he felt like there was something dangerously wrong with this place. The claw marks they found on the walls certainly didn't help. Joel wondered what couldn't left such markings on the wall. Lion? Tiger? Bear? Whatever it was he found it strange that such a thing would be found in a underground facility, and the though of a clawed predator lurking in the dark waiting to strike made him more nervous than ever. He took a peak and Lyn and found the man seemed to be relatively calm. Is he always like this? So....chill despite all the circumstances? Joel suddenly became a bit curious as to what would it take to actually make Lyn scream and panic? But quickly he suppressed that thought since if that occasion arises, it'd probably mean that he himself would be a world of trouble as well.

It wasn't long before the two find themselves in front of what seemed to be an elevator door, and as expected it didn't respond to pushing buttons. Although the thought of just riding the elevator up to safety is tempting, given the state of this place he doubt it would be a safe choice. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check if the elevator is actually broke or it was just the button not working but....You sure about splitting up though? You saw those claw marks right? I'd be safer if we stick together."

(I presume you're about to introduce the monster soon? You have my full permission to do WHATEVER YOU WANT with Joel so just go ahead! :) )