❖In the pages of the comic book manuscript➹ (Beatlechan & Maya)

itsapanda16

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Daniel was stunned to even see the other leave the kitchen, let alone see him walk out the door. It took the male a few seconds to process the appropriate mode of action. Daniel looked at Marc and went red in the face. "He's. He's my lover," shouted the male as he ran out the door.

"Finian. Finian. Are you serious? Who said that you could leave?!" Hissed the male as he grabbed the other's arm. "Listen. He's just my friend!" The male shook his head, good grief, what did I even get myself into, thought the male.

"You're coming back with me, end of question," shouted Daniel as he pulled Finian along for the ride. It was everything the male could do to keep the other from taking off. He had enjoyed every second of it, up until an unannounced guest arrived. 'Marc.' When Daniel got back to the door, it looked as if the other male took the liberty of walking in and staying.

Grief. The male sighed. "Finian, he's my best friend. That's all! So please act normal, you're also a guest."

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• beatlechan

• itsapanda16

Finian grabbed Daniel. "Ok i have no issue about him being your friend but, I don't want to put you in an uncomfortable situation with your friend and kid. M-Maybe we should wait until its just us. I mean i want to be with you but the only one im sharing you with is your kid at the moment. Call me selfish, call me child. But i want us to focus on each other now that this has come up. I don't want to go but". Finian looked down and sighed. "I'd feel better if it was just us. I'm sorry. I feel bad but go spend time with your friend. How about in about 3 hours I come back? I need to go home and check on some stuff anyway".

Daniel was not expecting such words to come out of the other's mouth, he was somewhat surprised. He was surprised that the other noted about his daughter and of course Marc. Who wouldn't? It wasn't like he wanted Marc to be there, it was an unexpected coincidence, well not really, the male lightly chuckled to himself. He did after all visited Marc the day before, so in theory, it was a probable occurrence that the other was still there.

About his daughter, well that was something the other had to deal with. It wasn't like he wanted to make an already awkward situation, even more awkward and fickle. "I'm sorry Finian." The male said softly, "Everything noted, but no. Please stay."

Finian didn't have to go home but he didn't want Daniel to feel like he was on the spot since his friend just showed up. He understood if he wanted discretion on this light matter and is willing to accommodate. He looked at Daniel and shrugged his shoulders. "If you're 100% sure, I will stay".

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel was getting a bit annoyed that he was stuck in between a very fickle male, while having his best friend crash the place. It wasn't like he wanted it to happened, it just kinda just did. The male shakes his head, "Of course, I want you to stay! I made us breakfast after all." The male said smiling, "And as for you Marc. What would you like to have?" The male lightly chuckled in annoyance.

He, after all had to have it his way.

Finian sighed. "ok i'll stay but if it gets awkward don't blame me." Finian moved from the door and walked back into the living room. He looks at the friend and nodded his head. "Hi. Im Finian". After he introduced himself he took a seat and waited for Daniel. He inwardly sighed still upset their alone time was ruined.

Marc walked over to the male and sighed, "I remember you talking like that during our first or was it the second night of bar-hoping together after Vivian passed away. I kept trying to stay cynical at some aspects of your life and believe that you were talking nonsense because you suffered from a traumatic incident. Don't get me wrong, but are you serious?" Marc whispered, "An idealistic jerk? You've got to be kidding me! Daniel, you can do better."

Daniel sighed and hissed, "Speaking of which, it should come as no surprise to you. I mean.. You are my best friend. Sigh. Just leave me.. You know what, never mind." The male shook his head. The male then turned around and went over to the counter setting a pot of tea on the dinning room's table and some bread. "Please come and join us Finian." The male was starting to feel uneasy with both males being in the same room. Daniel was sure that he had stated what was on his mind to both. But still, this was unnerving to him.

Finian stood up and looked at Daniel. "can you close the door for a minute?" He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I don't think this is gonna work. I mean. I like you but i'm not one for hostile environments and I don't want this to become a problem for you or your child. Your friend spent what? Like 5 mins in here with me and he doesn't think its a good idea already? Why is he judging me? He hasn't really spoken two words to me. But i guess that's how people are". He shrugs and sighs. "oh and tell him he should learn to whisper if he doesn't want people to hear him. I-I can't do this, I'm sorry. Let's keep it professional. Its not looking like it will work out already So let's stop before we hurt each other". Finian smiled a sad smile and left through the door quickly before the other had an opportunity to stop him. He ran out of the building with tears in his eyes as he headed home.

• 2 weeks later...

The male just didn't have the energy to fight the other. If he wanted to go, then so be it. He looked at Marc, "What?!" In a sarcastic tone, the other replied, "Nothing. I just find this amusing. He was scared, how cute."

"Well, since the food is ready, just help yourself. I am gonna go take a bath." Daniel sarcastically recanted, "A potential lover? What did I ever see in him? A mode of escaped?" Daniel murmured in a narcissistic tone. Tch!

He soaked in a bubble bath, taking in the aroma of sweet vanilla lavender suds and closed his eyes, resting his arm above his head. The helplessness and intense nausea gave way to a giddy light-headedness and ennui, then, moments later, to blackness. Daniel passed out in the tub.

[1 hour later]

When the male came to, it was past noon. "Crap..!"

Finian had a rough night. There was no way he was going in the office today. It was good he finished the assignment and so emailed the contents to Daniel. One plus about free lancer. As long as you come in 3 times a week its fine. So that means he had time to figure out a way to avoid Daniel. He likes him but he is unsure if it would ever come to pass for them. He was slightly disappointed he didn't run after him. But he expected it. He vowed to himself the next person would have to be attentive and cared. He was done with one sided relationships and affections. If Daniel liked him he would have to show it. If not. Guess he'll figure it.

• 3 weeks later...

Tuesday morning came around as quickly as things died down in his head. Daniel, had the weekend, plus one day to think over about things. Things were supposed to be easy for him, he was after all, a self proclaimed perfectionist. Yet, it wasn't as easy as he thought. "Tch, I got his email and the assigned assignment." Muffled under his breath, "..it...it's crap!"

The male grabbed the file and ripped it up and tossed the shreds in the air. "..I...I work with imbeciles," hissed the male to himself. Daniel spun around on his chair and rested his legs on the desk and as soon as he covered his eyes with his arms, resting, an ever so irritating familiar knock at the door.

"Sir, you have some visitors."
Quoted the receptionist.

"Who is it Vivian?"
Daniel, asked.

"It's your 12:00 appointment sir, the people from Manken Publishing."

"Crap, I totally forgot about them.."
the male grunted,
"Please seat them in the conference room with beverages."

"Yes, sir."

"First Finian and now this. 'Calm down Daniel, you can bullshit it, like you usually do..don't let Finian get to you!!'"

Finian sat at home wondering if he got the assignment. Knowing him because he was pissed off didn't really take the time to look it over. Its funny how he knew how Daniel would react in this short time. He decided to send it again. He got up from the couch and walked over to his desk to get on his laptop. Once he signed in he wrote a little message. "Daniel, when you are calm look at it again. I did everything you asked. But i know you. Because you are pissed off at me. You'll take it out on my work. Don't do that. Whatever personal crap we have going shouldn't affect our work relationship. Shoot me an email when you are calm. Finian".......

p.s can we really do this?

Finian stared at the last part of the email wondering if he should delete it or not. He finally hit send and exhaled.

It took the male fifteen, if not close to twenty minutes, prepping for his b/s ranting outline, before he made his way to the conference room. He wasn’t in the mindset to pull off this one. After all, he was still getting over the other male, making a fool of him in front of Marc and now this. The male haven’t looked at the manuscript for days, for all he knew the stuff spiraled out of control the moment he took his eyes off of said whatever it was, like his life. He looked at the clock and muffled his painful cries. Then, slapped his own face and made his way out of the room.

He took a deep breath, smiled as he opened the door, “Please accept my apologies for the wait. I was on the phone with another client as I was looking over the collaboration with our freelance photographer and the manuscript for our next month’s issue. It looks like the planning for architectural landscape and your couture models are going as planned. Do you have any questions for me?” The male asked.

The two looked like they were there to grill him, tearing him into pieces; it was hard enough to keep up the act, let alone bullshitting everything that was coming out of his mouth. The male looked at the two clients and one looked back at him and said, “No, splendid. The only thing that comes to mind and the reason why we are here, is to run by some issues on our end. Today, was supposed to be a day of talking through the manuscript and what not, but we come bearing bad news. Melony had an accident yesterday and it looks like she won’t be able to finish the photoshoot until she recovers from her injuries. We will need a few days to find a replacement model, this is our only concern.” Replied person 1.

Daniel took a second to register the situation and rubbed his chin, “I’m so sorry to hear that. No. Please..take your time. We can postpone this and come up with another plan, if need be.” The male was at utter lost for words. Here, he thought that he was at fault for not knowing what the heck was going on, ‘At least I’m not in the spotlight this time,’ ran through his mind.

Person 2, “No, we will have one of our backup models come in tomorrow and in the meantime, we would keep you posted on our progress. As representatives of Manken Publishing, please accept our sincerest apologies for this.”

[10 minutes later]

Daniel set the pile of papers on the desk and brought out the others. “Sheesh, more work now. Let’s not add the nincompoop’s email." In truth, what the male needed was right through the computer, his lover and in his pant’s pocket, his cell phone. Somewhere in that phone, was Finian’s number. It took every ounce of energy for the male not to call on impulse. “Tch..”

[Knock knock]

“Sir, we received a fax. It looks like it’s from Finian and it's his portfolio.”

Daniel rubbed his chin again, “What now?”

It looks like what he sent earlier and ‘a note?’

Daniel, when you are calm look at it again. I did everything you asked. But i know you. Because you are pissed off at me. You'll take it out on my work. Don't do that. Whatever personal crap we have going shouldn't affect our work relationship. Shoot me an email when you are calm.

-Finian

p.s can we really do this?

The male grinned. Grinning more so, because he was flabbergasted. “He did not send this through the fax machine?!”

“Guess, I have a valid reason to visit him tonight,” the male chuckled.

AN hour has passed since he sent the email and still no reply. He sighed as he checked the inbox and sent folder. There, that's when he realized his mistake. He sent it to the office instead of Daniel's personal email. "Shit!" He punched his desk top and groaned as his fingers instantly started to swell. He got up and grabbed a bowl and went to the freezer to get some ice. He sat on the couch and put his hand in the ice. He hissed as the coldness stung his skin. As he sat there he contemplated the magnitude of Daniel ignoring his email. Apparently it was one sided after all. He thought the other liked him. Sure he could be difficult but even underneath that he seemed to have a sweet and caring side. He has a kid, he has to. But apparently it wasn't for him. Why did he keep going after guys that only would hurt him? He didn't have the answer but at least he can make a clean break before it got too deep. They can go back to a regular work relationship and everything will be fine. Maybe he should put finding the love of his life off. It seems no matter how he tried, he always got hurt. Whether it was mental or physical and he just didn't have it in him anymore. He can't do it. Or maybe he should try a woman again. He hasn't done that since highschool but who are we kidding. He isn't attracted to them in no way shape or form. He sighed as he tried to break these depressing thoughts and turned the tv on. At least his work is done So now all he has to do is nurse his hand so he can go take pictures in the morning.

• 1 month later...

Daniel knew that the other was playing hard to get. It was a game that he was all too familiar with and it was almost like a game of cat and mouse to him. The male loved playing games, it was something he was good at. Well, at least that was what his self-proclaimed narcissistic ego would say.

He looked up at the wall clock, “It looks like I have a little over half an hour to greet him,” said the male chuckling.

He was enmeshed in a fantasy like alternate reality, sane v.s. insane behaviors or actions interchanged at the forefront of his frontal lobe.

It took the male a few minutes to calm down, especially after the meeting with the two and the fax from the other. He slowly ascended from his chair and grabbed the pile of fax messages, and left the office. After all, the male now had a valid excuse of inviting himself over to the other's place. It was after all a widely known formality, to not mix business with pleasure. The other had already exposed the mixing of the two partially when he sent that fax.

“I need a bouquet of flowers while I am at it,”
the male said smiling from ear to ear.

Finian was still sitting on the couch with his in the bowl. He took it out and started flexing and unflexing. least the swelling went down. He sighed as he dried his hand on his shirt. Well it was nearly 8p and he hasn't heard a word. Not a text nothing. He finally gave up and shut the tv off. He stood up and went to his room and gathered his things for a shower. He checked his phone again and threw it down. Once he did that, he finally went to shower. After 20 mins he got out and dressed for bed. Once he was in his room he broke and grabbed he phone dial Daniel.