❖In the pages of the comic book manuscript➹ (Beatlechan & Maya)

itsapanda16

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Character profiles:

Name: Daniel Nee

Position: tbd

Background: Daniel Nee is 28 years old. He was once married and has a daughter, who is 5 years old. He has has masters degree in mass communications. He raises his daughter by himself, after his wife passed away in a house fire, the two shared.

Name: Finian Takemi

Position: tbd

Background: Finian Takemi age 25, half Japanese, artist, gay. Does free lance drawing for a news paper comic. At times he can be mentally unstable, emotionally fragile, and judgmental. On the flip side. He is very loving and loyal. Finian is a bit of a tortured soul his family life wasn't that rosy. The only person he still communicates with in his family is his mother. His father physically and sexually abused him for years so he has a hard time trusting people.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• beatlechan

• itsapanda16

It was still dark out when the alarm buzzed at 5am. Finian groaned as he slapped the object off the night stand. Another day of early meetings since the newspaper he worked for is going through a makeover phase since sales were lagging. But in this age of technology, who would be shocked. Glancing at the clock again Finian rolls out of bed and heads to the kitchen to start his coffee. He sighed as he looked at the different flavors. What did he feel like today he asked himself. Reaching for the french vanilla and a filter he starts his process. Five minutes later he heads back to the room grabbing his robe and he stalks off to take his shower.

The male was good as dead. He was behind on sleep and that wasn't the only thing he was behind on. His personal life was in turmoil. The year before he was living in his dream home, with a gorgeous wife and a beautiful daughter. The picture perfect family was the envy among friends and neighbors, you couldn't get any better than this. The male was only 27 years old and he had already accomplished so much. His name was Daniel Nee.

[Fast forward 1 year later]

The male sat at his desk waiting for his employees to hand in their manuscript. Slowly one by one, they entered his domain, his sanctuary. Handing in what was supposed to be plan for the following month's publication. He ruffled through the pile, glancing over them one by one, the male paused. "I'm still missing Al's and Clare's. Seriously, do I have to baby sit you guys? I need them in now!"

Screams from his desk echoed throughout the office's floor. It was quiet enough to hear a pin drop. The boss was angry and the floor knew it.

'If you want to keep your job. Stay away from the boss, especially during the deadlines,' were the advice given to the newbies.

The male sat at his desk, tapping the table one finger at a time, starting at his pinky and ending at his index finger. His tapping was increasing in momentum. His patience was reaching its boiling point. It also didn't helped that he sat there watching the clock tick away. 'Tick tock. Tick tock.'

He was for lack of a better phrase, sitting on a pile of coal. He sat there staring out onto the floor, his arms folded onto each other and he huffed. The male pouted face could be seen across the office.

He got up and walked out of the office, "Twenty-five more minutes."

Its a year later and Finian has been promoted to senior advisor of the fine arts section of the paper. This entailed a a raise and a transfer. He moved to the otherside of town to be closer to his job. He didn't want to move because he loved his little hole in the wall away from everyone. Especially his mom. She's beem on his case about finding someone but he told her he didn't want to. But to be honest. He was lying. He was starting to get lonely. He even considered a random hookup but he knew he wouldn't. He doesn't have that much faith in people to be so reckless with himself. Although he does plenty of stupid things on his own. After he moved in he slipped into a depression because he didn't feel comfortable in the new apartment. So that spiraled out of control and he ended up cutting himself. He was lucky it was the weekend or he would have missed a day being so weak and sore the next day. Luckily he started to feel better by Sunday because he had work the next day. So he pulled out his trusty long sleeve and khakis and ironed his clothes getting ready for bed.

That brings us to the present time now. Where he is stuck on the train due to some accident and he is several hours late for work. He was supposed to meet his boss today. Hopefully they'll have mercy on him since he was late due to things he could not control.

The male paced himself back and forth around the office, making his presence known. He was anxious, not because there were two missing manuscripts, but that of his reputation. He was known as 'dutiful Dan' and he intends to keep that name.

His work was an escape, because his personal life was in turmoil, just 8 months ago, he lost his wife in a house fire. Fortunately, he wasn't home at the time of the incident and his daughter was at a sleepover at a friend's house.

The day the house caught on fire, he was on a work trip. He was living with survivor's guilt, just the day before he wanted to call in about canceling the meeting, but his wife urged him to get out of the house more often.

He felt pathetic, because of him, his wife was gone. So the male used work as a vent. Perfectionist was his name, perfection was the game.

After wearing himself out, the male walked back into his office and slumped on the couch. "I need to close my eyes, just a few minutes. Taking care of Lily by myself is draining every ounce of energy out of me." The male sighed.

[5 minutes later]

When the male opened his eyes, he immediately glanced at the wall clock. '5 minutes huh? Felt more like 30.' Then, he proceeded to get up and walked out of the office.

"You guys have 10 minutes. I don't have all day here!"

Running from the train station clutching his messenger bag tight. Finian runs straight to the office. He bursts in. "Im sorry there was a horrible accident on the train". One of the assistants came our. "Calm down we know. We had people out covering it. We know it wasn't your fault". Finian sighed as he panted trying to catch his breath. He nodded and went to the water cooler grabbing a quick drink. When he finished the assistant led him to the bosses office. "He's in a mood today so I'm sorry. He may behave cause you're new but no telling. Look I'm Mira. If you need help. Give me a shout". Mira walked off smiling to herself. "He's hot". Finian chuckled as he knocked on the office door.

- - - Updated - - -

The male sat there still waiting and sure enough Clare's came in within 3 minutes, after the office's announcement. He was like a dictator to some degree and ruled with an iron fist. Shortly after the girl came in he smiled and reclined back in his chair lightly chuckling. "Well, that leaves Al's."

The male then got up and walked to the door. "Al, you're the last one," looking at the other straight in the eyes, from across the office. The other visible distraught.

In some ways, the male was a sadist, he enjoyed seeing other's hurt, at his own expense. The male doesn't do it on purpose, it was somehow hardwired in his being. He was strict and that's how it was, at least so he thought. The male looked back up at the wall clock, 'The meeting is coming up soon with the freelancer."

'Tch, contracting a freelancer to do a man's job.' The male gritted his teeth. When it comes to organization, the male must be inform at all times and must have control over the assignments. The freelancer's meeting was the next thing that has the male on edge.

[4 minutes later]

Just as sudden as when the male has his alone time, there was a knock on the door. He smiled, "You must be Finian?"

Finian looked the man up and down and gulped. "Yes I am. I apologize for my lateness. There was an accident." Finian smirked as he looked at the man. Its been awhile since he found someone physically attractive. He looked him up and down again and cursed his luck for the man to be his boss and he was probably straight. He shook the man's hand and sat down handing him his portfolio.

The male looked at the other with darting eyes. He was bemused at the figure standing at the door. The man was odd looking, beyond imagination. The way that he dressed, was unusual to the male. He thought, 'What the...this guy looks like...no comment.' The male took a second to change his demeanor. He proceeded to gingerly welcomed the other into the office, making his presence known.

"Hi, my name is Daniel Nee. I am the manager of the printing department. I see that you have some years of experience with freelance photography and drawing."

The male held the file, took a look at the front cover and shook his head. Then, he flipped through the portfolio. "Wow. This is very impressive. I can see why they would highly recommend your work for this issue."

The male was impressed with the other's work, but couldn't get the other's outrageous look out of his head. The make still smiled while looking at the other, 'It must be from his freedom to do whatever he wanted.' The male thought.

'I'll take a gamble on this one. Who knows I'll probably get some entertainment out of it as well.' The male lightly chuckled to himself. He then, looked up at the other and smiled.

"Welcome in board Finian. When would you like to start?"

Finian smiled and shook his hand. "T-Thank you so much sir. I won't let you down. Um if i can start right now that would be great. Are there any assignments? If not i can wait until you call me."Finian hadn't realized he was still holding on to Daniel's hand. When he finally realized, he blushed. "S-sorry i didn't realize". He let the hand go and put his hands in his pockets waiting for an answer.

The male raised his eyebrow. He smiled and shook the other's hand. "A man of your stature, will fit right in," replied the male as he got up from his chair.

"Well, since you have some background in photography and free lance drawing for a newspaper comic. I would like you to combine the mediums if possible?"

The male then folded his arms, "Here at the Arlington Inc, we do a wide range of publications. One being printing newspapers and as well as a range of other less traditional printed artifact. I would like something with mix media. Would this task be suitable for your background Finian?" Asked the male.

The male walked around his desk and sat on it, with the left side of his buttock. He stared at the other male, looking at him up and down.

He watched the other, every minor detail in the male's posture, what was said and how it was said, was all noted in his mental book. When the other shoved his hands in his pocket, the male smiled. The male found it amusing that the other was so nervous on his accord.

"Please have something in for me by the end of next week."

Finian smiled. "Sure thing boss". He winked at him and left the office. Outside the office he leaned against the door taking a deep breath trying to calm his nerves. After a couple of minutes he left and headed home. On the way he took some random shots of the landscape and buildings in the neighborhood since he really hasn't had time to check it out yet.

The male was taken aback by the other's demeanor. Awkward, yet collected. 'Eh,' as a natural reaction when the other smiled and said, "Sure thing boss."

'Boss? Is he serious?' The mere mention of the word boss made his insides cringed. It brought back memories, ones that he wanted to forget. The male didn't like being called boss, although he manages the floor. He stood at the door way looking at the other and all of his actions. Even when the other leaned against the door taking a deep breath, the male saw it all.

He was still bemused, yet he was interested. He the chuckled to himself, 'I think I'm gonna enjoy every moment of this.'

Daniel waited for the male to leave, watching him pressing the button at the elevator and getting on. 'Good, he's gone.' Then left the office.

"Time's up Al! You're fired.'

After taking the pictures his nerves were still rattled. Finian needed a drink and fast. He couldn't believe he just acted like that in front of his employer. He was screaming at himself internally but he couldn't help it. The guy looked like he needed a laugh or a good screw but he wasnt gonna ponder that thought. It edged into dangerous territory which he is all too familiar with. He sighed and walked down to a busy section of the neighborhood and found a bar. He stood outside for a bit seriously contemplating if he should really go in. Him and liquor didn't really agree with each other but as long as he doesnt go overboard he should be fine. He grabbed the handle opening the door and stepped in.

After firing the male, Daniel wasn't feeling all high and mighty as he once did. The feeling was ominous to the male. He paced himself back and forth around the office. He trailed his presence around the floor, everywhere he went employees avoided all eye contact with him. He was feeling bad; bad, because maybe he was on edge from the night before with his daughter. Missing his wife. The male was depressed, hiding everything inside.

But the male ruled with an iron fist, admitting that he was wrong, was not in his book. The male knew that he may have over reacted, but being one with his words, he wasn't about to go back on them.

He trekked his way back to his office and sat down. The male huffed. 'Did I make a mistake? Tch!' The male pounding his fist on his desk.

"I need a drink! I haven't seen Marc in awhile. Maybe I should pay him a visit tonight?" Sighed the male. For the remainder of the time, the male watched the clock tick away, 'It's almost 4:00PM.'

By the 3rd drink Finian felt great. He finally felt calm. Itsna shame to think he needed 3 to feel normal. That means his nerves been through the ringer. The more he reflected on his behavior the more he drank. He really was shocked he acted like a cocky douche. Which usually means he likes someone. How could he after the one meeting. He sighed and slammed the empty glass, ordering a shot of tequila. Besides being his boss. It was a bad day idea. He watched the door seeing a bunch of people filing in thinking that maybe je should head home.

The male was drained when he headed out of the office. He was set on finding Marc, his one time wing man. After the male got his life together he opened a local pub in town. Daniel haven't seen the other in awhile and now was the time to ease his stress and have a couple of drinks to loosen up.

"I really need a shot of whiskey. Work is zapping all of the energy out of and after today, I..." The male exclaimed.

It was half past 4 and the male found himself outside of the pub. "I guess there's no helping it. Minus well head inside."

By now he is on his 6th. God he was really anxious. He hated when his anxiety bugged him. It usually led to destructive behaviors and drinking was the best one of the options. The others he couldn't afford to do even though he'd be lying if he said he didn't want too. He sighed resting his head on the bar thinking the walk home was gonna be trying. After he gathered his thoughts he looked up and say his boss walk in. "oh shit". Finian got up quickly trying to gather his things. Daniel was the last person he wanted to see in this state. Especially after how he acted today. Maybe he'll apologize when he has to go in the office. He lifted the bag putting the strap on his shoulder and was preparing to walk out the door when he knocked over his drink Finian wanted to cry. He grabbed a bunch of napkins trying to sop it up and cursing to himself.

- - - Updated - - -

The male had a long day and the last thing on his mind was work. The male shook his head, the thoughts that he had fired Al earlier, was getting to him. He was having second thoughts.

The male was known to be more or less impulsive in whatever he did. The last thing he wanted to do was caused more headache for himself. Today was his day to drink as much as he wanted. It was a Friday evening, that he wanted to forget and soon. And what better chance to do that than to drink for free at a friend's pub. Not only a friend, but a best friend. The male couldn't wait and casually twisted the doorknob, walking in and immediately spotted the male. The male was casually drying glasses and laughing away with a female customer, not a care in the world and a breath of fresh air for the working male. Between work and his daughter, the male was burnt. Burnt, because he was starting from the ground up after his dream home went up in flames one year prior. Now, a single father with a young daughter, the male was thrust into single parenthood. He looked at Marc laughing away, made him smile.

'Typical Marc, flirting with anyone in his field of vision,' the male lightly chuckling to himself. He continued forward, taking off his jacket and grins, "Yo, wassup," the male smiled as he walked over to the counter. It wasn't until he heard a glass falling over that made him look in the other direction.

'Finian?!' The last thing on the male's mind was the awkward freelance artist, he had met just hours before. The male couldn't help but to laugh, when he saw how awkward the other was, bringing unnecessary attention to himself. The other was fascinating, it was almost like looking at a train wreck, but in a good way. Something new to the male.

Finian swore under his breathe when he heard his name. He finished cleaning up the liquor and stumbled over to where Daniel was sitting. "H-hi sir, forgive me for my condition. I've been here for awhile and well..." He looks away feeling his face heat up. God the man was too hot for his own good. Not being in his right mind could lead to trouble. "Um well it was nice to see you again. Enjoy the rest of your evening". Finian turned and headed to the door trying not to pass out. Whether it was from being drunk or embarrassment, he couldn't tell but he really wanted to get out before he had the chance to find out.

The male didn't expect the other to come walking up to him, with alcoholic breath. He was a mess. The male was embarrassed to even be associated to the man standing in front of him with disheveled hair and half buttoned shirt. It was a horrible sight. "Fin-" the male started, "You. You need to go home. I can't have an employee of mine tarnish my name or the company's name."

"H-hi sir, forgive me for my condition. I've been here for awhile and well..."

"So you're admitting that you don't care about the assignment I assigned to you earlier?"

The male looked at the other waiting for a response, but it seems like the other was too out of it to even comprehend what was asked. He watched the other smile and wave, "Um well it was nice to see you again. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

'Grief! I fired someone for submitting their assignment late and now I'm here witnessing someone else's worst and unruly behavior. The world must be working against me?!'

The other barely got out the door and the male didn't know how to react. 'If I let him go home like that, who knows what would happen to him.' Sighed.

"Maybe, I should just follow him home?"

'Maybe?'

Finian sighed as he started to walk home. God he couldn't believe his new boss caught him at a vulnerable moment like that. He was upset at himself for being stupid so stupid. By the time he was half way home his mood plummeted and he was depressed. It doesn't take much for him to think badly of himself and he heads home upset. While walking he felt someone behind him but he never inquired. When he got home he closed the door sliding down to floor. There he laid his head on his knees and sighed. He was upset with himself for being stupid. Still sitting on the floor he reached for his wallet. He always kept a blade in there for moments like this. Feeling like he was gonna choke on self loathing he grabbes the blade contemplating if he would use it.

- - - Updated - - -

The male decide to follow the other home. Along the way he wanted to intervene in the wobbly wishy washy talk and how mess of a deal walking home in the dark of night, but for some reason they male chose not to.

He tailed the other, watching his every mood and for some reason the male found enjoyment in the deed. Watching the other fail was amusing to him. He found himself laughing at the silliest of things. After all he did take pleasure in other's pain.

When the males snapped out of his stalkerish mind. He male found himself at the footsteps of the other's door. He was debating whether or not if he should knock.

The male was stunned, the place looked like a mess from what he could see. 'I guess it couldn't be helped. After all the male was a mess and this shouldn't even be a surprise to me.'

The male grew up with things handed to him on a silver platter. This was not suitable for his palette, he was disgusted.

He gritted his teeth. 'I wonder if he's alright? He did look like he was sick. If something happens to him, I would be at fault because I was the last one that saw him...' The male balled up his fist and pounded on his thigh. He was getting irritated. He was under pressure. He didn't want to come off as stalker, stalking his employees. "Tch."

'I wonder if he's alone?'

He fiddled with the blade. whipping it in the air and tossing it around in his hand. He threw it in the air and caught it with his fingers and made a quick swipe on his arm. The blood seeped out slowly dripping on the floor and he smiled a sad smile to himself. He sat still watching as he finally felt some of the self loathing stress dissipate in to nothingness. He was still feeling bad but it wasnt as suffocating like before. Laying his head back against the door he made a few more cuts and groaned at the last one as it went a bit deeper than the others. "Shit"! He should have known doing something like this when he was intoxicated was never good but he didnt care. Wasn't the 1st time and it won't be the last. The time before he nearly had a close call slicing right across his wrist. And no matter how he tried to stop the blood it wouldnt stop. He had stumbled out of his apartment and collapsed in the street. Someone took pity on him and dialed 911 and he ended up spending a week in the hospital. Now he sits here on the ground holding his arm. Looks like the same event is going to occur. He scoots his way up into the standing position and opens the door. When he flung the door open he saw his boss and his eyes widen.