Position
    Secret
    Credits
    kjyc Inventory
    Strawberry Strawberry Singers - G-Dragon Sebastian Michaelis

The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert LGBT movie review

Themes: Drama,Romance,Comedy,Gender Bender, Drag queens

Plot:
    This is the story of three drag queens from Sydney on their journey to Alice Springs to do a show.
    Their names are:
    Tick aka Mitzi Del Bra, Bernadette Basinger (who is a transsexual) and Adam aka Felicia Jollygoodfellow.

The three are going to do a show for Anthony's (Tick) friend Marion. The trip takes four weeks through rural/desert Australia. Along the way they perform and are met with different trials. Then name the bus "Priscilla Queen of the desert." The find the local
    indigenous people accepting and others not so as they are jeered at Adam is bashed and the bus is vandalized. Along the way they pick up a mechanic who helps them. As they finally reach their destination- a shocking secret is revealed about Anthony. As they come to terms with it- they also begin new relationships.

Review:

Maybe because i'm from Australia i'm just partial but this is an awesome movie! There are parts that are serious and parts that are definitely inappropriate but this is more a comedy than anything else! This movie was the clincher for Lgbt movies in Australia but i'm not sure how other cultures would view it- it might be useful to look up the locations of the tour to give you an idea of what people in those areas are like. Anyway its really good :P

I recommend (if you can access this) to watch the Australian series I Will Survive that is based on this film.

If you do you'll get to see this guy in drag:

Rating:

2. The following user likes this post by kjyc:

YO Host
    Position
    Seme
    Credits
    Orient Inventory

Re: The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert LGBT movie review

Good fun story! I also watched it on stage x

Position
    Seme
    Credits
    erikavendetta Inventory
    Nikiforov Victor Clear Victor & Yuri AoClear

I love this film! It was recommended to me by my university professor a few years ago and I really enjoyed it. Hugo Weaving is the man... or woman!

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    bunny-blu Inventory
    Eiri Yuki Shindou Shuichi

I had such a blast watching this movie! The songs, the costumes! And all the crazy bizarre things they get up to!
    Oh and of course Hugo Weaving and Terence Stamp did such a wonderful job of bringing the characters to life. It's a great movie for when you're in the mood for fun and karaoke! ^^

Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles