What do you think about shotas?

yaoi_hoshi

Ok, so let's talk about shotas. I was surprised to see such a difference between the way some people react towards shotas. I mean, I know a lot of persons who can't stand them and find them really disgusting due to the age of the characters, and ppl who are desperately searching for a new shota, an even hotter and most explicit one than those which they've seen before.

So, what's your opinion on shotas?

To say my opinion, I personally don't find shotas to be disturbing, but I don't like them either. Never, ever a shota could be my favorite manga ar anime. I've seen Boku no Pico and Shounen Maid Kuro-kun, but I couldn't find anything appealing in them. Then I was like "What a waste! The actions are pretty hot, but those kids spoil it all!". I think Boku no Pico could have been one of my favorite anime if they were men, not kids...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Macys

• lotusflower

• Nena21

• 鼠ドル

Shotas... I don't have anything against shotas. I kinda liked Boku no Pico and Shounen Maid Kuro-Kun was pretty funny... But, as you said, I didn't find them apealling either. I would always prefer a hot, well-built guy, like Asami from Viewfinder, for example, acting as pervert as he can with another hot AND mature guy, like Akihito. :hamtaro-005 (6):

I like shotas. they don't depress me at all, I find them cute and funny. Shounen Maid Kuro Kun was sooo funny and Boku no Pico, Pico to Chico were very explicit, so I loved them <3

I have absolutely nothing against shota. I do not go out of my way to search for it either, except for one of my favorite pairings -- Sebastian x Ciel. I actually really like Boku No Pico, mostly because I find the animation very well done. When I come across a shota manga, if I get interested in the story and/or the art, at least one, I'll read it. I won't read it just for the fact that it is shota. I do not dislike at all, the majority of the time, but I do not make it one of my priorities in yaoi.

Also, I absolutely agree with Macys about Asami & Takaba. My favorite couple ever~:Red_fox:

@ JenovaVII

Yeah, they are hot, Asami and Akihito, aren't they? One of the hottest couples EVER!!!

I also love Sebastian x Ciel, but never thought that pairing involves shota, but you're right, it does, because of Ciel... :hamtaro-005 (8):

• 1 month later...

I just feel like a pedo when I watch 'em T_T

I mean I both like it and really, really don't... So I can't stand them.

• 2 weeks later...

i used to hate it(the idea didnt sit well in me) but then i actually watched/read something shota and i found it wasnt that bad...cute i suppose

now i dont really care if i come across shota i wont mind reading it but i still prefer older guys

Shotas don't really bother me. If the storyline is interesting and cute then I don't mind watching/reading them :) But if it's not really story driven and just sex then it can be harder to enjoy because I just feel like pedophile lol

• 2 months later...

First time I read Okane ga Nai, it shocked me.Ayase (even being 20)is so small and seems so young and innocent and Kanou is so tall, strong, so manly in comparaison with Ayase, it was so violent the first time that it was an abuse to me. Let me say it was my first shota. Later, I've seen others & were less shocking, maybe because I knew what I was going to find.

But I rather prefer same age couples.I love well-built mature men, like Yoshioka & Oosawa from Sorenari ni shinken nadesu or Hiroki & Nowaki...

I'm not a fan of shota and I don't go around searching for it.

I don't crave for it even.

However, I am a big fan of a good story and good imagery.

And there are shota manga/anime titles out there that have both these components to them.

However, I am partial to the shota characters who are strong-willed, who fight back, who know what they want, and expressive.

I'm also partial to bunny ears. Okay..that's a fetish. LOL

I don't like shota characters who are too clingy, needy, useless and way too submissive and dependent. For me, that kills the story.

I can't even tolerate that in BL/yaoi manga/anime.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hmmm....shotas aren't a personal favorite of mine....although I'm more interested in the stories because they're pretty good...ages put aside...that's why I can only watch shotas once because after that I'm like weirded out...not disgusted...just really weirded out....ehehe...but the stories I like....

• 2 months later...

I dont go searching for shotas either, but they can be very good too. like others say here if the story is good and its well drawn then i like it. I liked boku no pico -- that was the first shota I read -- because It's really done well. I think the way its written and drawn is so good.

Also because Im a boy that started messing around with other boys when I was younger I kind of don't think its so weird to have a story about that

• 1 month later...

i agree with kanji and katakana guy whose name i cant read i feel like the world biggest pedo watching tem and im not really old but what ACTUALLY IS A SHOTA its strange that why i feel like i have rape star eyes and bear ears i dont mind them or find eople who watch them creepy its opinion i guess BUT i dont really like them the plots are pointless and its usually a creepy old guy molesting a little boy yoyo6

• 8 months later...

I love shota! XD

I love the far gap age between seme and uke,

I think it just so sweet that the seme always protect the uke and do the right thing or responsible to the uke he loves, ;D

that's why I love Miyagi/Shinobu from Junjou Romantica, :D also sometimes relationship between the two (adult seme and teen uke) is funny to read and feel,

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus