Key

We have added a new

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
for a better navigation. It also has a rating system and the chapters are separated from the comments.

We will be removing the old 'Library of Romance', so, all those who have posted fictions in that section, please copy them and move them in the new Fiction category (you can find it in the navbar, under the banner of the forum)

Please, before posting,

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Like 16

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• yojichan

• Belita

• Morinaga's Girl

I love the new system a lot! It makes it very easy to read the fanfic and you don't have to search for the new chapter between comments :D

Hello Key!

i think this is a brilliant idea.

it's more organized and focused.

i'm sorry i haven't started on moving any of my stuff yet because i've been offline for a week and i'm also not feeling too well either.

however, i do have a few questions...when you said Library of Romance will be removed..what will become of all the comments that were left by the readers? will they be deleted too? will there be some way to be able to still access them?

how about those stories that were not actually posted on the forum but only have links to another site where the members can read them, should the author copy paste everything and repost them in the new fiction system?

thanks so much. :)

@ Yojichan

Thank you, I'm glad you like the system, the idea was to keep more organized the fiction section and users to be able to read easier without having to search for the new chapters between comments. In the new system comments are separated, displayed under the fiction (:

when you said Library of Romance will be removed..what will become of all the comments that were left by the readers? will they be deleted too? will there be some way to be able to still access them?

The system is new, since yesterday, so I am still working on it and thinking how it would be the best. Yes, if I delete that section all the comments will be lost. But, as Belita said, when a new fiction will be added, it won't appear in the latest posts, so members on the forum won't be notified. So, I was thinking to leave the Library of Romance and when a new fiction is posted (in the new Fiction system, of course), the writer could open a thread in the Library of Romance with the title of the new Fiction and in the post to include a link to where the fiction can be read. And do the same each time they add a new chapter.

This way, I'd delete the old fictions already moved in the new Fiction section and leave only a link to them and the existing comments, so that they wouldn't be lost.

how about those stories that were not actually posted on the forum but only have links to another site where the members can read them, should the author copy paste everything and repost them in the new fiction system?

If I don't delete that section, those threads will remain unchanged.

• Like 3

Thank you Key, sure looks like a good idea... :)

Posting the link of the fic in "Library of Romance..."

I have another, little, doubt...

Why won't it let me post another chapter? :p

It keeps telling me i exceeded the limit of 60 minutes to edit the fanfic...

Is supose to be like that, when will it become available again...? O_o

Thanks for all your hard work on this... :)

• Like 1

:D

Ok i'll see if i can post it now :p

I was starting to think you people got tired of my crazy stuff and just simply forbade me of posting anything else XD

Thanks again Key ;)

P.S - It woks great now :D Thank you... :)

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the prompt reply, Key.

very much appreciated. :D

whew! i am actually relieved that i haven't written anything new yet when the NFS has been in effect.

i understand the NFS is still very new and will need some getting used to for the authors and readers.

if i may suggest a few things..

i really hope that the Library of Romance remain despite the authors having to move the stories/poems to the NFS.

my reason for this are the comments.

the stories can be reposted anywhere but the comments are really special between the writers and readers.

i for one is very communicative with every reader

the comments are very special and have become a source of inspiration to me as a writer and i'm sure the other writers view the comments in a similar manner and to have them deleted would be really heartbreaking.

but i really absolutely understand the need for the NFS to put the fics/poems in order.

from a reader's perspective, this would be very convenient to read and without the hassle of wondering where the next chapter is or whether it's an ongoing series or a oneshot and without having to go through pages just to find the next chapter posted.

i would like to suggest that if possible the library of romance be a closed thread instead of being deleted entirely.

it will be the responsibility of each author to move their stories to the NFS and leave a link to direct their readers to NFS. this link will be done only once, that way the readers will be encouraged to check them out. however as Bel pointed out new chaps won't reflect on the updates so pretty much this will be good for the oneshots/completed series and poems.

so basically only those stories/poems that have been moved will now become a closed thread. if the author is a mod then they have the ability to close the thread and if not, then they should inform the mod that the story/poem thread is to be closed.

if new readers would like to leave comments, they will be referred by the author thru a link directing them to the NFS.

what i'm trying to say that by closing the thread would hopefully encourage a habit for the readers to use the NFS more.

i have another question....when the stories are reposted at NFS...does this also allow images or just pure text?

i tend to include images in my stories...so i was wondering if this was still possible to do or maybe a code we need to include manually or something..?

also can there be like a big announcement posted on the Library of Romance with a link directing everyone to the NFS?

also would it be okay for authors to just post links on the NFS to their stories from the Library of Romance instead of copy-pasting entire chapters? i was just thinking it would be faster this way. then all ongoing stories, the new chapters should be posted on NFS.

the copy-pasting should only apply to oneshots and poems.

oh i also noticed there is no thread for poems in the NFS yet, would it be okay to add one to with 18+ and 18- category (original and fandom-related)

thank you very much, Key. i'm so sorry if i may have appeared confusing....i'm really hoping i got my message across. please allow me to explain further if you need me to. you continue to do so many amazing things for YO, we're truly grateful. :)

• Like 1

@ yojichan

Thank you for the suggestions (:

After the authors move the completed fictions or oneshots, we'll close those threads. Each time an author posts a new fiction in the new system, they will have to open a thread in the Library of Romance to announce the fiction was posted, with a link to that fiction. They will also have to post each time they add a new chapter.

I'll make a section in the sidebar especially for the Fiction section.

i have another question....when the stories are reposted at NFS...does this also allow images or just pure text?

Yeah, both images and emoticons are allowed, exactly like in the old fiction section.

also can there be like a big announcement posted on the Library of Romance with a link directing everyone to the NFS?

Yes, of course, I'll do that (:

also would it be okay for authors to just post links on the NFS to their stories from the Library of Romance instead of copy-pasting entire chapters?

No, exactly that's the idea, for the stories to be easy to read. So it would be pointless to direct them back to the old Fiction section, where they have to search for the chapters between comments.

Also, in the new Fiction system there are allowed only fictions to be posted, no links to the old section and no links to other sites where the author has posted a fiction.

oh i also noticed there is no thread for poems in the NFS yet, would it be okay to add one to with 18+ and 18- category (original and fandom-related)

Poems will remain where they are, because they are easily read, since they don't have chapters (:

• Like 2

hello Key!

wow! thank you so much! you're so awesome as always.

thank you for the very satisfactory replies to my queries..i am now much more enlightened and inspired.

i have already moved a oneshot successfully and have closed the thread at the LOR.

i am now working on moving another completed series.

i'm still trying to get used to all this but so far so good! yay!

thank goodness, i only have one series ongoing. hehehe!

the NFS is very, very helpful indeed. :D

UPDATE:

I have moved all my stories to the NFS.

I have also closed my story threads and left links to direct everyone to their new locations. :)

• Like 1

New NFS huh? Looks like I'll have to move my stuff over soon too. I'm running on limited time right now online but I'll do my best to switch my work over within the next couple of days.

• Like 2