yojichan

Oh wow.

I am still reeling from excitement after having watched Junjou (Pure Heart) early this morning.

OMG! OMG!

Again I would like to thank Key, Saga and Midori for making it all possible for us to watch in English sub. Amazing!

I've been wanting to watch this film for months and for some reason I'm unable to do so and finally I got the chance this time and I'm absolutely grateful and happy.

I am completely and utterly impressed with Tochihara Rakuto who plays Tozaki. He really was the most unexpected to me because I do not know him. The only person I know in Junjou is Yuta Takahashi.

jadlsp.jpg

He is a complete delight to watch and he's so freaking ADORABLE! Through the entire time of the movie, he's the one I could not keep my eyes off. He really propelled the film. Very strong. Very convincing. His laughter and his tears padded so nicely and it really worked all throughout. I had the strongest desire to just hug him right there and then. He was able to evoke that kind of reaction from me. I'm sure some of the viewers have felt such similar feelings as well.

This actor really is someone special. He's so good. I like him. I am so happy I got to watch his performance.

As for Yuta Takahashi. His portrayal of Kurata leave a lot to be desired. I wanted to so much to like him for the sake of his role in Takumi-kun 2 since I'm such a fan of the series. But I could not unfortunately. However, his role as the tragic Suzuki Takeshi of Takumi-kun 2 was quite nice. But as Kurata, he seemed a bit awkward and stiff and a bit too self-conscious of the camera.

The actor who plays Tozaki's senpai Miyata and ex-lover was quite good. His name is Mitsuyoshi Shinoda. I was like...OMG! now THAT'S a SEME right there. He and Tochihara seemed more comfortable with each other. He's so cool and in control and at the same time very convincing in his role. I was so impressed. I'm glad he plays a major role in the movie. Although I know that it may seem kind of mean for me to think that I wished he assumed the role of Kurata instead of Yuta. Perhaps the whole thing would have been so much different because Kurata's personality is aggressive and Yuta was somehow very careful in those scenes. Maybe Shinoda would have handled those scenes with much vigor and realism. He has a much much better chemistry with Tochihara than Yuta did. My favorite scenes of the film was when he and Tochihara were together. YAY!!!

8de1677a4aadc3f416a9661083e181921296827645_full.jpg

The story is quite simple really. It's not anything so complicated. It has a feel-good appeal to it. I'm not gonna drop any spoilers for those who haven't watched it yet and I totally recommend that you do so. One thing I could say though is it's a keeper! A definite keeper. As much as a BL fan I am, I do not deem everything as keepers but this one has that value. I'm really happy I got to watch it. It has repeatable factor.

• Like 7

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yojichan

• robertita

• Sloan

• DeepBlueSea_03

I watched this movie a while back and i thought that it was so sweet and cute!! >U

i totally agree with you about Yuta Takahashi being stiff and awkward, it felt a bit weird when i was watching it...

Tochihara Rakuto is so adorable! if you wanted to know or haven't watched it he plays Seto Ageha in RH Plus (light BL JDrama)

Hai hai ^^ I watched it a while ago and really enjoyed it, but I'm gonna watch it again soon to see the new subs.

(there goes my perfect # posts)

I watched this movie a while back and i thought that it was so sweet and cute!! >U

i totally agree with you about Yuta Takahashi being stiff and awkward, it felt a bit weird when i was watching it...

Tochihara Rakuto is so adorable! if you wanted to know or haven't watched it he plays Seto Ageha in RH Plus (light BL JDrama)

oooh! thanks so much for the heads up. i haven't watched that series yet.

will check it out soon. i wanna watch more of Tochihara. gyaaah! i watched Junjou for the second time and he's SO CUTE!!! OMG! sooooper ADORABLE!

i wanna pinch his cheeks and hug him. arrrrr!!!

uhm..i also noticed something with Yuta....his role as Kurata is supposed to be a chainsmoker.

but i don't think Yuta pulled it off.

if you're a smoker...you don't hold a cigarette like he did. even with the way he lights it and puts it in his lips...naaah! it's almost like he's afraid of the cigarette.

okay i'm off to start reading the manga. YAY!!!

OMIGOSH..

now that i started..i am MORE convinced the actor Mitsuyoshi Shinoda should have played Kurata.

Hai hai ^^ I watched it a while ago and really enjoyed it, but I'm gonna watch it again soon to see the new subs.

(there goes my perfect # posts)

the new subs were great! :D

this is the first i've watched it in english sub and the movie itself.

i kept holding myself back from watching it when there was no english sub despite how tempted i was.

i also finished reading the manga and may i say...

Tochihara played the role of Tozaki so much better than its original manga version.

i just watched it .... so sweet

Tochihara Rakuto was really great and adorable

in my opinion, he made the drama more emotional

oh yes, i absolutely agree with you he made the drama definitely more emotional.

gyaah! i watched it THREE times already and i STILL cannot get over how wonderfully adorable he is.

the way he portrayed the character is so good. it wasn't weak at all.

i love all the facial expressions he made and the way he approached Yuta at the bus stop.

It was like he was making his school bag pull him towards Yuta. waaaaaah! SO CUTE!!! yet it added a strong realism to it because that can really happen for someone who's shy with the person he likes.

so cute Tochihara!

you're my favorite hamster! (pinches cheeks)

• Like 1

I haven't watch this movie yet but it's in my DL list already... just a bit far... hehhe... So, I can't comment with the plot for now...

I've known Tochihara Rakuto from Kamen Rider Hibiki... He was just a kid back then... haha! Then RH Plus... As far as I could remember, he's also in Aquarian Age Live-Action which I don't know where to find... He's really a great actor!

Yuta Takahashi? I don't know... I don't like him that much in general... ^_^"

And I'm so surprised about Mitsuyoshi Shinoda! Those who are TeniMyu fans, could you remember him??? He's Yanagizawa of St. Rudolph... The one who always says "da ne?"

I'll definitely watch it!

i think its not perfect they can make it better with most s...x and scences with jealous and love

i totally agree. the movie wasn't perfect. and yes it could have done a lot better with the intimate scenes where they're supposed to show jealousy and love. but that's the thing...Yuta Takahashi so failed in these respects because he's the one who's supposed to be bringing it. I almost feel bad for Tochihara because he's really trying to work with Yuta here but Yuta is not doing his part of the deal convincingly. TOCHIHARA IS SUCH A CUTIE!!!

I haven't watch this movie yet but it's in my DL list already... just a bit far... hehhe... So, I can't comment with the plot for now...

I've known Tochihara Rakuto from Kamen Rider Hibiki... He was just a kid back then... haha! Then RH Plus... As far as I could remember, he's also in Aquarian Age Live-Action which I don't know where to find... He's really a great actor!

Yuta Takahashi? I don't know... I don't like him that much in general... ^_^"

And I'm so surprised about Mitsuyoshi Shinoda! Those who are TeniMyu fans, could you remember him??? He's Yanagizawa of St. Rudolph... The one who always says "da ne?"

I'll definitely watch it!

anou...this is the first time I am seeing Mitsuyoshi actually because I am not a Tenmiyu fan. All I cared about is how convincing his portrayal was in Junjou as an ex-lover. I could really feel how much of a seme he is here. He established eye contact first with Yuta's character. That says a lot. Man...I really wish they swapped roles with Yuta instead. Mitsuyoshi would have played the role so much better.

I have watched Yuta in other BL films but I must say Takumi-kun 2 was the ONLY role he played well enough for its demand. He cannot pull off complicated roles than this. He's way too stiff..too awkward.

Hahahhaha...yojichan u're infected by Pure fever...and this time another Junjou...

Well... i watched this movie before and I must say Tochihara Rakuto is as cute as always...lol

I knew him since RH Plus and this time he became an adult.. [shonen ai ---> Yaoi...]

The movie is quite good but as yojichan said the main problem is Yuta Takahashi...

Dammit!!!! why won't he improve his acting skills???

He's been that stiff since Taiikukan Baby...

I think he looks quite arrogant...=='''

and somehow he that strong aura as an envious seme...

He should be tougher with his expression and show more guts...

I think the real is he should be a possessive type of boyfriend..

but unfortunately he failed to express his own character very well...

but after all..

Tochihara Rokuto is as cute as ever!!!

I still remember his spoiled character is RH Plus...

My face is cramping whenever i think how cute he is in that movie..^______^

• Like 1

OMG! I KNOW, RIGHT? XD

i am soooooooooooooooper infected by it.

i think i'm gonna call Tochihara ~ Tochihamu! because he so look like a cute hamster. -pinches-

i started watching the trailer of RH Plus. it is a little cheesy because the special effects are not too great but i watched the first part of the first episode on YT and i must say there's something cute about it.

mmmmmmmm...TOMATO JUICE! hahahhahahah!!!

it looks like he has a nice chemistry with his partner too. weeeeeeeee!!!

i'm gonna watch the series, yakusoku! :)

oh Yuta! Yuta! Yuta Takahashi. i totally agree with you on that he did not improve his acting skills.

Junjou could have been 100% for me if only Yuta acted properly. >__

i know! i watched Taiikuan Baby too and yes, he's so stiff there.

He was also kinda stiff in Takumi-kun 2 but i just think that it's okay since that's how his character is supposed to be and it worked for that role ONLY.

but i did not expect he would still be so stiff in Junjou! gyaaaaaaah!!!! NANI??? O___O

he so fail as a seme. i'm so sorry. @__@

i don't wanna watch him in any films where he plays lead actor ever again. lesson learned!

i don't wanna see him do a movie together with my Tochihamu!

honestly...i could not look at him in Junjou. my eyes were totally glued to Tochihara and Shinoda the whole time. that's where i feel a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...
anou...this is the first time I am seeing Mitsuyoshi actually because I am not a Tenmiyu fan. All I cared about is how convincing his portrayal was in Junjou as an ex-lover. I could really feel how much of a seme he is here. He established eye contact first with Yuta's character. That says a lot. Man...I really wish they swapped roles with Yuta instead. Mitsuyoshi would have played the role so much better.

I have watched Yuta in other BL films but I must say Takumi-kun 2 was the ONLY role he played well enough for its demand. He cannot pull off complicated roles than this. He's way too stiff..too awkward.

Mitsuyoshi is a really good actor even though his role is just small... And I definitely agree with you that they should've swapped roles... I actually can't feel much of his acting... T_T"

Hahahhaha...yojichan u're infected by Pure fever...and this time another Junjou...

Well... i watched this movie before and I must say Tochihara Rakuto is as cute as always...lol

I knew him since RH Plus and this time he became an adult.. [shonen ai ---> Yaoi...]

Tochihara Rokuto is as cute as ever!!!

I still remember his spoiled character is RH Plus...

My face is cramping whenever i think how cute he is in that movie..^______^

Rakuto, as you said, cute! He played his roles well... whether it person with strong personality or a weakling... he really did a great job... He's the main reason why I watched RH Plus...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Junjou 3 days ago, I like this this drama it has simple story not too much complicated problem but sweet..

I lil bit disappointed with Yuta, he's act too stiff. It looks like he doesn't have lots of facial expression all look a bit forced especially his smile... I'm curios why they don't choose Shinoda as Kurata, I think he's better suited...

For Rakuto, I'm speechless.... He just too Adorable & super Cute, he's act is perfect! Poor uke, but still cheerful even his love unrequited. I like when he's crying it's so natural & real, it looks he's really hurts by his boyfriend attitude who doesn't trust him....

But overall this drama is great, for you who haven't watch it I suggest you to watch it right now......yoyo1

• Like 1

I must say that the more I am watching Tochihara Rakuto I am getting more and more amazed by this guy.

He has so many facets.

He can be strong. He can be weak. He can break your heart or make you shriek.

I survived watching five episodes of RH Plus because of his presence alone. He is the ONLY reason that makes it all worthwhile because I would never have spent my time watching such a series if only for those other actors.

Tochihara REALLY knows what he's doing. He has that nice balance.

I just noticed that even if he has a serious face, he naturally has a nice curl on his lips that makes him look like he's smiling.

He can be a hyper cutie pie or a serious one. He can really, really be very convincing.

I just came across this fanvid of him and now i am even more convinced i should be watching his other works.

I had to seriously stop myself from literally freaking out because everyone's asleep at home. T____T

OMG!!! I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE TOCHIHARA!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

He looks handsome here. i'm gonna bite a pillow now.

Aquarian Age.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Aquarian Age.

Is it the newest movie of Tochihara's, yojichan?

What is the story about?

Is it the newest movie of Tochihara's, yojichan?

What is the story about?

Hello Hana Chan!

Nope this is not a new movie. This was released in 2008.

From what I've read Junjou is Tochihara's recent work (2010)

I do not know about Aquarian Age other than this

But based on the fanvid, it looks interesting. I wanna watch more Tochihara. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I watched it a while ago even if I did not know what they said. To understand the movie I read the manga. It became one of my favorite movies just because the actor Tochihara Rakuto.

• Like 1

I watched it a while ago even if I did not know what they said. To understand the movie I read the manga. It became one of my favorite movies just because the actor Tochihara Rakuto.

oh wow! really?

that's so cool. so you watched Aquarian Age already.

i'm wondering if someone has english subbed this movie already.

i am very interested. i am really not into that much into the fantasy genre but if it's a good story, why not? and i wanna watch Tochihara MORE. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Have seen the movie Nana to Kaoru, yojichan? Our Tochihara is in it. I read more about the movie but I have not seen yet.

hello roberta!

no, sweetie! i have not seen it yet! OMG!! HE'S THERE TOO? KYAAAAAAAAAA!!! i am making a list of things to watch where Tochihara is. *giggles*

thank you so much for the heads up!

Tozaki my love~! hahaha...

Why is he sooooo adorable! I'll go insane if he smiles at me in real life....

He's so dreamy!

• Like 1

i wanna thank his parents for producing such a cutie pie!!! HE'S SO FREAKIN ADORABLE!!! GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

i am trying not to freak out as i go through his blog. T________T

i think i'm gonna watch Junjou again. I NEED MY RAKUTO FIX! LOL

WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY - just some evidence why Mitsuyoshi SHOULD HAVE been Rakuto's seme in Junjou and NOT Yuta

vlcsnap-2012-03-08-01h21m50s31.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-03-08-01h22m02s144.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-03-08-01h23m55s254.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-03-08-01h24m11s152.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-03-08-01h24m41s206.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-03-08-01h26m30s11.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-03-08-01h26m40s116.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-03-08-01h28m05s197.jpg

Bwahahahaha... yojichan, that snapshot is really awesome...^^

You take the nice scene from this movie yojichan, when Miyata trying to get Tozaki back to him....^^

You really right if Mitsuyoshi is better as a seme than Yuta... :)

Hehehe... yojichan, so you want to watch Junjou AGAIN? ^^

Same with me then, cause I watched it AGAIN last week...^^

• Like 1