[Haru's Amai]

Destiny.Fate

Summary: With an historical background, this is the story of Masamune and Shinomiya, of Tetsuya and Naoki. Masamune, owner of a shop, hires Shinomiya without knowing, the later is friends with Tetsuya who's the Naoki's object of admiration. A story full of action and mistery.

Hi everyone,

it's me DF again (hope i didn't bored everyone...) sharing something with everyone again. :) This time round, i'm not going to have any synopsis for [Haru's Amai]... :so you can just keep wondering... :D

Well, no sypnosis doesn't mean no intro...

:)

25u1uaa.jpg

2q1dohc.jpg

HAPPY READING!! :D

*NOTE: There will be usage of japanese names for certain items in the story. But don't worry, i will include footnotes for your better understanding. :D

• Like 7

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Destiny.Fate

• Aoi

• Matti_19

• Belita

Chapter 01

Spring Time.

Early in the morning, the warm sun shone brightly from the sky. Masamune Hikari thought of having a stroll outside his shop. Although his right eye was covered with an eye patch, it made Masamune look tougher instead of weak. Never did he imagine that he would see a ‘corpse’ lying around the moment he steps out.

Making a quick glance at the ‘corpse’, Masamune then looked straight ahead, and continued his stroll – towards the ‘corpse’. When his steps arrived at the 'corpse' side, not only did he not slow down his pace, he stepped over the ‘corpse’ – with increased strength - to get to the other side.

"Awwwww ----!" The ‘corpse’ groans as he stood up slowly. Of course, there were 2 footprints behind his back. "You ……"

"Don’t sleep outside of other’s shop early in the morning!" As he finished the sentence, he head straight forward right away.

"Uh..." Although the ‘corpse’ was weak, he watched Masamune left with his eyes still wide open. And in the end… He fainted once again.

=== === === === === ===

Masamune was back in the shop around evening time, he noticed a stranger in the house, holding a bowl piled up with food as high as a mountain.

"Who let him in?!" Masamune snapped.

At the same time, Midori and Naoki happened to stepped in and overheard the voice of Masamune.

"It was..." Midori was going to explain, but the stranger acted faster.

"I should leave. Thank you Miss for your hospitality, I’ll definitely remember your kindness and put them in mind." The stranger got up and left after he places the empty bowl down.

After the man left, Masamune entered the house and sat down by the table.

Naoki followed behind him and sat down obediently behind him.

"Young master, you should really do something to your temper… How are you going to take over the business like this? You better..." Gradually, Midori’s voice disappears. That was because she saw the winks which her younger brother, Naoki, was trying to sent her and the gradually darkening face of Masamune.

"... Do not let strangers come in and out freely; we are not having a charity house here. And... Call me master."

=== === === === === ===

After finishing his business meeting, Masamune was on the way home with Naoki. But as they come to a corner, Masamune took a turn and walk towards the other direction.

Again??? Naoki thought. Although he was puzzled, he’s didn’t the courage to question, all he could do was follow obediently. Finally, they reach a Sake House.

It was a small scale Sake House that was transformed from a small house. The furniture in it were simple and plain. Just standing by the door, they could see that there are a handful of customers, a blind lady singer, and an elderly playing the Shamisen* in it. As always, Masamune chose the corner seat and order some sake.

"Bang -" Slight commotions was aroused at the other corner of the house. Several burly physique men got up to go, as they kicked and topple the chairs and yelled. "Well... Looks like we can’t visit this drinking house anymore. Even the rich are here, what about us? Maybe to the streets?"

"Wahahahahaha --!" The man’s companion echoed around and laughed.

! ! ! These people are really…! "Hey! Do you know who are you talking to now? What’s with the rich and poor talk? Don’t rich people eat? Can’t rich people drink? Can’t the rich chat? Don’t the rich sleeps? Aren’t the rich human beings as well!! "Naoki got more and more excited, and his voice got louder and louder, he even did not know what he was saying.

Naoki’s momentum shocks the men a little and the other customers are also beginning take notice to their dispute.

"You... Don’t think you’re great just because you spoke loudly!" The man also shouted response. He could not bear losing to a kid!

"You..." Naoki wanted to continue, but Masamune raised his hand holding the Kiseru* to stop him.

"To talk loud doesn’t make us great… What makes me great is, all that’s needed for you to disappear from this town, is a ‘soft’ word from me."

As though he was totally worthless, he felt totally ashamed by Masamune’s words. All that’s left for the man to do was to leave an angry warning before he left. "You better watch out!"

"You haven’t changed. Have you?" It was the blind singer of the house. She was holding on to a bottle of Sake. She sat down beside Masamune and smile gently, at the same time, she held out an empty glass, signaling him to fill her glass. Masamune did not reply. All he did was filling her cup silently.

Who is this lady?? Why is young master listening to her?? Why would young master patronize this sake house so often?? Could it be due to… her?!

=== === === === === ===

The next day, Masamune get Naoki to run errands for him while he decided to go out for a stroll. As he walked, he passed by a stall by the road side selling snacks, Masamune naturally sat down at the chairs by the stall. A man who looks like the boss came up to ask for his order.

"What’s your recommendation?"

"How about trying our signature dish, Daifuku*?" Seeing that Masamune did not reject the idea, the man went behind the stall, and came out with a plate.

Masamune did not start eating immediately. He picks up a stick and held one of the Daifuku up, observing it before taking a bite. The boss was watching Masamune as well. Intuitionally, he felt that Masamune isn’t someone simple, hence he didn’t move away, he just stood by Masamune, waiting to accept his praise.

Surprisingly, one bite is all that Masamune does. Before he leaves, he puts the Daifuku back to the plate and place the money beside the plate.

The boss was puzzled. His stall’s Daifuku is a very well known dish where many come from far just to get a taste of it. But this person…

"Excuse me sir... " To clear his doubt, the boss ran after Masamune. "Can I ask, was the taste not suitable for you?"

"…" Masamune pause and thought for a while. "Tasteless."

=== === === === === ===

Bamboo Garden.

Unknowingly, as Masamune stroll, he came to a bamboo garden.

Suddenly, he felt the change in the surrounding. He’s not alone. Sure enough, moments later, a group of people appeared and stand in front of him. "Boy, I told you to watch out."

It turned out to be those thugs from yesterday. Masamune did not want to have much contact with these people. He looked at them for a second and walked around them to continue his stroll.

"Damn." Noticing that Masamune is not taking them seriously, their leader - that guy who spoke yesterday – became very furious. "Get him!"

Masamune glance back after hearing them. When he saw them armed with weapons, he knew that he had underestimated them. Unexpectedly, another figure appeared and stood in between of him and the thugs. Even with Masamune’s height of 5 feet 6, he still seems short as compared to the guy infront of him. Facing those thugs calmly, the man slowly retrieves his Wakizashi* from his waist. Not only that, one by one, he defeated those who were preparing to attack Masamune.

When those thugs ran away, Shiroyama Izumo kept his Wakizashi immediately. As he wipes the sweat from his forehead, he turned to look at the person who came close to being attacked. Never did he expect to be shocked in that way. He was somewhere nearby when he heard some commotion, so he came to take a look. Of all people, this guy was someone he has never predicted to save… The guy who left the footprints on his back the other day!

i6xo3p.jpg

Masamune looked at those who fled; he shook his head, and began to move forward again.

!!! This… This guy!!! He didn’t even bother to say thank you before he leaves?! "You… You ungrateful guy! Next time when you are in trouble, let’s see if I’ll help you again! " Humph! Like a kid throwing tantrum, Shiroyama also turned and went in the other direction.

To be Continued...

Writer's Note!

Shamisen - it's a kind of three-stringed Japanese instrument played with a plectrum called a bachi. Click

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
for the picture. :)

Kiseru - a Japanese smoking pipe traditionally used for smoking kizami, a finely shredded tobacco product. (for picture, just refer to post #1 picture in the spoiler) :)

Daifuku - is a Japanese confection consisting of a small round mochi (glutinous rice cake) stuffed with sweet filling, most commonly anko, sweetened red bean paste made from azuki beans. Click

Wakizashi - is one of the traditional Japanese swords worn by the samurai class in feudal Japan. Click

• Like 7

The story is so beautiful! :cuteonion46:

It was the man who was sleeping before his shop, right?

I like it so much!!!!!!!!!!! Both guys seems to have much proud. It will be interesting to see what happens next! :leaf15:

• Like 1

@Belita - Thanks!! I love your fic too and i'm waiting for them 'patiently'... XD

@Bridget - Yes, this time round it's a historical one... :D glad that you like it. OH! that's guy, he is....... (i shall not tell you.. :p )

@yaoifangirl - Thanks for liking the story!! :) the guy actually fainted instead of slept in front of the shop... haha!

@Belita - Thanks!! I love your fic too and i'm waiting for them 'patiently'... XD

@Bridget - Yes, this time round it's a historical one... :D glad that you like it. OH! that's guy, he is....... (i shall not tell you.. :p )

Meanie, meanie, meanie.... Brid wants to know >.

@Aoi- Thanks for liking it! :) I hope I wouldn't make you wait too long...

@Matti- we're always trying new things I guess... :) thanks for liking it... :)

• Like 1

Chapter 02

"I’m leaving." Just two words, Naoki hurriedly rush to follow Masamune. Young master seems to have arranged a business meeting during dinner today. How could he miss such a good chance! Of course I’m going too!

When they reach the well-known restaurant in town, a waitress led them into a private suite. The suite was simple yet elegant. Behind the sliding door, the table is situated in the center of the room. Opposite the door is the balcony, where you would be able to look out to the restaurant's backyard garden, fish pond and so on. Wooden folding screen* was placed on both the sides of the balcony, adding more essence of Zen to the suite.

Business partners were waiting for them in the suite; Masamune went ahead and sat down on the left side of the table, facing them directly. After discussing about business for a while, the waitress came in with tea and appetizers. At this point in time, commotions from the outside came in to the suite through the opened doors, and before long, the reasons for unrest came appears.

Now standing by the door, stood a man dressed in the uniform of the patrol team. "Sorry to bother. We are searching for a wanted criminal, and we need to search every single room."

"Wanted man? Who do you think looked like a wanted criminal here in this room?" Naoki rebutted bravely, and got up to the door, blocking the man off.

"Kid, I did not say whichever one present here is the wanted criminal we are looking for, but this does not mean that it’s impossible too. Moreover, we will..."

"You will? You will destroy my young master business meetings, his dinner atmosphere! Are you able to compensate for all this? Do you know who is sitting inside now? Coming here to search the rooms?! And hey! I am NOT a kid! I am seventeen years old! "

"You are..." Unreasonable! This guy really! Forget it! If that is the case, when you met the wanted guy, you can’t blame me for not helping!

"Since that’s the case, then forget it. Excuse me!" The man then turned towards the other patrol members and left. After walking some distance away from the suite, the man told one of his guys, “Get a few guys to guard that suite. Take note of those who went in and out of it."

In the suite, Naoki was feeling proud as he has sent away these uninvited guests. Walking back to his position by the balcony, the wooden folding screen suddenly falls on him! He didn’t even have a chance to clarify the situation; Naoki felt someone locking their arms on his neck. It was then he realized that there is a person hiding behind the screen all the time. "Ahhhhhhhh---! Get away from me! Let me go you bastard!"

=== === === === === ===

Only a few steps away, Tatsuya then heard screams coming out from ‘that’ suite. Almost at the same moment of hearing it, he ran back to their suite. And sure enough, the wanted criminal he was looking for is there, and now even held the kid hostage.

"Taro, let go of the kid, you have no way of escaping." As he speaks, Tatsuya retrieve his Tachi* from his waist.

"Why even bother talking to him?! Just come over and grab him!! And you, damn! Let me go!"

"Move away! Everyone, move away! Or else I’ll kill this kid!" His hand that is holding on to the weapon clenched tightly, Taro held the dagger close to Naoki’s neck and shouted.

"Hey Hey! Get that dagger to off me! If you injured my neck, I wouldn’t let you off easily!"

"Let go of the kid!" Tatsuya do not wish to compromise as well, his hands clenched tightly to his Tachi too.

"Let me gooooooooooo!!!!"

"Move —— Away——!" Taro, almost close to insane, began to move slowly. He walked along the wall behind Masamune, trying to reach for the door so that he could run away.

"Dammit! Do not yell into my ear!"

Tatsuya as well, moves slowly along the other side, trying to take this opportunity to get close to Taro to seize him.

"Are you guys playing mime?! Why are you guys walking around the table?! You! Save me now! You! Let me gooooooooooo!"

At this instant, Masamune, who has never shown any reaction – except for smoking on his Kiseru calmly – spoke: "Hmmm, that’s a lot of ashes..." Then, the hand that was holding on to his Kiseru flipped, and the ash in the Kiseru falls exactly on Taro’s hands.

"H…HOT!" The moment of surprise caught him. The hand grabbing on to Naoki loosen slightly, and Naoki took the opportunity to escape. At the same time, Tatsuya also took the opportunity to seize Taro! He jumped onto the table in the middle of the room, leaping across it, and pounced onto Taro. The hand that Taro was hold the dagger with was also smacked onto the wall by Tatsuya when he arrests him. As the dagger fall to the ground, it sent a clear ‘twink’, which is also the moment when Taro is subdued by Tatsuya.

His synthesis of the action had surprised and amazed all that was present – civilian or team members. Of which, the one who was most amazed, is probably Naoki.

=== === === === === ===

After developing new flavours, Haru’s Amai would usually give out free samples to their business partner as giveaways, evaluating the comments and response from the market.

As always, Midori is responsible for delivering these samples to their business partners. On the way to pay visit, she saw a hint of a familiar figure. It’s the guy who fainted the other day…

"Hey miss, do you recognize me?" Midori intended to ignore him, but he seems to have noticed her, she had no choice but greeted him as well.

"Yes, how are you."

"Thank you for that day, I’m really grateful."

"You're welcome." Feeling a little uncomfortable, Midori started to play about with the paper bag filled with Daifuku, on her hand.

"Ah? What is that? It seems heavy. Do you need me to help you?"

"!!! Oh no, its alright! This is our store’s new product. You ... Do you want to try it?" Midori said as she took out a beautifully wrapped Daifuku from the bag and handed it over to him. This guy, do I really have to offer him food every time I see him.

"Oh, sure."

As he opens up the package, he asked. "Sweet?"

"Yes." Still trying to be picky huh?!

Shiroyama place the soft Daifuku on his hand into his mouth. After savoring for a while, he suddenly said something that surprised Midori. "The red beans are from town A, right?"

How did he know that?! "Uh. That's right."

"Indeed, it is the finest red beans, but if it was from town C, it will taste better."

"What do you mean?"

The red beans from Town A is of the finest quality, however, it get soft and mashes very easily. If it’s from town C, you would still be able to taste the red beans clearly, not in the mashed state."

Towards the man standing in front of Midori, her evaluation of him improved greatly."Excuse me, you are working as..."

"Me? Oh, I do not have one..."

"Then ... would you like to come to our store to work?"

To be Continued...

Writer's Note!

Wooden Folding screen - it's a kind of decorations. Click

for the picture.

Tachi - is one type of traditional Japanese sword worn by the samurai class of feudal Japan. Click

for the picture.

• Like 6

Waaaa...full of action XD

I love it!!

(just a small note - Just absolutely loving the writer's notes....

Love both the images and the explanations).

Big big kiss :**

• Like 1

I liked a lot the chapter. Now I finally know where the names of the story comes from. :p I liked a lot the scene with the criminal..

Cograts!

• Like 1

@belita - it's the first time we try having actions scenes included... hope it wasn't too bad at all. :D

@matti - :D thanks thanks! that was one of my favorite scene as well! :)

@brid - Thanks! it's our first try! glad that you like it! :D

@cherry - You're welcome! Thanks for liking it too! :D

@Aoi - Thanks for liking this story!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 3

"Young master."

"Come in."

Midori walked into the bedroom of Masamune. He was doing the accounts for the day, so she knelt before him and said, "Young master."

"What is it?"

"I’ve hired a new person to help out in the store..." She said consciously.

"Oh. What’s the job scope?" Masamune responded expressionlessly.

"Food tasting. His sense of taste is rather great. This morning, I..." Midori went on about what has happened this morning. "… So, I asked if he would like to work in our shop."

"Alright." Masamune spoke without taking his sight off the accounts book.

"Young master you… have no issue with this do you?" Midori asked Masamune once again for confirmation. She do not wish to have him flaring up at her when ‘that’ time comes…

"No."

No issue it is! By that time, he will not be able to go back on his words anymore!

=== === === === === ===

"What are you doing here again?!" As Masamune enters the entrance of his shop, the first thing that came into his sight, was the man who was sleeping outside his shop the other day. The previous time he saw this man, he had a bowl full of rich on his hands. And now, the table in front of where the guy is seated at is filled with snacks from their shop!

"…" Uh… This should what Midori has mentioned to him, the “special first greetings” between him and the boss. Tsk! We have obviously met before. Besides, I even saved his live once for god’s sake! Yet I still have to play fool… Sigh… "Ahahaha, Hi Master, I’m Shiroyama Izumo. Today is the first day I’m working here, Yoroshiku-Onegaishima-su!"

Work?! So he is... Masamune no longer speaks. He just continues to look at Shiroyama with an expressionless face. The other employees in the shop have also halted their work at hand.

At this point of time, Midori happened to come in from the backyard and see the awkward situation between those two men, so she hurried to smooth things between them.

"Young master, do you remember? I had mentioned it yesterday... You said you did not have any issues..."

Masamune did not respond, he just slowly walk towards the backyard. Midori followed behind him, wondering was he was going to do, and Shiroyama diligently began his 'work' – food tasting.

Soon after, he heard the anxious voice of the Midori.

"Young master, Young master, please do not be reckless!"

Masamune came back from the backyard, carrying an axe on his hand, walking toward Shiroyama.

Curiosity dictates Shiroyama, he too probes to see what was going on. What the… He’s walking towards me with the axe? For??

"Bang!"

The atmosphere went silent. Masamune threw the axe onto the table in front of Shiroyama as he walks over. No one in the room dares to speak, and they’re all waiting for Masamune’s ‘verdict’.

Shiroyama held the chopsticks on hand, looked at the axe on the table, and then turn to look at Masamune confusedly.

"If you want to work here, just relying on your mouth is not enough. You’ve got to move your hands and feet as well. After you finish these, go to the forest behind the hill and collect some firewood back." Masamune left when he finished his sentence.

"Al... Alright…" Just getting some firewood back... Phewww…

The moment Masamune was gone, the other employees began to gossip.

"Aren’t we getting firewood from Yamamoto-jisan? He’s always sending us firewood regularly each week isn’t it?"

"Perhaps that forest has firewood of a better quality..."

"I’m starting to feel that young master is deliberately making things difficult for the new guy! His job obviously was only food tasting!"

"…" It was silence again. But the difference is that this time, the employees were all looking at the last speaker, thinking of the same thing. "You are really bold at your words, aren’t you..."

=== === === === === ===

"Ha!" Shiroyama was doing his job in the backyard diligently, cutting the woods that he has collected in to smaller pieces.

"Do you want to take a rest?" Midori also came to the backyard. Seeing that Shiroyama is working hard on his task, she can’t help but felt a little embarrassed. After all, young master he really is...

"It’s alright!" Shiroyama speaks as he used the back of his hand to wipe away the sweat on his head. "The sky looks a little overcast, I'm afraid if it rains, it’ll be bad if the firewood are soaked."

"Well then, take a rest after you’re done with this!"

"Sure!" After Midori left, Shiroyama went deeply in thoughts. Masamune Hikari, what kind of person is he exactly...

=== === === === === ===

Someday when Masamune went to the visit the shop, he spotted Shiroyama wandering around the shop. For the moment, another employee happened to pass by Masamune and was stopped by him. "What do you have to do now?"

"Uh... Fetch... Fetching of water…" He timidly replied as he thought he has made a mistake and offended Masamune.

"Find other things to do." Masamune then turned towards Shiroyama. "You. Go fetch some water."

Shiroyama was puzzle when he was suddenly called. "Me?"

"Or should it be me then?" Slightly raised his eyebrow, Masamune thought: Don’t want to do it huh!?

He’s angry again? Sigh. "No no. I’ll go, I’ll go."

"Shiroyama really is hard working."

"You think so? But nee-san, no matter how do I look at it, I still feel that one is willing to torture, and the other is willing to suffer…"

Midori and Naoki were both watching this from afar but they had different views to it.

=== === === === === ===

"Irashaimase! Ah!" Naoki was helping out in the shop today and when he saw the guest by the door, he exclaimed. It’s Tatsuya-nii!!

Ever since that day after he was saved by Sanada Tatsuya in the restaurant, Naoki worships him. He even manages to look for chance to talk to Tatsuya for a while. It turns out that he is the patrolling team’s taichou. Naoki thought: "Taichou-san huh... No wonder he’s so cool!"

Naoki was happy to see the Tatsuya that he worships, but at the same time, he’s a little worried too. He didn’t come here for the reward did he? God knows, he had made used of young master’s name when he wants to know his name, claiming that young master would like to reward him.

"Tat…Tatsuya-Taichou, Is... Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing, I am looking for someone." Even though he’s wearing civilian clothes, Tatsuya’s still has his tachi attached to his waist, allowing his majestic looks to overflow.

Looking for someone?? It can’t possibly that there’s another wanted criminal in our shop,could it!

"Did you see a man, about the same height as me, his hair color is of a lighter shading than mine..."

Naoki could not hear what was mentioned by Tatsuya afterwards. Because he realize that there really is someone who does meets those description... Shiroyama-nii?!! No, absolutely no! I will not allow Shiroyama-nii to be caught! "No! Everyone here in our shop is shorter than you! You... You should go to other places to look for him!"

"Uh. But..." That strange... I was told that this is the shop...

"No Buts! I said there is no such person here! You... You should go to the other shops, it would be bad if he got away! We are here doing legitimate business, you will not find whoever you are looking for..." Naoki do not wish to give Tatsuya any chance to speak, so he went on and kept talking.

At this point, Naoki saw Shiroyama coming back from the backyard after sweeping. No! I can’t let Shiroyama-nii be found!

"Go on! Go to the other shops as well!" Naoki said as blinks and wink towards Shiroyama who is standing behind Tatsuya, hoping that Shiroyama would return to the backyard immediately.

Unfortunately, Shoriyama did not understood his signal and was about to ask him what’s going on. Tatsuya at the same time also noticed what Naoki has been doing so he turned and looked back.

"You!"

"You!"

Tatsuya and Shiroyama both called out to each other when their eyes met.

"Ahhh! Shiroyama-nii, run! Run as far as you can and don’t turn back!" When Naoki saw the two had met, he hugged Tatsuya’s waist tightly – judging from Naoki height that reaches only to Tatsuya’s chest, if he do not hold him this way, Naoki couldn’t possibly have stopped Tatsuya for long.

Feeling Naoki’s ‘embrace’, Tatsuya’s body stiffen. This guy, is he an idiot? "Hey… Let go."

"No! Shiroyama-nii! Why are you still standing there for?! Run! Do you want to get caught?!"

"No... Naoki, you..."

"Boy." Calling out to Naoki, Tatsuya placed one of his hands on to those that were hanging on to him, and with a single pull, he broke out of Naoki's 'embrace'. "You want to stop me? Keep practicing. Moreover..." Tatsuya turned towards Shiroyama as he speaks.

"No! I will not let you captured Shiroyama-nii!" He then ran between Shiroyama and Tatsuya, blocking him off with his own body, trying hard not to let Tatsuya anywhere near Shiroyama.

"Naoki you don’t have to. In fact, I..."

"Just go! I cannot hold it much longer!" Shiroyama said something, but Naoki was absolutely not listening.

"Damn." Tatsuya cursed silently and then shouted at Naoki. "Baka! Izumo has been saying that the two of us are friend! Which of these word can you not understand?!"

"……" Naoki had completely freezed.

"Haha... Naoki, you haven’t been listening to me, have you?"

Friends... FRIENDS? Two of them are friends?!

To Be Continued...

• Like 8