Fragments Beyond Time (hal7283 & mik3la, private, 18+)

hal7283

All this time Keiko was silent and just watch the three talk and talk and talk. Something wasn't quite working. Even if one knew there were dark forces around, why risk the lives of its own people for that? Wasn't that against priests virtues or something? How could the old man talk so nonchalantly about those men being possessed to get the grip of a demon? How could a priest use innocent lives without them knowing it, just to allure a demon. 

When the other pulled his hand to drag him out he decided to not be silent anymore and stopped Hikaru from exiting the room. "I have one questions" he said turning towards the men but addressing to Hikarus father. 

"I understood you had a guardian. What happened to him? he asked keeping his eyes on the old man, wanting to see every emotion on his face, if he was going to leave one out. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hal7283

• mik3la

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hikaru was surprised when Keiko suddenly stopped in his track and turned to look back at the two. After hearing his question Hikaru let out a sigh and said: "Oh my dear Keiko... You can be quite dense sometimes, can't you?" Hikaru then reminded Keiko: "I did say my father's guardian's identity was complicated, didn't I?"

Reizen on the other hand seemed amused by the question, pulling Kouryu close he said with a smile: "You're looking at him, little Keiko. I am the one who drew the Sword of Heart from Kouryu's chest. That makes us fellow Guardians of the Mitsurugi Priests." He chuckled slightly and said: "Sadly my priest wouldn't let me go on adventures and protect him. He worries about me too much"

"You jest, your highness... It is my purpose is to protect you, not the other way around" Kouryu said with his usual poker face and continued: "In any case I suspect the demon would make its move soon. It will all be over before you know it."

"I'm sure it will." Reizen said before turning back to look at Keiko and asked: "Any more questions you wanna ask?" 

Yes actually, he said still trying to figure out this grudge against Hikaru's family. Was there another one before you? One that did got the attention that he wanted? That could get a grudge on you for that matter? he asked frowning , wrapping his arms against his chest. 

Reizen shook his head and said: "I'm afraid not Keiko, and that's not how Guardian works. There can only be one person destined to pull the sword our of a Mitsurugi's chest for his entire life, and if he dies or is never found, then the sword would be useless. As for who could hold a grudge against him or the Mitsurugi family... well, that's a totally different story." Reizen turend to look at Kouryu and said: "Tell me my dear, how many assassination attempts were there against you throughout the years? Three? Five?"

"Eight actually. But they've all been dealt with. No lose ends even spiritually" Kouryu said in a nonchalant manner. He then added: "I could count my enemies with two hands while you wouldn't be able to even with your toes as well.." 

"And you helped protect me from them all." Reizen smiled as he caressed Kouryu's long white hair. His gaze then flew up towards the ceiling and said: "Speaking of grudges... wasn't there a cousin of yours who competed with you for the head of the family all those years ago? What was his name again? Shinsuke? Sousuke?"

"You mean Shinosuke? He never stood a chance." Kouryu commented: "He wasn't even trained in the proper Mitsurugi style and tried to cheat with heretical spells. The elders showed him mercy though and simply took away his powers before sending him on exile. But that was decades ago." He paused for a moment and said: "He was much older than I so if he is still alive he'd be in his seventh now. But I do believe he had a son."

"That's about the only thing I could think of. Kouryu has been pretty careful throughout the years not pissing off many people. Even the ones he did piss off were because he was trying to protect me. I don't know if this information helps or not." Reizen said before clearing his throat slightly and said: "Now if you youngster would excuse us, we the elderly could really use an afternoon nap now." 

Keiko frowned at the information, but said nothing more. He didn't liked that the other was actually answering for the old man, but he didn't want to think to much into that. He nodded and bowed before taking Hikarus hand and head out of the room, closing the doors behind him. 

There had to be some connection between the grudge Magatsku had against this family and all those demons attacks around them. But he just couldn't figure it out how. The information that they had given him wasn't of that much of a help. He thought about a former guardian maybe, that was maybe cast aside when the former emperor got to draw the sword but apparently that wasn't the case. Now the story about his cousin who had been older than him and was cast out of the family in exile, now there should be such a grudge against them that would make someone make a pact with a demon for revenge. But could that connect Magatsku to them? 

His mind was roaming around all that, not realizing that he was more like spacing out while walking down the halls, holding the others hand, heading outside the mansion until Hikaru stopped him. 

Hikaru observed Keiko as he seems to be thinking about the information he got from his father and the retired emperor. He was so fddp on thought that if Hikaru didn't stop him god knows where Keiko would've end up. "Hey stop Keiko, we're not leaving yet. We're gonna stay nearby and make sure they're alright remember?" Hilary turned Seiko towards him while he held the man's hand, looking into this Ruby red eyes he asked: "What bothering you so much Keiko? Let me guess... You were trying to figure out why Magatsu seemed so obsessed about trying to kill me, and you thought perhaps it was a person vendetta on his part? Honestly Keiko I couldn't care less why he want me dead. It could be out of some grudge towards me or my family, or it could just be he instinctively knew I am going to be the biggest threat against him. In any case that doesn't change what we're going to do. We're gonna make you human then we're gonna kick his ass. Simple as that. Okay now we may have to deal with the demon problem at the capital too.but the general plan stays the same. So stop worrying about things beyond our control and let's focus on what's in front of us." Hikaru then called for one of the guards and asked them to prepare a room for the two of them for the night. 

Keiko had to blink a few times when the other figured out what was bothering him without him even saying a word. How the hell did he got that.  Sighing he fallowed the other to their room but as soon as they closed the door he sat down looking at Hikaru. 

Wouldn't me being a human reduce my strength? I mean , being human, i can get killed and wouldn't be able to protect you

As they made it to the room the servants arranged for them Hikaru sat down and let out a heavy sigh. It has really been quite an eventful day and he could really use a little private time with Keiko to recharge. As he sat down he turned his gaze towards Keiko after hearing the man's questions and he said: "That will be a yes and a no. I mean sure physically you'll be bound by the limits of a human body, though I've seen people who can punch through walls and run faster than horses so that's not saying too much. As for spiritual power you'll actually be stronger cause you don't have to spend so much of your energy maintaining your form. Besides, I'll be able to provide more support with my spells if you're human cause I don't exactly have a lot of ways to help out a demon, whereas I have all kinds of trick up my sleeves to assist a human guardian."

Hikaru shifted closer to Keiko and said: "But most importantly, becoming a human would stop the deterioration of your essence.  Even though the effect wouldn't become apparent for years, even decades but I don't want any more wear and tear of your spirit if possible." He caressed Keiko's cheek gently and said: "I have no intention to just pend one lifetime with you."  

He wrap an arm around his waist keeping him closer to him, leaning in his hand closing his eyes for a few moments sighing. 

Okay then, he opened his eyes again, bright red looking into the others. You should get some rest now, he said running his hand through his hair, letting it fall on his back. 

"You sounds so unenthusiastic about it." Hikaru complained as he snuggled against Keiko, feeling the other's warmth which seemed to have a calming affect on him. "Yeah I could use some sleep about now but first... since we're staying at Lord Reizen's expense we might as well take full advantage of it." He said with a joyous smile and moments latter there was a knock at the door and the voice of a servant saying: "Sir, your bath is ready." 

"Ah, just in time~" Hikaru said as he got up and extended his hand towards Keiko: "The only thing good about royalty is that they treat their guests pretty good. Now come on Keiko, I think we can use some cleanup after our long trip." After taking off their cloths at the dressing room Hikaru opened the door and was immediately greeted by the hot steam blowing in his face. As he hummed joyfully he walked towards the massive wooden bathtub and dipped inside, submerging all the way up to his neck he let out a heavy sigh of relief: "Ah~~ it's been so long since I had a proper bath like this~~" He then looked over to see how was his guardian enjoying the situation.

He fallowed the other in the bathroom area and was caught by surprise by the stem that was in there. He got undressed and jumped in the other bathtub groaning as he sank in it and the hot water covered his body, leaning his head on the edge of the tube. 

"This really feels nice" he moaned closing his eyes and relaxed. 

"Yeah I know right? This is about the only perk of being back home. I get to boss all the servants around cause my family's influence." Hikaru said as he slashed some hit water over his face before pushing his hair back. Leaning against the edge of the tub he turned his head slightly to the side to look at Keiko and said: "So assuming Magatsu isn't here personally, any idea who he could've sent here? I mean back when you were still working for him did you have any interaction with his other minions? He must have subordinates or agents other than you that weren't mindless goons right? Speaking if the demon, what was he like? Were you two close? You don't have to answer me if you find the subject too uncomfortable but I'd like to learn a bit more of who or what we'll be facing."

I don't remember much of the acolits that he had around. I was usually minding my own busyness in my room, outside in town or in his chambers, he said shrugging frowning as he tried to remember. But now that you ask, there were two guys that wanted the full attention of Magatsu and were pissed that i was in the way. So that would make them the perfect soldiers, he said keeping his eyes on the window in front of the tube. 

Dwidle dumb and Dwidle do , as i called them, would be the only ones powerful enough to get so many demons to possess so many people in one place, he turned his eyes and looked at the other frowning again when he was asked about how Magatsu was. He chuckle resting his head on the edge of the tube. He was wild. Always do what he pleased. If he wanted something he would just take it no mater the cost. He's evil and will torture you in ways that you didn't even dreamed of. And he is rough in all aspects, he kept his smile more because of Hikaru that  had jumped at him with all those questions. 

"Dwidie dumb and Dwidie do? Hahahaha what the hell hahahaha~~" Hikaru laughed out loud as he leaned closer towards Keiko, the demon's nicknames to his former colleagues seemed to have hit just the right spot for the priest and he kept laughing for quite a while before saying: "I wonder whether it's gonna be dumb or do we're gonna face here." Once he had calmed down he listened to Keiko describing Magatsu, and that was certainly no laughing matter. Groaning slightly Hikaru muttered: "Hmm... so basically he's evil incarnate huh? That's pretty much the same as my first impression of him.." He noticed the smile on Keiko's face and asked: 'What's with the grin Keiko? Are you smiling at me or are you smiling cause you remembered your time with Magatsu?" 

Well, the name suited them, he said shrugging and laughing along with the other. Turning his head , looking at the priest, he found his heart beating faster as he saw him laugh so lightly and with no stress. It was like they were a normal couple and were having a bath together. No demons threatening to come after them or any of that sort. A normal life. Would they have one? Would he be able to protect him and keep him safe? 

It is possible that they are in charge of this attacks. They are skilled and have the power to release so many demons at ones, he added turning his face, closing his eyes and resting his head on the tubes edge. 

He smiled again when he heard the others comment. 

I smiled because it sounded like you were jealous and wanted to find out stuff about my ex, he said opening his eyes and looking at Hikaru still smiling. That's all. It was ... sweet i think, he added honestly. 

"I sounded.... Jealous?" Hikaru muttered in surprise from Keiko's words. He fell silent for a moment and then showed a rather embarrassed smile: "Yeah... I suppose I was a little jealous.... I mean I know so little of you other than the fact that you were.. still is.. a demon, which meant that you died with a lot of grudges in your heart.... I imagine life was probably not kind to you so I didn't dare ask..But to think that demon knows more about you than I just made me... Well.. jealous.." he leaned closer and rested his head on Keiko's shoulder and said: "I want to know more about you, where you were born, what did you do, and how did it all comes to an end.... And I want to know what Magatsu did with you so I can top whatever be did with something better!"

As Hikaru got closer to him, he wrapped an arm around his shoulder, playing with his fingers through his hair. 

There isn't much to know about me actually, he sigh with a sad smile. I was born in a small village and raised by a single mother that was mocked and beaten up because she wasn't married and with a kid. She died of lungs sickness when i was 7, and ever since then i have been on my own on the streets trying to survive, he closed his eyes for a brief moment and then opened them as he continued with the same sad smile. 

Ever since i was mocked for being pore, beaten up for when i stole to eat cause no one wanted to hire a street rat as they called me and ...he took a deep breath ... that night i was actually trying to save a woman from being raped by three guys and still, i was the one beaten up to death even though the woman was shouting that i was the one saving her, he started laughing but it was a sad one. I was still agonizing in my death when he approached me, hearing me cursing those who beaten me to death, leaving me on the street to die like a rat. He offered me vengeance on them and i took it without thinking, he closed his eyes trying to make the images of that night to go away. I never killed or beaten anyone in my life. All that i did was stealing to make a living. And when i did a good deed, i was killed for it. At that moment i just took the change, not caring about what will come. I wanted revenge. For once i wanted justice for me and when he offered me the power to do it, i took it, he shrugged. 

What do you want to know about that? he asked about the things that Magatsu did with him. Honesty, what i found with you is ten times better, so you don't need to worry about that, he smiled lovingly. You're better even than a demon in that mater, he said referring to sex. 

Hikaru listened to Keiko carefully as he described his tragic past. He held onto the demon's hand tightly as he knew it was a difficult subject to bring up. Unfortunately stories like these were by no means uncommon and with his job being as it was he had to face more than his fair share of beings born from such darknesses, though most were mindless creatures following only their most basic instincts and emotions instead of fully thinking and talking demons like Keiko. "As much as I despise Magatsu for what he stands for... I have to thank him for finding you that night... For keeping you to this world long enough for to bump into me."

Hikaru chuckled when Keiko said that he was better than demons when it comes to the things they did and he said: "Well, I doubt I would be able to rival Magstsu when it comes to weird things, like those tentacles for isntajce. But if you think that what I did felt better then it's because I actually put 'love' into it when making love." He smiled as he pressed a soft kiss on Keiko's cheek and then on his lips. As their lips and tongue mingled the kiss also became deeper and more passionate. He wrapped he arms around Keiko's neck and whispered: "How about I show you a bit more right now?" He was about to kiss Keiko again when suddenly the door of the bathroom was abruptly opened and Reuben entered the room with  nothing but a twirl around his waist: "I see that you are enjoying my hospitality very much huh?"

"Y...Your highness?!" Hikaru said as he felt like his heart almost jumped out of his throat. The older man chuckled: "You interrupted our fun so it's only fair that I interrupt yours." He said as he walked into the room and stepped into the large bathtub, sitting across from the young couple he leaned back and rested his arms on the edge and said: "Hope you don't mind that I chime in uninvited."

"Would you leave if I say I do mind?" Ayme groaned as he pulled away from Keiko and stared straight at the man who answered with a bright smile: "Absolute not!"

Hikaru let out a heavy sigh and said: "I figured as much.... So, to what do we owe the honor of your presence?"

"Haha nothing in particular. I just wanted to get to know my fellow guardian a bit better." He turned his gaze towards Keiko and asked: "I am quite curious as to how you were able to melt this boy's heart while so many have failed before you. Frankly if he wasn't that stubborn I'd happily take him along with his father."

"Not In a million years!" Hikaru groaned in disgust. 

Guess for that I can thank him too, he smiled closing his eyes as the other leaned in to kiss him, opening his mouth to let him devour him as the kiss got more passionate. He reached his hands into the others hair, holding him firmly, deepening the kiss more. 

How about I show you a bit more right now?

He smirked at the others offer and just when things were going to get more interesting the door opened making him growl when he heard the voice of the man, not liking the interruption. 

Rolling his eyes he looked at the man as he got in the tube with them, making him uncomfortable but he kept his grounds and this time, keeping his eye contact. 

"I am quite curious as to how you were able to melt this boy's heart while so many have failed before you. Frankly if he wasn't that stubborn I'd happily take him along with his father."

1. I'm glad that didn't happened. 2. I don't think that is any of your business old man and 3. i do hope you'll keep your hands away from him if you cherish them and still want them connected to your body, he said with a gentle ironic smile on his face, his eyes glowing red as he was trying to keep his angry down. He was pissed on the old man and on his disgusting behavior. Glad he didn't fall for your misserable advantages as his father. Guess he's brighter than you thought.

Edited by mik3la

Reizen burst out laughing after hearing the two young men's response, "Hahaha I was just kidding boys. Kouryu is too possessive to ever let me touch other men." He said with a bright smile, seemingly quite convicted of his own words. Looking at the two young men he said: "Judging by your reaction may I presume that it was quite a dramatic encounter? I remember the first time I met Kouryu like it was yesterday.... It was..."

"With all due respect your highness, I have no interest in learning how you seduced my father!" Hikaru interrupted the former emperor and said: "Now if you'll excuse us we shall be going..." Hikaru said as he grabbed Keiko's hand and was about to get up, but Reizzen quickly stopped them and said: "Wait wait wait you guys I actually have something serious to talk to you about." As Hikaru sat back down with his arms crossed and a rather adorable pout the Reizen said: "The forces of darkness we face is stronger than ever before. Both as the former ruler of theses lands and as Kouryu's guardian, I need to know what's your plan going forward. If your only plan is just getting your guardian a human body and Sword of Heart your way through everything then I'd rather you don't. Even though it is the strongest spell in the Mitsurugi priesthood's  arsenal, the Sword is by no means invincible. Your father and I learned this the hard way and cost us Chizuru's life."

"Don't you DARE speak of Mother's name!" Hikaru exclaimed as he stood up, looking at the man furiously: "You think I am a naïve child? I know what happened that night! You had a curse put on you which made you a target of demons so you sought my father's help and drawn the demons to our house! You drew the Sword of Heart from my father's chest that night but my mother was killed by the demons. You could've saved her! You were there with the most powerful demon slaying weapon known to mankind and yet you let her die! No.. you wanted her to die so you could have my father for yourself!" 

"Yes I could. I could have saved her. But then I would have left your father exposed and undefended against the demon swarm. So I stayed by Kouryu's side despite him begging me to go to her aide instead." Reizen looked straight into Hikaru's eyes with a stern and unwavering look: "And you're right. I wanted Kouryu for myself. I made my choice that night to protect what I hold dear the most instead of taking a risk to potentially save more people. After all, I am only human." He turned to look at Keiko and asked: "What about you, young guardian? When push come to shove what will you prioritize? The world or your love? "

Keiko frowned at the outburst of Hikaru, holding his hand hoping he would calm down but the old man was pushing his luck with him and he wasn't sure if they would fight or not. As he heard what happened that night he blinked a few times being surprised by what the man did and what his reasons were. He looked at Hikaru who was trembling in anger, but he could understand the old man. When he asked him the question he just looked at Hikaru and then down at his hand holding his. 

I don't have someone else to protect but him. So, i guess i will not be in the same situation like you were, he said turning his eyes to the old man. And i think it is better for us to leave and rest for tonight. It has been a long day for us with not so pleasant events as you had, he said standing up, pulling Hikaru after him. Have a good night sir, he said through his teeth as he grabbed two towels on his way out. 

Once out of the room he wrapped quickly the towel around Hikaru's waist and the other around his and returned to their room, pushing Hikaru inside. 

Now calm down, he said a little coldly as he sat next to him but keeping his distance, wanting to give him space. 

Hikaru was boiling in anger and frustration at what Reizen said. In truth the former emperor was being extremely lenient with the young priest as given his status he should've be able to even look directly at the old man's face let alone talking and shouting at him. But years of resentment wasn't something that could be suppressed easily. Luckily Keiko was able to be the voice of reason here and quickly dragged him out of the bath. Once back at the privacy of their own room he lowered his head and trembled, tears overflowed from his eyes and down his cheek as he said: "I hate him... I hate him so fucking much.... I hate my father too for actually loving that bastard...." He wiped his tears and after a brief silence he added: "But most of all.... I hate myself for actually understanding his choice.... I didn't before but now having you by I side... I do... I think I'd make the same choice as he did if I was in his place..." He let out a heavy sigh and looked up at Keiko with a bitter smile: "I honestly don't know what to think of this whole thing." 

Meanwhile back in the bathroom Reizen was still enjoying the hot bath and he smiled when he heard the sound of the bathroom door being opened. "Care to join me love?" He said as he turned to look at Kouryu who was standing there starring at him. "Did you get the answer you want, your highness?"

"Not exactly. But close enough." Reizen said with a loving smile: "I think your boy is in good hands."

"You just have to meddle with my family matter, do you?" Kouryu said with a sigh as he began shedding his clothes and joined his lover/lord/guardian in the bathtub. After a short silence he asked: "You really think so?"

"Yes I do. Call it a guardian's intuition." Reizen said as he pulled Kouryu close: "I could tell that Hikaru is the only thing that matters for that demon. He'd gladly give up his life to keep your boy safe, just like I would."

"Surely you jest, your highness." Kouryu said moments before his lips was claimed by the other. 

I hope you didn't mind these two older men's romance subplot I've laid out. I feel like I'm going a bit off topic with them taking focus away from Hikaru and Keiko. But I wanted to add a little flavor to their time in the capital and things just kind of went out of hand with me fantasizing about these two lol.

no its fine. i like how the story goes

You shouldn't. You need to value your life and not risk it for me. i am the guardian here and i am the one who's supposed to do that. Not you, he said touching his cheek, wiping the tears with his finger. His heart was hurting seeing him like that. He never saw him this broke before and didn't know how to comfort him. What should he say or do. Without thinking he just pulled him closer to his chest, wrapping his arms around his body, running his fingers through the others hair hopping that will calm him down. 

You're life is more important than mine. You have a purpose for which no matter what you need to live. I on the other hand am just a guardian who will do whatever it takes to keep you alive and safe. So, whatever happens, never run to save me by putting yourself in danger, did you understand? he said leaning back to lift his face to him. Never put yourself in danger for me. i don't want to be your weakness. I'm your shield, your sword...i don't want to be your weakness, he added in a soft voice looking in his eyes hopping the other would understand. He wiped another set of tears with his fingers before he leaned and kissed his lips tenderly but soon changed into a passionate one, sliding his tongue inside his mouth, claiming him and taking control. 

"No... I don't want you to risk your life for me either..." Hikaru whimpered in Keiko's arms as he felt the other's hand wiping off his tears. He moaned slightly and welcomed the tender kiss which quickly turned to a more passionate one. "Um... h.mmm..hnn..K... Keiko..." He whined slightly feeling the ember of desire that was put out by Reizen's interruption and as he felt Keiko's tongue entering his mouth he eagerly welcomed it with his own while sucking on it lovingly. He could feel their erections pressing against each other as they throbbed and twitched from excitement. Eventually they had to pull away from the kiss for breath and Hikaru panted: "You're not my weakness Keiko.. you're my strength... my sword, my shield, my future, my life, as I shall be yours.... I won't lose anyone I love ever again and I will not let you lose yours... That's my promise to you Keiko.. My oath..." He wrapped his arms around Keiko's neck and smiled: "So are you going to comfort your sad priest, my mighty guardian?" 

Their talk wasn't going no where at this point. He just had to make sure that Hikaru was going to be safe no matter what in the future. and that was an oath that he was going to keep. he smiled at the other's suggestion loving the way his body felt against him. 

I thought you'd never ask, he said with a smirk on his face, pushing Hikaru down, laying him on his back so that he was on top. Even if back in the bathroom he was supposed to do all the action, this time he changed the tables and took charge of the situation. 

I have only a suggestion. Make that magic of yours and pop some bottle of lube would you?  he smiled kissing the other side of his neck that needed his attention, kissing, licking and sucking, leaving a small mark on it. He moved further on his chest, catching one nipple between his lips, sucking at it while the other was cared by his fingers, rubbing and pinching it. Feeling that it was enough he moved to the other nipple doing the same treatment, as his free hand moved to his waist, undoing the towel , throwing it in the room, wrapping his fingers around his erection, playing with his thumb on the head of the shaft groaning.