Silver Chaos Fanbox Eternal Fantasia Installation Guide

Rei

you can download the game and the English patch here:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

1. after downloading it you should have these files:

1-2.jpg

2. select the 1st disc: Silver Chaos - Fanbox - EternalFantasia.part1, extract it. It will automatically extract the 2nd disc as well.

4.jpg

3. create a folder on D: or C: , where you want to install the game. Leave this folder for now, we'll need it later. My folder is called 'Silver'

4. open Daemon Tools and click on the places marked in the image below in that order.

6.jpg

5. click on Run BOOT.exe

7.jpg

6. click on the button marked with black

8.jpg

7. click on the marked button and browse for the folder you have created at point 3

9.jpg

8. it might ask you if you want to create the folder VividColor if it does click Yes

10.jpg

9. allow the installation

11-1.jpg

10. the initial menu should appear again just close it

12-1.jpg

11. go again in the folder where you have the zipped files (exactly like at point 1) and double click the patch (SCEF Patchb74)

13.jpg

12. extract it in the installation folder (the folder created at point 3, in my case, Silver)

14-1.jpg

13. go to the installation folder (for me, Silver) and double click the patch (SCEFPatch)

15-1.jpg

14. allow the patching process

16.jpg

15. click Ok

17-1.jpg

16. done! the game should work :)

18.jpg

if you will get a MainSystem.exe error after starting to play the game, go in the installation folder and remove the file Open.avi

• Like 15

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I reinstalled the game, I did everything exactly like in the guide and there is no Mainsystem.exe error. The open.avi file wasn't in the folder. So, I thought that maybe you need to have installed the other

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
first (I have it installed) and follow that guide, delete the open.avi from that folder and then install Eternal Fantasia.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem regarding Mainsystem error. I've looked through ur posts and even some on aarinfantasy. I tried pretty much everything suggested but nothing works. Please help :(

Well, no other idea I'm afraid since for me and many others works following the guide I posted... so, I can't possibly know which is the reason why it doesn't work on your pc

• 3 months later...

Are those Rar files? I've only got bittorrent, but I don't think that will extract these. Where can I get a program that will?

• 1 month later...

do i have to combine parts one and two because i can never get it to work. I install it useing the first part and cant do any thing with the second ccd file. I have tried to mount it with two diffrent clone drives and it still will give me the main system error. Please help.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That Daemon Tool... what version is the one to use? The one I installed won't accept the image..

Edit- Never mind, I got it, and so just in case there are other people who might need help here too, a Daemon Tool Lite from 2011 would suffice.

Just incase people are still having that MainSystem.exe error on Windows 8. This worked for me:

On Windows 8, none of the suggestions ever worked for me.

So I started poking around.. and I noticed the GRAPHIC.cmp file in the PACK Folder was WAY smaller than the one from the downloaded game. So I replaced the GRAPHIC.CMP in the patched game.

It's working great now. only caveat is that the Menu's are still in Japanese. But the dialogue in the game is all english

Not really a great solution, but at least I can play the game!! I didn't have to use compatibility or make any changes to the shortcut.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Only got to test this on Windows 7 32bit so i dunno how it'll be on other versions

If mainsystem.exe crashes at start up try doing this :

right click mainsystem.exe > properties > compatibility > put a check on 'Run this program as an administrator'

I've got everything installed and the 1.2 patch done, but the english patch will run and say it's successful, but the game is still in japanese... Could I get a little help please?

I've got everything installed and the 1.2 patch done, but the english patch will run and say it's successful, but the game is still in japanese... Could I get a little help please?

Hello. Did you pick the full version (the one listed as 320MB) from the drop down menu during installation?

I think the patcher only works for that one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can i please get some help? I have the game downloaded and followed all the instructions but Fanbox will not translate over for me. THe first silver chaos was fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have the same problem, but for me the patch says "you must make a full installation of Silver Chaos fan box !".. Someone can help me please ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...