An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

"You're welcome, Solaria." Kaine replied with a small smile. Seeing a page down in front of Ren and reminding him not to eat too quickly. "How'd you two sleep last night?" He asked the pair, getting himself some coffee. Not expecting to see Asahi and Ash for awhile or his husband for that matter. Knowing that Tenmo was rarely an early riser in the full moon and with how busy the newly engaged couple had been with each other he was sure they'd be sleeping in too. 

"Slept well." Ren replied. Trying to pace himself with his breakfast after practically inhaling a whole sausage after his Dad had put his plate in front of him. He was starving though and it smelled and looked delicious. That wasn't the only delicious smell or sight though, his eyes kept darting to Solaria. She looked stunning in the tryout uniform, and for reasons he couldn't explain she smelled... different. Not bad or anything just different.

When Annabelle came down the stairs in her pjs, Alise smiled and helped her into her chair. Knowing that it may take Shi a little longer to get Kai out of bed. 

Kai at first just let out a little whine and turned away from the nuzzle, arms tucked under his body. When it happened again he let out another whine, eyes opening as he rolled onto his back, looking up at his Daddy. "Morning Daddy." He quietly said, stretching he reached over petting Daddy before reluctantly getting out of bed. Grabbing Little Daddy as he did so and following Daddy from his room and downstairs for breakfast. 

"Are you actually going to chew any of that? I dont need you choking on me now!" Solaria said with a cute little giggle and a playful shove, trying to keep things as normal as possible but she was noticing more about the other as of late, not even quite sure why. Ren just seemed to have that more..manly air about him. He just seemed different somehow and it wasn't like it was a bad thing, like how she started to notice other boys, but she seemed to notice more about him in particular.

---

"Whens Uncle Otso coming? When when when?" Annabelle said eagerly, her eyes keeping on darting to the door. Even if Bryan never seemed as overly excited and playful as Otso, he was always nice to her and she did her best to behave and not touch his things. Shi walked alongside him to go downstairs, rubbing his head against him gently. If he remembered right, the mother and Yuki would be by around lunchtime, Otso and maybe bryan with him to pick up Annabelle a bit after breakfast

"Tastes to good." Ren purred happily after devouring another sausage in a matter of seconds. Kaine was laughing and adding a little more to Ren's plate. When he did finish his breakfast he put his plate in the sink thanking his Dad for the food. At this point his attention was only for Solaria, though he did his best not to eye her like the other guys seemed to do.

"He'll pick you up a little after breakfast. Now sit still and eat your food. Don't rush." Alise told her with a soft laugh. Smiling as Kai and Shi entered, Alise helping Kai into his chair since as a wolf Shi could only help so much. "Are you excited to have a playdate with Yuki? He'll be here after lunch." She told her son. Kai nodding, eating a piece of bacon. 

"Youre going to choke on it! Youll get more juice out of your sausage if you just bite it and suck on it for a bit longer instead of just swallowing it straight down" Solaria rolled her eyes, laughing at how bad that sounded after thinking about it for a moment. She did not even mean for it to sound like that! "Shoot, I better get going so I can get there early enough to do anything I need to do, I don't want to show up late!" She said as she quickly finished the rest of her food, seeing Wolf Uncle Tenmo coming down the stairs. "Morning" She smiled happily, putting the coat over her body.

---

"Is it after breakfast yet?" Annabelle asked eagerly, holding out a piece of bacon to feed her wolf daddy with a happy giggle when his tongue came out to lap it up. Shi hopped up onto his chair, spinning around before making himself comfortable sitting down. He lapped up the meat with happy delight, devouring the sausages in big gulps

Ten had just been about to bite into another sausage that he had stolen while his Dad's back was turned when Solaria spoke. His cheeks turned a bright red as he blushed. Solaria seemed to hear the implication herself after a moment as she laughed, he ended up eating the sausage quickly while she was getting her jacket on. Washing his hands and getting ready to go as his Daddy came down as a wolf. Kaine was putting a cup of coffee on the table for Tenmo pulling a chair out for his handsome puppy. "You two have a good day." Kaine said as Ren followed Solaria towards the door. 

"Not yet, sweetie." Alise laughed. Kai was quietly eating beside Annabelle, not nearly as energetic or excited. This was normal for Kai though and she was sure he'd get more excited when Yuki arrived later. After she ate her own breakfast she sent Annabelle upstairs to change so she'd be ready when Uncle Otso arrived to pick her up. Turning to her husband once she was out of the room, "Annabelle definitely gets her energy from her Uncle." She mused. Annabelle's energy only seeming to be rivaled by her Uncle Otso. 

“You too!” Solaria smiled with a wave, stepping out and adjusting her jacket. She was a bit nervous about these tryouts, never having really done sports in this fashion, nervous if she would get it or not. She fiddled with the ends of her skirt a lump in her throat. “Geez, and I thought I was more nervous at tests..” She chuckled, reaching out with a hand for Ren as she had done many times before for comfort

——

Shi let out a little huff of agreement, plate pretty much cleaned already and licking up some of the juices that were left on it a bit more civilized. Annabelle eagerly darted off to get dressed, barking and scratching soon heard at the door as Wolf Otso seemed to be there already to come get her

Ren was more than happy to hold her have when Solaria reached out to him. A pleased purr escaped him as they set off towards the school, giving her a reassuring smile. "No need to be nervous. You'll do great, just like you do in your tests." He encouraged. Truly believing that she had this in the bag. As far as he was concerned she should just be given a spot on the team. Sure he knew it didn't work that way but with the time and effort Solaria put in to everything she committed too he couldn't see why they wouldn't want her. Not to mention she learned fast. His tail swayed happily as they walked, at least until the reached town which was when he had to focus a bit harder than normal to put his tail away. 

Hearing the barking and scratching at the door Alise smiled and got up to get the door. Kai was sharing his breakfast with Daddy at this point, apparently having decided he wasn't that hungry. "Good morning, Otso." Alise greeted the wolf as she let him in. "Maybe we should install a dog door." She teasingly suggested glancing towards her husband. "Annabelle! Uncle Otso is here!" She called up the stairs to her daughter though she was sure that Annabelle had already heard him at the door. "Bryan didn't walk you over?" She asked Otso a bit surprised. Knowing they were usually connected at the hip. 

Solaria smiled with a small blush when Ren assured him, having always found comfort when Ren talked to her and kept her calm. Ren was one of the closest people to her next to her own parents and grew into his own over his years. It didn’t help she started to notice boys more so noticed more about him, how kind and nice he was..and maybe..just a little..how nice he looked.

—-

“Otsoooooo” Annabelle scrambled down the stairs, Otso letting out a happy Yelp as he ran circles around her, Annabelle giggling. Otsos ears perked up at the mention of Bryan, shaking his head with a no. It was harder to speak in wolf form for any of them but he managed a word once before. “Work..something..” He tried to speak, saying he was in the middle of something for Annabelle and he didn’t want to drag the other away from it

As they continued to walk towards the school, Ren shifted his hand to entwine his fingers with Solaria's. A slight blush appearing as he did so but he really wanted to hold her hand this way. He glanced towards her and offered a small smile just as they arrived at the school. "You ready?" He asked. Ren absolutely loved seeing Solaria in the cheerleading outfit and he was even more excited to see her actually tryout. Heading with her to the tryouts he took her backpack with him and jacket, getting comfortable on the bleachers to watch and support her. He did briefly check out the other girls present, in the end though his eyes really were only for Solaria.

Kai had just finished giving the last piece of his bacon to his Daddy when Uncle Otso came in, looking towards him as he was running around Annabelle happily. While Kai wasn't very energetic like his sister and Uncle he still wanted to say hi to him, slipping out of his seat and grabbing Little Daddy as he made his way over to them. "Uncle!" He called out opening his arms, wanting to hug his wolf Uncle. Alise smiling at the pair she nodded when Otso managed to speak expressing that Bryan was occupied by something and thus hadn't come with him. "I see. Well, I hope the three of you guys have fun today. Four if we count Oreo." Alise mused. She wasn't sure what they had planned today with Annabelle, but she knew that their daughter would be all to happy to tell them about it when she got home. Turning to her daughter she leaned down and kissed the top of her head, giving her a hug. "You be good for Uncle Otso and Uncle Bryan."

“I am absolutely terrified..But I’ll give it my best” Solaria said with a small smile. She decided to try out last minute and she wasn’t much of an athlete, this kept repeating in her head but with Ren being there, it was giving her so much more confidence and some nerves. It didn’t matter what they thought of her, Ren would love whatever she did not matter what. He held her things as she waited for her turn while also doing group tricks. So many flips, bend and turns and she was giving it her best, knowing Ren was supporting her from the benches.

—-

Otsos tail wagged when Oreo was mentioned, Annabelle seeming happy at the mention of the cat. Otso Rubbed against Kai with almost the same level of energy, a bit more subdued in nature since  Kai was not as energetic. “I’ll be good promise” Annabelle smiled, hand on Otso so he could walk beside her to go to his house. Shi nuzzled Otso to see him off, not leaving the door until she was out of sight 

"That's all that matters." Ren replied with a smile, pecking Solaria's cheek before he was heading towards the benches with her stuff to sit and cheer her on. He knew it was a bit bold to even kiss her cheek while they were at school but he couldn't stop himself completely. Especially after the kiss they shared last night and how gorgeous she looked in the tryout uniform. His eyes were glued to her as she did her best and all of the flips, bends and turns. A soft purr escaped him as he watched, knowing the sound was far too quiet for any human to hear. Deep down Ren knew he should be receptive to the idea that Solaria might like another guy, being the werecat he was meant he didn't like nor accept that possibility though. Feeling that there was no one better for someone as special as she is than himself. He'd just have to find a way to prove it to everyone. Stake a claim without pushing matters too much. Not wanting Solaria to pull away or end up not liking him. Something within him was stirring, wanting to prove what a great partner he would be to Solaria. It was the fact that she was trying out for cheerleading that made him realize a sport may be the perfect way to do that. She did seem to like that guy who was on the track team, he could do that. Though... he knew he could play any sport really. A werecat like him didn't lack in athletic ability after all. That thought alone along with how well she was doing in her tryouts made his smile grow.

Kai happily hugged his Uncle when Otso came over to him, petting the other's soft fur with a smile. Alise smiling too, loving how Otso was able to adapt how much energy he used depending on which one of her kids he was interacting with. Alise waved the pair off as Otso and Annabelle left, a little amused that Shi refused to budge from the door until Annabelle and Otso were out of sight. "She'll have a blast." She told her husband, gently petting his head before she was turning back to Kai who was more than happy to have both of them to himself until Yuki and his mother arrived later. Alise couldn't help but love how excited this made Kai, knowing that neither of their kids got both of them to themselves before now. Not to mention she wasn't used to seeing this sort of eagerness from Kai who was usually so calm and distant that she often wondered if there was more going on. Kai was pleased though and that was what mattered, knowing that when it came time to schedule a playdate for Annabelle they'd have to see if Otso and Bryan would be up for a day with Kai and give their daughter a chance to have just the two of them for a bit too.

• Thanks 1

Solarias cheeks turned a soft pink at Ren kissing him on the cheek so casually while they were at school.  She watched him walk to the benches and made her way back towards the tryouts. Okay, you got this, this is your chance to impress then! Don’t freak out, it’s okay! She kept reassuring herself with every jump and twirl and twist. She could have sworn she heard a purr but was focused on her routine and learning anything she was told to do. They were going to announce who got in as soon as everyone was done so this was everyone’s chance! She finished her turn and her turn with the rest of the new hopefuls, eyes keeping flicking up to Ren for the comfort of him being there and reassurance. She stood there nervous as they called out the names of those who got in..Angela, Annie, Tiana, Solaria, Becky,-wait…she..she got in…? She..she actually got onto the cheerleading squad! She bolted for the bleachers as soon as all the names were announced, tackling him in a big hug. “I actually got in..I actually for really got in!” She said with the biggest smile on her face.

—-

Shi finally left the window when Annabelle was out of sight, sitting by Kai who seemed more excitable, for Kai, at Yuki coming over. This was the first time he was having humans in his home and non family members, a little on edge as he snagged a stray sausage left on the counter, pacing between the table and the door as he was waiting for lunch to roll around. His ears twitched when he heard a noise, looking towards Alise as he could feel them coming closer. Soon a knock followed, Yukis mother standing there with a grin. “Nice to meet you all, my goodness Yuki, look at their dog” She smiled, trying to urge the shy boy out from behind her legs who finally stepped inside with her. “Yuki insisted he bring snacks, cut some watermelon slices up to look like stars all by himself” She grinned, Yuki  holding the tin closer when the big dog was sniffing the container.

A bright smile crossed Ren's face when he heard Solaria's name being called. Happy that she made it on the team, his smile grew when she came running over to him. His arms wrapped around her in a tight hug, "Congratulations, Solaria! I knew you could do it." He told her happily. It took every ounce of his control not to have his tail and ears appear with how happy he was for her and it being the full moon. When the hug broke he flashed her another smile, "You know... I've been thinking and I think I want to try out for football." He admitted. Out of all the sports Ren felt football was a good sport he could excel in not to mention show off a bit. 

"I'm glad you guys could make it." Alise replied with a smile. "That's so nice of you, Yuki." She politely told the little boy after being told about the snack he had brought and cut into little stars all by himself. Gently she nudged Shi away from Yuki a little before she was motioning for Yuki and his mom to come further into the house. Leading then to the living room where Kai was sitting at the coffee table coloring, his eyes lighting up seeing Yuki. "Hi, Yuki." Kai greeted with a smile showing his friend the picture he was coloring and offering him to color too. "Kai thought coloring would be a good activity for them." Alise told Yuki's mom with a smile.

“You..football..?” She asked in a more curious way than one might ask in a condescending way or one of disbelief. “You should totally go for it! It might help you release some energy from ‘things’ and you might make even more friends with the people on your team!” She smiled, a small part of her liking the idea of Ren in a football uniform. Him in a Jersey, using his strength to take them down..It was kind of cute. “I’ll come to your tryouts when you tell me when they are..you know..like you did for me..” She said a bit more bashfully 

—-

Yuki passed off the tray to his mom, looking at the coloring things. “Hi…” He said sheepishly with a smile, one thst grew more seeing the coloring supplies. “All the colors!” He beamed eagerly, sitting across from him. “You had him at coloring, found Yuki is rather artsy. Likes book and making artwork or making things” Yukis mother smiled, watching the dog follow her around and sitting when they all sat. “When you two said well trained you meant it, so well behaved~! Your husband had work today? Shame I couldn’t say hell

Nodding when she repeated him and football he gave her a curious look, wondering how she felt about the idea of him trying out for the team. When she spoke again it was only to encourage him to do it, saying that he might even make more friends with those on the team. While he was sure that was true, making friends had nothing to do with why he wanted to try out for the team. Though the fact that she said it may help him release some energy from 'things' he was sure she fully understood why he was really interested. Then again, the real reason was to show off a bit for her, but he liked that she seemed to think it was a good idea. "Good, I'd definitely feel better having you there." Ren replied with a smile. Even if the real reason he wanted her there was just to show off he could play it off as just needing and wanting her support.

Kai smiled happily when Yuki beamed eagerly and say across from him so they could color and draw. From what they liked to do together at school he had thought coloring was the perfect thing to do. Especially since it was something that wasn't loud or messy, at least not messy like painting. Kai didn't like painting at all, not liking the feeling of the paint on his hands and he was still to young to paint without making a mess and getting it on him. "I'm glad. Kai spent a little while trying to decide what he wanted to do with Yuki today. He doesn't like loud things or messy things so it took him a little longer to decide." Alise told her with a little laugh. She turned her gaze briefly to Shi at the mention of him being well trained, smiling to him. "We do pride ourselves on how well we train our dogs. Everyone in the family has one." She replied turning her gaze from her husband to the other once more. "Yes, called in last minute I'm afraid. Does happen sometimes." She added.

“Then I will be there!” Solaria beamed, figuring it was going to be this afternoon if the cheerleading tryouts were in the morning. She was somewhat excited to see how Ren would fare against other people his age, at least his high school age. “Go show them don’t mess with the werecat” She beamed, kissing his cheek with a soft little blush, wanting to return the favor from the other kissing her before. It made her heart race even something like that. “Lunch together as always after art?” She smiled softly, holding up a lunch bag. “I had Dad pack some extra meat in my box so you can protein up. You’ll need all your energy” She smiled again

—-

“Terribly sorry, was looking to meet my boys friends father. Seems like a quiet man, but then again, Im sure he isn’t at home. Loving family man type, you must tell me how you two met!” She smiled, Shi nudging the watermelon tray with his nose and eyeing up Alise which made the mom chuckle.

The kiss to his cheek had a slight blush appear but he happily purred, struggling for his tail and ears not to appear and show exactly how happy that little action made him. He hadn't expected Solaria to return the affection at school but it made him incredibly happy that she did. That little blush on her own cheeks only made him even happier, loving how cute she looked blushing even a little bit. Ren sniffed the air when she held up the lunch bag, the smell of the meat inside definitely getting his attention as he watched it a bit too closely. "Yeah, I'll see you at lunch and in art." He replied with a smile. Handing her the things he had been holding for her they walked back to the school together before parting ways and heading to class.

"I am sure he would have loved to be here and get to know you better too." Alise told her with a smile. Knowing that Shi would indeed like to get to know her better since her son was friends with Kai. Little did she knew that her husband was still going to get to know her, just in a different manner today. At the nuzzle of the watermelon tray she gave him a small smile. "I have fruit cut up in the kitchen for you." She told him nodding her head towards the kitchen. Kai and Yuki were happily coloring with each other, occasionally exchanging a few words. While it was definitely an odd playdate both boys seemed happy and neither of them were feeling pressured to talk which made her happy. Alise was happy to talk with Yuki's mom and as some time passed the boys seemed more comfortable and were talking more. What caught her eyes though and had her nudging Shi a little harder than she meant to was a little blur of fur behind Kai. Showing that her son had indeed come into his wolf or part of it. She shot Shi a look and gave a small tilt of her head to tell him to distract Yuki and his mother while she scooped their son up and got him out of the room to try to get him calm enough for the little tail to disappear.

Kai was only more excited seeing his tail pointing to it, "Mommy look!" He happily said his tail only seeming to wag more. Alise loved the sight of it and was glad that her son was showing his first signs of being a werewolf but this was definitely not a good thing with Yuki and his mom here. Though she did admire the look of the fur, it was a silvery grey color with what looked like a tinge of blue. It took her a few minutes to get Kai relaxed enough that the tail disappeared. When he did she had him take a bowl of fruit back into the room and told him they could have the watermelon that Yuki had brought as well but that he needed to try to stay calm while Yuki was here. Explaining that Yuki and his mom couldn't see his tail. Kai was confused by it but nodded, not arguing with his mommy. When they returned she gave Shi a small smile and set a bowl down of cut fruit for him to keep him from trying to get fruit from the kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Solaria was excited to see the other try out for a sports team, glad he was branching out. She did wonder how well the other would do, eager to see the other show off a bit. She didn’t know what had her so eager to see but she supposed she would find out later today. The track boy tried talking to her but was so in her own little world she didn’t even notice as she continued to walk to class

——

Shi felt his wife give him a hard nudge, looking to where she was trying to get his attention. He saw a blur of fur, his heart beating in joy his son was at least part werewolf. But it was not great timing as if the humans saw…what if they…Think think think! Otso! Shi couldn’t think of a better way to be distracting than acting so unlike himself he acted like a happy Otso. Shi let out the happiest bark, bounding up to Yuki and his mother, letting his tongue hang out and shaking his butt and tail happily. He bounced around the room happily, licking Yukis face and his mothers which made them both laugh 

Returning to the living room Kai put the bowl of fruit in the middle of the table to avoid it getting in the way of coloring. He was doing his best to not get too happy and excited again so his tail wouldn't reappear. At the same time Kai really wanted to show his Daddy his tail. Knowing he was a werewolf like Daddy only made him happier and more excited. It was difficult to suppress those emotions.

Alise whistled to call Shi back over to her when they returned from the kitchen. The distraction having worked well. She did apologize saying sometimes he got a bit excited around new people. Though it hasn't seemed like Yuki or his mother had minded.

Ren was definitely distracted when it came to his classes today. The thought of trying out for football and having Solaria there to cheer him on was a pleasing one. Unfortunately classes seemed to drag by for him, at lunch he happily joined her and they talked. Enjoying her company while he had the chance before more classes. He wasn't concerned about tryouts, being a werecat meant he was more than capable. He was going to use that confidence to show off for Solaria. Wanting all of her attention to be on him and only him. 

Shi barked and acted like the cutest dog he could think of, channeling his inner Otso. “Oh it’s not a problem, dogs still have to be dogs even if trained” The mother chuckled, Shi flopping on his back with a whimper demanding for pets which she provided.

“Your dog is nice..” Yuki said quietly while he colored, finishing up a page and handing it to the other

—-

Solaria made it through the rest of her classes, having changed back into her normal clothes some time ago. She waited outside of Rens last class, having let out a tiny bit earlier today. She wanted to walk with him to tryouts, to cheer him on in case he lose some of his nerve 

Alise nodded and laughed softly, "He must really like you. Not normally one to behave in such a manner with guests." She admitted. Teasing her husband a little with his behavior but knowing he had done it to distract the pair. Glad that it had been quite successful and that neither one of them had noticed anything odd while she had whisked Kai away.

Kai took the picture when it was handed to him a bright smile appearing. "Thanks, Yuki!" He said happily handing the picture he had been cuddling to the other too. It was nice to have his friend over and have someone he could color with quietly and enjoy their company. They didn't feel like they had to talk and Kai was okay with that.

Ren was a little surprised when he stepped out of his last class to see Solaria waiting outside for him. A small smile appearing as he moved towards her, "Ready?" He asked knowing she had come to walk him to football tryouts. It was a sport he had never played but he had seen it enough to get the concept. Walking with her out of the school and towards the football field. While he was a little nervous about it he was more excited to show off a little for Solaria. He didn't really know what to expect from the tryouts but he was fit enough to know that it wouldn't be difficult. He'd have to do his best to only use so much of his strength though since he was definitely not your average teen.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

“It’s pretty…” Yuki said with a small smile that grew in size. Someone colored a picture for him, it was really for him! “Thank you!” He smiled while also signing the same with his hands. “I’m..learning how to talk with my hands..Mommy says it will help..me..” He said a bit more bashfully, worried the other will tease him for it.

”not a problem, caught him on a good day. Can only imagine when he is at work” She chuckled, petting his belly. Shi figured it was enough at that point, moving himself under his wife’s feet. “I’m happy to see Yuki talking so much and using signs. With his nerves and silent behavior, his counselor had been trying to teach him some sing language so it’s easier for him to communicate if words fail him. even if he grows out of it, I’m sure it’s a useful skill.

—-

“Ready..You got this” Solaria smiled sweetly as she followed him towards the field. “Remember..Even if you don’t make it, you are an amazing person and don’t let it get you down okay? I know you will make it. Go show those boys whose boss” She said with a bigger grin

Kai watched actually quite entranced for a moment when Yuki said 'thank you' and made a motion with his hands at the same time. When his friend told him that he was learning to talk with his hands and how his mom said that it would help him he got even more interested. "That's neat!" He replied happily with a bright smile. Trying to keep his excitement levels down like Mommy told him so his tail wouldn't come back out in front of his friend. "Mommy! I wanna talk with my hands too!" Kai then said turning his gaze from Yuki to his mom.

Alise reached down and gave Shi a little pat when he moved under her feet having figured he had done enough with a distraction. "It is a good way for him to still communicate." She agreed with a nod smiling at the boys. What surprised her though was Kai's interest in learning them too, her little boy turning towards her with an eagerness she honestly hadn't seen in him unless it had to do with his Daddy. "Well... I don't see why you couldn't learn it too." She admitted. Giving Kai a smile who was definitely more pleased to hear it. She did think it was a useful skill after all, not to mention it'd allow the boys to communicate even when they didn't want to verbally express anything. Her eyes did briefly drop to Shi though curious about his input here, not that she thought he'd object.

His green eyes moved towards Solaria when she told him that he had this with such a sweet smile while they made their way towards the field. A soft chuckle escaped him when she said that if he didn't make it that he was an amazing person and not to let it get him down. Oh he doubted he wouldn't make it, but he did appreciate her trying to cover that as it was still technically possible. The next part had him purring happily, he'd definitely be sure to show these guys whose boss. That alone had him far more interested in this sport, using a bit of extra restraint to keep his tail in since it wanted to appear and show just how eager he was to show them he was more than capable of playing this sport. "Thanks. I got this." He told her with a smile of his own, setting his things down before he was moving towards the group of the other's trying out. It didn't affect him that he was trying out against some guys who were also older than him.

Honestly. Ren felt like they could use any help they could get. While he couldn't use all of his strength and speed that came from being a werecat he could use enough to help him stand out without making it seem unnatural. Enough to get him a spot without bringing a bunch of questions towards his ability to be so quick and strong. Not to mention he knew how to be agile and had great hand eye coordination. All in all, he saw the tryouts going really well for him. His role in the team didn't matter all that much to him, figuring he could make any role work.

Shi was a bit surprised to see Kai so thrilled at something, him seeming eager to learn what his friend is learning. Having a way to speak would help his son..He let out a small huff of approval and a nudge to show he wouldn’t mind Kai learning how to speak sign language. “It is wonderful isn’t it? A way to speak and I suppose outside of helping communication if they can’t overcome his quietness, knowing two languages is quite useful” She grinned, happy to see her son Yuki so delighted with having a friend who seems to want to communicate and be around him. “They have classes at the public library on the weekends we can take them to”

—/

Solaria cheered for him as much as she was able, looking on him in awe. He was quite the powerhouse and speedster..and that wasn’t his full power. He…really was something else. She heard he made quarterback, the biggest smile and slight rosey cheeks on her face that Ren made the team. Of course he did..look at him. “You made it!” She smiled, running to go hug him

Seeing as Shi didn't have a complaint with Kai learning sign language she turned her attention back to Yuki's mom. "I definitely agree. It's a useful skill for them to have." She replied with a smile. The fact that Kai seemed eager to learn it because Yuki was also made her realize how much their son really liked having the younger man to play with and as a friend. Finding it rather sweet of him to want to learn this. "That would be great." She added at the mention of there being sign language classes at the library on the weekends that they could take the pair too. Thinking that Kai would definitely have an easier time picking it up if he was learning with his friend. "Gives them another thing they can do together." Alise said with a smile. Kai thoroughly happy that he'd be able to learn it with Yuki.

Ren had to admit, while he didn't doubt his ability to get on the team he was pleased with the position he got. His eyes turning instantly towards Solaria who was running towards him, hugging her back with a very pleased purr. If he got this kind of response from Solaria just for making the team he was excited to see what other types of responses he'd get throughout the season. "Thanks to you cheering me on." He replied as the hug broke, flashing a happy smile. Once he got the schedule for the season he gathered his things with Solaria so they could head home.