An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

"But he's already gone so much." Ren mumbled a little depressed by the idea. As much as Ren was happy that Ash was making friends, found a guy he seemed to really like if not love he missed having him around all the time. Feeling like classes would just steal what little time he did have. Then again, maybe he was worried about nothing. After all he should just be happy that Ash was happy and settling in well. Seeing how excited Solaria got at the mention of them potentially going to school together when he was ready. While he liked the thought of spending more time with her and new that would still be a little ways away or made him anxious.

"That's grea, Solaria! I am sure you will have a great time in high school." Kaine replied with a smile. His eyes going to a pouting Ren, "Ash will always have time for you, Ren. While Ash is doing his own thing we can help you find things to do that interest you too." Kaine offered. Thinking it'd help Ren with ash being busy but also help him get used to being around humans. Especially if they found things Ren liked to do that was offered as a class for kids or that was a group activity in town. Little things like that could make quite the difference for their son.

“Awww Ren” Solaria said with a little frown, giving Ren a hug. He must be so sad kissing his brother when they spent so much time together. “But you’d have fun, there’s coloring and snacks at lunch time, you can always stay inside and read books at recess time..It’s really nice” Solaris smiled, laying down and putting her head in the others lap and dozing off a bit.

“That’s right dear..He may be experiencing new things but he will always be your big brother and love you very much” Tenmo said as he pat Rens head, chuckling at Solaria dozing off for a nap in his lap. “I’m sure we can find things for you to do and for you both to do together”

Ren wasn't so convinced that school would be fun even if Solaria was there. Watching her lie down and rest her head in his lap did get his mind off the idea of school though. Momentarily distracted by her and how cute she looked falling asleep like that. Ren was briefly drawn from those thoughts when he heard his Daddy speak saying they could find things that he and Ash could do together too. He really hoped so since he wanted to spend more time with his brother. Sure he was happy that Ash had more freedom and was able to meet new people and make friends but he missed having him around all the time too. The young boy had quite a few conflicting feelings about it.

"I'm sure once you find something you like to do and once you can start school too you'll feel better." Kaine added. He knew Ren missed Ash always being there but the older man really needed this time to be free and focus on himself now that they had parents to focus on Ren. This time was good for the older man and it let Ash be more carefree something he couldn't do back on the island. "Besides, I am sure no matter what Ash will always make time for his little brother." Kaine added.

“Of Course dear! He will always be your older brother and you will always be a special person to him, don’t you worry. Everyone is different, he was just able to do more things a bit sooner. You will get there soon, and you and Ash will love school and all the town and world has to offer” Tenmo smiled, petting his head. “Soon, you’ll find a special person of your own too when you get old enough” He smiled softly, looking down at the still napping Solaria

"Promise?" Ren asked his green eyes going between his parents. He was hoping he'd like school even if he wasn't so convinced that he would and that he would still get to do stuff with Ash and enjoy this town and what the world had to offer. He wasn't worried about meeting someone special because he really liked Solaria. Finding his right hand.gently running through her hair as she napped with his lap as a pillow. "Why is there school?" He asked after a moment. Since it wasn't something back on the island he wasn't really grasping the concept.or why it existed here.

“Well, school helps you learn things and become more educated. In this society, it is important to go to school for not just learning but socialization with your peers. School teaches you about the world, how to do things that help you in life and all sort of stuff” Tenmo tried  to explain the concept of school with a smile. It made sense they didn’t have a formal schooling on a small remote island. 

"But can't you learn those things without school?" Ren questioned. He was trying to understand why it was that way but he couldn't grasp why someone had to go to school to learn things that'd help them in their life later or for socialization. Ren felt like they could learn useful trades and skills as well as socialize outside of school. There was probably more to it than he was grasping though. Not knowing how things really worked here despite already being here a few months. The time had flown by and Ren did t feel like he fit in any better now than before. Still he had to be patient knowing it was him being timid and stubborn.

“Well, yes you can but in our society, the easiest way to do that is through schooling. Our society requires some sort of formal schooling up until a certain age, some do home School but we do want you to be able to attend a school with other humans at one point even if it’s when you are older and more in control and less anxious. It’s a complicated thing to explain, Kaine, any add ins?” He asked Kaine for some help, putting a coat he was wearing over Solaris so she wouldn’t get cold

"Well, the teachers in schools are also professionals whereas we as your parents despite living as long as we have still don't know everything or are proficient at everything. They can teach you better than your Daddy and I could and teach you things that you wouldn't have learned on the island." Kaine expressed when Tenmo asked him if he had anything to add. "We just want what's best for you and your brother. While we can teach you about some things especially in regards to the pack or coven too much has changed in our lifetimes to be able to teach you properly for this day an age." He added patting the boy's head himself.

Ren had listened and though he figured that his parents were right and that there really were things that they just couldn't teach him that he would learn at school he just wished it wasn't necessary. Though he was sure once he was feeling more comfortable and had more confidence that things would be quite different. That and as time changed around them he knew that he would be saying the same thing to his own kids some day even if it'd be easier on them since they'd be raised around the human world from the start. A small smile appeared on his face at the idea and even though he was young he still liked the idea of having his own family some day. Especially since he grew up in the village where that really was what everyone talked about all the time. His green eyes were on the sleeping figure in his lap while he thought about it and after a moment a soft blush sprouted up on his face before he looked from Kaine to Tenmo. "But... I don't have to go back to school after those necessary years... right?" While Ren would accept that he needed to go to a certain point and to a certain age he wanted to be sure he wasn't going to be forced to go back after. "I can learn everything else from you guys and the coven and pack after I finish school." He added figuring that was very true.

• 2 weeks later...

“Kaine could not have put it any better” Tenmo spoke with a warm smile. “While want to make sure you are ready for the school environment and are able to handle the crowds and not showing your form, yes you wouldn’t have to continue if you didn’t want to after the mandatory years. If you wanted to keep going, we would support you and if you didn’t we would all support you as well. We can see how you are in the fall and we can try again, and we can ask if you can be in her class when you’re ready to help ease the transition” Tenmo tilted his head to the sleeping Solaria who was starting to stir.

Solarias let out a small yawn, rubbing her tired eyes. “Always nice to nap on a nice day outside..” She said with a small smile, slowly getting up and trying not to blush when she realized she had been napping on the others lap this entire time

• 2 weeks later...

Ren listened as he was told that he wouldn't have to continue after the mandatory years if he didn't want to. Which did make him happier about the whole idea of going to school to begin with. His large green eyes moved back to the sleeping girl in his lap when the other tilted his head towards her. Starting school in Solaria's class might make things easier but at the same time he knew that he probably wasn't where all the other kids his age were when it came to the lessons. "Do you think I'll be able to catch up? They'd know a lot more than me wouldn't they?" Ren asked a frown on his face not liking the idea that he may be behind. That was another reason why he wasn't excited or interested in going. Even in the village he wasn't as well off as other kids his age, his parents being dead meant he didn't get the attention a lot of the other kids had and thus didn't learn the same lessons as quickly as they did. Ash had done well to teach him and he had done all he could to learn from the older man quickly but Ash only had so much time to spare on teaching him. Surely it'd be similar here, the kids here would be further than him in what they taught here and he'd have a lot to catch up on.

His dads had done well to teach him what they could and help find out how much he knew but he got headaches and became frustrated rather quickly. The things they learned here were so much different than what was taught back on the island. Then there were still learning about the pack and coven and just the thought made Ren's head hurt. It was a lot of information to take in and learn and he wasn't entirely sure he was up for the challenge of it. Ash seemed to be doing well but he knew that even if his brother was struggling that Ash would never show that struggle to him. "What if the other kids don't like me?" He softly questioned also a bit worried about that. Solaria was easy to like and get along with but he knew that the same couldn't exactly be said for him either.

Kaine gave their son an understanding look able to completely understand how the small boy was feeling. Ren was still young though and Kaine wasn't worried that their son wouldn't find his place in this world and make a lot of friends himself. "I am sure they'll love you." Kaine told the young boy before his eyes moved to Solaria who was stirring and waking up. Chuckling softly, "I'm glad you were able to take a little nap. It is a very nice day. How about we head home? Tomorrow we'll spend some time at the lake before heading to your house for your birthday party." Kaine voiced with a smile. Having Solaria spend the night during her birthday weekend was perfect as it allowed Adrian and Xavier to get her party ready without having to worry about her seeing something prematurely. 

• 4 weeks later...

“Now I am sure you will catch up. Not all children even having been raised here work at the same pace as everyone else. They have teachers that can help you catch up or at least learn at your own pace. Some times you get taken out of your classes and get help in your own room. Sometimes you are in a classroom with a bunch of children that need help or even you have two teachers in one room sometimes. What matters is that they find a good solution that works for you and will help catch you up in no time” Tenmo said with a soft smile on his face, rubbing his sons back.

“Now now I’m sure you will make plenty of friends. People may be shy and have a lot of questions at first since you know how kids can ask a lot of questions. But I’m sure you’ll make plenty of friends! Solaris was shy too when she first went to school and I’ve been told she soon made friends too” Tenmo grinned, helping clean up their picnic. “How about a pillow fort in your room tonight?” He grinned, that getting Solaria very excited. She reached out to hold the others hand

• 2 weeks later...

Despite his Daddy's encouraging words Ren wasn't necessarily convinced that he'd end up catching up. "It's a lot to learn though... and it's all so different from what we learn on the island." He admitted feeling like he'd have a hard time but knowing in the end he'd give it his best shot. The small boy wanted to make his Dads proud of him and do his best to learn as quickly as possible, to catch up to the others and to keep up with them. Even if it wouldn't be an easy task. The topic of him making friends he had a harder time being positive about. Feeling that Solaria being shy was different to how shy and timid he was. At least Solaria was human, which he was sure made things easier for her in the end when it came to making friends in a human school. He wasn't just from a different country, he felt like he was from a completely different world. The world that he knew was far different than that of the humans and he was worried it'd make it hard to fit in. "I'll try my best." He finally said knowing that was all he could do. He'd do his best to learn quickly and catch up and he'd do his best to be more accepting of human kids and make friends.

The suggestion of doing a pillow fort in his room tonight had Ren's curiosity. "Okay." He replied reaching out to take Solaria's hand when she offered it to him, a little more eager to hold her hand than he wanted to admit. That and he liked the idea of them going home, having had enough of being in the human town and around all the screaming kids. It was probably one of his biggest problems with human kids, even if he was the same age. The yelling and screaming was a lot for his sensitive hearing.

• Like 1

“Trying your best is all we can ask for dear. I know it’s a lot to get used to and we are asking a lot of you but we want you to be able to not be isolated for your life here. Learn of the world around you and hopefully in the future be able to interact amongst humans and such. You did very well today and I am so proud of you” Tenmo smiled and gave him a kiss on top of his head. “It was your first time doing pretty well among other children, you even went on a swing” He kept being encouraging of his progress.

”You really did! It was a lot of fun too. And school can be hard sometimes but I can try to help you too while I do homework sometimes! Me explaining some homework to you can help me, at least my easier homework” Solaria said with the biggest smile on her face.

Ren looked up at his Daddy as he was told that his best was all that they could ask for. Nodding, since he would do his best to do well in school, to learn quickly and to make friends. While he understood why his parents didn't necessarily want him to be isolated for his life here he didn't feel like he was. He had Solaria, probably the only human he cared for, and he had the coven and pack. To Ren that was plenty of company for his existence and he wouldn't have to worry about being isolated or alone. "Humans are so loud though..." Ren admitted looking at the ground as they made their way back home. While he did agree he that this had been the first time he had done well around humans it was only because of Solaria. But human children were so loud and made quick movements which spoke to the predator in him and which also hurt his ears and unnerved him. Turning to Solaria when she offered to help him by explaining some of her easier homework to him he had to admit it might help. Trying to keep a positive outlook and not already write it off as being to hard.

Kaine smiled at the two kids walking towards the house, carrying the bag with the remainder of their snacks and drinks. Really happy with how well Ren had done today at the park. It didn't take them long to get to the house so he ushered Ren and Solaria upstairs before turning to Tenmo and leaning up for a loving kiss. "Why don't you go help them build a pillow fort in Ren's room? I'll put these things away then I'll be up to help you guys."

Tenmo chuckled when he said human children were rather loud. “I think that is a sentiment I can agree on. They are quite a rambunctious lot, children in general. Pack children are a real handful even after they get reigned in. Uncle Otso nearly tackled Dad over here when he first came home to visit. But then again it is Otso” He said with a chuckle. Their first visits in secret to each other pack and clan home felt like forever ago. Bryan being at their throats while Alise watched, his father inspecting over him. The memories...”I’m going I’m going” He grinned with a quick cheek kiss as he followed the kids upstairs

”He’s funny” Solaria beamed before she was quickly distracted by the making of the pillow fort. “I’ll have to show you, it’s kind of like making a cave out of blankets and pillows” She beamed, going to her room and pulling the blanket right off her bed

"Pack kids are better." Ren voiced when his Daddy told him that pack children are a real handful even after being reigned in. Knowing he'd have an easier time with pack children since he wouldn't have to worry about whether or not he changed into a panther, or whether his ears or tailed popped out. "Except for you." Ren blushingly said to Solaria wanting her to know that he really liked her even if he didn't like other human children. Being told about Otso and his Dad he did smile a bit, it did seem like something his uncle would do and he could only imagine how his Dad had responded to such an interaction. Solaria talking about the pillow fort had him nodding, helping get the blankets and pillows gathered.

Kaine out their snacks and drinks away from the park as well as their other groceries before going upstairs to help the group. Amused by the mess he walked in on, which definitely seemed out of place in the normally rather tidy house. Though he knew it'd look much neater once the fort was built and everything wasn't strewn around the floor anymore.

Solaris couldn’t help but smile at being told she was one of the only human children Ren liked. Sure, she can be a handful but she didn’t think she was like most children. She had an higher IQ sure but maybe because her mom was a wolf and now her family was wolves and vampires too? She never really did fit in too much to begin with either...She thought but went back to focusing on the fun after her blush faded. She was showing him how to do it, needing Tenmos help moving the bed and chairs around. Tenmo was so busy helping them build it and set it up, he didn’t even hear Kaine come in at first. 

“And that’s a pillow blanket fort!” Solaria said when she was done, crawling inside of it. “Kaine Look!” Solaris beamed as she stuck her head out for a moment from the entrance

Ren helped a little though he preferred watching since he didn't get the construction very much. Though when it was finished he eagerly crawled in, tail appearing onto to disappear into the fort a second later. Ren purred happily inside the fort, really liking the smaller space after the park. Green eyes on the entrance of the fort as Solaria poked her head out.

Kaine smiled happily, "You guys made an amazing pillow fort." He loved how cute the fort is, and knew Ren was enjoying it side her had disappeared inside it and hasn't popped back out yet. "You three made quick work of the fort, I'm impressed." He missed shilling at Solaria before turning to his husband.

Solaris beamed happily at the entrance of the fort, happy at the compliments. “Best pillow fort ever! Ren held everything and we showed him how, he helped lots” She grinned, crawling her way back into the fort to be with Ren. “So do you like it? It’s like a little hideaway that isn’t under the bed” She beamed happily to him, petting his head.

“I’ll make some snacks for your little fort in there. I’ll leave you two be for a bit with Kaine” He chuckled, shifting into a wolf so he could move faster to the kitchen. He was beaming happily to himself that Ren had a friend he could trust like he seemed to. It made him proud..and a human of all things!

Ren's green eyes landed on Solaria as she came back into the fort. Looking up at her as she pat his head, he nodded. "It's nice." Ren replied though he still liked his spot under the bed, at least in the fort there was more space. Not that the amount of space really mattered when he wanted to hide out. Still, he liked that this was something they made together and that Solaria could be more comfortable in as well.

Kaine smiled, settling down at the entrance of the fort while Tenmo went to make snacks for the pair. Making sure that the pair were having fun and getting along. Not that he really worried about that, Solaria and Ren always seemed to get along.

“Good! I love blanket forts! I like reading my books in them and watching movies and doing all sorts of stuff!” Solaria beamed happily as she told him about the various things she did in a pillow fort. She smiled happily when she heard the door open again with snacks, sticking a hand out and pulling the plate into the fort. “Okay okay, little gremlins” He teased, watching them for a bit before he took Kaine so they could play by themselves for a bit and give Ren time to decompress on his own 

Ren listened patiently as Solaria told him about what she normally did pillow forts, liking the sound of it. His grin eyes dart to the entrance of the pillow fort when he saw the plate of snacks being put down, Solaria reaching out and pulling it in towards them. Kaine chuckled passing the pair Ren's tablet so they can watch a movie or something before letting Tenmo take him from the room. Following his husband from the room, to give the pair time alone. Knowing their son would be able to decompress better the less people that were around and it was clear by how he was cuddled in the back of the fort that he needed the time.

Tenmo sighed in relief with Kaine when they got back to their own room. “He is doing much better than when he first got here” He said with a relieved smile. “He at least went with us and even got on a swing. Solaria must be a wonderful influence on his confidence. Probably would have fought even harder if she wasn’t around. Either watch, I’m glad he went and he is even considering and somewhat willing to try school. It makes me happy..relieved...hopeful” He said with a warmer smile across his face.

The lights got turned off in the room, the light emitting from the tablet lighting them both up in a soft glow. She grabbed one snack, eating it carefully so it didn’t make a mess on the floor. She snuggled up to Ren, liking how warm he was and it just felt comfortable 

Ren purred happily, his head resting on his paws as Solaria snuggled up to him, looking at the tablet she was holding and letting her pick the movie they watched. Enjoying the quiet moment with just her, it was easy for him to pull a snack off the plate with a claw and eat it as they watched the movie. Purring happily the whole time as he really did like having time alone with Solaria.

Kaine smiled as they went to their room, getting comfortable on the bed with a pleased sigh, eyes drifting shut. "You're right, he is doing much better." He agreed nodding glancing towards his husband as Tenmo continued speaking saying how proud of their son he was and how relieved and hopeful he felt. "I agree. I'm just worried that he'll rush himself because he wants to go to school with Solaria or not want to disappoint her by not doing certain things. We should probably remind him that it's okay to take it slow." Kaine admitted a little worried about their son. As happy as he was with Ren's progress today and how their youngest seemed to be open to going to school even if only a little he was concerned too. Worried that Ren would push himself too hard and too fast which wouldn't end well in the end. He wanted the small boy to understand that it was okay to take things slowly and move at a pace he was comfortable with, not to rush just to please others or to be with Solaria. Kaine was sure that Solaria would back Ren up if he did have to go at a slower pace and be understanding.