An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Hearing Solaria say that his fur was comfy made a bright smile appear. While he would normally have been a bit embarrassed he was proud if anything that had to do with his panther form. Ren also knew that his dads were aware of his feelings for Solaria so it made it a little less embarrassing. As the food was placed on the table his stomach happily growled at the smells making it so he was quick to gobble down another piece of sausage while his dads got their food and joined them. Ren's ears appeared at the mention of there still being a tiny amount of apple juice. There was a good chance that there being any left meant it was because it escaped his or Ash's sight. "I want apple juice!" Ren said excitedly. Apple anything seemed to be his favorite types of food or drinks.

"Good, I'm glad you slept well." Kaine replied with a smile not giving much thought to the comment about Ren's fur being comfy. Since she didn't seem uncomfortable that he had joined her he didn't feel the need to comment on it. Finishing making his plate and setting it on the table luring Oreo away with some of her food. He got himself some coffee asking Tenmo if he wanted some as well.

“I knew you’d want the Apple juice” Tenmo chuckled, pouring the last of it for Ren which came out to about half of the cup he gave Ren. “We will need to go shopping again, you will run me out of house and home in Apple juice” He said with another laugh to show he was teasing. It was at least a healthy thing for him to be drinking a good amount of and wouldn’t stop him. He finally sat down, giving Solaria a cup of orange juice.

Solaria said her thanks before happily getting a big mouthful of egg. She cracked one yolk to dip her buttered toast into, always liking to do that. Tenmo couldn’t help but smile a bit, even if it did remind him of his mother. It was very adorable when she did it, knowing he himself picked up the habit when she was still around. He went back to his toast, taking a big bite of the jellied bread first

"It's better than anything else!" Ren replied with a smile knowing that the older man was just teasing. Apple juice really was his favorite and he'd seek that before anything else. He was more than happy to go back to eating his food happier with sausage more than anything. Which wasn't any different than any other morning. Sipping at his apple juice and happily and quietly eating breakfast. Once his sausage was gone he ate his eggs and ate about half a piece of toast before deciding he didn't really want anymore of it but making a point to eat some of it.

Kaine ate his toast first before he turned to his eggs and sausage. Happy to dip his sausage into his eggs. After he finished eating he relaxed back in his chair and was drinking his coffee talking with the others. It was a nice breakfast and he was glad that it wasn't just Ren home thanks to the sleepover. It was much easier to keep their son happy when there was someone else around to keep Ren occupied and for him to spend time with. Not to say Ren always wanted or needed someone around but it let them get things done without worrying too much about Ren when he had another person around he could spend time with.

Solaria saved some sausages for last, and two pieces of her toast so it could soak up anything that was left on her plate. She hummed happily as she ate everything on her plate eventually, putting her last one on Rens place before getting up. "I am going to try doing some homework for a little bit once I get showered and dressed so we can have fun later! Thank you for breakfast" She said with a big happy smile, putting her dish in the sink. She hoped she could take a quick shower and get her homework done faster than normal to get back to playing with Ren. She still planned to take her time to make sure her writing was neat of course!

Tenmo began to wash the dishes, giving Oreo a cat treat for doing less begging of food than she did for dinner. He hoped starting training her even a tiny bit now will help Bryan and Otso in the long run. "This is nice.." He looked over to Kaine with a soft smile. He loved having his sister over and since there seemed to be a crush between them to some degree, maybe it would help Ren out of his shell. Even if she was there only at the start, her presence might help him. "How about later we take them to the playground once we stop and get a few things? Or I can watch them there while you shop?"

Ren didn't complain when Solaria put her last piece of sausage on his plate, thanking her instead as he happily ate it while she was taking care of her plate and cup. Watching her head upstairs to shower and change before doing her homework Ren carried his stuff to the sink as well and excused himself upstairs. He knew he had to get in the tub too and he still wasn't really fond of baths or showers but he had come to understand that whether he liked them or not he had to do it. So he got himself in the shower and washed up quickly before he was getting out and drying off, dressing in new clothes and changing into a panther. He waited long enough to be sure that Solaria was showered, dressed and sitting at the little table before slinking into her room. Curling up on the floor beside her chair and resting his head on his paws green eyes falling shut more than happy to lay there and wait for her to finish.

"That sounds like a great idea. We can all go to the store and get some things, even some snacks and drinks while we are at the park then we'll go and let them play for a bit. Hopefully Solaria being there will help make him more comfortable and we'll be able to be there for more than a few minutes." Kaine replied. He really hoped that with Solaria Ren would be able to be at the park and around humans for a longer period of time. While he couldn't blame Ren for getting anxious and scared around humans it was something their son would have to get used to since it was something they wouldn't be able to keep him from forever. Leaning over he caught the other's lips in a deep loving kiss a bright smile appearing on his face. "I must say... while I was a little skeptical about having kids we have two amazing sons." Kaine admitted with a smile as he watched his husband. There was no reason to deny that he hadn't been the most ecstatic person in the world when they had discussed children and while they had in a sense just fallen into Ren and Ash that day he was glad they decided to adopt the pair and bring them home. The two boys were great and he found that he wouldn't give them up for anything.

Solaria had her math book out, looking down to see Ren being real cute and curling around her chair. Oreo was quick to follow, curled up on top of the other. He seemed happy in his spot or she would ask if he wanted to look at her book and learn more math but she didn’t want to bother him too much. She did pet him gently behind the ears before going back to her math. One by one the problems got done, thankfully quick with her math and doing the extra worksheet her teacher gave her even if it took a bit longer 

“I know you were love..and I’m glad we found the boys. I’m happy we can be a part of their lives and they a part of ours. I hope we can raise them to be wonderful members of society” Tenmo hummed, giving him a happy kiss back. Even if it took awhile, he wanted them to be able to walk among humans. Hopefully one day, they can even attend school among them too! That would be the ultimate goal

Ren shifted only slightly as Oreo climbed up on him and curled up as well. When Solaria was petting behind his ears Ren started purring happily, enjoying the attention. While she was doing her homework Ren was more than willing to have a cat nap. Ren only shifted once, rolling onto his back and stretching out. Feeling Oreo make her way back on him since he had knocked her off when he rolled over.

"I'm sure we can... though... Ash seems to be doing pretty well without our help." Kaine.mused with a smile. He was glad Ash found someone he liked and was comfortable with. Someone who he could go to town with and experience things there around humans but then come back and be able to enjoy the fact that they are both were-animals and enjoy that aspect too. "I just hope Solaria can help Ren cope like Asahi seems to be doing for Ash. Just... more innocently." He expressed.

Solaria chuckled, blushing softly at how cute he was when he was taking a nap. She reached down to pet his belly a tiny bit before going back to her homework. She was catching feelings hard even if she didn’t have the words for it. Ren was a nice boy and treated her nicely and was even more fun to be around!

”Of course! They are still young so we shouldn’t have to worry about anything more non innocent for a long time with Ren” Tenmo nodded, having that talk one day will be something else, whether he liked girls or boys. He seems to only just started having his first crush so who was to say what or who he would like later.

Ren started purring in his sleep again when he felt Solaria petting his belly even if it had just been a tiny bit. He liked the attention, any attention especially with it being Solaria and he could tell it was her. Even if Solaria was his first crush he still really liked her and he liked spending time with her no matter what they were doing. Which was why he didn't mind lying down and napping while she did her schoolwork. He knew it was important for her to get that work done but he still wanted to spend time with her as well.

"And when it is time for that conversation it's up to you." Kaine said with a teasing smile. Leaning over for another kiss before he was finishing up with what he was doing and heading out of the kitchen. "Do you want to make a list for the store? We'll grab some snacks for the park first and then on the way home we'll stop by the store again to get more groceries." Kaine said thinking that was a good idea. That way they could get all the groceries they needed but not have to worry about them sitting out at the park, they'd pick up some drinks and snacks for the park then go back when they left to actually get some shopping done. Knowing that Solaria and Ren would be a big help, Ren may get a little uncomfortable or anxious but he could always have Tenmo take Ren out of the store if it does happen.

It was frustrating when she got to a more difficult math problem but in a way she sort of liked being frustrated. She had to actually think about solving it and it wasn’t quick and easy to her. Ren being there helped her and she would reach down to pet him when she got too frustrated. Before she knew it, most of her homework was done. She could do the rest tomorrow..She thought as she got out of her chair, petting Oreo and Rens bellies. 

“Oh no no no not just me, don’t think you can get away with me just doing it!” Tenmo chuckled again, kissing his cheek. “That sounds good to me” He said as he got a piece of computer paper to write the list on. He made sure to put more helpings or apple juice along with anything he could think of, leaving it out if Kaine needed to act something

Ren had napped peacefully while Solaria was doing her homework, occasionally stretching out a bit more before he was curling up again a few seconds later. When she finished and was petting his stomach along with Oreo's he woke up happily purring loudly as his green eyes opened. Looking up at the other with big eyes before he was lifting his head and licking her cheek gently. He really liked her and he liked spending time with her as a human and as a panther. It was nice to know that he could be himself around Solaria without fear of judgement or prosecution like he'd probably get from other humans. One of many reasons he was sure as to why he was not allowed to show his true self to any other humans. Which was why he felt so uncomfortable in their presence and often times felt panicked.

"I very much think I will get away with just you doing it." Kaine mused with a smile. While Tenmo was writing the grocery list he went upstairs to check on the kids a small amused smile on his face as he watched the pair. He knocked gently on the doorframe before speaking so not to scare them. "Why don't you two get some shoes on and get ready. We'll leave for the park in ten minutes." He told them not wanting to give Ren too much time to panic beforehand and try to hide on them something he did occasionally whenever he really didn't want to go. 

It was a bit odd to feel a person purring but she had all the time with wolves so it wasn’t too weird. It was being more with wolves and not being used to purring, maybe barking or huffing. Either way, she liked it when Ren purred like this. “Hehehe that tickled!” She smiled, cheeks a bit pink but she smiled wide. She looked up when Kaine came in, smiling happily at the idea of going to the park! “Yay!” She cheered, needing to wrestle her shoes from Oreo as she was loving the shoelaces. “Come on let go!” She laughed as she tried to pry the claws off

Tenmo made sure he didn’t miss any dishes being cleaned and prepared himself to help Kaine get Ren. He hoped Ren would not be too much to handle today but could only hope once more and keep hoping she would help

Ren was rolling onto his stomach ears flat the moment he heard that they were going to the park. No longer purring as he watched Solaria wrestle with Oreo to get her shoe laces free and get her shoes on. Ren darted out of the room and into his slipping under the bed and curling his tail close hoping he'd go unnoticed. Not liking the idea of the park at all.

Kaine wasn't surprised by Ren's reaction to the park. He gave Solaria a smile before freeing her from Prep carrying the kitten downstairs so she could get ready in peace. "Ren's hiding again." Kaine informed his husband. Knowing Tenmo had the best chance of getting Ren ready and downstairs.

Solaria looked up concerned when Ren ran out the door, quickly tying her shoes and going after him. He must be hiding..where would he hide? She had a guess based on where he hid last time looking under the bed. “Ren..are you okay...?” She asked quietly, squeezing under the bed with him. “Don’t you like the park? It’s fun!” She said, petting his head

“I’ll head up now” Tenmo said as he figured Ren was under his bed, a favorite hiding spot of his. “Ren...you need to come out. You can’t hide under your bed forever..Solaria is coming too” He said softly, on all fours in front of the bed

"Noo!" Ren complained turning to put his back to Tenmo tucking his head into the furthest corner. "I don't like it there." He grumbled. As much as he liked Solaria and wanted to hang out with her he really didn't like the park. They had gone there a few times and he had hated it even if he tried his best. The other kids were loud and moved fast making his hunter instincts kick in. They were harder and harder to tolerate and control his instincts after just a few minutes. Making his anxiety high which only made things worse.

Kaine grabbed the shopping list adding a few more items to it before slipping it into his pocket and grabbing his keys and wallet. Since they hadn't come downstairs yet he figured Tenmo was still trying to get Ren out from under his bed.

“We can just play in the grass? I like looking at the flowers and watching all the bugs. The sun feels nice too! We can play together when we get there?” She asked, wrapping her arms as much as the bed allows around him. Poor Ren..he seemed terrified of the park. Did he really hate it that much?

”Ill bring some apple juice to the park and some snacks? We can make a little picnic out of it! I’ll bring some apples too and we can all have a nice picnic at the park” Tenmo said with a soft smile on his face. He hoped apples would be a good enough bribe

Ren tensed for a moment when he felt arms wrapping around him half expecting to be pulled out from under his bed. It took him a minute to realize it was just Solaria allowing him to relax for a moment. Then he heard his Daddy mentioning them getting apples and apple juice having a picnic. While he liked the ideas that both Solaria and Tenmo had offered he still didn't want to go. He groaned softly but then sighed, "Fine." It was clear by his voice he still didn't want to but he wanted apples and apple juice and figured this was the only way he'd get It. Unwillingly he crawled out from under the bed changing back and grudgingly putting his shoes on.

“I’ll give you two a moment so I will wait downstairs” Tenmo said softly, getting up and heading down the stairs. “I mad to bribe him with apples and apple juice but he is coming out on his own. Solaria seemed to help a tiny bit but he still isn’t fond of it” He sighed softly

”I like picnics, I’ll have to ask if they can get some cookies for it too or these tiny little apple pie things you can hold in your hands. They are kind of sugary but really good” She grinned ear to ear as she waited patiently for Ren to finish with his shoes 

"Well... I guess as long as it gets him out and trying." Kaine replied with a soft sigh. Not surprised that Ren had to be bribed to come out from his hiding spot but also worried that he was so unwilling. The first couple times he had been excited to go to the park but it had quickly turned into a chore when Ren decided he just didn't like it. If it wasn't for the fact that they thought it was important for him to get out and around humans and children his own age he wouldn't press it. But these things were important and they had to teach Ren that he'd be okay in those places.

Ren sat there messing with his shoes and taking his time putting them on not wanting to go. "They sound nice." Ren said softly as he finished messing with his last shoe and was looking from them to Solaria still making no move to get up and head downstairs yet. He knew he was just dragging this whole thing out but he couldn't help it really not being all that eager.

“I will have to try and ask if they can get them for us” She smiled, still waiting patiently for him before holding out her hand. “Let’s go” She smiled, taking the others hand gently. “I’m sure we will have fun together” She smiled as she leaned in and quickly flicked her own tongue over the others cheek before they would be going down in a moment 

“I don’t mind if he prefers not to go to certain places, but big places like parks and jus if going around town he will need to manage eventually. Of course he will come around but I hope it doesn’t take long” He sighed and hugged Kaine quick, hoping They can help Ren manage their anxiety around the town

Ren was hesitant to take Solaria's hand but he knew he couldn't hold this off forever. Taking it and allowing her to help him up, his face blushing a deep red when he felt her tongue flick over his cheek quickly. Though he didn't say anything as they went downstairs and met his parents who had been waiting by the door for them. "Let's go." Ren sighed with a sideways look before he was looking towards the older men kind of hoping they'd change their minds and not have to go.

"I know but Ren doesn't see it that way." Kaine replied returning the quick hug with a sigh of his own. He worried about Ren a lot and how anxious he got around humans but there was nothing he could do other than to continue to expose him to them in the hopes that he'd eventually warm up and be more at ease. Kaine really hoped Solaria would help him out but considering how unwilling he still was to come out and go it was safe to assume she didn't help very much. At least not yet, the true test would be when they got to the park. Seeing the pair come downstairs he smiled at them, "You two ready?" He asked not wanting to rush Ren out the door knowing it was important that he left willingly instead of being dragged out.

"I'm ready~!" Solaria smiled, not moving until Ren would begin to move. She did not want Ren to feel like she was forcing him outside but she really wanted him to come on his own. "I can't wait for the park! Picnics are really nice and I never got to go on one with you guys before" She grinned happily as she swung her hand lightly that still held Ren's. Hopefully Ren would enjoy the picnic too even if he didn't seem to like the idea of the park too much. Tenmo smiled happily as he opened the door for everyone, hoping Ren would walk out on his own and not to be guided further.

Ren let out a soft groan at the realization that there really was no backing out of this and that they were going to the park when the door was opened. Still he let himself go out first with Solaria and take in a deep calming breath before he was glancing towards Solaria who had happily said that she couldn't wait to go to the park. Must be a human thing. Ren thought the very idea of the park always unnerving him. At least... since the first time. The first time he had been told about the park he had been excited and eager practically running out the door but he hadn't had the same reaction since. Just not liking it and not finding it remotely appealing.

"Let's go!" Kaine said happily leading the way as he glanced towards Ren who seemed to be willing for now. He knew the closer they got to the park the more they may need to persuade him again but at least for right this moment he seemed to be going on his own with little reservation. That was a good sign! Maybe Solaria would succeed in making Ren more comfortable at the park after all! Not that he fully doubted her ability but with how his son had been behaving no one could blame Kaine for being concerned.

“Apple pie apple pie” Solaria kept humming happily, really looking forward to the sugary dessert on the picnic. She loved most sweets with apple filling and figured Ren might like it too. She swung her legs idly, Tenmo keeping checking on Ren every so often to see how he was feeling

Kaine was happy to walk along with the others slipping his hand into his husband's as they went. He was happy to see that Ren seemed okay right now and was just happy to see that he wasn't fighting it yet. Walking into the town he lead the way with Tenmo to the store to get some snacks making sure they grabbed apples and a bottle of apple juice for Ren who perked up when he grabbed them. Then he told Solaria to get what snack she wanted and a drink while he grabbed something for himself and waited for his husband to choose what he wanted too.