An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Oreo let out a small meow of protest at being moved, quickly following behind Ren and Solaria to the dinner table. "No no no, my bread" Tenmo said as Oreo was trying to hop up onto the counter to snag a piece of garlic bread. Oreo tried to snag it again but Tenmo was not budging or bribing her, opening a can of food for her to give her dinner and keep her away from the garlic bread. Tenmo began to cut up the slices, making sure they were decent sized chunks and enough for everyone to have two slices each at minimum with some extra left over. 

"Thank you for inviting me to spend the weekend at your house Tenmo and Kaine! I am going to have so much fun with you and Ren and Ash" She said gleefully, her eyes twinkling at the garlic bread. "Kaine, can you not put any sauce on my spagetti? I do not like the red sauce too much, its okay if you already did though!" She said, not a fan of red sauce but she was not completely opposed to eating it all together.

"Of course." Kaine replied not about to feed Solaria something she didn't like or want. Placing her plate in front of her and Ren's in front of him while Tenmo was cutting the bread and trying to keep Oreo away from it. "Do you want an alfredo sauce for your pasta? We have some I can heat up for you." Kaine asked her after he set Tenmo's plate on the table while his husband was feeding the kitten to get her to stop trying to get at their food. He wanted to make sure that she was happy with what she was eating especially since she was a guest. "We're glad to have you stay with us for the weekend. It'll be fun." He added setting his own plate down on the table.

Ren was happily sitting at the table and said a quick 'thank you' when his food was set down in front of him. A happy hum his response as he took his first bite enjoying it quite a bit. When the garlic bread was finished being cut and put on the table he was happy to munch on that too. There was still quite a few foods that he didn't like or wouldn't try but for the most part he had liked a lot of what was given to him. At the mention of them being glad that Solaria was staying with them and how it'd be a fun weekend he nodded in agreement.

"If it isn't too much trouble, that would be nice, thank you so much!" Solaria smiled happily, Tenmo hearing the request from the kitchen. Once he set the bread down on all the plates, he searched the fridge for the alfredo sauce, glad he bought extra since he loved alfredo sauce himself. He looked at the package for the heating instructions, heating it up while helping to plate the rest of the dinners with red sauce. 

Solaria beamed happily, the plates eventually coming out, hers taking another minute with the alfredo sauce needing time to heat up. "Thanks~!" She said happily, looking at the mound of noodles and sauce. She happily took a mouthful, loving Tenmo and Kaines cooking, maybe not as much as her Dads of course but it was still good! She swallowed first before speaking, saying "What movie are we going to watch?" She asked

After Solaria said she would like the alfredo sauce with hers he checked on Tenmo to see his husband had already grabbed it and was heating it up for her. He didn't mind doing little things like this, especially if it was something she liked more and was happy to eat. After they were all settled at the table to eat and he had taken a bite he heard Solaria ask what movie they'd be watching. "I thought we'd watch Eragon." Kaine replied thinking it was a good movie for Ren and Solaria to see. He didn't want to put on a little kids movie that the two would get bored with or not like. Eragon fit their age better and he figured a nice adventure type movie would be more interesting for the pair than the normal kids animation movies.

As they ate they were happy to talk and just enjoy each other's company. They had never taken Solaria before even for a night so it was a nice change compared to how things normally were around the house. Kaine had gone on a hunt early that morning and was feeling great which would definitely help with having a human in the house for the weekend. Overall Kaine saw this being a good weekend and Ren seemed happy too, eating his dinner and contributing to the conversation between bites.

"Oh, I think that movie has a dragon in it! I read the book last summer, I love movies in the fantasy genre, they are my favorite. Miss Hunny encourages me to read above my grade level to sti..stim..uhh..oh, stimulate my mind! She has to give me different tests than the other kids because the work is too easy for me" She nodded as she continued to read. "I like reading books! I want to have a library just like Belle one day" She smiled happily before keeping her focus on the pasta in front of her. 

"That's wonderful Solaria, I am glad you are a book lover" Tenmo smiled, patting her head and swirling his fork around to get the noodles in his mouth. He enjoyed the rest of his dinner and saved the best for last, his garlic bread. He smiled in delight eating the pieces, Solaria having only saved one slice for the end. "Thank you!" She smiled once she finished, taking her plate to the sink

"Good. I'm glad it's a movie in a genre that you like." Kaine replied glad to hear that he had picked a movie that she'd hopefully like. Having picked it largely because he knew it was a type of movie Ren hadn't seen before and he was trying to see what interested their son. But in the end he hoped both of them enjoyed the movie. "I agree. It's a good thing that you like to read."

Ren for the most part had stayed quiet occasionally saying something but more focused on the food. After they had finished eating Ren was happy to go into the living room with Solaria to get settled for the movie while his dads got a few snacks and drinks for it.

Solaria got some cushions and a small comforter for the floor, making herself comfortable. Oreo was eager to join in on the action, Solaria helping her up on the sofa before sitting beside Ren. She couldn’t wait for the movie to start!

”Classic popcorn of course! I’ll take care of that” Tenmo nodded as he got the bowl ready and started popping the popcorn in the microwave. What was a family movie night without a bowl of popcorn?!

Ren smiled when Solaria sat down beside him, even if it was to be expected he really liked having her close. These thoughts caused him to blush though and he looked down at his lap trying not to act as awkward as he was suddenly feeling. He was able to distract himself when his dads came in from the kitchen with popcorn and drinks for the movie. At least he could distract himself with this than how much he still clearly liked Solaria. His mind kept trying to jump back to the wedding no matter how hard he tried to keep it somewhere else.

"Sounds good." Kaine laughed when Tenmo said he'd handle the popcorn. He was getting a few different options to drink not sure what Solaria would like or wanted. Grabbing some soda, juice, water and bottled tea, this way everyone had a few different options depending on what they were feeling. Entering the living room he set the drinks down on the coffee table so everyone could easily reach them before popping the movie in and pressing play. "Help yourselves to anything you want to drink and all the popcorn you want. We can always make more if we run out." Kaine told the pair. Not surprised that Ren was happy to go for a soda, still remembering the first time their son had one and his initial reaction to the carbonation. Ren still was hesitant to sip at it at first waiting until his feline ears couldn't hear the carbonation as strongly as when it was opened before taking a hesitant sip. It ended with a sneeze though as the bubbles still managed to go up his nose causing Kaine to laugh despite his best attempt not to do so.

Solaria saw the others blush when she sat down, blushing a little herself. It felt really weird to sit next to someone and feel so funny. Like she wanted to be around him but being around him just made the funny feeling worse. And he was adorable..his ears, his everything. It was embarrassing but it made her feel better when he sneezed trying to drink soda. “The bubbles must be weird, let me get a napkin” She said, quickly coming up and coming back with a handful. She grabbed a handful of popcorn, back in her spot beside Solaria.

Tenmo was able to hold in the laughter barely, patting his head. “You get used to carbonation, a weird thing to drink at first. Now alcohol when you get older will be something else entirely so be careful, we will have to let you try some on our own terms when you’re older. Don’t need the first experience being somewhere without family” He chuckled, letting him finish the soda and getting quiet as the movie began, arm around Kaine

Seeing Solaria's blush only seemed to make his own deeper. He wasn't feeling shy just... different. But it wasn't in a bad way either and he really liked having Solaria there and being able to spend time with her. When he sneezed from the carbonation in the soda while he didn't mind that his Dad found it funny because he knew it was probably an odd reaction. Solaria got up and grabbed some napkins which let him wipe his nose and hope that he didn't end up sneezing again. "Thank you." He said giving Solaria a small smile before green eyes were turning to his Daddy who was telling him that he'd end up getting used to the carbonation. At the mention of alcohol interest was sparked. "When am I old enough for that?" Ren asked curiously.

"Not for awhile." Kaine told Ren with a small smile. Alcohol was still years away for Ren but he definitely agreed when he was old enough it was something he needed to experience at home with his family before ever drinking anywhere else. Ren seemed happy with the answer and was turning back to the movie.

“Yes, a long way away. It’s an only grown up drink that makes you feel weird. It’s not meant for children so you can try it when you’re of age to do so” Tenmo nodded, going quiet again for the movie, getting a handful of popcorn. Oreo kept trying to lick the butter and salt off of his fingers 

Solaria grabbed some tea, making herself comfy once more. She quietly and lightly reached out for Rens hand, putting it over his gently to lightly hold while they watched the movie. It made her feel even weirder in this good kind of way, getting herself more popcorn 

Ren didn't like being told that trying alcohol was a long way away being told that it was a grown up only drink. Wondering at what point he was considered a grown up but not feeling like asking since the movie was playing and they had already talked through enough of it. So instead he just turned his gaze back to the movie which was  weird but nice. It was definitely a lot different than anything else he had watched since leaving the island but not in a bad way either. His mind was distracted from the movie when he felt Solaria's hand on his causing a soft blush to sprout up on his face but he really liked it too. Ren turned his hand over so that he could hold her hand back even if it made the odd feeling in him more prominent he liked it.

Kaine loved seeing how the two were getting along and even though he noticed them holding hands he tried not to bring attention to it. Instead he just leaned more into Tenmo's side and whispered it into his ear so that his husband could see it too. Not wanting to interrupt the movie again or embarrass the pair and have them stop doing so. It was cute, and he was glad that they both seemed to like each other. A first crush sort of thing, or at least he figured it was that way for Ren not really sure if Solaria had a crush on anyone before or not but still finding it sweet regardless.

Solaria felt her blush come back and a bit darker when she felt the others hand move. Oh did he notice and was going to move his hand away? No, he turned it over and held her hand, holding his hand back. It made her feel that odd feeling stronger but it wasn’t so bad

Tenmo heard the whisper and looked over at the two kids. He tried not to audibly awww at how cute it was, managing to not say anything. First crushes are adorable~! He leaned his head on Kaines shoulder so the movie continued

Ren was happy that Solaria didn't seem to mind that he had flipped his hand over to hold hers even if she was blushing a bit more now. It was nice to be able to hold her hand while they watched the movie together. Sipping his soda and occasionally munching on the popcorn while they were watching the movie. It was a nice movie night and unfortunately he felt that the movie was over far too quickly.

Kaine found it adorable and he had a hard time keeping his eyes off of the pair and on the movie. When it ended he stretched out with a soft groan shifting to rest his head in his husband's lap smiling up at him. "That was a nice movie." He expressed before his eyes moved to Solaria and Ren. "You two should go upstairs and start getting ready for bed." Kaine told them. Not wanting to keep them up too late even if it was the weekend since he knew Solaria still had homework that needed to get done which they'd make sure she was able to do tomorrow.

“Awww already?” Solaria sighed sadly as the movie didn’t feel like it lasted that long at all. She finally and reluctantly let go of the others hand as she was told she should get ready for bed. She grabbed one last handful of popcorn to eat before she went to get ready for bed. She loved wearing her cozy pajamas to bed, going to brush her teeth first Shi ge she had a lot of junk food

“That was nice...” Tenmo hummed as he watched the kids start to go up the stairs. “A nice family movie night..and oh my god those kids were fucking adorable!” He said with a loud squeal

"Afraid so." Kaine mused when Solaria spoke a soft smile on his face. Watching the pair head upstairs his eyes moved back to Tenmo who couldn't help but express how adorable the pair was now that they were out of the room. Chuckling softly he had to agree that they had been absolutely adorable. "If those two do end up dating they'll definitely be the cutest couple." Kaine replied reaching out to take the other's hand and holding it happily. "They'll have fun this weekend for sure as long as they don't let any awkwardness come between them. First crush an all tends to have a bunch of weird or awkward moments."

Ren followed Solaria upstairs and went straight to the bathroom to brush his teeth and get ready for bed. When he finished brushing his teeth he did change into pajamas not that it really mattered since he often slept as a panther. When he was done getting ready he made sure to go see Solaria a small smile on his face. "Goodnight Solaria." He said with a slight blush. He was definitely looking forward to them spending the rest of the weekend together doing different things.

“Is it bad I am rooting for them to become a couple? Maybe it’s because it’s my sons first crush or they are just cute together, but I hope they do. Solaria just seems to make Ren happy but at the same time I want him to meet other kids but Solaria is amazing and...aaaa so cute!” Tenmo kissed all over Rens face. “If Ren will look anything like Ash as a man, he will be one handsome boy” He chuckled again

Solara was changed into her dark blue pajama pants and a pajama shirt with a sparkly cat on the front. “Goodnight Ren...” She said, quickly kissing his cheek again. She wondered what it was like to sleep next to a panther. Was it like a big fluffy teddy bear feeling like daddy?

"I don't think so." Kaine replied with a smile. Not thinking that his husband wanting the pair to become a couple as a bad thing at all. Kaine truly believed that their son would be a great match for Solaria, but only time would tell if they would believe that they were a good match for each other or decide that their relationship wouldn't be more than friends. "If the other men of the tribe are any consolation then I am positive that Ren will be one handsome boy." Kaine replied.

The blushed furiously when Solaria kissed his cheek quickly when she said goodnight. Giving a shy smile to Solaria before he was heading to his room. As much as he would have liked to stay he knew he should give them a chance to sleep in separate rooms. He was a panther by the time he entered his room jumping onto the bed and getting comfortable. Green eyes watching the door as he laid there for awhile. It was some time later that he just decided to go sleep with Solaria anyway. Slowly sneaking into the room not wanting to disturb her. Moving quietly over to her he watched for a moment before carefully crawling into the bed. Laying down beside her and resting his head on his paws Ren was asleep a few minutes later.

“Not as handsome as my man of course” Tenmo said after a handful of snacks and a sip of soda, kissing down the others neck. “Now you too, off to bed” He chuckled as he lifted the other in his arms once he helped clean up. He whisked him away upstairs, setting him down before he joined him

Solaria found it harder to go to sleep when she kept thinking of his cute blushing face. She was able to eventually, not knowing Ren came into her room. In her sleep, she felt the bed shift or someone was in bed with her. She rolled over and her arms now cuddled Ren, face burying herself a tiny bit in the panthers fur, smiling happily to herself

"Or mine." Kaine purred with a smile. Enjoying the attention to his neck before they were cleaning up, taking care of the remaining popcorn and drinks. "Such a strong handsome man." He mused with a smile as he was lifted into his husband's arms before being whisked away upstairs. "Aww! Such a shame." Kaine purred when told that it was time for him or rather them to be off to bed too. Tenmo was quick to join him after setting him on the bed and Kaine was quick and happy to give his husband a loving kiss before cuddling up to him to get some sleep.

Ren slept much better after joining Solaria. Enjoying the warmth of another body and the gentle breathing of the other sleeping figure. He slept like a rock the entire night, shifting only to stretch out a little or to make sure he was always touching the other even if only a little bit. Enjoying and needing the contact.

Solaria woke up early the next morning, feeling soft fur against her cheek and seeing Ren was in her bed. She blushed the tiniest bit but smiled, closing her eyes and going back to sleep for a tiny bit. She wanted to enjoy the warmth a bit longer, liking the smooth fur and feeling the gentle rise and fall.

Tenmo didn’t want to wake up early but he wanted to make a nice spread for the kids for their first morning of their sleepover. He made sure there was a lot of meat for the kids even if mainly Ren, Ash must have spent the night with Asahi as he couldn’t smell him around or he would be storming the kitchen for the meat by now. 

Ren was sleeping soundly until the smell of meat hit his nose. Sniffing in his sleep at first before he sharply sat up head turning for the door. It took him a minute to remember that he was in the spare room with Solaria head moving to see if she was still sleeping. He leaned over and gave a quick lock to her cheek before carefully moving to jump off the bed, quickly darting down the stairs and into the kitchen right to where his Daddy was cooking sitting at his feet with big eyes.

Kaine had just been leaving their room when he had to take a step back to not get run over by an eager and hungry Ren. It was so normal these days that all he did was smile before following him down the stairs. Noting that Ren had been darting out of Solaria's room wasn't as surprising as some may think. From the moment that Ren and Ash had returned home with them Ren had preferred another body being there. Making his way into the kitchen he chuckled seeing Ren sitting in his usual spot at Tenmo's.feet begging for.meat while his husband cooked. "Only one large cat, huh? Ash must be having fun with Asahi." Kaine mused. He knew the two had.gotten really close really fast and it just made him think of himself and Tenmo. He hoped their relationship would end up being as great as theirs and that Ash had really found someone someone who made him happy. Something their son definitely deserved.

“Yeah, someone must have have their own sleepover” Tenmo chuckled to Kaine before the familiar sight of Ren was at his feet. “Just one” He said as he handed him a sausage once he was sure it wasn’t too hot. Soon he heard a low meow, Oreo making her way down the stairs. Solaria followed shortly after, still in her pajamas as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. “Morning everybody” She said with the tiniest yawn as she went to the table. “Yay scrambled eggs, you even made toast!” She said, her eyes looking at the spread that was being made happily as Oreo tried to beg her for a scrap of food

"Can't blame him." Kaine mused at the mention of Ash having his own sleep over. It was becoming more frequent since that first night that Ash had spent the night there but their son was old enough to make decisions on his own and they knew he wasn't getting into any trouble. "Good morning. How'd you sleep?" Kaine replied turning to Solaria as she settled at the table. Kaine then moved to get Oreo some food in the hopes she'd stop begging for food from the kids. Not wanting to eencourage her to beg for food.

Ren let out an impatient sound inching a little closer as he waited to be given a sausage. Finally it was handed over and Ren happily took it and swallowed it down before he was heading to the table changing and taking a seat beside Solaria.

“I slept really good..Rens fur is comfy” Solaria smiled as Tenmo set down the plates for the two kids first. While she was really hungry, she tried to wait for Kaine and Tenmo to join them at the table. She did take a bite of sausage because she was starving but she waited the rest of the time patiently. She hoped she could sleep next to him tonight 

Tenmo was buttering and putting some jam on toast for himself, letting Kaine make his plate while he was doing the kids earlier. “Anyone want anything to drink? There’s milk, tea and some orange juice? Oh, there’s a tiny bit of apple juice left over” He said as he searched the fridge