An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Shi gave a soft nod of acknowledgment to the pair, seeing Otsos smile grow at seeing the babies with them. “Otso..” He said quietly while he carefully used one arm to pull out a chair for Alise before he sat down. “Can you watch the children for us while I or we-“ He started to ask and Otso was quick to say “Yes!” before he finished. “-eat” Shi finishes with a small chuckle, feeding Annabelle. Of course he was quick to agree but was glad he did agree all the same

• 2 weeks later...

Alise settled into the chair that Shi had pulled out for her getting comfortable and giving Kai his bottle while Shi was asking Otso if he'd watching the children for them while they ate. Though she laughed softly when he hadn't even been able to finish asking before Otso had happily agreed. "Thank's Otso. We really appreciate it." Alise said giving him a smile her eyes moving to Bryan who she noticed wasn't eating anything. "You up for a hunt?" She asked him figuring while Shi showered and Otso watched the twins she could use a real hunt and it would be the perfect way to talk to Bryan at the same time.

"I was planning to go on one after Otso was done eating." Bryan said with a nod and a small smile. "Great! We'll go together then." Alise chimed in figuring it was perfect. While they'd head to town together and split up for the actual hunt they'd rejoin each other after so both before and after their hunts was the perfect time for her to get more information about what was going on with Bryan and the behavior that Otso and Shi both had noticed from him.

“Awesome!” Otso smiled happily, more than happy to watch the twins again. He loved the little ones as Shi was soon finished, holding Annabelle with Shi got Kai. “Who ate a lot today? You did! And I’m almost down with your guys stuffie! You’re going to love them!” He talked happily to the babies in the kitchen before they both left to get the babies settled in the room. “I won’t be long” Shi said as he set down the baby in the bassinet. “Shi, take your time really, I and they will be fine” He smiled reassuringly, cooing over them as Shi left the room to go shower

Alise handed Kai to Shi as her husband gave Annabelle to Otso. As the pair sent to get the kids settled she agreed to meet Bryan by the front door after changing for their hunt. It didn't take the pair long before they were out and hang towards town. "So... Otso and Shi seen to think you've been a bit lost in your thoughts and acting odd today. What's on your mind?" Alise asked not beating around the bush. She noticed that Bryan was thinking about what he wanted to say for a moment before the other vampire sighed. "I don't know... It's just... seeing Otso with the twins kinda made me wish we had kids he could look at like that and who made him so excited and happy. But... he told me that he wouldn't consider kids unless he was married." Bryan said softly. Alise was shocked but her face lit up all the same.

Shi had to take a quick peek at his wife before she left for the hunt, loving her hunting outfit too much. He purred happily before he went back to his shower and his time of relaxation. He didn’t expect Bryan to talk about it with her but knowing Otso, he was a traditional marry before having kids guy. He loved and would care for kids before hand but he always wanted kids after marriage like all the stories said. He didn’t think Otso would find someone to begin with so it probably helped the others line of thinking to wait for kids until he found that someone. Meanwhile, Otso was able to finish both stuffies, giving the Otso one to Annabelle and the Shi one to Kai

Their conversation for the rest of the hunt revolved around Bryan's feelings about Otso and children. It was such an odd topic for Alise to think about when it concerned the other vampire but she was still ecstatic with what all of this meant. Splitting ways to do their own hunts they rejoined each other after and talked more on their way back home. When they arrived Bryan left for his room while Alise went to check on Otso, Shi and the twins a bright smile on her face. "How were my babies?" She asked stepping into the room.

“They were good..I showed Shi but now I can show you!” Otso said gleefully as he went right up to Alise. “Come on come on” He said eagerly as his tail wagged like mad, near dragging her to the bassinets. “I finished the stuffies I made for them” He smiled, looking into them to see Annabelle was cuddling her little one as much as a baby could. “So cuuuute” He smiled with a big smile. “He has been doing that for the last few minutes..I could get rich if I was paid for every time he said how cute they were” He said with a tiny smirk

"They are absolutely adorable." Alise said smiling to the twins especially Annabelle who was clinging to hers. Kai had a tight hold on the tail of his studies which had her smile getting even brighter. "So... I talked to Bryan." She said moving over to sit on the foot of the bed eyes going from Otso to Shi.

“Oh good, he is okay right? His meeting wasn’t too hard on him? He can work himself to death sometimes” Otso smiled happily as he slowly rocked the bassinets. “I would take it it went well either way as you don’t seem weird about it so that’s good” He beamed happily as he hummed lightly. Shi raised an eyebrow, looking to Alise. What did they talk about when they hunted..? He thought as he grabbed a comb to brush his hair as it was still a bit frazzled from the shower

"Yes he's perfectly fine. Just has a lot in his mind." Alise replied giving Otso a smile. "I am sure once he comes to tell you what's on his mind that you'll be thrilled though." She added her eyes catching the curious look coming from Shi. Alise gave him a look as if silently telling him that she'd fill him in later than it was back to it just being them not wanting to tell Otso since Bryan had made her promise not to do so.

“Okay! I’m just glad he’s okay” Otso smiled, his attention quickly diverted back to the children. Nothing seemed to be coming undone, he was sure of it from how hard he worked on them to make sure they were durable. But they looked so adorable holding tiny stuffies, figuring he should make one of Alise to be fair. He would need to figure out how to make it if not for they were too adorable.

Shi saw Alises look, wondering what it was about but figured the other would say so later. He couldn’t tell from her expression but had a feeling Otso would like it from how she spoke. Bryan acting unusual was odd enough but he made Otso happy..

Alise fondly watched Otso whose attention was locked in the twins her own mind temporarily moving to what Bryan had told her. She had to admit he was right, Otso looked cute looking after the twins and just looking at them the way he currently was. At some point she got up and moved over to Shi settling down beside him and leaning into his side. Feeling as though Otso had the twins covered for a moment she leaned up for a kiss from her husband lovingly pressing their lips together.

It had been some time since he and Alise got together but he was still shy about kissing sometimes in the presence of others. He can usually go lay touch but he was a mush for his wife kisses most times, happily kissing her just as lovingly back. He held her closer to him, loving the warmth before pulling back to kiss her cheek. He saw Otso still singing to the twins, finding it adorable

Alise was aware that Shi was still sometimes quite shy about open displays of affection like kissing when someone else was around. Even if they were in their room, but she was impatient and didn't want to wait for the kiss. When it broke a bright smile crossed her face as her cheek was kissed. One now happily leaving into his side and watching as Otso was singing to the twins. "He really is cute taking care of the twins." Alise mused a smile on her face. Her eyes moving from the other wolf to her husband.

“He is..” Shi finally spoke up with a soft smile on his face. Otso was caring for them as if they were his own children, attending to any little possible need. His singing voice was adorable, it reminding him of how his mother used to sing to him when he was young. “No wonder even Bryan got all weird..Otso is too adorable around children, especially babies. He is adorable around. Babies” He said with a tiny smile

"I agree." Alise was glad that Shi could see why Bryan had behaved the way he had to Otso taking care of the twins. The other wolf was just too cute looking after babies When it made her incredibly happy to know what may be waiting for Otso one day soon. After speaking to Bryan she was positive that Otso would be getting that wedding of his after all. She just wasnt sure when exactly it'd happen. Alise had tried to figure it out but Bryan wasn't willing to say very much about it right now.

“Alise...talk with me a second?” Shi asked Alise as he turned his head towards her. He took her hand and took her out and to the end of the hallway so Otso wouldn’t hear them talking, leaving him singing to the twins in the room. “So...WhAt did you and Bryan talk about? I am all too curious and you seem far too happy soo it must be good news” He said with a raised eyebrow.

Alise gave Shi a curious look when he asked if she'd talk to him for a second leading her from the room and to the end of the hall out of Otso's hearing range. An amused look appeared on her face to replace the curious one before it. "If I tell you, you have to promise no matter what that you won't say or hint to Otso anything." Alise said her face turning stern this time. She'd be more than willing to tell her husband but she had promised Bryan that it wouldn't get back to Otso. If it did he'd think age had told him and she didn't want to take the blame for something she hadn't done.

Shi raised an eyebrow when Alise had made him promise not to tell or even hint to Otso what Bryan has said. “That bad huh...? Well then..tell me” He said with a small nod of his head. What had Bryan so out of it that made him act even more unlike himself around Otso than he was normally

"Okay." Alise stuffed glancing around to make sure there wasn't anyone around who could overhear them. "Well... Bryan liked the sight of Otso playing with Solaris and Ren awhile ago and asked Otso if he ever thought about having kids but was told that he didn't and wouldn't think about kids without being married first." Alise started giving Shi a look as though expecting him to get it already. "After seeing Or so with the twins today it made him want kids of his own with Otso. Children that they could raise and Otso could shower with that love and attention that Bryan admired and loved seeing." She added pausing again. When she spoke again it was to clearly state what Bryan had told her. "He wants to propose and have his own family with Otso."

Shi listener carefully, hearing how the sight of Otso singing and playing with Annabelle and Kai was a lovely sight. And yes, it sounded right that Otso would want to be married before having kids, it was his thing. He was sure he would have them now if he wanted to but he always saw himself being married before children. It did surprise him to hear Bryan was actually considering proposing to Otso, eyebrows high up on his face. “He is actually considering..?” He said in a hushed whisper, surprised to hear about this development. He never thought he would hear those words and didn’t even know what to do with them. Otso would be incredibly overjoyed!

Alise nodded in confirmation when Shi spoke in a hushed whisper. "Apparently Bryan's always like the idea of a family. He just didn't see or understand the point of marriage. It seems Otso's more old fashioned roots of not considering children before marriage is working too his advantage. He'll get the wedding he's always wanted since I can't see Bryan not wanting to give him everything he could want and in the future children of his own. They'd make great parents together." Alise said with a small smile. "Now remember. You promised not to say or hint about this to Otso. Bryan wants it to be a complete surprise when he does do it and doesn't want to feel rushed."

Leave it to old fashioned marriage and kids Otso to have that win over the stuffy vampire. “I won’t...” Shi said quietly, looking back towards the rooms doorway. Just a bit longer Otso..He does want to marry you. Just be patient and you will get what you always dreamed of..someone loves you enough to want to marry and even have children with you. “It’s going to be hard not telling him....I guess you could hint to Bryan Shi might want to help if you ask” He said with a tiny shrug, wanting to support Bryan

"I will." Alise said leaning up and giving Shi a kiss. "I'm sure he knows that I will have told you anyway. I can't keep secrets from my husband." She mused with a soft smile. "Now let's go back and relieve Otso of the twins so he can return to Bryan. It's been a busy first day for everyone ave we could all use some sleep. Especially while the twins are sleeping." Alise knew that the twins wouldn't be sleeping through the night sky they had to take the opportunity time catch some sleep whenever their children slept.

Shi nodded softly, kissing Alises cheek one more time. Thankfully he was good at hiding his emotions but Otso might be a different story. But he would make sure Otso didn’t find out until it actually happened. He went into the room, seeing Otso sitting silently and watching them with a happy tail wag. “You should go, Bryan’s back from his hunt and probably misses you” Shi said, patting his head before Otso took off in search of Bryan. He loved the twins but he loved Bryan jsut as much