Like/Thanks Button

YellowMelon

This is both a question and suggestion since I don’t know how the forum is set up and if what I suggest is possible.

1) Why is there no Thanks/Like button for posts in the Roleplay Arena and RP Recruitment? Sometimes I read a reply or post from another RP and I would really like to Thank/Like a well-written post, but I discovered there was no button for it, or I'd like to Thank/Like a recruitment thread because of the user's creativity with their ideas.

2) Another suggestion I have is to send a notification (similar to when a user mentions you or quotes you) when a post of yours is Thanked/Liked. I know I’m always happy to see when a post of mine is Liked/Thanked, but I have to return to the thread to see it. I’m not suggestion there’d be a record of it like mentions and quotes on your profile because there is a “Total Thanks.” I’m just suggesting a notification be received, such as "# likes" and when you click on it it leads you to the list that is shown for "Find all thanked posts by [user]."

Again, I'm not sure how the forum is run, so this is feedback on what I would like to see implemented, if possible, in YO, as I feel like it might brighten people's day to have a notification that something of theirs is Liked/Thanks (unless there is already a notification system for that and I have it turned off unknowingly).

On an unrelated note, why doesn't your credit history show when points are given by participating in contests? Is that because the forum updates automatically with certain posts and will not if credits are given manually? (This is a simple question of curiosity for me).

Thank you for reading. I appreciate that you have a section like this!

YellowMelon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YellowMelon

• Key

• batista

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I can’t answer your first question but, Regarding the likes/ thanks, there is actually a history of when your posts have been thanked Ao you don’t have to go to every single thread for it.

If you go to your profile go to the section “about me” at the bottom of the page you will find a link saying “find all thanked posts by YellowMelon” if you click on the link all your thanked posts will be listed, this way you have an overview but if you want to see who thanked your post you still have to visit your post by clicking on the tread, it will direct your straight to where you want.

And the credits you earn by participating in contests will be given by

. In the contest banners it tells you the amount of points every participant is certain to get, and the winner who will be rewarded more points will be tagged in the announcement so you get a notification.

1.) Thanks for the suggestion. Why we didn't have a thanks button in there was cause before, when we had our previous thanks system, which was added in the RP arena as well, RP partners would spam each other with likes for each post (some RP threads having 100+ pages, each with 10 posts / page) and the database would be loaded with plenty of unnecessary likes, making that database table huge.

2.) Again, in the previous thanks/likes system, we had a notification as for VMs/PMs and we received a lot of cmplains that it was spammy, since many of our embers post a lot in games threads or download threads and it would be bothersome for them to receive plenty of notifications each day. As

said (Thanks for your explanation), you can find your liked posts/threads in your About Me section of your profile. (:

And yes, the credits system is made for vBulletin, so it can automatically give/show credits for actions like post, thread, vote, but it cannot possibly show points given for contests created and organized by YaoiOtaku, so for those I have to manually alter the credits table each time a contest is closed. (:

:

I've used that function for Thanked/Liked posts, so I do understand that. Thank you for explaining that it collects the history though because I thought it cut off for some reason. I've also entered contests here, so I know how those credits are earned, but thank you for both explanations!

:

That was something I thought about, but I didn't think people would spam the button so much, although I knew there was some underlying explanation on why there wasn't such a button in that section. Also, thank you for explaining the question I had about the credit system.

Thank you to the both of you for reading and replying, as I understand how the forum works a little better now.