How You Earn Points

Key

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

what if I double click the 'buy', can I re-sell my extra copy?

edit: Oh I got it, :_red_fox 13

its my first time buying a card. and how lovely is my Yamamoto and Hibari :Red_fox4:foxy1

• 2 months later...
You earn points (credits) in the following situations:

• 1000 points for each dollar you
    Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
    to the forum

• 500 points for referral (when you bring a friend on the forum and the friend writes down your username in the Referral section of the registration form)

• 50 points when you open a poll

• 50 points when you open a thread in any section of the forums (additional points if the thread has many characters)

• 10 points for each post made in the following sections: Otaku Central, Otaku News, RolePlaying Arena and Characters Store, Asia Corner, Yaoi Polls, Creative Corner - BL Section (if your post has many characters you will receive extra points)

• points depending on how many awards you have in
    at the end of the month
  • 10000 points for creating an
    with a link to YaoiOtaku or MangaReado and 1000 extra points for each additional link

• Points for participating in
    , held monthly:

- 3000 points for participating in YO's Photography contest

- 5000 points for winning POTM; 1000 points for participating

- 5000 points for winning Music Box; 2000 points for participating

- 5000 points for winning BL Writers contest; 2000 points for participating

- 7000 points for winning The Mystic (Graphic Contest); 2500 points for participating

- 9000 points for winning Seiyuu ni Naritai, 4000 points for participating

- from time to time there are additional contests with special prizes (points and cards)

• 10000 points if you are the winner of the
    ; 2500 points for participating

• 1000 points if you vote in the

• 1000 points for joining us on
    or
    or liking us on
    . In total 6000 points for social networking. Request points

• 2500 points for promoting YaoiOtaku (putting a link to YO on another site, blog, forum, FB page, Twitter etc.). Request points

• 10 points every time you vote in a poll

• for uploads,
    :

10-50 MB - 200 points

50-100 MB - 300 points

100-500 MB - 500 points

500MB - 1GB - 800 points

1GB - 1000 points

2GB - 2000 points

3GB - 3000 points

4GB - 4000 points

5GB - 5000 points

Points deduction:

- 5000 points will be deducted if you receive an infraction (given for being rude to other users)

- 5 points for editing posts

I made a donation yesterday through the donate button on this site using paypal. According to this I should have gotten credits for it but I never did.

Dont worry:) you will get your credits, sometimes it just take a littel longer. I Think they are aded 'manualy' (not sure how to spell that Word) But u probably got em by now :) And if u didnt, just ask key. *thumbs up*

@

Sorry for the delay, yes, as fan_yaoi said, the points for donation, contests, Arcade, uploads, all are given manually, so, sometimes it takes some hours, especially if we are facing some issues (like now, with the server). Anyway, if anyone didn't get the points somehow, please send me a PM so I can check. (:

Thanks again for your donation! (:

Oops, I just noticed the additional credits. I think I might have been double credited. I received my credits shortly after I originally mentioned that I hadn't gotten them. I thought it was in response to that, but then I just noticed I just got another 5k today. Not that I mind, I just figured I better mention it for honesty's sake. I don't want it to become an issue at some point.

@

Thank you for your honesty, it's really appreciated, not many people would do that. It was a chaotic period, with lots of works but you're right, at a closer look it can be seen the credits were doubled. Thanks again for being fair. (:

Okay, sorry it's me again, but I'm a little lost. I know I read on the original post on this thread that edits are -5 credits (I feel that's a bit bogus. I'm really anal about going back and fixing my typos when I notice something escaped me, so I cringe to think of how many credits I loose to this. Penalizing me for improving the quality of my post feels counter-productive honestly) but anyway this was the first time I actually paid attention to my credit count as I went to edit something. Just adding in an s to the end of a word took away 9 credits. So wth? What happened to edits are -5 credits?

The credits deduction is implemented to prevent members from over-using the editing function, as each edited post takes up double space in the database. Members are encouraged to check their post first before submitting.

As for the amount of credits deducted, it was set on the same system as with points received for posting. You get +10 points for a post and each word brings additional 0.01 credits. For editing a post, 5 credits were deducted and 0,01 additional for each word. I removed this additional 0.01 credits so from now just 5 credits should be deducted when a post is edited. The additional 0.01 credits bonus for each word when a post is made will be kept.

OK that mostly makes sense. Still confused about the -9 though, because even with the deduction of an additional 0.01 per word in place at the time, the math doesn't add up since all I did was add a single letter. Even counting that letter as a word, the deduction shouldn't have been more than 6, but I definitely went from 1,019 to 1,010.

Not looking for refund or anything, just trying to understand.

How many words did the post have? Since it would be -0,01 for each word the post had (because larger posts would take larger additional space in the database, even if just a letter was corrected).

Oh, idk. Probably somewhere around 100-150. It wasn't particularly long, but it was an rp post so it was definitely more than a couple sentences.

Perhaps it added up to -4 credits. If not, then it must have been a vBulletin coding mistake. However, as I said, I removed the setting that deducted -0,01 credits for each word, so now just 5 credits are deducted each time a post is edited, regardless of its length.

But anyway, I encourage all members to check their post before submitting, as that way no editing will be done and no credits will be deducted.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

I have made a donation and was wondering where I should ask for points or will it be automatically added like when you make a post/thread/poll.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

you can read the first post to understand credits, with them you can add to your inventory in the

about what to do

and
are pretty popular!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...