[ZX-MetalMonster & Ms.Flair]

Ms.Flair

114cd3e43bb969f87baa4b0cd6afca6c.jpg

Marcus was in a car, as he was getting transported by somebody to get the training school for people with gifts like him. Sitting there, as he held his hands in his lap with gloves on. They were special gloves that would help him out with controlling his powers. He was affected when he touched people, since he was able to sense emotions and hear thoughts from someone who he touched.

Finally arriving there, he was introduced to the head person while his luggage was taken away from him dropped off at his room. He was leading into the training grounds where people were already training or goofing off. Marcus looked at the guy who he was, as Marcus noticed how some were looking at him now. Running his hand through his hair, while he watched the guy called out someone's name to come over there.

Who was the guy who he called over?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• Ms.Flair

It was mandatory to appear at the training grounds each week and Ezra was in the crowded hall only in order to meet this quota and avoid being given a talking to by one of his instructors. By now, everyone knew not to approach him, even his friends who would have liked to help him by getting his mind off all the bad things that had happened in the previous months. While they had stuck together and provided one another with comfort, Ezra couldn't stand to be around anyone for long and isolated himself in his room.

As he was equally uncomfortable with himself and his powers as he was with other people, there wasn't much he could do in the training grounds. In stead of even trying to get something done, he sat around and would from time to time take a slow walk around the location, waiting for his time to be up.

It caught him off guard to hear his name echo through the space, just loud enough to be heard over all the action that went on in the overcrowded building. Without a word he looked for whoever had called him and saw that a teacher was in question, accompanied by a person he'd never seen before. He admitted, he didn't know every single student admitted in the program, but he had a feeling this really was a newcomer. Knowing what this meant, he approached them with an unfriendly but noticeably pained expression.

Marcus stayed by the teacher, and watched a male came over to them. Marcus held his hands by his side, with his gloves still on his hands. Marcus stayed quiet, and watched them interact between each other;

"Thank you coming over here," The teacher started. "I would like you to meet your new partner, Marcus. He just started, and will be starting to stay with you. I thought I would bring him here to meet you and so you can talk," The teacher continued to speak about it. "Please try to be nice," The teacher said before starting to walk away.

It left Marcus there alone with this new guy, as he let out a sigh where he nervously pulled at the gloves. "I know this must be new or strange thing. I didn't think i would be forced into this situation, I tried my hide..my abilities for the longest time till I slipped. I am forced to wear these," Marcus said, giving a little explanation.

Extending his hand out, "My name is Marcus or you found out about that. I bet you may be curious about my abilities..." Marcus started. "I rather not be so public..." Marcus continued to say.

Ezra listened patiently while the teacher introduced him to the newcomer, all the while keeping his eyes steady on the older man. He turned to look at his new roommate only once they were alone and since Marcus started to tell him more about himself, he quietly listened to that as well, his expression having become blank.

-"It's not new, I've done this before." Ezra explained but despite what he said the situation was nothing like how he had met his previous two partners and he was thankful for that. Besides his name and a few snippets of information he'd just been given, Ezra knew nothing about his new roommate. The young man was very much a stranger and in an odd way, that made it easier to talk with him.

-"They didn't tell you anything about me, did they?" Ezra frowned but took the offered hand and gave it a light squeeze before letting go. "My name is Ezra. You don't have to show me your ability. I don't use mine any more, so you wont be able to see it either."

"Well I am sort of glad now that this isn't your first time," Marcus said, showing he was starting to get less nervous. He looked around, watching more people looking at him as he tried to keep his own cool. "I hope I am not too strange or weird to you with all of that information that was thrown at you there," Marcus said after.

Hearing the question, he shook his head. "I was never told. They said, you would be telling me anything," Marcus said as they shook hands but made sure the glove was on. "Ezra, that is a nice name," Marcus said before he was told the news from the other male. "You don't use your's anymore? Well I guess you are on the same boat as me," Marcus said right after what he said.

"I never used mine, my powers just come out when I don't wear these gloves...I am telepathic," Marcus brought up. Marcus looked around, before he made a choice and a decision. "Is there somewhere we can be more private? I would to at least let you witness as you are my new partner..." Marcus said, pushing forward. "Can you trust me with that?" Marcus asked.

Ezra stood ramrod straight once he learned he's in the presence of a telepath, afraid and tempted to back away from his new partner. His thoughts made him ashamed, he didn't want someone to know them or put them into words and most of all he dreaded that what was in his head would hurt the other man. It was the mention of the gloves that helped him calm down and stay in place.

-"I... I'm sorry." He apologized quietly, knowing the shift in his mood must have been obvious. "We can go to our room... talk there." All the attention the two of them were gathering bothered Ezra equally as much as it did his partner so he headed out of the hall, careful that the other male could keep up.

-"It's not that I'm suspicious of you..."Ezra started to explain once they had made the long journey across to the dormitories and were in front of their room. "But I don't want you to use your ability on me, if that's what you had in mind." He unlocked the door and held it open, waiting for his partner to step inside first. Despite his best efforts, he suspected he would upset the other man no matter what he chose to say and do.

Marcus noticed how he changed his mood, as he gave him a curious look. "Its alright. I get that reaction from being a telepath," Marcus said, accepting the apology that was coming from him. "My stuff should already be there. They took my belongings, and immediately took me here," Marcus said heading out with the man.

Walking with him, he listened quietly to him as they walked. Hearing that part, he let out a sigh as that dampened his mood to try bond with the guy. Stepping inside of the room, before him as he looked to see his things were there already. "These aren't my only gloves. I have different varieties," Marcus brought up to try to bring up conversation.

"I don't care what you are thinking or feeling. I have connected with people who are pretty bad," Marcus pointed out. "Trust me, I wont judge you. I even felt the lust and confession from my best friend..."

Ezra followed his roommate inside and closed the door behind them, locking it again by habit even though no one could come in and steal something with both of them there. He listened to the other man who tried to convince him to play along and sighed as he flopped onto his bed.

-"I'm in a very bad mood, I don't want you to catch it." He explained, unwilling to reveal that he was in pain and didn't want anyone else to feel the same way, or that he did think himself a bad man. "I can tell you what's on my mind though. I think you're being too forward with me..." Ezra informed, he didn't mean to offend his new partner and was only teasing him.

He rested on his back but his feet were still on the ground and he lazily pushed off his sneakers before climbing higher of the bed and shifting to his side. "I'm also wondering if you need any help unpacking?"

Marcus was starting to unpack his things, as he slowly started to put his things away that he put away. "You don't want me to catch it? I guess I can see why you would be worried about that," Marcus said. Marcus had a guess that there was something more, something more to all of this. "Too forward? I may be," Marcus said next.

"I don't need any help Ezra," Marcus said before he moved to sit on the bed now. Looking down at his hands, as he slowly moved to take the gloves off. Placing them to the side of him, his hands were smooth even for wearing gloves most of the time. "I like not wearing them sometimes. It makes it uncomfortable when I use my phone or anything with a touch scene."

Pulling out his phone, as Marcus checked his phone before he sighed out. "I had a guess but I cant really get a signal. I forgot this suppose to be some secret project..." Marcus commented.

-"You don't have to wear them here." Ezra pointed out and closed his eyes though he didn't plan to fall asleep so early in the afternoon. "It's not like you're going to have your hands all over me. There's enough room for us not to brush against each other by accident." He could only hope his new partner wasn't planing to bring other people into their room.

-"They will set you up so you can use your phone once you've been here a while." It was easy enough for the people who worked with them to make it possible to access the grid without giving away any information. What their instructors feared however was someone intentionally leaking information and for this reason they were given a connection with the outside world only after proving their loyalty.

Marcus was relieved to hear that, but he still had to be careful. One careless bump or touch and they could be connected to each through emotions and thoughts for a quick moment that they made contact. The next thing, made Marcus face lit up as he huffed out. "Why would I do that? I would never use my powers like that or violate someone like that," marcus said, trying to calm down from the feelings he was going through. He was annoyed but there was some anger there, but he decided to just forget about it."

"I'm not completely surprised at all. They do have to keep this secret from other people or news outlets," Marcus said with a shrug before putting his phone away. "They told me I could mail my family, which I may do," Marcus said before moving to his other things to try to unpack them.

"Im not only one in my family like this.." Marcus muttered more to himself.

Ezra opened his eyes enough to glance over at the other man once he noticed a tinge of anger in his tone. The last thing he wanted was to argue with someone so to make sure their conversation wouldn't veer in the wrong direction he shut himself up. Unexpectedly, he'd enjoyed talking to his roommate but having someone close by was already starting to tire him out.

With a heavy sigh he sat up and ran a hand through his hair, no longer looking at his partner or listening to him as closely. A moment passed while he considered what he could busy himself with and finally settled on reading a few pages from a book one of their instructors had assigned him to go through. He didn't speak to the other man or as much as look his way again while he stood up and retrieved the book from his part of the book shelf.

Marcus was pretty much done, but was just putting some little things away and even displayed a full picture of his family. Placing that on his bed side, Marcus looked over how he was reacting. Moving over to him, "I probably I am gonna head out. I wanna look around and get myself more comfortable," Marcus said before moving over to his bed. Going underneath the bed, he pulled out a case, where he opened to show the gloves.

Finding a particular pair, he placed them back on while he headed for the door to exit. "I gotta get my key anyway from the office. I never got anything since they took me straight there..." Marcus said before he exiting the room, and closing the door behind him.

Ezra looked up at his roommate and gave a light nod before redirecting his gaze back to the text he'd started reading. Hearing his partner lacked a room key, he made a mental note not to go anywhere in case the office was busy and the other man still needed him to open the door when he returned.

Ezra was usually able to stay focused but left alone again he quickly lost interest in the book, knowing he had more than enough time to finish reading it in the following few days. He stretched to put it down on the small desk close by his bed and kept it parted at the last page he'd finished.

With his new partner's things filling parts of the room that had been empty for the past months, Ezra suddenly felt out of place and almost uncomfortable. It would take him a while to get used to having the other man around and he wasn't looking forward to readjusting.

Marcus headed straight to the office, as he waited for his turn. When it was his turn, he signed what paperwork he needed to get everything settled. Grabbing the keys from office lady, before grabbed other things from her like stuff they would give. They gave him some stamps, and folder that would have everything that was needed.

Heading back to the dorm, he stopped by some pictures that were on display Looking them over, before he started to head there. At the dorm room, he knocked on the door before he entered back in. "I got everything from office, and it didn't take that much time..." Marcus said.

"Hey. I hope we make things work, so I was thinking we should do something. Something together to form a friendship maybe?"

While his roommate was away Ezra ended up watching a video, his laptop placed on his bed and a pair of big headphones covering his ears. He heard the knock on the door despite having the sound set on high and turned his attention to his partner when the entered.

-"What would you like us to do?" Despite being gloomy and still unwilling to get back to his life as it had once been, Ezra remembered how he had felt when he'd first been assigned a partner and a room. He thought Marcus deserved a partner who was at least polite to him and willed himself to give the man a chance.

With a soft sigh, he closed the laptop and put it aside along with the headphones before sitting up on the bed, eyes on his partner.

Marcus set the files down, as he placed them down somewhere but with his gloves still on. "I was thinking we can go get something eat and maybe..you can show me around instead of taking the tour? I bet you would give me more useful information," Marcus said.

"Does that sound okay?" Marcus asked. Making sure he had his keys, he pulled out a coupon that was for the caferteria. "I get to have a good deal on food while there...and I thought I can share it with my new partner.."

Ezra hadn't expected his partner to have such an extensive plan for them and wasn't up for being in a crowded room again. However he reason with himself that it was a one time thing and reminded himself there wouldn't be too many people out and about at that time of day.

-"Thank you. I'm not hungry but I can still keep you company." Ezra wondered if he could get away with showing his roommate only the most important places, or if he'd want to see everything.

As he stood up, Ezra remembered he was still dressed in the same clothes he'd put on for training and looked down at himself. "Should I... put something else on?" He asked quietly, expecting the other man to tell him what to do. It was almost like he couldn't remember how he's supposed to look when going out and what is appropriate.

Marcus brought something up, "Yeah and I can tell you aren't the most comfortable. We can even bring it back, so we can talk in privacy here..." Marcus suggested, after hearing that he wasn't hungry. "That would be nice, I dont know anyone so it will take some time before I get to know and meet the others here..." Marcus said after.

Marcus gave him a look, as he looked down at himself. "I don;t know truly. I was gonna change into something else, but I am not dirty or sweaty. You can if you want, I dont really care..." Marcus said with a shrug. "With these gloves, at least most of them I can still use my phone or any touch screens with them.."

Ezra was glad the other man sensed he was unenthusiastic about being out and around other people. However for a split moment it worried him that his partner, whose power was to read emotions, was having such an easy time figuring him out. He quickly told himself he is being paranoid and dismissed the thought.

-"Sure... I like it here more than almost anywhere else any way..." Ezra said shortly and for now didn't bother to mentioned the few rare spots he also enjoyed visiting. "I'll just change my shirt then..." He muttered more to himself than his roommate, thinking he would look acceptable even without changing the rest of his clothes. He pulled the shirt off and dropped it by his bed, adding it to the mess that already existed there, after which he crouched by his drawer and rummaged through it before he found something else to put on.

Marcus got curious at the comment, "What are other places you like to hang out at?" Marcus asked. "Go right ahead, I will make sure I have everything," Marcus said checking his day bag which was a runner's bag that had everything he would. Even a secondary pair of gloves just in case.

Marcus saw him take off his shirt, as he immediately looked away. He was glad that Ezra couldn't sense or read his own. "The office did tell me something. They may be doing a test on us today sometime to check out how he work together. So that means..I would need to use my powers. I already told them, that may not work.." Marcus started to explain. "They said we have to do it, or risk serious conquences," Marcus continued to say.

"Let's just go eat and try to enjoy the time alright.." Marcus said lastly before exiting the room quickly to not have any awkward silences or encounters with him

• 3 weeks later...

When his partner revealed they would be tested Ezra frowned and seemed ready for an argument. However before he could begin to rant Marcus darted out of the room and the only option he was left with was to quietly follow him. Arguing and yelling in the hallway where everyone could see and hear was out of the option.

-"I'll show you some time." Ezra answered his partner's earlier question but failed at keeping his bad mod from bleeding into his voice. He was unsure if he really wanted to bring the other man along to the places where he felt most comfortable, however he wasn't up for describing those locations now. Hopefully his partner would forget all about the promise Ezra had just made.

Ezra caught up and kept close to the other man as they walked outside. He was unsure if his room mate knew where to go so after a few minutes he took the lead but was careful not to hurry too much despite his discomfort at being outside again.

-"Do you know anyone here?" He asked quietly after a long while passed in silence.

• Saga locked this topic