Gay-marriage advocates hope New York vote a 'symbolic message'

lotusflower

ALBANY -- Gay-rights advocates are hoping their victory in New York, now the sixth state to allow same-sex marriage, will provide the momentum they need to secure that right in other states.

Can u believe it!!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yaoi Eater

• Furuichi

• lotusflower

• 현애

@Furuichi lol Furuichi, then people who "disagree"(the actual word is hate) with gay people what are? Unfortunately acceptance is still at a pretty low level

But I guess that even this step is a huge one

• Like 1

@Furuichi Very well said. Gay people existed and will exist, so why not accepting? A little acceptance won't hurt anyone :D

• Like 1

@Yaoi Eater.. I hope in a few years more they will begin accepting me and the others.. I really can't blame them because.. I also had problems in accepting myself before.. and even went to the idea of forcing myself to become straight.. and It came to my senses that it will never happened.. and all I need to do is to accept myself..let's just give it some time :) let's make this world a better place, I guess :p

• Like 1

the ones that r fighting AGAINST the rights for gay people an all

in my opinion

have no life

if they dont like they should jus ignore an be on with their lives

gay people just want to be treated equal

if i cant get through to those who oppose gay paople...

i dare not waste my breath on those who see flaw in falling in love

• Like 1

But hey, let's see the bright side of the things shall we? New York is a very important city and by allowing gay marriages it proofed that things are getting better :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Ok, i know this thread is a bit older but since this is still bothering me...

First of all, im glad that most countrys finally are allowing same-sex marriages coz hey, its tha same luv!

But, and this is barely known (and making me wanna bite into my phone), there is a TAX for same-sex marriages (at least in some european countrys)!

And some of my thoughts to the Enemys;

First of all, the Religious Motivated. Ok, Religions, not saying anything against em or to their advance.

They argue, that their god said something like that only Heteromarriage is allowed or something like that...

But I think that (luckily) only the really extreme religious go on the streets.

Then there are the Married, who think that Homo Marriage is devaluing marriage (idiots!)...

And the All-Beloved, Empty-Headed Right-wing Extremist... Theres a song about them (unfortunately in german [not unfortunately coz its from germany, unfortunately coz its in german]...), all i have to say is... Why the Hate?!?

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, seriously? That's so not fair.

I agree with you on that, "Why the Hate?!?"

Here in my country, same-sex marriage is not yet accepted and I hope and pray that it will.. Being in a religious country and all-- I wonder why I wasn't opposed to it like they are.. Haha ^ ^

It was a few years ago that I had discovered yaoi through mangas that individuals of the same sex can equally have the same dokidoki love story normal hetero couples have. They even have a deeper love story than normal couples due to the constraints they face that the society imposes on them. Those works of art make you wonder, "Why can't this be acceptable given that it is the same falling-in-love and being-loved?" It makes you realize that "Love has no boundaries".. To hell with the haters!

When I heard the news about Obama, the leader-est leader of all, accepting same-sex marriage it was actually very nice of him to give hope to those outcasts of society. If the highest can accept it, why can't the lowest? And then more and more countries accept it~ Well it's still a long way to go since some are unfair (the tax thing and maybe more)..

And yeah sorry for blabbering, I just can't-- Haaaahh.. Haha :cuteonion58:

yeah some country allowed same sex marriage.. in our country some people are trying to get the allowance for this. i am in a support team ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

"there is a TAX for same-sex marriages"

What TAX? What are you talking about? You mean you need to pay a marriage-fee? Heterocouples pay them, too!

Elaborate...

"First of all, the Religious Motivated. Ok, Religions, not saying anything against em or to their advance.

They argue, that their god said something like that only Heteromarriage is allowed or something like that..."

Based on what you said my guess is you're european/caucasian. About the CC/catholic church.

The Holy Bible does indirectly mention homosexuality:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(

)

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.(

)

Mwahahahaha--- bad Bible. xD There's even more!T..T Yup, just read the f**ing script. Mr. Bible-God hates gays. T..T

Anyways, let's get real;

The Bible's undoubtedly an unreliable source to say that all christianity is homphobic, because the script has changed over the past centuries. The current Bible has more holes than swiss cheese, however, according to the Bible God clearly condemnds man-man relationships. 100% against!XD

No worries, it's just a script. Both, the old&new testament are incompatible and fact is the Bible disproves itself on the first few pages! Yes, we all know that the new testament is incompatible with the old one because the old one is from before Christ. Sure-, but, if we ripped out the old testament nothing would change, because the new testament also disproves itself!

The old God was a "monster", the new one is a caring and loving god. One can be a Christian and deny the truthfullness of the Bible. The funny thing about the Roman Catholic Church is they managed to modify so much text&law, but people still believe the Bible-story. The church even modified the 10 commandments... it did the same with the Bible.

We don't know if God condemnds homosexuality, but we know that the Bible tells us God disapproves with homosexuality- a big difference. ^ ^