A Rebirth Beneath the Mask

confidant_v

Fell whined when Baz grabbed him, mostly aware that he was experiencing pain, but mainly upset that Baz wouldn't allow him to suck on him. Not that he didn’t appreciate Black for taking on the role of protector after he helped him, but the last thing he wanted was to be riding out of the forest on the dog’s back, watching as Baz went to go handle his own business. Black was patient with Fell’s ramblings about nonsense, medicine, recipes, Baz, being a half-fae, and anything else that crossed the doctor’s mind. That’s not to say he wasn’t happy once they made it out of the forest and to Fell’s house. He was ecstatic to drop the drunk fae on the bed, cover him with his blankets, and nod his head slowly as Fell’s ramblings slowly dwindled down to nothing.

Fell had no idea what time it was when he woke up; all he knew was that waking up made him more exhausted than when he had fallen asleep. He felt like he’d bashed his head into a tree and all he wanted to do was hold Baz close to him and relish in his warmth. Unfortunately, Baz wasn’t anywhere near him and Black simply wasn't the one he wanted to cuddle.

“Where is he?” Fell’s voice came out raspy and dry. He could see the amusement in Black’s eyes as the dog motioned with his head to the main room. It took everything in Fell’s weary body to pull himself out of bed. Even his wings felt heavy. All he wanted to do was curl back in bed and go to sleep for as many days as he wanted with Baz by his side.

So he needed to get Baz.

He stopped into the kitchen and stumbled around his cabinets for something, anything at all that would help his hangover. He knew he had something stashed away that could at least help with the symptoms. If only he could see what he was looking at…. It took some time but he managed to locate something that would at least take away the headache. Finally it was time to drag Baz to bed and force him to hold Fell close and maybe even give him kisses.

However when he walked into the main room he wasn’t quite prepared for what he saw. It wasn’t even the copious amount of people that took up nearly every square inch of the room. He could handle that. No, it was the two who were hanging off of Baz’s dick as if it was theirs to have.

For a moment Fell was angry with Baz for even allowing them that close. Then of course he was infuriated with those humans for trying such a thing in his house with his kelpie. He narrowed his pretty purple eyes, stormed back to the kitchen (not even realizing his anger had sobered him up rather well), and began digging through the cabinets once again. It didn’t take him long to find what he was looking for.

He made his way back to the main room and whistled loudly. The two on their knees were only distracted for a second, but it was al Fell needed. “Drink these before you continue, my dears.” They were skeptical and obviously eager to get back to their work so they hurried with the drinks and focused back on Baz.

But that didn't last long. The two humans were passed out on the floor in less than a minute; Fell didn’t even try to hide his smirk as he stepped over them, stood on his tiptoes, and kissed Baz deeply.

He would have loved to keep kissing him, but there were all these people to deal with. It seemed lately that Fell was tired of dealing with people. Perhaps he just needed more sleep…

“So… I’m Fell. I’m a doctor,” he said to the remaining conscious people. “These two aren’t dead so don’t worry. After all, like I said I’m a doctor. I help, not hurt. But uhh.. Please keep your hands off of this man,” he pointed to Baz, “And you won't wind up like these two. Fair? So I’ll get myself together, examine all of you, treat any pains or ailments you may have, and hopefully manage to get you back home.”

With that, Fell was done with his speech and mostly done with these people. He was tired, aggravated, and really really wanted his kelpie. They all watched as he moped off, past Black who was laughing from the doorway of the main room. He spoke to Baz he followed the tired faery who obviously needed a friend.

“His human side of him is really human. Like grossly human. But I suppose his fae side is really fae as well.”

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StainedCrimson

• confidant_v

When Fell initially enters the room, Baz is just about ready to knock the two out with some magic though the temptation to use his fists is strong. Seeing the other up, and obviously not in a very good mood, the kelpie watches with some curiosity as to what the other will do next. At the quick entrance and exit, Baz briefly wonders what the other is up to, but soon gets his answer when the doctor reappears with something in hand. Tilting his head he watches as the other gets the two humans to down the concoction, then watches them hit the floor with a thud.

Feeling no small sense of pleasure at the sound, he is then surprised but pleased by the obvious sign of possessiveness with the kiss following after his little coupe. Licking his lips with a pleased smirk, the kelpie watches Fell summarily introduce himself and dismiss the others as worthy competitors. Hearing the other fae's words Baz gives a small nod and hum. True, though he'll need to find a balance at some point as last night has showed. He thinks back while gliding past the unconscious forms on the floor and the other humans to meander after the others.

Passing the black dog, he gathers up the smaller male under one arm and pops into the bathroom. "Now then, I think a shower, with a lecture, followed by food is in order." He comments idly while setting the other down after getting the water going. He raises an eyebrow while looking out of the corner of his eye at Fell to make sure that he understands the order to undress and get cleaned up. "Let's see... How about we start with what all you remember from last night and then what happened after leaving my side once we entered the glade." Blinking he tilts his head as though a thought had just occurred to him. "Oh, and of course you'll be having a punishment for not listening to my warnings and causing trouble last night. Not too mention the payment owed me for going above and beyond with helping you bring humans back." He states before the other can begin to reply.

"Now then, in you go." Baz states with a nudge, getting them both under the water. Letting out a low hum at the feeling of his skin being caressed by the liquid, the kelpie begins cleaning himself off. Without seeming to pay the other any further mind, the kelpie slowly and thoroughly begins to wash himself, starting with the out extremes and working his way in towards his torso.

After washing his shoulders, the larger male slowly rubs sudsy circles around his chest with his fingers brushing over attentive nipples before the digits begin to move and circle their way down the pecks to the defined stomach. Spreading wide the digits lead the hands towards the hip bones before following the lines leading down to now hard and erect flesh standing proudly. Spreading his legs slightly, with a glance at Fell from under his lashes as though focused solely on cleaning himself thoroughly, one hand slides past to stroke and circle the sack below as the other hand circles around the hard flesh. Slowly the two hands move to clean their prospective parts.

Fell could do with the shower, without the lecture, and of course he could always do with food. But he’d accept them all. After all, he didn’t know why he needed a lecture. Last night was a blur and according to Baz he had apparently caused some trouble. What that trouble was he didn’t know. He racked his brain as he slowly undressed himself, trying to remember what all happened. Perhaps he deserved this lecture.

“I remember a large fire. I remember… Having fun. But I also remember being upset. I think… I think someone was touching me. I didn’t want him touching me, but it didn’t last long. I guess someone saved me from him. Or…. You did.” Fell cast his eyes downward as he entered the shower, suddenly feeling ashamed for all that may have occurred last night. Even if he couldn’t necessarily remember he knew that he had caused Baz trouble. He knew he had been stupid and he was embarrassed that he couldn’t even remember his stupidness. Even the water cascading down his back, neck, and wings couldn’t wash away his shame.

“I apologize,” Fell mumbled as he turned to face his kelpie, instantly struck by the sight of his gorgeous body. Naturally Baz was teasing him… As he always did. Fell’s lips upturned in a smirk as his eyes traveled up and down the body he so desired. Baz was already up and erect, and that of course didn’t go unnoticed by the small faery. Perhaps Fell could offer a bit more of an apology than just words.

“Forgive me.” Fell leaned forward and placed a kiss in the middle of Baz’s chest. “I shouldn’t have disobeyed you or troubled you. I know I need to listen to you, like a servant listens to his master.” His tongue lapped out at Baz’s nipple, licking up the water droplets that fell over it. “I’ll do better to listen and obey my master.” Fell slowly lowered to his knees, his eyes staring upwards into Baz’s. “Allow me to begin begging for your forgiveness by pleasuring you.” Fell never took his eyes off of Baz as his tongue trailed up his kelpie’s cock. He took his time, wanting Baz to experience every ounce of pleasure imaginable.

His tongue continued moving up and down the erect cock, until it focused on the tip. Fell took it in his mouth, sucking lightly before doing it harder. He soon moved down the entirety of Baz’s length, taking him in one inch at a time until the whole thing was his mouth, filling his cheeks and causing his throat to constrict around it. While Fell intended to pleasure Baz as much as he could to seek forgiveness for all the trouble he caused, this was just the start.

"Hmm..." The kelpie watches the other for a moment, even enjoying the attention from the smaller half-fae for a bit, before pulling the other off. "I think this is more of you wanting to have me than apologizing. We both know how much you crave my cock." He smirks keeping a firm hold of the other's hair. "So your punishment will be no contact until after you find all the humans you've gotten into trouble trying to find."

Baz pauses and tilts his head to one side in thought. "You'll always need either the dog or myself with you during the searches, if not both, and I will not make not touching me easy on you of course. This is to be a punishment after all." One side of his mouth quirks up in a smirk before letting the other go. Settling back, he once more takes a hold of his erection and strokes it. His eyes slide partially closed, and it almost seems as if he's ignoring the kneeling male, as he increases the speed of his strokes and begins to grunt softly.

With a final jerk, his head falls back as cum shoots into his waiting hand while the other continues to move as though getting every last drop out. A soft sigh is released before the larger male straightens and rinses his hand off. Glancing at the other he raises an eyebrow. "Best hurry and finish getting clean. You still need to eat something before taking a look at your patients." Baz reminds the doctor while exiting the stream of water. Not bothering to use a towel or clothes, he pads out of the room to lay down for a bit.

Falling on to the bed, the kelpie settles under the covers and falls asleep fairly quickly. While he didn't do anything too strenuous, he also doesn't have regular access to his lake or a body of water to recharge. So for now, activities that would otherwise be easy, take more energy and cause him to need more rest to make up for it. So much time on land... I should go back to one of the small lakes in the town. He thinks faintly to himself as he drifts off.

He seeps for several hours and wakes up close to mid-day. Slowly stretching with a yawn, he finally gets out of the bed to check on the others and to see what progress or problems have come up during his nap.

He should have known better. Punishment was always looming around the corner for Fell, and he never seemed to be able to avoid it. He never thought of himself as a troublemaker, but then again he had been mostly alone until Baz and Black showed up. Perhaps when living with someone else he was much more of a troublemaker than he imagined he was. Baz always seemed to be getting him out of trouble or punishing him for doing wrong. Oh well. Fell stepped aside when Baz pulled him back, though he at least got to enjoy the show even if he couldn’t be a part of it. He needed to work hard to behave if he was going to have Baz the way he wanted. With a small hum, he finished washing himself and left the shower. Eating didn’t take too long; he wasn’t that hungry to begin with. Right now he mostly wanted to check his patients and send them on their way back to safety.

Fell thought he would have been aggravated with all of these people in his home, but there was a comfort in taking care of them. Many of them were scared, and it was in his nature to care for others. He found himself in his elements as he treated their injuries, assured them of their safety, and gave some of them medication for ongoing injuries or poisons they picked up in the forest. The patients shared their stories with him; some of them had unwittingly been lured into the forest. Others had planned to make deals with fae who they thought could help them in one or another. Then there were the ones who were completely entranced, such as the two who so eagerly tried to devour Baz.

Fell imagined they would have been the most annoying people to treat, but the drink he gave them was rather potent. They were knocked out while Fell examined them. Unfortunately, he was no expert in spells and enchantments. There was nothing he could do to break them of the spell that had overtaken them. Part of him wanted to ask those faeries they tended to come across, but they were so tricky. He knew he couldn’t trust them. Fell had no idea what to do with them so he decided to just keep them sedated until he could find an expert in breaking spells.

It took almost all day, but Fell had finally finished taking care of his patients. He guided them all back to town with Black following and made sure each of them were safe before heading back to his own house. He kept the two sex-starved people in his basement (still sedated) when he went back to his bedroom to wake up Baz.

“Baaaaz~” he sang, not really wanting to wake him up. There may have been a danger in that, but Fell seemed to like testing the waters. “Baz?” He tilted his head as he placed a soft kiss to the other’s lips. This addiction of his was out of control. Or was it? Was it so bad to want another so desperately? He still worked. He still helped people. And it wasn’t like he did much outside of that before Baz showed up. Now his hobbies involved getting fucked by Baz, being slathered in his cum, and sucking him off. That wasn’t so bad… Right?

“If I beg you nicely will you give me what I want?” he asked, unsure if Baz was even awake to hear his request.

• 3 weeks later...

Baz snorts softly hearing the other try to get out of his punishment so quickly. "I think not pretty. It seems to me that you need the discipline, so no cock for you until your punishment is over. Perhaps it can even be incentive for you to listen better in the future, or at the very least be motivation for finishing your search quickly." Having gotten up he pads away to walk out of the bedroom.

A thought crosses him mind causing him to pause in the doorway, head tilted slightly. "By the way, there's no real way of breaking the enchantment on the two humans with medical or magical means. As far as I know the only way to do so is to try and remind them of who they are, try and get them to eat and drink to stay alive, and they can't suddenly stop having sex with fae. If you try to rehabilitate them without at least some sex, they will find a way to escape and go to the nearest fae they find." His head tilts back to look at the doctor over his shoulder. "So it is best to decide how you wish to deal with them now before the symptoms become too bad."

Warning given, he then goes out to the front room and looks at the humans that are crammed in there. With a slight tossing of his head, he snorts while eyeing them down. Pathetic. Just what do these humans matter to his little doctor? Since they're not the ones that he was looking for, there is no need for him to be worrying over them. While the kelpie knows that Fell is bound by his calling as a doctor, that doesn't mean the larger male understands it or feels any inclination of being kind or considerate to the humans he's helped rescue.

To him the humans amount to little more than food and entertainment, in regards to the two glamoured. Without any further thought or glance, he strides out of the crowded house to enjoy the spacious outside. Shifting, he sets to walking around and keeping an eye out for any overly curious or irritated fae.

• 8 months later...

It was worth a try, but Baz was one who kept true to his word. Fell knew better than try and get out of his punishment, but his addiction to the fae often proved far too difficult to overcome. Having a strong mind was essential when dealing with fae and while Fell considered himself someone who stood a better chance against them than normal humans, he wasn't entirely free from their temptation. Baz especially was someone who stole the little half-faery's heart without much effort. At the end of day Fell was no better than the two humans who craved sex from the nearest fae. He just had his eyes set on one in particular rather any random mystical being.

His thoughts shifted fully to those two at Baz's warning. So they'd stay like this forever? Fell had never dealt with this type of enchantment before; he wasn't sure he had the skills to undo what had been done to them. He was torn. If sex was a necessity for them then that was fine, but his own selfishness wouldn't allow them to put their grimy hands on Baz. Any other fae wasn't trusthworthy, or at least Fell didn't know any who wouldn't take advantage of the poor things. They had no wits about them, only craved sex at it's deepest, most carnal form. Again, not much different than what Fell felt for Baz, but at least he could snap out of it from time to time.

With a sigh, Fell stood and stretched before heading back to the living room where all of his new patients resided. What had he been thinking? Was it really possible to help all these people?

Yes, but not without effort and the burden of responsibility. On top of these people who would (hopefully very soon) be ready to go back to the world of humans, he had to deal with the two who would most certainly not see another human for some time--until after their enchantment wore off. And of course there was still the issue with his friends. Until he found them he couldn't continue with the cleansing of the lake nor his late night escapades with Baz. "I need help..." he mumbled.

Perhaps his savior was right in front of him. "Black!" Laying lazily in the doorway to the living room was Black, keeping his eyes on Fell to make sure none of these people decided to try anything strange with him. His ears perked up when his name was called, but he made no more reaction than that. Fell bent in front of him, gently petting his head as he asked for his favor. "Do you think you can roam the woods a little deeper than we did? Or even just search areas we missed? You might be able to locate something from my friends. A jacket, a shirt, even a body would be something. Any answer will work for me at this point. Please, help me."

If Black could roll his eyes he would have. "He thinks I'm a hound dog," he communicated with Baz mentally, quickly explaining what Fell asked of him since Baz wasn't inside to hear. With a yawn, Black stood, stretched and trotted outside where he saw Baz not too far off. Making his way over to him, he sat beside him and once again yawned. "Shouldn't you explain to him that he ought to be careful asking favors from people like us? He's lucky I have no desire to take from him. He's a naive thing, isn't he? It'd be cute if it wasn't so dangerous." With that Black ran off into the forest again to do his best to help Fell, but not without one last word to Baz. "Though I suppose that cuteness is what keeps you here, right?" He laughed as he sped off into the darkness.

With no knowledge of the conversation that took place, Fell stepped up to Baz and stared after Black. The dog, however, was the last thing he wanted to speak about with Baz. "So... Those two humans? Will they be in pain if they don't have sex? Or if I try to rehabilitate them? I don't want them near you, but I don't want them hurting either." Fell shifted, unsure if Baz was really the right person to ask about this, though there was also no other real choice. "I don't know any fae who could take them in and give them what they need, but I don't know if I'm equipped to help them. What... What do you think I should do?"

Baz snorts at Black's comments. As if that would be enough to keep me to stay. He tosses back. The comment is true. While the other's physical might have caught his interest enough for a short time, it wasn't enough to get him to stay. There was just something, shiny and catching about the little half-fey.

For him at least. It had been a very long time since anyone had been able to catch his eye, and even longer since he's had such a willing and responsive lover. For those things alone he is more willing to let himself stick around, even as he can feel the weakness and disease spreading once more through his body. Not from the initial poisons, no. This is from being too long from the waters of his home and power.

It won't be a swift or quick death, but it is coming. If his lake cannot be restored then he will eventually die. Most likely within the year. Tossing his head while internally grinning, he acknowledges that at the very least it will be a most pleasant year.

The reason why coming over to him and asking him a most annoying question. Snorting he fixes the other with a droll stare. Shaking his head he shifts back and raises an eyebrow. "I suppose you weren't listening to me. They are essentially going through a powerful drug withdrawal and, like some drugs, can potentially die from it. If you can remind them of their humanity or themselves before they became priya."

Baz shrugs, not really caring one way or the other except for the passing interest of easy sex. "That being said, they will be resistant to eating and anything not involving sex. So that means you'll have an even harder time to get them to recover or stay alive." Looking up, he tilts his head to one side in thought. "I suppose you could bribe them into doing those things with the promise of sex if they comply with things like eating, doing things they enjoyed should you know what they are, and things like that. Though there is no guarantee of course."

The kelpie glances down at Fell and slowly grins. "Why? Are you already going into withdrawals yourself and wondering if you can try to coax me to relieve you?" He teases in low tone while slowly looking the other over, clearly taking his time and remembering what is hidden beneath the clothing.

A soft laugh escaped Fell at Baz's teasing words. Oh, if only the kelpie knew just how badly Fell was craving him. Or perhaps he did know. He seemed very aware of how desperate the young half-faery always was for him. Though it hadn't been too long since their last session together, Fell was already looking forward to another. These restrictions put on him were certainly a dire punishment, one capable of driving him mad. Still, he smiled at his kelpie, reaching out to touch his cheek only to stop right at the last moment. A small whimper left him as his hand retreated away, though the smile never faltered.

"You're so cruel to me, Baz," Fell said gently, looking at his hand as if it had been burned. "You know how badly I want you and yet you tease me about my desires." Those shining eyes of his looked Baz up and down, much in the same way Baz had admired his faery. What Fell wouldn't give for Baz to take him right here and now, command that he take off his clothes and spread his legs for the kelpie to abuse that tender, aching hole of his until Fell passed out from the sheer power of his manhood. "You hurt me so by not allowing me to touch you. It's like you've deprived me of air, my love. Though I'm a determined man. I won't stop working until I'm back in your arms once again." If there was one thing Fell could be proud of it was his ability to complete his tasks. Finding his friends was just another errand that needed to be ran, and at the end of it all was the wonderful prize of Baz's body.

"Is it easy for you, Baz?" Fell asked, tilting his head to the side as he regarded the man who so easily stole his heart. "Do you find it difficult to keep your hands off of me or I am the only one who feels this pain?" The answer may not have been what Fell was hoping for, but by now the half-fae knew to never expect one thing or another from Baz. He was always a surprise; nothing was predictable with Baz and that was one of the many reasons why Fell desired him so much. Regardless of what the answer to his question was he wanted to know the answer. He wanted to understand Baz's degree of feelings towards him in some capacity. Then again, Baz might not even answer the question. Fell laughed at the thought; so unpredictable.

"I was asking about the humans just so I know what my options were with them. I want to help, you know I do. I just... I can't allow them to be near you. I simply don't know what I'd do if they touched you again, Baz." Fell rolled his neck, feeling his tense muscles as the hours drew deeper into the night. "I fear the next elixir I give them won't force them into a temporary sleep, but rather a permanent one. I've never felt so..." Possessive. Jealous. Angry. Hateful. Spiteful. All of these words came to Fell's mind, but he dared not speak them aloud. Baz couldn't know just how dark his heart had become in that moment. The desire to heal left him and was replaced with a desire to harm. And oh, how he'd happily harm those humans.

Before he could think any farther on the matter, he saw Black emerge from the darkness of the forest. The dog trotted over to the pair, dragging a jacket in his mouth.

"Oh!" Fell met him halfway and examined the jacket. "This belongs to Erik. Baz! This belongs to my friend! He's the one I need to help me fix the lake. Oh no, oh no. Please don't be dead, Erik. Please." A momentary panic set in as Fell imagined the worst case scenario. He'd still fix the lake with or without Erik's help, but it would be far more difficult and take much longer. He needed Erik for this mission. "Black. Do you think you can trace the scent? If you smell his jacket do you think you could--"

He was cut off by Black growling at him accompanied by a few threatening barks. Fell didn't back down but rather cocked his head to the side, wondering why Black was acting this way. After a few moments of being growled at, Fell lowered his head as he spoke to the dog. "Did I offend you? These are menial tasks I'm asking of you, aren't they? I'm sorry. I really am. I just... I need help."

Perhaps Black was the one who stuck around Fell because of his cuteness. All it took was that simple apology and Black was back at it. He hated himself for it, but he sniffed the jacket and headed off to the forest to began tracing the scent. Fell turned back to Baz, his expression one of hope and desperation. "Can you help me follow him, Baz? Out of everyone, Erik is the one I need to find the most. I know we just got back, but he may be able to track him directly. Please, Baz?"

Baz watches the half-fae reach out and retreat with a whimper with a raised eyebrow and no other expression. When the Fell finishes he gives a snort and tosses his head back slightly without breaking eye contact. "Of course I know. It would take much for you to be able to hide such an obvious desire and reaction from me." The other basically radiates need and lust whenever he so much as looked at the kelpie.

A slow one-sided smirk forms on said kelpie's face as he lightly traces one of the other's cheeks. "You forget. I am not being punished or under any such restriction. I can touch you all I wish and enjoy the result of you reveling in the touch while being tormented by being unable to reciprocate it." The touch trails down to rest briefly on the pulsing vein before pulling back.

As he does Black returns. After the bit of a stand off between the two, he sighs shaking his head. "I suggest you take a moment to reflect on just what he is, as well as remind yourself that he is not just a dog but a fae. It wouldn't go well for you if he decided to take offense or held a grudge with a request like that." He stares at Fell when also posed a request and, for a moment, even the kelpie's eyes become strange and other. Truly fey-like without the glamour to pass for human and sizing the doctor up as though prey.

Swifter than a blink the look passes, and Baz shifts. Even though no words are said, it is clear that he is also nearing his edge with requests that make him little more than a human's beast of burden. It causes a prick to the fae's pride which is always a dangerous thing.

Without waiting for Fell to fully settle on his back, Baz takes off after Black to follow after him. They head ever deeper into the woods and deeper into the areas that clearly still hold magic and the Neighbors. Or at least, those still in this world instead of the one they came from. Eventually they get ever closer, despite Black having to stop and search or backtrack at times. Finally they seem to reach an area they hadn't yet been to in the previous ventures.

The looks given to Fell by both Black and Baz made him more uncomfortable than he'd ever felt. He knew he'd messed up. He knew he'd insulted two very powerful fae; not only that but fae who also meant the world to him. Indeed, he was lucky that Black decided not to hold a grudge against him for his rudeness or even demand something in return. Sometimes it was difficult for him to separate the world he typically lived in from the world of the fae. It was second nature to ask favors in the human world. Help me carry this, please. Do you mind reaching that for me? Will you cook something for me since I don't feel well? I need your help, please come quick! Payment wasn't an unusual thing in the human world, but people did favors every day with no expectation of payment or taking offense. This new world that Fell found himself in was not the same, and he needed to remember that.

"I'm sorr--ahhh!" Fell was barely on Baz's back before the kelpie took off into the woods. If he toppled off, he doubted Baz would bother to come back for him considering Fell had also managed to insult him. He'd have to think of a way to make it up to them. Until then, however, Fell was focused on the task at hand. Once Black settled in one area, Fell jumped off of Baz's back and began looking around. Even a half-fae like him could feel the energy in the air. It was as if some entity's energy crackled around him, poking him and teasing at him. He found it difficult to breathe in this area. A few coughs escaped him and he looked around, wondering if the source of such a strong magical energy was still around. The last thing he wanted to do was stay in this place long. The hairs on the back of his neck stood as he wandered around some more. "What kind of creature is here, Baz?" he asked softly, knowing he couldn't communicate with Baz so long as he was in his horse form. One day he'd like to speak with Black and Baz in their animal forms, but that would have to wait.

Fell couldn't hold back his apprehension as he slowly walked to where Black had decided to lay down. Right beside the dog was a pile of leaves and sticks... A rather human sized pile of leaves and sticks. Fell swallowed hard and was even more fearful at the small whine and bark Black let out.

'That's the best warning I can give him,' Black told Baz calmly as he watched Fell bend down by the sticks and leaves. A sigh followed his words. 'Maybe one day Fell will learn to listen to me so I can save him these sorts of traumas.' He watched Fell slowly and fearfully push the leaves and sticks aside, as if he knew exactly what he'd find under them. Black was only certain that Fell had seen what was under all that rubble when he heard the young half-fae scream. Poor thing.

In his horror of seeing Erik under the leaves--his body pale, cold, and lifeless--Fell scooted backwards until he'd bumped into Baz's leg. Another scream escaped him from the shock until he realized that it was only Baz he had run into. He looked back at Erik, shaking his head slowly as reality dawned on him. "No. No, no, no.... Erik, no..." Tears formed in Fell's eyes and he covered his face with his hands as he tried to register what all this meant. Not only did Fell lose a close friend, but he also lost the person who could help him save Baz's lake. The risk of losing another person close to him had just gone up exponentially. How long would it take to cleanse the lake now? How could Fell fix the lake on his own? "Erik...." Fell crawled back to the body, not to mourn over it or pray over it, but to look through the pockets. He felt sick to his stomach as he searched for the keys to Erik's shop. He'd need to get in and snatch up the plans for the filter before the government came in and took everything.

'We should go.' Black began pulling at Fell's sleeves as he spoke to Baz. The magical signature that was in the air began rising, and while Black was sure that he and Baz could handle themselves things were always so much more difficult with someone to protect. Better that the three of them get home now than risk encountering this creature of the forest.

Baz snorts when Fell asks him the question, but doesn't respond being too busy keeping an eye out for the one that dwells in this part of the woods. His ears are back as he shifts while giving small tosses of his head and shifting in place. Even if at full strength and health he would be hesitant to tangle with this fae, but in his current condition he'll be leaving shortly. Baz doesn't even really respond to Black due to being preoccupied with trying to keep an eye out for any sign that they might be visited.

Shortly after Fell screams and begins going through his former friend's pockets, Baz jerks his head almost violently and very nearly leaves without the other as his self-preservation hits him. Still, he turns and grabs the back of Fell's top between his teeth before taking off at full speed. Unmindful of much except putting as much distance between them and where they were, he doesn't notice how Fell is doing at first.

Once they've gone most of the distance back to Fell's home, Baz stops and lets Fell go unceremoniously while looking behind him to make sure they weren't followed. Nostrils wide, he breathes a bit heavily before turning an eye on the half-fae. After a few moments the kelpie shifts and impatiently motions for him to get on properly, eager to get back and hopefully having avoided any unnecessary confrontations or interactions.

After reaching the small home he briefly pauses to let Fell dismount before going into the building. Barely taking the time to shift into human shape, he enters and heads to the bathroom in order to enjoy some much needed water. "I'll be awhile. Do not leave this house without me." Baz fixes Fell with a stern look before vanishing for his soak.

Make sure he doesn't leave. I'm not sure we left without being noticed and being inside might be his only protection if we were followed. The kelpie tells Black as he closes the door behind him.

Eventually he reappears and looks somewhat recovered, though still a bit tense as he eyes what he can see outside the windows. "Anything happen or has it been quiet?" He asks shifting his attention to the others. "And was there anything gained by our venture?"