The Vampyric Song (LoneDigger, Closed, 18+)

NicholiDeSchidor

The Vampyric Song

Character:

Name: Dameon

Age: (Apperiance) 20 years old, (Vampyric) 2 years since turning.

Race: Vampire

Sire: (He doesnt really speak of this, so its unknown)

2z6vz1w.jpg

Dameon let a shaky breath out as he laid out on the couch in the apartment they had set him up with for the weeks ahead. Being moved around so much was a bother. He began to wonder how much longer would it take before other's of his race would come out of their hiding places. So far, nothing had made a sound nor a whisper of their race. It infuriated him, made him itch in all the wrong ways that they had be reduced to mere rats hiding among cats that wanted to chase them.

But he kept up his mask. Only making himself seem as if the whole ordeal was a publicity trick. The human's thought that Damon wasn't really a vampire, even if he continued to tell them otherwise. Only those that had fallen for him believed that he was telling the truth, and they searched for him just to become something towards him.

He refused every one of them. Only drinking them dry and tossing their lifeless bodies aside. He had no use for human's, nor a fledgling. He had a job to do, not look after some little punk that thought his life was glamorous.

A soft sigh left his lips after a long moment of staring at the ceiling of the room. He had another long night to prepare for. So he stood from his spot on the couch and wandered into his closet to pick something different for the night's events.

Once he was dressed in his leather pants and undone button up shirt that showed off his chest and stomach nicely. He nodded and left his apartment. It was nearly time for his show to begin and he only had a few moment's before he had to be on stage. It had only taken him a quick moment before he was at the stage.

Mic in hand as he made his way out into the center with a smirk on his face. The concert went on as any other had before. His gaze had captivated all the human's within the room as his voice was seductive and tempting each one of them closer.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NicholiDeSchidor

• LoneDigger

Pretty hungry right? It's unbelievable any vampire can eat this much..."

"Heh, this is a 'you can eat buffet', I can't help myself. I'm going to show you my thanks by eating your money's worth!~ I don't know to repay you for your kindness, but thank you, I was feeling very hungry."

"It's a pleasure, I just like to give young men like you a good realization. I know you're a little misguided."

"Oh? I could assure you, I know I'm not in a good state with money but.. I can take care of myself, and I'm happy-"

"Are you sure?"

"... Yes."

"So you're telling me you're happy with your lifestyle? I seen you a couple times before, you're a nice man but I can feel as if you lacking to find any good purpose on your life. Perhaps God might help you find one."

-------------------------------------------

"What's wrong with you? You're going to have to address your shitty problems. Being a total masochist about food and money isn't healthy and it isn't a good kink ya know"

"..."

"Tell me, you can't continue think you're a piece of shit for the rest of your life, it's just wrong."

"Please, can't we talk about something else?..."

"Look at me Dameon... Just tell me."

"I feel like... I need something... But- I don't what it is... but as long I'm living like this, I feel like I'm doing the only good thing in my life."

--------------------------------------------

Dameon had exited the stage as he normally did, disappearing in a mist that wafted its way over the crowd. Appearing backstage as if it was a normal thing to do in front of mortals. Well, for him... its what he had done every concert. Most expected it of him. Other's questioned how it had been done, and where the mirrors where to the trick. A smirk touched his lips as he remembered the last time he had been questioned. He had been blunt and told him right out that he was a vampire. Only to have them laugh in his face as if he were only playing the part.

Shaking his head at the mortal's reaction to things, it was always an act to them. But it was his life and he was not about to lie to anyone the fact that he was and always would be this creature of night. A soft sigh drew from his lips as his gaze had wandered over the backstage, only to have the one that had won the prize for the night. A backstage pass, and an evening with him. However, it always ended the same with him. A meal.

He begun to speak with the girl that seemed to be hanging on his ever word. But he found no humor in the game he played any more. In fact, it bored him. But he wouldn't let that slip from his lips. After a long moment of playing twenty questions with the mortal. He lead her to his private room, speaking with the handlers. "I do not wish to be disturbed the rest of the night. My manager can get a hold of me tomorrow." He said before he lead the girl into the room.

Closing the door behind him with only a wave of his hand. He found the girl backing away at such a trick. He didn't wish to play this game any longer, he hungered after so many mortals had been in one place. Taking a hold of her by the back of her neck. He whispered softly into her ear. "Shhh... This is what you wanted, wasn't it? To know what it felt like?"

It had only taken a quick moment before his fang pierced into the heated flesh of the girl's neck. It drew out a groan from Dameon as he began to greedily drain her. Having almost finished his meal, his eye's opened to an unwanted being in the room. He detached himself from the girl and let her fall to the group only to hiss at the man. "Who are you? And how did you get in here?" He asked accusingly.

"Still have a healthy appetite I see..."

Kholodno murmured as he stepped forward, his movements graceful as ever despite his age, and almost... feline like in their elegance. But even so there was the faintest hint of a stiffness, an old injury that was stubbornly refusing to mend itself.

It had been such a very long time since he'd last seen Dameon, but the other vampire had barely changed a bit. Still exploiting humans while also trying to be one of them. He could never figure it out... what was it that the crazy bastard wanted? Money? Fame? Attention? More food? Which the hell was it? But something always told Kholodno that it was deeper than those things. Dameon was longing for something, crying out to the whole world.

"... I'm deeply offended. You don't even remember me?"

His voice hadn't changed, it was still deep, but smooth as silk. Almost deceptive how such a sound could come out of a man that was seemingly a bit feminine looking on the outside.

Ah, there would have been a time... a time long ago when they had first crossed paths that the mere sight and scent of blood would have sent Kholodno into a hungry lust.

But now it did nothing for him. Blood had grown old to him, he merely drank the stuff to survive, but he no longer pleasured in it like he used to... No wonder Dameon couldn't remember him. There first meeting had been a literal smorgasbord of the once delicious crimson liquid.

Flares of black swirled in his reddened gaze the longer he stared at this newcomer that had somehow made it into the room without his knowledge. A slow threatening hiss has just about slipped his lips at the other's words. Dameon paused in his defensive position for the longest moment as he scanned his own memories of anyone that would fit this man's description.

It was only when his eyes widened at the realization of whom had shown up in front of him. Letting a frustrated hiss leave him before taring his gaze away from the man. "You should know better than to sneak up on me, Kholodno" He said after a long silence played out between them. "I would of figured the last time would of taught you that a long time ago."

Dameon shook his head at the past memories the two of them shared. But the others words had effected him one way or another, despite the mask he wore to keep his emotions from being read. Relaxing himself from the tense position he had taken upon finding the threat in the room. He was slowly calming down from the thrill of being hunted, but it was his own reasons for what he did that had him acting the way he was.

It was the need for something... something to fill this emptiness in his bleak boring life. Despite the humans that constantly threw themselves at him, women and men alike. He didn't find the amusement in them any longer. No, he needed something more. Some kind of wall he could lean on when nothing else was strong enough to keep him standing.

Dameons reddened gaze darted back to Kholodno after a moment. "Why have you come? If I recall, last I heard... you went off to become one of the council's little pets." He knew he was pushing the wrong kinds of buttons. But even his Sire enjoyed that about him. It kept life entertaining, never knowing what little outburst or comment his little Childe would make. Despite the consequences to his actions.

"Old habits die hard."

The older vampire retorted with a faint smirk tugging up his lips. He just couldn't help himself, being around Dameon again had suddenly made him for the briefest of moments, feel young again. But that spark didn't last long before his face became serious again. This wasn't at all like the other times he had met the other. Now he was here on strictly business, not to act like the older brother or have fun with him again.

His own posture was very relaxed, not because he was at ease with the situation but because he did not have the energy to get upset and peacock around like the younger man was trying to do with that little intimidation stance.

Oh, but there would have been a time... He had really tried to Dameon back then. Be that shoulder he could cry on. But that's wasn't all it either. Maybe Kholodno had been just as selfish in his reasons back then, and just as lost as the younger felt.

He cleared his throat softly, his own eyes met the other's. Two shades of red colliding for a moment.

"So you're already in the loop means I don't have to go explaining myself. It's far too tiring..."

Dameon let an unamused snort leave him at the reply given to him about his questions. So... it seemed the council was behind this now. His eyes darkened at that knowledge. They would have to kill him to keep the secrets from coming out in his music. No, he wouldn't be silenced until he got what he wanted. Even his Sire had called him a brat among bats ever since his first outburst against him. This certainly didn't change how he felt about things.

Reddened eyes flashed at Kholodno for a short moment before straightening. "So... the council has sent their little puppy dog to silence me then?" He mocked lightly. "You of all people know that will never happen." He let the murmur slip past his lips only to turn and fall back against the couch, gracefully letting his arm cushion the back of his head. Not at all worried about what the other could do.

Letting his eyes close as his thoughts went over the exact reason why he had started hiding the secrets of their race in his music. He was calling out to someone... something. Anything that would have the strength to do what was needed. But this... the council sending one of theirs out after him. This was not what he had expected from the start. Did they honestly think him a fool to stop all of this with Kholodno?

Another frustrated hiss left his lips at the thoughts in his head. "Go back to your little council, and tell them this..." he paused for a moment to have his gaze open only to snap towards Kholodno. "I will not stop. Until I get what I want." He said firmly, not giving any room for argument. "Because you, certainly are not what I need."

So many things had changed. If Dameon remembered the old Kholodno his eyes back then had been a light, grey-ish blue color. But now they were like pools of blood, the red bleeding into the water and dispersing. Leaving only fragments of his irises their formal color. But there was something much sinister behind the color change that was part of the normal aging process of vampires, but perhaps Dameon would never notice it. As Kholodno did an excellent job at hiding any faults... Well, for the most part anyway.

His very light blond hair was longer now too, and it had lost most of it's shine but was still thick and healthy enough.

The vampire had grown thinner, but harder in his body. Only lean muscled.

But something about the other's 'I don't give a single fuck' attitude. Suddenly made the vampire's who name literally translated to the Russian word for 'cold' to almost utterly loose his cool.

"... Dammit Dameon! You know you can't just risk the safety of all of us just because you are starving for attention!"

Ah, a flare of his old temper from his younger days at the end of their relationship when he used to rant on Dameon all the time for this and that. Nothing was ever good enough, was it?

Kholodno thought he was able to fix the other man, but things never proved to be so simple. And now he had an even bigger problem on his hands and no relationship left to fall back on when things got intense. This really was proving to be his most challenging assignment yet.

Dameon only raised a brow at the way that Kholodno was trying to chide him. Only to narrow his eyes. A switch movement from the couch and he soon found himself face to face with the other. Leaning in to meet the other head on. Staring into Kholodno's eyes as if he could very well see into the other's being.

"And this... is the very reason why you are not what I need." He hissed dangerously against the other's lips, barely letting his cool breath play along Kholodno's skin. "The council wants us to believe that we are in danger of letting the mortal race know they are not the only ones in this world." He paused after a moment, only to let a smirk tug at his lips. "Only fools would believe the councils words... just as much of a fool as those mortals that believe we would take them and turn them into beautiful monsters."

Dameon shook his head. "The council feeds us non sense. Only those that dare seek us out once they realize just what we are, are those that are seeking a death wish of their own. They are nothing but our play things, useless creatures only if they were not filled with the nourishment that our kind needs." He snorted out. Turning sharply on his heel to return to the couch that he had been comfortable on just moments before.

"Either the council gives me what I require. Or I continue allowing our secrets to be leaked out into my music." He murmured as he closed his eyes, letting the back of his head rest against the armrest of the couch.

Dameon was standing so closely he could probably see the fragments of blue grey left behind in his irises like pieces from a past life long forgotten, one that was being consumed by the violent red of the future...

But Kholodno stood perfectly still, his eyes not blinking once almost like he was a venomous snake tensed on a rock ready to strike... but only he did not move at all. He wasn't here to fight Dameon. Far from it.

The older vampire was actually quite impressed with the younger. He had grown up a lot since he last saw him, and even if he was spewing nonsense in his words, it was spoken articulately and intelligently enough that it would have convinced anyone else who wasn't on the council and perhaps brainwashed by their propaganda.

Come to think of it the old Dameon would have probably just kicked his ass instead of bothering to explain his point of view, so this was actually in fact a vast improvement.

At the very least that was some good news to bring home later.

"Well, what is it that you really want? I'll pass on the word~"

Kholodno hummed, his temper had long subsided and was replaced by his more typical collected manner.

Dameon opened his eyes to look at Kholodno once more when the question was asked. It was so simple for him to answer that question. But who said he wanted to do things the easy way?

Fingers twitched lightly against the back of the couch only to close his eyes once again. "Now that is the dumbest question I have ever heard from one of the council's pups." He murmured lightly. "If you had half the brains as the last one, you wouldn't have to ask." He paused for a short moment before turning to look at Kholodno again.

"If you actually opened your ears for once and listened to my words... then you wouldn't have to ask stupid questions." He hissed lightly. Narrowing his eyes towards Kholodno as if his stare could burn the mans very body alone.

But it wasn't just his words. If Kholodno had actually sat and thought about how Dameon use to be, the very words he spoke in his younger years of how alone he felt in this world. The confusion on why they had to hide themselves away from the mortals all because the council deemed it the safer view. No, Dameon didn't want to believe that excuse any longer. He hated the shackles of hiding themselves away like some kind of cadged animal.

They were stronger than those blasted humans. And far wiser, or at least some of their kind was. He needed to be free, and this was the only way he knew how to be. By defying the councils wishes, leaking their secrets in their music despite some of the mortals that were able to decode their hidden meanings.

He needed to feel again. That was the hidden truth to all of this. One that Dameon refused to answer so easily.

There had once been a time when Dameon's stubbornness had been so charming to Kholodno. In fact, he was quite the handful when he was younger as well. But Dameon already knew that.

But now that he was turning into an old man, well an old man by vampires standards which was nothing compared to human aging, he was starting to fall into step of being a perfect follower. He really was just an obedient dog for the council now.

Such a hypocritical life he was leading now, considering how rebellious the pair of vampires had been when Kholodno was younger.

It wasn't that back then he still didn't give the other hell about his choices and belief, but at least he was willing to actually try shit. And to try to listen and understand what it was Dameon was trying to find out of life.

Now they were no longer even on the same wavelength or plane of existence. It was like they had never gotten along before.

All that was just distant memory so far back it was basically just history.

"And what if you can't always get what you want? Are you going to throw another tantrum like last time?"

Ouch. Kholodno just had to bring that one up, didn't he... But like I said. It was such a long time ago it was like it never happened.

Dameon wasn't just a dumb teenager anymore. He had turned into a intelligent man with his own ideas and own path. He didn't take shit from anyone. The older vampire could admire that, even if it did make his job an even bigger pain in the ass.

Dameon seen fire at those words directed right at him. Bringing anger along with it. It was as if the words had been laced in poison itself and coiled deep within the very essences of Dameon's being.

Nails seemed to cut right through the fabric of the couch he had been lounging on at those words. How dare he even think of bringing up that topic to him?! Back then, he wouldn't of hesitated to pitch the biggest fit he could at the time. However, he wasn't all to sure if it was worth giving Kholodno the satisfaction of him falling to his own anger.

But that didn't mean that he had to be happy about the statement. He didn't enjoy being attacked in such ways, and if the black swirling in his eyes didn't give that fact away... then he considered Kholodno a fool. But it wasn't just his displeasure that showed, it was also pain. Even deeper than that, suffering. But Dameon wouldn't admit to having felt those emotions in the first place. No, it took a certain kind of person to see that much in him.

"Thats exactly what you want me to do. Throw another tantrum like that. Im sure the council themselves would enjoy watching another city being drained in a blood bath." He murmured after a long moment. If it was one thing he learned over the years since he had been turned, it was that words could hurt just as deeply as a physical wound. And Kholodno had used just that tactic against him.

Shaking his head after a moment. "No, I bet the council themselves are just itching for me to make such a idiotic move like that, so they could have the excuse to end me quicker." He stated, letting his gaze trail off to the side. "But it is you that has forgotten, Kholodno. I always get what I want in the end." He left those words hanging in the air as if it were a promise. A promise that had yet to be fulfilled, even after these many years of calling out to the strongest of their kind.

"Only if you're going to let me clean up all the mess like last time~"

Kholodno chuckled, the sound coming deep from within him and rustling up cobwebs because it had been so long since he'd had a sense of humor. Well, this was more him just being a complete bastard to Dameon, but eh... same difference right?

They were just having a little fun again, like old times~

He would never forget that day and how much blood was spilled, more than any one vampire could ever drink so he had been oh so helpful by helping Dameon to finish it all. Never had there been such a feast... There were others there too that day, but all he could remember was seeing the younger soaked in red, a crazed look in his eyes. Completely drunk off that blood.

Oh, but he could tell that those words hurt worse than anything else he could have possibly done. And not because he was remembering the massive hangover after that event, but what had happened right in between that time. Yet Kholodno felt no shame at all.

"Now what makes you think that?"

The elder vampire hummed, his voice dripping with honey. No... Dameon was right. His words right now held nothing but the sweetness of pure venom.

The fire in Dameon's eyes didnt dissipate at the comment. No, not even that was going to slip past his anger at that moment. "I didn't ask for you help back then. And that doesn't change now." He huffed after Kholodno got over his amusement.

No, this was wearing his patience thin, and the longer that Kholodno pushed the wrong buttons. The sooner that Dameon felt his own darkness breaking past the barriers he had set within himself. A slow hiss escaped his lips only to dart his gaze to the man once again. His normal bright icy blues no longer visible beneath the black that had taken over.

"Because, the council knows why they can't afford to end me." He gave the simple explanation. Even his own Sire knew why Dameon did as he did, despite having not been there for him when he was needed most. Even now... Dameon had forgotten how to call upon his maker for help. But it was only for one reason why. His dark gift, he was one of the very few left in the vampyric world to control the element that could very well end any vampire if he let it take complete control of him. Fire.

Not that Dameon would used his dark gift without good reason. It was a dangerous thing to mess with. And very few were foolish enough to push him that far. But the more that Kholodno pushed at him, the more his darkness seeped into his physical body.

"For being one of the councils precious little pups, even you should have an inkling as to why they haven't ended me yet." He hissed out after a moment. "So, either they find me what I want. Or I keep calling out to those strong enough."

It was there. Laced with hints as to why he called out. If Kholodno had even remembered the events back then. The reason why the council hadn't killed him off for the bloodbath he had started in the first place. Then it would make perfect sense. He needed that one that was able to handle him. The one that would be there through it all, and still be the wall he needed to lean against when things seemed unbearable any longer.

Okay, enough fucking around with Dameon. He needed to really get serious with the other and figure this shit out.

"Don't trust that you're special gift is enough to protect you. These are desperate times... and if you actually somehow cause mass hysteria or a witch hunt on vampires... I mean just think about it! I bet some scientist would just love to have you. He'd string you up like a Christmas tree and preform God knows what kind of experiments on you... on all of us."

Humans were such curious creatures, and they were also very cruel. They did unspeakable things in the name of scientific research and advancement.

Now wasn't the time for him to making Dameon upset, in fact he was really quite worried and wanted to help the other. He just had to get the stubborn bastard to listen to him for once!

"Look, smartass. If you're whole singing secrets to the entire world thing was really such a great idea then why haven't you found what you're looking for yet, hm? How about you let me take care of that instead and keep your pretty mouth shut?"

Okay, way to be mature Kholodno. Seriously, being around Dameon was almost making the elder vampire turn into a nasty teenager all over again. That's not how he meant to come across, but he had his own pent up emotions. Besides at work he was always so stuffy and professional whenever he was away from his bosses he just had to misbehave a little.

Dameon only raised a thin brow at the comment. Just how little did the other even know? Why had the council themselves not of mentioned the key importance of him before? This only proved even more so that the council was hiding secrets. Just how corrupt had the council gotten?

A slow hiss drew from his lips at the mention of being a lab rat. "They wouldn't have the chance to catch me in order to do just that!" He let the first reigns slip from his grip. "Or have you not forgotten those hunters that have tried to kill us back then?!" He let the deep growl rumble in his chest. Only when he was so close to letting his darkness finally loose, he did the last thing he could.

He felt his body suddenly relax from its tense position. No, he couldn't let his own demon out. Despite how he felt about the topic. Only this time when he opened his eyes, his normal bright blues shown once again. A clear indication of what he had done.

"What makes you think you could find what I need? When you, yourself have been unable to figure out what I am searching for?" He asked as if it were a common question. Standing from his position on the couch only to find himself in front of Kholodno once again, this time his fingers curled tightly in the man's collar as he tugged him closer. Only an inch from his face. Icy blues narrowing dangerously, with a hint of a predator like look in his eyes.

"What makes you think... that you have what it takes to call out our strongest? And even then, would you have what it takes to stand there in their presence and demand their compliance?" He whispered dangerously before moving to Kholodno's ear. His cool breath playing along the other's skin lightly.

"I dont think you have the guts to do what is needed. Afterall... you work for the council. And just like them... you are afraid of change." He said strongly before dropping his hand from Kholodno's shirt only to step past the man, making his way to the door. He was done with this conversation. If he hadn't caught the clues by now, he sure as hell wouldn't understand Dameon in the least.

How could he have forgotten about the vampire slayers from the past? The memory was still seared in his brain...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WOW- This is fucking a-MAZING! You're not even putting up a fight!"

For fleeting seconds, the vampire fought the sensation of wanting to go blank after a while. Every vicious hit he received caused a great amount of pain to him but he felt as if prolonged bad memories that occupied his mind on a haunting daily basis finally begun to fade away into nothing. A forced smile curved on his bloodied lip.

"Are you shitting me? You're smiling like a stupid idiot, I bet you like having your ass handed to ya! We should do this way more often!"

Before he could focus on the glance at the slayer which was desperately trying to distort the features of his relatively pleasant looking face. His grey blue's were faded into a hazed blur, they can't find the strength to focus on to the hunter's deranged expression of a sickening happiness.

Suddenly, the other male that was casually on top of him gotten bored of creating bruises and cuts on the vampire's body, slowly revealing one of his favorite weapon, he lifted his hand with the blade near his right ear and smirked.

"Well sorry Leech- I'm going to kill you for giving me a disappointing fight."

The hunter's words finally snapped him out of the state of absentmindedness. His eyes widen, they seemed to liven up drastically. From there, his realized his body instinctually lifted up his hands to try to prevent the silver blade from plunging into his heart. A expression of sheer anger contorted on his face, the bridge of his nose discolored in a dark blue scrunched painfully. How can he try to give his life away so easily? It wasn't the way he should go down. He growled lightly, his heart was quickening as the intense rush jolting violently in his body. The primal need to live awaken inside of him. As the direction of the blade moved over to right shoulder, it was slowly poking through the layers of his cloths, then it finally entered good a inch of his skin.

Feeling blood trickle down his chest, he felt a unbearable persistent pain as he panted for air. This man is killing him... how can he selfishly give away the gift of life away? Just because of his race?

"Give up-" The vampire slayer ordered, heavily inhaling some brisk winter air.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, that had been so long ago. He was still only a child back when he met his first hunter and survived. But that was another memory for another day.

But that little flashback was already costing him dearly. As he had no time to react when the younger suddenly stormed right over and grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt and he was forced to just stand there and stare back into those hate filled eyes.

After Dameon let go, he just stood there some more, but he was far from finished yet.

"... You haven't the faintest idea the lengths I would go to end this."

Dameon didn't stop, that was until he reached for the door handle. Letting his fingers grace the cool metal sphere, letting his icy gaze lower to see his reflection in the shiny construction. It was the same words that Kholodno spoke back then. A world of promises of a better life.

But look at them now. His fingers curled around the object in his hand. "Don't make promises that you can't keep, Kholodno." He murmured after a moment. "We both know better than that."

And with that, Dameon opened the door and took off.

It had only taken him seconds what would take a mortal an hour to get back to his apartment. His ears picking up the sound of his band goofing off in the other rooms down the hallway. Their cheerful laughing and drunkenness never suited his tastes. Instead, he had grown bored of it.

Making his way into his room, he set the keys on the table and let the door close on its own. Sweeping his gaze around the room for a moment only to see it the way it was before he had left. Nothing seemed out of place, and suddenly he felt so tired. Had he seriously used up his reserves that quickly in that small bout with Kholodno. Apparently so.

He slowly led himself down the hallway towards his bed. Making sure the curtains were drawn closed so the sunlight couldn't creep in on him. It had only been a few moments before he found himself flopping down onto the bed gracefully before letting his icy gaze close. His thoughts took him back for a short moment over the conversation that had just taken place.

Snorting at the way he had been spoken to. Did the council seriously believe he was going to back down that easily? But it was the sudden pain he felt that had his hand reaching for something beside him, only to feel the cushion of the empty space next to him. Why did he had to try so hard? For years he cried out for those that could take his suffering away, yet no one was answering his call. Except the council, only by sending pups his way. It was pissing him off, royally.

"Stupid fools..." he murmured letting his gaze lift to the ceiling. But it was his eyes that told the pain he was feeling. The need for comfort that seemed to never be given to him. Even under his Sire's care, he had never felt a dark fathers love like those he had seen in passing. But it was the question that rose to his mind. Would he seriously ever find the one that he needed? Or was there no one strong enough to rise to his challenge?

"Running away from your problems again? You never could handle it when things got heated..."

Ah, fuck. Kholodno was back already, only giving Dameon a short time to be alone and contemplate his lonely life.

"Look I know you're already upset and I'm the last person you want to see right now, but I already told you I'm not giving up."

He sat down, feeling a bit tired and oddly despite everything still was comfortable enough to invite himself to just plop his ass right there on the edge of the bed.

"One day you will understand... and then things won't be so complicated and you will find contentment in compliancy..."

He let out a small yawn, everyone went through this phase. With any luck Dameon would just grow out of it or find something else to pine over that wasn't putting their whole species in mortal danger.

Ah, but Dameon had never been an easy one... maybe that's why back then Kholodno was so attracted to the other. Thinking that by fixing the other, he could also fix what was broken in him. Only to leave them both in pieces

Dameon had let his guard down. Let his emotions rampage over his body. The moment that his fingers curled into the empty space next to him, the pain in his eyes only seemed to get worse. But it was the voice that suddenly cut through the silence in the room. Causing his body to jerk up into a sitting position on the bed. His fangs bared with a deadly hurt filled hiss.

Did this man not ever give up?! It was clear that Dameon was suffering and needed the time alone to compose himself. But no, Kholodno only wanted to make it worse for him.

"Your right. You are the last person I ever want to deal with on this subject!" He snapped toward the man. "Your not my Sire! You do not get the final say!" He growled out in angry words. "You do not get to play father towards me?!" If only one looked closely enough in those bright icy eyes, they could almost see the first signs of tears. Despite the fact that Dameon wouldn't allow them to break and cascade down his cheeks.

It was there laced in those words, the torment, the pain, the hidden loneliness that he felt ever since his dark father decided to leave him to his own devices. But not only that, the fear he had felt from his Sire the very moment his dark gifts became known. But even with his pain in those words alone, it was the truth behind all of this. He had been abandoned with no wall to lean against.

He was tired of it all. Tired of hiding himself away in this unending life among mortals.

Finally now that Damoen was practically screaming it his face Kholodno's dense brain finally got it. But the truth was he had always known, even back then, how torn apart the younger was after his sire had abandoned him. Because it was very shortly after that he had found the other male, starving and barely able to fend for himself when they had shared their first blood meal together. From there they only grew closer, but yet Kholodno instead of truly trying to understand the other, just kept trying to fill that void by being that something Dameon needed. But he was always missing something, and Kholodno couldn't replace that.

"Dameon! I'm only doing this to help you! Do you have any idea how much I pleaded that they send me out on this assignment instead of anyone else? They would beat you to a pulp on sight without even giving you so much the chance to open your mouth again."

Come to think of it perhaps that was the easiest way to deal with unruly vampires, but Kholodno couldn't just attack someone for such a reason like that. Besides, Dameon was the type you could beat down and he would just spring back around again later. No... it was sinister, but Kholodno was aware that what really hurt the other was not the physical pain, but the mental torment. No single blade cut as sharp as did his words from earlier, bringing up sensitive memories from the past and using them as weapons. It was a dirty way to fight, but less bloody.

Dameon turned his gaze away from Kholodno. He had no choice, he couldn't bare to look at the other with as much pain he felt at that very moment. It was all Kholodno's fault for having brought out those pain filled memories in Dameon. And he wasn't going to stand for it any longer.

It was those words that echoed back. Dameon's body stilled midway off the bed, staring down at the floor in front of him. "Help me?" He questioned after a long moment. "You seriously think, that you can help me. Even after all these years?" He Shook his head, before turning his exhausted gaze to Kholodno.

In that moment, it was clear just how much strain Dameon had taken upon himself over the past years. His unending fight against his own darkness all the while calling out to those strong enough to be his wall, strong enough to make his inner demon back down when needed.

"You pleaded to the council to send you after me, instead of someone else. Are you that much of an idiot?" He murmured only to turn away once again. Letting his feet touch the floor once more. "You didn't have what it took back then... What makes you think you have what it takes now?" He murmured. "You didn't even notice back then just how much strain it took for me to keep this thing I was born with from attacking all of us!" He hissed painfully.

His fingers curled against the foot-board of the bed, only to dig his nails into the wood itself. "All you do is talk." He murmured, staring at Kholodno. "Its always been talk with you." That was the thing he couldnt stand most. No one could just simply talk out their problems. No, not this problem. This one, you could not simply just talk it out. Not when the demon in him had its claws dug so deeply, threatening release into this world.

Well, for one thing he was a lot older now. With age came wisdom and experience, right? He had a different perspective on life now, new ideals... And he too had some hidden powers that he couldn't wait to show Dameon. But the council already knew, that was the major reason why they had recruited Kholodno in the first place. He came from a line of ancient vampyre that asides from Kholodno, was thought to be extinct. And for good reason, if they hadn't been eradicated then not only would have humans been in danger, but also other vampyres. But then there were other lines like Dameon that held special abilities. But they were rare, even if they did exist most were in hiding likely.

But his own powers were more like a curse, even nature had it's own cruel way of keeping his bloodline in check without mass genocide.

As it was evident by the blackening flesh crawling up from his finger tips to his forearms. It had started as only a birthmark on the back of his hand when he was born, but with age it was slowly consuming his body.

It was a curse, but also a blessing. That was just the nature of things.

Every time he used his powers they grew stronger, but the more it would destroy his very cells.

But Dameon probably wasn't unaware of all these fact since back when they were together Kholodno hadn't even known that such a gift belonged to him. As to protect him he had been relocated and raised by non blood, so he could grow up blissfully unaware and the same as any other vampyre.

But keeping secrets never lasts forever, and soon it becomes hard to ignore the darkness crawling inside, just wanting to break violently free again.

"...I already know what my responsibilities are. Maybe you should start figuring that out."

Dameon's nails dug even deeper into the wood of the foot board. It was the same excuse over and over again. Even the council themselves had told him the same thing, the first time they sent their little dogs after him. "No!" He snapped towards the other. "This has nothing to do with responsibilities?!" He cried out in frustration.

He was much to close to his pain now to reel it all in. And the more that Kholodno spoke and what he should and shouldn't be doing, the more his eyes darkened at the mention. Even he was much to close to calling out once again, however this time the one he would call upon would not be of their kind... if Kholodno wasn't careful. He would release what was hidden deep within himself.

The only warning had begun to etch its way over his skin. It started out faint as the ancient writings begun to crawl its way from the seal within him, to his physical body. His eyes alone swirled with red once more, but something other than red had started to appear. A ting of yellow in his ferociously glowing gaze. The first signs that he was even considering calling upon the demon within him to stop all this madness.

"I've had enough of responsibilities. Being told what I can and can not do, what must be done and what must stay hidden. Im sick of it all." He murmured quietly. Even tho his voice had been quiet, it was the way the air in the room began to shift around them. As if it were taking a life of its own. But it was only the power concentrated within Dameon's body that was causing this disruption. All his pain, all his suffering, his confusion, his hatred, and even his loneliness was controlling him.

Dameon's hair also seemed to take a life of its own as well, slowly lengthening yet it stayed the same. Had it already come down to this? Had Kholodno finally pushed Dameon to far that the boy was really considering calling upon his inner darkness to finally do something so foolish and finally revealing them and the truth that vampires did exist in this world? Or was this just another one of Dameon's tantrums? His way to cry out into the world for some sort of help, despite his normal demeanor and refusal to call upon those who could help him in the end.

• Saga locked this topic