Nice to meet ya ^^

Lucifuru23

Hello, It took me a while to find the courage to introduce myself, mostly because I'm French. I don't have a lot of confidence in my expression skills in English, I'm afraid of making awful grammar mistakes, and I'm lazy, (too lazy to constantly check if my English is correct) and busy with work.

I am not used to speak or write in english at all. But I'm used to read in English A. LOT. I learned English first by playing videogames (I really like J-RPG and a lot of them are in English or Japanese only), and watching american tv shows (like The waliking dead lol), not at school, and a few years ago I started to be confident enough to began to read books in English.

I'm a gamer, an otaku (my pseudo is from Hunter X Hunter), and my first love in life is books. I read mostly Science fiction and Fantasy, but I also really like m/m romances. There isn't a lot of mm in French, so at first reading them in English was an obligation, now I like to read the very words that the author himself chooses, and not just a translation.

I'm here for the amazing library of books, and I hope I can sharing comments on them with you all in the future.

So far my top ten favorites BL novels are :

- In the Abscence of Light by Adrienne Wilder

- Disasterology 101 by Taylor V Donovan

- Wolfsong by TJ Klune

- Counting Daisies by Nicola Haken

- One Giant Leap by Kay Simone

- Sins of Omission by B. Makewood

- For Real by Alexis Hall

- The Cowboy Gangster Series by C.J Bishop

- A seditious Affair by K.J Charles

- The Whyborne & Griffin Series by Jordan L. Hawk

I would like to make friends here, and perhaps talk on what's app or on Line, If you'are interested, it would be good to improve my English, and some fun, I hope. (I can help you in French if you want too).

Voilà, voilà, Sorry I wrote a whole novel in my bad english, introducing Myself, I hope I didn't make a lot of mistakes, I know I did because I didn't use google translate, or anything (because I'm lazy) if you want you can report to me my spelling errors, I'll try to learn lol.

Nice to meet you !:Wink:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lucifuru23

• KatieMH25!

• STARRK

• auser

Hey there

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
!

Welcome to Yaoi Otaku :)

Hope you can make lots of friends and have fun. I like to read books a lot too! Read mostly m/m romance now, but some years ago used to read everything that came across my way.

Feel free to write to me if you have questions :)

Hi

!

Welcome to YO, I hope you have a great time and lots of fun!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

This is fun:

:leaf:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36410&d=1471272332

Hello

!

Welcome to the forum~!

Glad you decided to join our little community ^___^ it's always fun to meet new people and hear their opinions/reviews about BL novels. hmm.. i haven't read any of the books you enlisted, but i'm planning to read Wolfsong soon. do you have any preferred genres when it comes to BL novels? like shifters or mpreg or violence etc?

speaking of books, the forum is currently having a reading challenge, you can check it out

if you're interested :) in the meantime, enjoy your stay here and see you around the forum! :)

hey

:) welcome and nice to meet you!!! i too am a huge fan of the walking dead :) and Tj Klune and Adrienne Wilder are among my favourite authors. Hope you have a great time here, and if you ever want to talk about your favorite books or tv shows let me know!! people here are really nice and friendly so you shouldnt have a problem making new friends :) , hope to see you around the forum

Thank you for your welcome !

STARRK > Thank you for saying that about my introduction, I was a little afraid my English would be unpleasant to read, so thank you ^^

Riki > I can sympathize with you, since I've discovered this forum I've read almost only mm. I read fast, but there is so much amazing books here I can't keep up and don't have time for any other books theses days, and mm have completely satisfied me lately xD (I haven't read anything else for month in fact).

crystald > Thank you for your suggestions, I'm going to take a look at it ;-)

littlespiral > I really like when there is surpernatural in BL Novels. Anything Supernatural really. So of course I like shifters book a lot, but it can be difficult to find really good shifters books (I like Lisa Oliver and Wolf Specter). I don't mind mpreg, I don't really like it but it doesn't bother me at all. I love HEA, and I really like when there is some science fiction or fantasy elements in my BL novels. But I'll read anything, even a genre I don't really like if it's really good.

Jay19 > Thank you for your welcome, the walking dead is amazing! lol. It's the only tv series I have bought in Bluray. But like everyone I'm scared for the next season xD. I think I've read all of Adrienne Wilder books, but I haven't read mush of Klune yet (only Wolfsong and How to be a normal person which was a very fun read).

Bonjour Lucifuru23! Nice to meet you here and a warm welcome to the Yaoi Otaku community. My name is Paul and I wish you a happy time on this Forum. :)

Welcome_to_Yaoi_Otaku.jpg

Welcome to YO Lucifuru23! You actually wrote a really good intro, despite your lack of confidence in your expression skills. (; I also love books and fantasy is my fav genre, so if you ever feel like chatting about it, drop me a message. Hope you have fun here with us~

Hello

!

It's nice to have you here in forums. Hope you enjoy it lots! yeah!

Murrrci for your writing down the list of reads you like, which enhanced my list. I recognised only Klun and Hawk which are goooood indeed!!!

Cain-gif-starfighter-webcomic-32004739-300-232.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

what a great introduction!!! welcome to the YO Forums site!! There are quite a few ppl on here who read m/m BL novels, I can already see you being friends with them *cough*
*cough* dear me, what a bad cough I've got! Lol anyways nice to meet you too!! :)

ahah thank you for tagging me

And nice to meet you

!! It's such a pleasure to read your post, I can relate to a lot of it ahah:D But you should never worry about your English or grammar or stuff like this (I know I don't xD)

I also ADORE Wolfsong & For Real, so everything else on your list I automatically added to my tbr:D I think you will really enjoy the book discussions & challenges here:D If ever in the mood for book talk - please please message me:D (French or English - doesn't matter:D) Otherwise, do check out the BL Novels book challenge that is taking place this year! It's a lot of fun!:D

And welcome to the forum, I think you will fit right in!

P.S. I've been to Bordeaux many times.. What an awesome city you're from!:D:D

thanks for tagging me

(are you okay, friend? lmao)

hi, there! welcome to YO. your English is alright. English isn't my native as well, so we're kinda learning together yeah? : )

you've read a lot of good MM there. the only book i read off your list was Wolfsong but i didn't even finish it because i kinda have a slight different taste in MM lol but it doesn't mean we can't be friends, yeah? we can still talk about books. that way we can practice English together! & welcome again : ))

​​

Hey

! ^ ^ Welcome to YO! I hope you have a great time here.

Feel free to write me at anytime\(^▽^)/

tumblr_mbhpyzSKlA1qc7dbso1_500.gif