Takumi-kun: Pureness (Misu x Shingyoshi)

yojichan

'kay I won't be too humble... I guess since they were the best shots I was quite cute... those pics were from 2 years ago xDDDD right now I'm not so cute... besides my hair isn't in a natural way straight, I had gone to the headdresser those days... my hair is soooo curly.... and it's short at the moment soooooooo... I do wish I had hair like urs june-chan! oh a thought crossed my mind *.* I want to cosplay takumi-kun !!!! xDDD it would be soooooooooooo nice *drools* but my my, where to get a uniform like tht? I can't even sue so x.x the wig wouldn't be a problem... wht would every1 cosplay of? I bet yoji-chan would go for misu-kun or shingyouji xDDD

ahaha...thre you go...ur pretty...gud girl...*poke*

wuahh....u want to cosplay takumi kun???

well...im also not sure if u can get the same uniform but juz wear a white shirt is ok...^^

i never done any cosplay except wearing bunny ear and also became cat..=='''

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yojichan

• Last_sky16

• yunake

• robertita

YAY! that's the spirit. you really are lovely. *hugs*

hai! i hope you push through with your takumi-kun cosplay.

i cannot pass for Misu because of my height. but i think...maybe...perhaps...i can do shingyouji. YAY!!!

what do you think?

attachment.php?attachmentid=4433&d=1309281918

ahaha...u lookz like an anime which i forgof its name...^^

and a bit like toshihisa...but ur air is sooo cool...

so wild....u might not lookz like shingyouji but wow...i luv ur hair...lol

• Like 2

yeah toshihisa was Takumi's previous roommate (before Gii and Misu)

O.O oh my you're tht small????? how old are you may I ask? xDDDD but it's such a cut height!!! makes me want to cuddle you!!!

I'm like... 5 feet and 25 inches... I think... oh my, where i'm from the height is in meters and centimeters not feet and inches.. but I think I made the conversion right...

and I rly want to cosplay from the series... but rly which one do I look like most? (face ofcoz)

and June-chan: I sooooooooo wanted to see u with bunny or kitty ears!!! must be so kawaii!!! :3

I've only ever dressed up in Carnival... x.x like as clown, princess, maid, spanish dancer I think... and idk wht more xD but just silly childish things ._.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

AUTHOR NOTES: As promised, here is a 3rd offering to my Pureness arc that is solely devoted to the romance of Misu Arata and Shingyouji Kanemitsu. This new story is quite longer than the previous ones. I hope you will see me through the end of this romantic journey filled with love, drama and surprises along the way. I lovingly dedicate this to June-chan whose enthusiastic support and our hardcore love for the pairing has brought us closer to each other. To Yuu-chan (yunakel) who has dedicated me with a fanvid which no one has ever done for me in all my life just because I've inspired her with my works. I love you both very much. And to all the Takumi-kun fans of this forum and beyond. We are one! Thank you so much for all your wonderful thoughts and reading my works. You inspire me so much.

Before we begin allow me to share these images to set the mood. This is how I visualized how they would look like in the timeline of this story.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5253&d=1310714965attachment.php?attachmentid=5252&d=1310714962

LIES AND TRUTH

The story so far: Misu and Shingyouji have made a pact to keep their relationship as discreet as possible but when someone gets in the way of it, how much longer can they keep up with their secret?

“Thank you for shopping with us!” Miyagi-san smiled as he watched Shingyouji waved at the customer. He liked the young man. He was courteous, honest, a diligent worker and quite friendly. Ever since he hired him, he had shown lots of promise. He had been seriously considering about hiring him full time and give him a raise but he had yet to know whether his employee was up for that or had other plans after college.

Sakura Grocery is a family-owned business that goes way back from his great-grandfather. He had practically grown up observing different kinds of people that has walked in and out of the store. Even as a young boy, he had always been the perceptive kind and he could pretty much tell which of the customers were just passing through from those who were really shopping. This behavior had been always been nurtured and encouraged by his family.

A tall and lean young man walked into the store and Miyagi-san immediately observed that he was going to shop but was also here for something else. Whatever that was, he had been trying to find out for the past several weeks. This tall fellow only came by once a week yet every time he showed up, something a bit unusual would happen to Shingyouji. He noticed how the young man would be a bit more friendly than necessary. He followed him around as he could. A little bit too helpful. A little bit more smiley than his usual friendly demeanor. A little bit too accommodating towards the tall man.

Interestingly the tall man didn't seem to give Shingyouji much of any overt interest other than a passing glance and exchanged a few polite words about a few stock items on display. He didn't look annoyed at Shingyouji but rather simply tolerated him. Miyagi-san could tell that that the man was of a well-to-do family. He had a quiet confident air around him that was usually typical amongst people who came from old rich families. But this man also seemed the type who did not want to draw attention to himself. He did look like he appreciated the good things in life with the way he carried himself. He could have been shopping in one of the more expensive big supermakets in the city yet here he was shopping in a humble family-owned grocery store.

“Would that be all, sir?” Miyagi-san smiled courteously at the man before him as he scanned the items from the shopping basket. A box of toothpaste, a toothbrush, a loaf of bread, a jar of cream cheese spread, a razor, a six-pack of beer, two bags of potato chips, a can of shaving cream and a car magazine. Bachelor no doubt, Miyagi-san thought. The man nodded and handed him the cash for his purchase and quietly left the store. And almost on cue, the happy smile was still written clearly over Shingyouji's face.

Running a family-owned grocery store has always been different compared to company-owned establishments. Miyagi-san's family were known to be good employers and have always treated their employees with respect and made them feel like family. Such traits were valued very highly by both customers and employees and their loyalty and patronage had kept the business thriving for many years. He always liked Shingyouji and did make him feel like he was family. He had learned enough from him including the divorce his family have gone through and had even been introduced to his grandmother once. A sweet little old lady but a strong woman nonetheless.

“Shingyouji-kun!”

“Hai?”

“Have you had lunch yet?”

Shingyouji looked at his watch then looked back at him and shook his head.

“Go have lunch then...Nobu-san, could you mind the register here for a while?” Nobu-san, one of their senior employees nodded and took over register while he and Shingyouji walked towards the pantry room.

“Shingyouji-kun...?”

“Miyagi-san...?”

“I've been noticing something about you these past few weeks.” Miyagi-san was stirring at his cup of tea as he looked at him.

“Eh?” Shingyouji looked at him and smiled just as he was about to take another bite off his teriyaki sandwich.

“You've been rather a little too friendly with that tall fellow. I have never seen him before but he's been coming here every week for the past several weeks now.” Miyagi-san took a sip of his tea but his eyes still observing Shingyouji's face.

Shingyouji was now torn between biting into the sandwich or putting it down and pretend he has a stomach ache. What the hell? Was I THAT obvious? Damn it. He was cursing himself inwardly. What to do? What to do?

“Anou...didn't you say that here at Sakura Grocery we give our customers service with a smile? I was just trying to do my job.” Oh crap...oh crap...Shingyouji swallowed. He was trying to keep his smile but his eyes were visibly worried.

“Oh so you're telling me now...how I should run my business? Is that what you're implying Shingyouji-kun?” Miyagi-san raised an eyebrow at him.

“Ah?! No! Not at all. That's not what I was implying!”

“Relax.” Miyagi-san smiled, amused at Shinggyouji's face. Shinggyouji reminded him of a deer caught in headlights. He looked very animated with him waving with his hand to his face like that.

Shinggyouji looked at his half-eaten sandwich. A part of him felt a sense of relief but still a large part of him remained worried about the conversation they were having. What did Miyagi-san notice about him? Was he so obvious? It's not like he could help it whenever Misu visited the store. He couldn't help but feel very happy when he was there. He looked forward to every week when he would drop by. It was very special for him. It meant a lot.

“I've seen how you look at that fellow. The way you behave whenever he showed up at this store. Of course, you're friendly to our customers but you seem to give this particular guy special attention.”

“I'm not sure what you mean, Miyagi-san.” Kami-sama...I am so dead.

“You like that guy, don't you?” Miyagi-san didn't pull any punches. He was known for being frank with people.

“Eh?” Shingyouji looked at him shocked. His face growing pale. His heartbeat ringing loud in his ears. How was he going to explain this? Will he deny that he didn't like Misu. That would be a big lie. Of course, he liked him. Gods, he is in love with him! They live together for crying out loud! But of course he couldn't cry out loud with such a confession. Not to just anyone and certainly not to his own boss. He felt himself go weak. He thought he was being careful. He hated the fact that he can be so easy to read. What would happen to Misu if he found out? He would get mad at him for sure. He didn't want an argument with him. He hated quarrels.

Miyagi-san could see the conflict in the young man's eyes. He was just staring at his half-eaten sandwich on the plate. He barely even touched his water bottle. He remained quiet like he was waiting for a verdict to arrive. Ah..so that's what it is then.

“What do you think am I going to do with you?”

“Fire me.” Shingyouji replied defeatedly, his eyes fixated on his plate. His mind was racing as to what to do next. He had to look for another job and where was he going to get another job that was as flexible as this one? Where he could balance his studies and work? He liked working at Sakura Grocery. He didn't have to juggle two to three part-time jobs. Miyagi-san paid his employees quite well enough already. He has made good friends with the people he worked with. Even the customers liked him. What would Arata-san have to say to all this? He had been warned to be careful about revealing their relationship so as not to invite unnecessary troubles between them and what happens? His own boss reads him like a book. Shingyouji wished the ground would just swallow him right now.

Miyagi-san smiled and took another sip of his tea. The fact that Shingyouji's reply assuming the worst simply meant he wasn't denying that he did like the tall fellow who came by the store.

“You kids these days are so jumpy. You panic way too easily. Why would I want to lose one of my best workers and risk hiring a moron? That's not good for business. Don't you agree?”

Shingyouji only nodded in reply. He still wasn't sure where this conversation was going. It did feel like he could relax now but he still felt like he was not in the clear. Was he going to walk on egg shells from now on?

• Like 12

“I've seen that look before. I've been observing the way you look at him these past several weeks. Every time he walked into the door, your eyes light up. You follow him around and you've been very accommodating. I know..I know...we're supposed to give all our customers that warm friendly feeling but from what I'm seeing, you're giving this guy a little bit extra.”

Shingyouji's head remained low. He looked like he was being reprimanded. There was no way he was getting out of this. It was futile to deny anything. He couldn't deny it but he couldn't bring himself to admit to anything either. He decided it was better to keep his mouth shut than risk sprouting words that he would regret later.

Miyagi-san could feel the tenseness in the air between them and decided he needed to put the young man at ease. “I have a cousin. His name is Yuuji. We went to the same high school together. It was an all-boys school. I've been told back then that a lot of weird things can happen there. So far I have not experienced any of that in all my years there. But my cousin however did. He was not in the same situation as you are though. But I've seen that same look you had from the other boys towards Yuuji. Some of those kids confessed to him and he ignored them all. He did come out to me when we were in third year. I didn't care what his orientation was. He was family. It was no big deal. But it was still rather surprising to actually find out about it. I was the only relative he ever told about. As far as I knew, he never told his parents. He was an only child and we were close like brothers so he confided it to me. He left home after high school and settled in the city. We still kept in touch. But he has changed since then. He was always worried about it. It affected his life. His work. His relationships with people. He always assumed the worst possible thing that could happen. I told him perhaps he should just come out clean and be honest about himself. But he refused. All that time trying desperately to hide it from the very people who cared about him. That fear consumed him. It's like he built an invisible wall around him.”

Miyagi-san sighed deeply and pushed his cup to the side. Shingyouji now raised his head to look at him.

“What happened to him?”

“He hanged himself. I got a call from the police asking me to identify the body as I was listed as person to contact in case of emergency. He was only 26. I'll never forget that day. It was a mess. I couldn't bear to look at his wailing mother. His father was very angry. But there was nothing he could do. I wished I had but he made me swear not to tell anyone. I was the only one he trusted with his secret. I thought I was doing the right thing by keeping it.”

“I'm so sorry, Miyagi-san.” Shingyouji looked at his boss sadly.

Miyagi-san looked at him and smiled ruefully. “It's been ten years since then. All I'm saying is that don't try to hide it from people who care about you. I'm sharing all this because you have to understand that not everybody will judge you. Don't always assume the worst possible thing that could happen. I loved my cousin. He was a good person. He was always the smart one but he was consumed by fear.”

“Miyagi-san..thank you for telling me all this.” Shingyouji smiled.

“You're a good kid. I don't want you ending up like my cousin did just because you like another guy. Perhaps you should do something about it.” Miyagi-san patted him on the shoulder.

“Eh?” Shingyouji's eyes rounded in surprise. Okay, it was surprising enough that his boss confided to him about his cousin's life but suggesting that he do something about Misu was rather radical for his expectation.

“Anyway, lunch will be over in 15 minutes. You better finish that sandwich of yours. I'm expecting a delivery truck to arrive soon. I want you and Yamada-kun carry the boxes to the stockroom and handle inventory.” Miyagi-san carried his cup to the sink and rinsed it then walked out of the pantry room.

“Hai!” Shingyouji smiled happily. A wave of relief washed over him. He looked forward to the rest of the day. He felt energized and a boost of confidence in him. His worst fears were gone. He didn't have to look into the job ads or update his resume anymore. He can contine schooling without a hitch. He was excited to go home and share the good news to Misu. He shoved the rest of the teriyaki sandwich in his mouth. His cheeks puffed up making him look like a chubby bunny.

• Like 9

“Arata-san, tadaima!” Shingyouji wrapped his arms around Misu's neck and kissed the top of his head. Misu's hair was a bit damp from a shower.

“Okaeri.” Misu replied and gave a light tap on Shingyouji's arms around his neck. They were both seated on the floor with his books and notes. He was reviewing for his anatomy exam.

Shingyouji slowly released his arms and proceeded to sit close to Misu and leaned his head on his shoulder. He had been holding onto the good news the whole time he was at work and still managed to survive his classes afterwards. Now that he was finally home with Misu he could barely contain himself anymore.

“Arata-san...I have something really good to share with you.” Shingyouji's eyes were bright.

“What is it?”

“Well first things first...” Shingyouji pulled Misu's face to his and planted a soft kiss on his lips. “I wanted to say thank you for coming to see me at the store today. I'm really happy when you do that.” He whispered just as their lips parted.

Misu shrugged. “I needed a few things so I thought I'd drop by.”

Shingyouji grinned and nudged Misu's shoulder with his elbow. “Arata-san!” He knew Misu was still being a little stubborn making it seem like it was not a big deal but he could see that the smirk he was sporting now didn't reach the gentleness of his eyes. This is one of the reasons why I love you so much, Arata-san.

“Well, if it was just a simple shopping trip. You can text me and send me a list of items you want. I get employee discount, you know.” Shingyouji pouted.

“Hmp! Maybe I should do that then. That way I won't have to walk ten blocks just to get a few things.” Misu frowned. What the hell? I make an effort in dropping by to visit him every week and he spouts nonsense like this. Make a list he says. Damn it. Why I even bother?

As Misu was about to stand up, he felt two strong arms around his chest pulling him and Shingyouji's cheek pressed closely to his back. Now what?

“Arata-san...gomen ne...I was kidding. Please forgive me. Please don't stop visiting me at work. I'm just being a brat. I'm a little hyper right now and I start randoming stupid things. Please forget what I said. Please come visit me at the store like you do. I'm so sorry, Arata-san...” Shingyouji's voice was small and regretful like a child who had been chastised by an elder. Misu smiled, looked to his side and gripped Shingouji's hand on his chest. The arms around him grew tighter.

“So what's the good news you wanted to tell me?”

Shingyouji moved from behind him and sat right across him. Misu could see the twinkle in his eyes. The bunny teeth sticking out of those pink lips.

“My boss thinks I like you and that I should do something about it.”

“SAY WHAT?” Misu's eyes rounded in utter surprise. He did not expect this at all. Shit..was it because he started showing up at the store? Was he that freaking obvious? He tried his best to look as nonchalant as possible. Great...just what he needed. Unnecessary attention drawn to him. This is exactly what he hated so much. Now Shingyouji's boss has noticed something. How the hell was he going to show in that damn store again next time?

Shingyouji noticed the way Misu was clenching his jaw. The frown on his forehead. He had been waiting for a happy response from him but all he got was an uncomfortable silence. He realized Misu was not taking the news very well. But it was good news, right? He couldn't have been wrong. Miyagi-san was very clear that he was absolutely okay with it. If he didn't then what was that whole tragic story about his cousin in the first place? Several minutes elapsed and not a word was said between them. It was getting to be more uncomfortable than ever. Misu stood up and walked towards the bed and sat down. Shingyouji followed and sat beside him.

“Arata-san...say something. It is good news. Really it is. My boss totally understands. It's okay.” Shingyouji lays his hand over Misu's lap waiting for a reply. He did not expect this sort of reaction from his lover. He thought Misu was going to be ecstatic like he was. No more hiding. No more holding back. He can talk to Misu freely. He didn't have to pretend anymore whenever he visited the store. They can both relax. But by the look at Misu's face, a sense of insecurity was taking over him. He was the only one happy about this news after all. Arata-san did not share his views. Shingyouji retracted his hand from Misu's lap and covered his face instead.

“I'm so sorry, Arata-san...I wasn't thinking..” Shingyouji could not talk further. His words muffled by his hands on his face. He suddenly felt embarassed for acting all happy earlier. But it still was good news. It had to be. But what difference did it make if the one you shared it with did not receive it as happily as you did?

Misu sighed deeply. He was trying to make sense of what the news meant for the both of them. He wasn't mad at all. He certainly was not mad at Shingyouji. He was still very much in a state of shock. Even during their time in Shidou, they have somehow managed to keep their relationship discreet from everyone. Those who did sense that there was something between him and Shingyouji only knew the surface. No one knew how deep their relationship was. He had wanted to keep it that way for two reasons. One, to keep Shingyouji close to him and two, no one would interefere with their personal affair. It was enough people thought that Shingyouji was just behaving like a devoted pet following him around. People found it amusing and simply dismissed it as a phase Shingyouji would overcome eventually as soon as Misu graduated from high school.

But containing the truest nature of their relationship may have been easier in Shidou, it's a whole lot different in the real world as adults. When you're young you can afford to be reckless at some point. But when you get older, it becomes a luxury not many people can afford. Now that Shingyouji's boss has noticed something and seemed understanding, that takes a load off the worries in his mind for now. Misu didn't think he was ready to just behave lovey-dovey in the open just because a few people didn't seem to care.

He was fine with their lives now. Living together like this. Spending time together whenever they could. But they still had separate goals to achieve. He had responsibilities towards his family too. He had been groomed to take over a key position in the hospital. He was never against it. He actually liked that certain goals are already prepared for him to strive for. He always loved a good challenge. But to have an open relationship with Shingyouji is proving to be another challenge he's still struggling to deal with.

Misu gently pried Shingyouji's fingers off his face to reveal a dejected face. His eyes were reddening from trying to hold back the tears.

“Shingyouji...I was just surprised, that's all.”

“You're not mad?”

“No.”

“Then it's okay then? Besides you didn't do anything that made my boss suspect. It was all me. My boss is a very perceptive guy. He read me like a book. He said I was a little too friendly whenever you showed up. I didn't mean to. I really thought I was being myself and discreet but I couldn't help it whenever I see you...I just...”

Misu ruffled Shingyouji's hair and smirked. “That's true. You were really being yourself. Brat.”

Shingyouji looked at him and pouted. “Meanie! And here I was so worried that you're mad at me.” He playfully smacked Misu's back with a pillow.

“I'm not mad. Get over it already.” Misu stood up and walked towards the kitchen to get a glass of cold water. Shingyouji took off his work clothes and threw them in the hamper. He put on a fresh shirt and cargo shorts. He opened his bag and pulled out a plastic bag.

“I have another surprise for you, Arata-san.” He smiled.

“What is it?” Misu was rinsing the glass he just used.

“This one.” Shingyouji took a pack of chocolate candies from the plastic bag he held and laid it on the table. The same brand of chocolate candies Misu liked when they were still in Shidou. Shingyouji thought he would go insane when he found out that Sakura Grocery was stocking the item in the shelves. He knew he just had to get one for Misu at all costs.

“Ah.” Misu smiled.

“I was thinking we could enjoy them later after supper.” At the word 'supper' Shingyouji suddenly realized he forgot to buy supper from the family restaurant across Sakura Grocery. He had been planning to do that as soon as he left for work but was too excited to get home and announce the good news to Misu and completely forgot about it.

“Oh no...I'm so sorry. I was supposed to get our supper tonight. I'll go out and come up with something. Will you be able to wait awhile?” Shingyouji was about to put on his sandals when he felt a strong tug at his shirt.

“Eh?”

“No need. I already ordered pizza for us. It was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago. I guess it's gonna be free of charge now.”

At the word 'pizza' Shingyouji's eyes went glassy. He felt his stomach rumble on cue. He loved pizza. But having Misu naturally ordering it without him expecting it was a wonderful surprise. He can wait. Pizza was coming and he was sharing it with Misu. It's going to be a wonderful evening for both of them. Misu was now sitting on the chair and Shingyouji moved towards him and sat on his lap.

“I love pizza.” Shingyouji purred.

“I know.”

Just as they were about to kiss, the doorbell rang.

• Like 11

Misu unwrapped another chocolate candy and popped it into his mouth. The sweet chocolatey taste swirling in his tongue gave that immediate satisfaction of a job well done. It was time to go home but he decided to relax for a while by the wooden bench under a shady tree. He had passed all his exams. It felt good. Everything felt right in the world. He can imagine Shingyoujii's delighted face when he tells him about it tonight. He wondered what's for dinner. Shingyouji promised he was going to make a home-cooked meal for the both of them.

“Misu-chan!”

Shit. Misu knew exactly where that voice came from. He rubbed his forehead irritatedly. Kentarou Yoshida. Classmate, a brilliant guy in his own right, a bit of a social butterfly, well-connected, cool, good-looking enough to attract both genders and takes pride in not being gender-sensitive himself and have made quite a lot of conquests as well. Kentarou befriended him on his first day in the university.

“Will you stop calling me that? I hate it. I never gave you permission to call me that, dumb ass!” Misu hated that nickname.

“Why are we so cranky today, huh? Look, we both passed the exams. Cheer up! Ooooh, what's that? Is that chocolate? Gimme some!” Kentarou put his arm around Misu's shoulders, his face just inches away from Misu's cheek making the other man frown more but handed him a piece of candy.

“Let's celebrate tonight. My treat, of course. Just you and me unless you wanna introduce me to your lover. I've been looking forward to that.”

“I don't wanna discuss that. And I think I'll pass.” Misu wanted to share the good news and he's in the mood for home-cooked meals tonight. His mind was tired and he didn't feel like he had the energy to go out. He just wanted to go home to Shingyouji and sleep.

Kentarou leaned closer to him, “Oh come on...why you still being so secretive? You've always been like this. Frankly, I would have wanted you for myself when we first met but you seemed to give off this I-have-someone-else aura. But I've never seen you with this someone else either. You know, you're good at hiding things but I'm gonna find out one of these days.” Kentarou winked at him. His naughty smile brimming with self-confidence.

Yeah, right. Like that's gonna happen. Misu shook his head and smirked. For two years, he had become somewhat of an expert at dodging questions regarding his private life with anyone despite giving the impression that he could talk just about any topic under the sun. But people are still drawn to him despite all that because of his matter-of-fact way in his approach to things. He is a good confidante. He never engaged in gossip. A diligent student and smart. He is very reliable, dependable and mature. He is also an attractive man to begin with. He had been propositioned many times including a few professors but he declined them all. Misu felt a strong sense of inner pride that his private life poses as an enigma to many. He had however, become a lot friendlier than he used to be in back in Shidou. University life was more diverse indeed.

“Alright, fine then I'll ask Yuu-chan to join me...hmmmm...or maybe June-chan instead. Or maybe both. What do you think?” Kentarou nudged Misu on the shoulder.

“Your call. I can't join you. I'm going home, man. Thanks anyway. Tell them I said hello.” Misu stood up and tucked his leather bag under his arm and walked away. Kentarou remained on the bench watching Misu. He was hoping very much for the opportunity to get to know another side of Misu. He still liked him. He always had since day one. But he knew better than getting himself involved again with someone who was already deeply involved with someone else. God knows how many mishaps he's had in the past. He valued Misu's friendship and he didn't want to mess that up. Besides friendship was always the safest sure-fire way to stay close to someone you liked.

• Like 10

Today marks the 25thanniversary of Kentaro's adoptive parents and to celebrate this momentous occasion, his mother texts him to buy a specific brand of candies that his parents enjoyed when they were children. He didn't think it would be much of a challenge since he was certain that any supermaket was carrying that brand. Wrong. He had been to three supermakets and none of them carried the item saying since it was no longer popular and offered other brands instead which he tried to negotiate with his mother who cried on the phone emphasizing how important those candies were.

Why couldn't they just have a big strawberry shortcake instead? Heck! I'd buy it for them myself but no, it has to be those candies and not just any candy...it has to be THAT brand. Ugh! If I didn't love them so much, I wouldn't be spending my day off like this. I could call Hama-senpai and go to the beach or the movies or something.

His mother suggested that he check out old stores in the vicinity. It was possible that they could still be carrying the brand she wanted. Kentaro looked at the sign that read Sakura Grocery and one look at the establishment, yeah this is an old store, alright. It has that distinct homey feel to it which was uncommon in the big supermakets where he usually shops. As soon as he walked in, he is greeted by an old store clerk who was busily arranging watermelons by the door.

The store was rather impressive. He was expecting that it would make him feel like an old man in a store but it didn't feel that way at all. It did have a distinct vintage feel to it. It felt like going back in time. It had a nice balance of modern and a bit of retro. He began to walk around the aisles and started his search. They did carry curious brands of snack items that most supermakets no longer carried. He even saw the brand of the chocolate candy Misu gave him. That was tasty. He put a bag in his shopping basket. However, the brand of candies his mother wanted remained elusive. He had been carefully scanning the snack display but it was not there at all. This is nuts. Okaa-chan has to accept the reality that this brand does not exist anymore.

As Kentaro moved to another aisle, he notices another store clerk seated on the stool and arranging boxes of curry mixes.

“Anou....sumimasen...I was wondering if you could help me with something here.”

The store clerk stopped arranging the boxes of curry mixes and stood up to face him. The young man smiled and the only word that came to Kentaro's mind was, wow. He couldn't help himself but naturally smile back at him.

“Wow. Does everyone who work here looks like you?” Kentaro grinned.

“Eh?” Shingyouji looked at him confused.

“Ah..iyya! It was suggested to me that your store might carry this brand of candies. It's an old brand actually. I've tried the supermakets out there but they didn't have it. I was wondering perhaps you could help me here. The name is Amai Okashi. I would like two packages if you have it.”

“Ah chotto matte ne...let me check our stockroom.”

Kentaro watched him walk towards another aisle and making a left turn to a door. Wow. I can't believe someone who looks like that is working in an old timey store like this as a store clerk. He ought to be an actor or a product endorser or something. That smile alone can either make your heart leap or break it.

Shingyouji returned after a few minutes and handed him two packages of the candy brand. “Here you go. We haven't put them on display yet because they were just delivered. We have customers requesting this brand so we made sure we have them available.” Kentaro watched him put the candy packages in his shopping basket.

“Is there anything else you need me to help you with?” Shingyouji smiled.

Kentaro smiled back and clearly fascinated. “I wish I can make up one more but this should be good for now. You really helped me. Thanks.” He couldn't help turning on the charm at a time like this especially being face to face with the most refreshing smile he's ever come across in his life.

“No problem, sir. We're here to help.” Shingyouji bowed slightly and returned to his task of arranging the boxes of curry mixes.

Kentaro thought there was no way he was just going to leave it at that. There was something about the young man that teased his curiosity and that need to get his attention a little bit more. I want you to remember me.

“Anou...may I know your name since you've saved me here.” Kentaro grinned.

“Shingyouji Kanemitsu desu. If I could be of any further assistance, just let me know.”

“Shingyouji. I'll remember that. I think I might as well do the rest of my shopping here instead.” He winked.

“Very good, sir.” Shingyouji nodded and then returned to his task of arranging boxes of curry mixes.

Kentaro walked towards the end of the aisle and picked a large box of seaweed crackers and pretended to read the label while facing Shingyouji who was busy with his task and unaware of him. He chuckled at his own behavior. I'm acting like some giddy school age girl with a crush. But he found himself liking what he saw. It made him feel oddly happy. He was not expecting anything like this to happen to him today. What was supposed to be just a simple shopping errand turned into something so curiously fascinating for him. He was no stranger to instant attraction. That was his thing. Be it man or woman, if the person before him leaves a mesmerizing first impression, he'd be damned if he won't pursue that person. This Shingyouji person would be a triumph. He decided this won't be the first and the last time he's ever setting foot in this store. He smirked at the thought. Oh this is going to be good.

• Like 11

“You look happy.” Misu looked at Kentaro as he sipped his espresso.. They were having a cup of coffee in their favorite cafe at the university grounds. He had been noticing his friend's seemingly odd behavior for the past few weeks. Though he still was very much himself but lately he had been declining offers of going out for dates on the weekends. He was legendary for never declining invitations whether it was an all-night karaoke, blind dates, bar hopping and the occasional one-night stands.

“So do you.” Kentaro smirked and took another sip of his Tiramisu coffee blend.

“What do you mean by that?” Misu frowned a bit.

“Oh you're practically glowing. Had fun last night?” Kentaro winked at him.

“Shut up. None of your business.” Misu resumed typing his notes on his laptop. Well, of course he did have some fun last night with Shingyouji but that was no one else's business other than his own and Shingyouji.

“Alright..alright if you say so.” Kentaro LOVED to tease Misu. Anything to get those cheeks to blush would make his day. It was really obvious enough to him that Misu had someone special in his life. He just wished that he'd open up about it. With Misu it was hard to tell whether it was a man or a woman. He's been very open minded whenever he'd talk about his past relationships with both men and women as Kentaro prided himself for being bisexual. Yet Misu would never divulge a single iota of who he was involved with. It felt rather unfair but he respected that privacy. He had hoped that by teasing him would make him slip but so far that attempt has always proven in vain. But that did not stop him from teasing his friend.

“Anyway...I met someone. I dunno, man. There was something about him that was just...I dunno how to describe it. He looks so incredibly cute. There's something about him that makes you wanna wrestle him to the floor or just hug him and keep him all to yourself.” Kentaro was gazing thoughtfully at the glass window.

“Him? It's a guy this time, huh. Well...good for you. Maybe you found the right person to reign in that playboy life of yours.” Misu continued typing. He did sense a seriousness in Kentaro's voice. He was usually goofy in conversations especially when talking about past and present conquests but not this time. He sounded determined and hopeful.

“Yeah, it's a guy. But I don't wanna scare him off or anything by just taking him out on a date all of a sudden. I can make it look casual though. We could hang out. I just...I dunno....I want to see him again. There was something about his smile that just got me. No one has ever smiled like that to me before, you know. I mean...sure he was just doing his job that time...but damn....that smile. I can't get it out of my head.”

“Well, for all you know he doesn't have a problem with dating a guy. Get to know him more. The sooner you get together, the sooner you can get your answers. Who knows...things will work out from there.”

“You know that's what I love about you, Misu. You are not fazed by any of this. I feel like I can really talk to you about anything. Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna take your advice. I intend to see him again later on my way home. Hmmm...maybe I'll take him to dinner tonight. What do you think?”

“Good luck with that.” Misu shrugged and still continued typing his notes. Once Kentaro was on to somebody, there was no stopping him. He was a pro at what he did. He could get anyone's number at a first meeting and he's done it so many times. His success rate go all the way back in middle school and in the university, he had built a stable reputation for himself in the dating world. He glanced to catch Kentaro smiling as dialed his cell phone and excused himself to make his phone call.

----------------------

“Moshi..moshi..?” Shingyouji was having his lunch break.

“Hey...it's me.” Kentaro couldn't help but smile at the sound of Shingyouji's voice. He was visualizing that smile in his head again.

“Ah, Yoshi-san. Nice of you to call. Is there anything I can help you with?”

“Oh no..no...not this time. I called 'cause I was wondering perhaps you would like to hang out with me tonight. I dunno...maybe have a few drinks and some dinner. My treat, of course.”

“Eh? I'm surprised, Yoshi-san. I dunno what to say. Just the two of us?” Shingyouji sounded unsure than surprised which made Kentaro chuckle.

“Just say yes. I just wanted to hang out with you since you're such a nice guy, that's all. We can meet at the Shiki Bar not far from where you work. I'll see you at 7:30, okay?”

“Yeah...I know Shiki Bar. Uhm...sure we can meet there instead.”

“Awesome. Alright, I can ask a friend of mine to join us if that's okay with you. It'll be fun.” Kentaro tapped the table to get Misu's attention. Misu looked at him and nodded in agreement.

“Alright, that's better. Ja ne!” Shingyouji felt more at ease this time. It was better hanging out with more people than just one person.

“Ja ne!” Kentaro pressed the End Call button.

“I'm psyched, man. Thanks for coming with me. I owe you one.” Kentaro could not hide the excitement in his voice.

“Sure. No problem. I'm also curious who this guy is anyway. You've been super secret squirrel with his identity for weeks.” Misu chuckled.

“Hah! You think you're the only one who can keep secrets, hmmmm? I'm sure you're gonna approve of this one. I think he's amazing. I just know it. I'll be able to close this deal tonight. I'm sure of it.” Kentaro was congratulating himself already. His friendly approach towards Shingyouji was paying off. He's finally going to spend time with him that is not within the confines of Sakura Grocery. He made sure to do all his shopping needs at the store at least twice a week. Whether it was a two-week supply of grocery or simply a few snack items. He didn't keep a specific schedule when he dropped by. He tried to appear as casual as possible. He only made sure that in every visit he made, Shingyouji was on duty and he would always strike up a conversation with him.

“Yeah..we'll see..” Misu smiled at Kentaro's determined look. An hour later, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He checked to see it was from Shingyouji messaging him that he won't be home for dinner and was going to meet with a couple of friends after work. Misu responded it was fine since he was going out for some drinks with a friend as well.

• Like 10

“You look tense.” Misu was stifling his laughter as he looked at Kentaro who kept his eyes at the Shiki Bar entrance and his hands nervously tapping on their table.

“I'm not tense. I'm just excited. Alright, fine! I'm tense! You won't believe how cute this guy is. He said he'll be here in ten minutes. Something just came up at work.” Kentaro grinned. He was obviously distracted and could not focus. He had never been this tense before over meeting someone. He's usually calm and collected but not this time.

“Try to relax, will you?” Misu looked at him amused at his friend's behavior.

“Ah! There he is!” Kentaro stood up and it took all his self-control not to literally fly towards the entrance of the bar out of sheer excitement.

“Where?” When Misu turned towards to where Kentaro was staring at, he suddenly felt his blood run cold.

Shingyouji? What the hell is he doing here? Misu began to fidget. What the hell is going on here? How come he didn't tell me that he's been meeting with Kentaro this whole time? Does he even know why they were going to spend the evening in a bar like this? Shit. Shit. Shit. Misu was trying to calm down as much as he could. He was about to explode. So much for keeping our private life private. Shit.

“Ah Yoshi-san!” Shingyouji waved. He was now walking towards their table. He didn't notice Misu right away until Kentaro meets him halfway and puts his arm around his shoulder as they approach their table. The look of genuine surprise was all over Shingyouji as soon as he saw Misu.

“Arata-san! What are you doing here?”

“You two know each other?” Kentaro pointed at Shingyouji while looking at Misu for confirmation.

Misu's jaw was clenched in irritation. He looked sideways and nodded his head. Shingyouji still looked surprised. Kentaro laughed.

“This is great! This way I don't have to go through the trouble of introducing you both. Have a seat right here beside me, Shingyouji-kun.” Kentaro was oblivious to the rising agitation of his friend. He hailed for the waiter who arrived and handed them a menu.

“What would you like to order, Shingyouji-kun?” Kentaro leaned closer towards Shingyouji's seat and placed his arm around it while pointing at one of the food choices.

Misu squeezed his eyes shut. Trying his might to keep himself from exploding and grabbing Kentaro by the neck and throttle him senseless. He knew that move. Kentaro was not known to waste any time with someone he fancied. Close body contact was his forte. It came in stages until he would have the person all over him. He's seen it happen so many times before when they would hang out with friends. It was not unusual that they would enter an establishment together as a group only to watch Kentaro leave with some beautiful stranger he just met that time. He knew from personal experience since Kentaro had pursued him from the first time they met. And now he was about to do the same thing to Shingyouji. But what irritated him the most is that his lover didn't seem to mind anything at all.

“Hey Misu...have you decided what to order already?” Kentaro looked at his friend who had the menu book now covering his agitated face.

“No. I'm not really hungry. I think I'll just have a glass of ice cold water.” He replied icily.

“Oh come on, man! Don't be such a spoilsport. Forgive my friend here, Shingyouji-kun. This guy can be so shy sometimes. It's been a pretty hectic time for us. Back to back exams and demos. It's great to just finally be able to relax like this.”

Shingyouji nodded in agreement and smiled at Kentaro but he could see that shyness was nowhere to be seen in Misu's face. He swallowed. Misu looked very pissed but was trying to keep a cool countenance. He was avoiding to make any eye contact which confused him even more. Why does he look so angry? What did I do wrong? What is going on here? But he could not confront Misu like that especially with a very jolly Kentaro with them. What was wrong with hanging out with friends anyway?

A few minutes later, their drinks arrived. Kentaro and Shingyouji were deeply engaged in conversation. Misu was fuming. He felt his blood rise up a notch at every smile Shingyouji flashed in Kentaro's direction who now looked like he was being bathed by rays of morning sunlight from those smiles. He looked happy. A little too happy than usual. He had earlier considered walking out of the bar but his possessive nature would not allow him to leave the pair behind amongst themselves. He knew exactly what Kentaro was up to and there was no way in hell was he going to allow that to happen to Shingyouji. And why the fuck is Shingyouji keeps on smiling at him like that?

Fifteen minutes later, their food arrives. While Shingyouji and Kentaro were eating, Misu was busily poking at his food like he had a personal vendetta with the buttered brocolli on his plate. He barely said a word to the two of them unless he was asked. And even when he did have to say something, he kept it short. Kentaro did not seem the least bit worried since his concentration was primarily fixated on Shingyouji. Shingyouji seemed to be at his social element. He admitted to himself that his sociable nature was one of the things that endeared his lover to him. But it was also a source of irritation for him because Shingyouji had this tendency to trust people too easily just because they happen to be his friends not caring whether those so-called friends had a personal agenda. He was a lot more relaxed now with Kentaro having been introduced as his friend.

Kentaro rested his chin over his knuckles as he listened to Shingyouji talk. He couldn't help but feel impressed with how engaging and witty he actually was. He really is such a friendly guy and funny too. He didn't seem to run out of jokes which sent him on a laughing trip. He can imagine himself listening to him anywhere. That smile would be the death of him. He couldn't help comparing Shingyouji as akin to a cute rabbit in his mind. It tickled him even more when Shingyouji told him that he did dress up as a rabbit in a birthday event for his boss' kid's birthday. Now that I would love to see it for myself, Kentaro thought. Maybe I can set up a little party and ask him to show up in that costume for my pleasure.

The evening came to a close without any incident despite Misu's ever growing anxiety. He actually was surprised he managed to keep it all in without resorting to dragging Shingyouji out of the bar and punching Kentaro in the gut. That would have been a complete disaster. But he was intent on getting his answers later when they got back to their apartment.

• Like 11

The three of them walked out together of the bar. Misu felt rather uneasy watching Kentaro easily put his arm around Shingyoujii's shoulder and talking so close to his ear. He could not do that with Shingyouji in public. The younger man still walked behind him most of the time. The same way he used to back in their days in Shidou. They have made an understanding that they were to keep their relationship as discreet as possible in the public eye. But watching Kentaro leaning closely to Shingyouji and turning on all the charms in full force like that was not the kind of thing he liked to see. He was seething. It only made it worse with Shingyouji still looking happy and smiling back at him as well.

“I don't live very far from here. If you liked we could continue at my place. What do you think, Shingyouji-kun?” Kentaro leaned closer to his ear.

“Eh...etto...” Shingyouji found himself unable to answer. He stole a quick glance at Misu's daggered look. Oh crap. Now what? If looks could kill, I'd be dead by now. Why the hell does he looks so mad?

“He's not going.” Misu suddenly replied to the surprise of both Kentaro and Shingyouji. He couldn't take it anymore. Kentaro can be rather persistent and convincing. He hated the fact that Shingyouji hesitated to give a straight answer. Was the little idiot actually considering about spending the rest of the evening at Kentaro's place? Like hell, I'm gonna let that happen!

“Ah...wait here, Shingyouji-kun. I'm gonna have a little chat with my catty friend here.” Kentaro smiled apologetically and quickly grabbed Misu away from hearing distance of Shingyouji.

“What the hell are you trying to do here, man? He's not going? What are you? His freaking guardian? I'm trying to set a mood here and you're gonna ruin it for me? I thought you're with me on this? He could be the one for me, haven't you even thought of that?” Kentaro's voice was hushed but very annoyed. No one has ever embarassed him like this. Not anyone and certainly he did not expect it coming from Misu either.

But Misu was not listening. All he could hear was buzzing in his ears. He had been trying to muster all his self-control not to beat up Kentaro this very second and drag Shingyouji back to their apartment. Doing that would risk everything he's worked to keep their relationship as private as possible.

“I am only going to repeat this once. Shingyouji is not going.” Misu's tone was firm. His eyes were sharp and menacing which pierced Kentaro. And he took one look at Shingyouji's worried face and back to Misu's death glare and then it suddenly dawned to him. The daggered look Misu sported at the bar. His cold silence. The short replies. Misu disappearing from their table from time to time. Misu barely talking and not finishing his food. He did try to ignore all that because of Shingyouji's smiling presence.

Oh shit.

Kentaro slowly released his grip on Misu and walked up to Shingyouji.

“Is Misu your boyfriend?”

He scanned Shingyouji's downcast face. That fear in his eyes as he took a quick glance at Misu's face and then looks away. He knew. Kentaro was now torn between taking Shingyouji in his arms right away. To hell with what Misu thinks. This was all Misu's idea after all. ALL OF IT. Yet at the same time, he also knew by doing that would only make him look like a bastard towards Shingyouji. He was surprised how much he cared enough not to hurt him like that.

Fuck.

An uncomfortable silence remained for the three of them. The streets were quiet. Thankfully, there was no one around to witness this awkward situation they got themselves in. None of them moved from where they stood. Each one in deep thought. Misu was still fuming. Kentaro was pissed. Shingyouji looked scared.

Kentaro sighed deeply and squeezed Shingyouji's shoulder. Fuck it. He didn't care what Misu has to say. To hell with him! And he took Shingyouji in his arms and held him close.

“It's not your fault. I really like you.” He whispered harshly into his ears until he felt a strong pull from behind at his collar and a fist quickly landing onto his face. He tasted the blood in his lips. Misu's eyes read bloody murder. His fist tightly clenched to his side ready to land another punch at any second. A visibly shocked Shingyouji looking at an angry Misu and Kentaro kneeling on the ground.

Kentaro slowly stood up and wiped the dripping blood from his lips. Shingyouji tried to help him up but he gently waved his hand away. He eyed Misu fiercely.

“Your lies have finally caught up with you. Bastard.” And then Kentaro walked away from them.

• Like 12

The apartment felt like a tomb. Misu and Shingyouji has not uttered a single word to each other since coming out of Shiki Bar. The air between them was stale with awkwardness, confusion and Misu's coldness. Misu washed off a bit of the blood on his knuckles in the kitchen sink. Shingyouji watched him move from the kitchen to the closet to get a fresh shirt and pajamas, enter the bathroom and coming out changed and laid down on their bed.

“Would you mind telling me what the hell was that all about?” Shingyouji did not mask the annoyance in his tone. What started out as a nice evening turned into a fist fight leaving him still confused, a bloody Kentaro and Misu not saying a damn word.

Misu sat up on the bed and looked at Shingyouji who was standing before him. What the hell was he going to say? He tried to keep it cool the whole time and one stupid move from Kentaro and he lost it. Damn you, Kentaro! This wasn't supposed to happen. Shit. Now he had to settle damange control with Shingyouji. What the hell.

“He is your classmate. Your close friend. You didn't tell me a single thing about how he felt for me. You could have given me some warning. I have to hear it from him. And then you punch him like that out of nowhere?”

“Oh great. Now you blame me for punching him like that? You should realize by now why I did all that. He was begging for it. I warned him already that you're not going to his place.”

“BUT YOU COULD HAVE WARNED ME!”

“HOW THE FUCK COULD I WARN YOU ABOUT HIM? HE DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT YOU EITHER! HE WAS KEEPING IT A SECRET FROM ME!”

Shingyouji looked away. Tears of frustration were threatening to flow but he sucked in his breath sharply. This was far from over.

“You think I'm stupid. You always think I'm some kind of idiot who cannot defend himself. You think punching him like that make you so great? All this time, I agree with what YOU like how our relationship should be going. Keep it discreet. Keep it secret. KEEP IT! KEEP IT! FUCKING KEEP IT! I get paranoid already. But I can't. I'm not strong like you are. I can't fucking pretend like you and I have nothing between us when we're outside. My own boss saw right through me and I didn't deny it. I just couldn't. I'd rather risk rearranging my life just so I can be with you always. And now this...damn it!”

“THAT FUCKING BASTARD HAD HIS ARMS AROUND YOU! Whispering into your ear the whole time! And you kept laughing and smiling at him! I'm not sorry that I punched him. He fucking deserved it! HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU SAW ANOTHER MAN SO CLOSE TO YOUR LOVER LIKE THAT?” As soon as Misu said it, his eyes went wide in realization. He immediately regretted it. It was like a bucket of cold water splashed onto him. All he could see now was the deep hurt etched in Shingyouji's eyes.

“I KNOW EXACTLY HOW THAT FEELS, YOU SELFISH JERK!” Shingyouji very quickly stormed out of the apartment before Misu could stand up to stop him.

Fuck! What have I done?

----------------------------------

The only thing Misu grabbed before heading out the door was his keys. He didn't care he was only in his pajamas and house slippers. All he could think was the sooner he got out of the apartment, the higher the likelihood he could catch up with Shingyouji. He didn't want a repeat of last time. He didn't like the idea of having to wait in the apartment without a damn clue where he ran off to. A lot of memoreies were crashing in his head one by one and he didn't like it. Not one bit. A part of him still did not regret punching Kentaro earlier but that did not drown out his regret when he yelled at Shingyouji.

He was acting out his frustrations on him. It was not fair. He knew it. But he could not help it. He was supposed to be the cool one, right? He was the one who was supposed to have all the answers. He was the one who was supposed to be in control of the situation. Things could have been handled much differently with Kentaro but right now he managed to screw up the one person he valued the most. Shingyouji, where the hell are you?

He was grateful for the stillness of the night. Their apartment bulding was situated in a quiet neighborhood. It was already after midnight. They had spent a great deal of time at the bar together. This was not how he wanted to spend the rest of the time. He still had classes later in the day. But right now he didn't care if he had to skip his classes altogether. He couldn't get Shingyouji out of his mind. Not like this. How could he be so cruel?

As he walked into the quiet street, he noticed someone turn right to the first two blocks away from the building. He recognized that shirt. That distinct walk. It was Shingyouji. He was relieved that he didn't get very far yet and he was just walking. He would have gone nuts if he ran. He had always been aware how fast Shingyouji could run like the wind if he had to. Misu walked hurriedly to catch up with Shingyouji.

“SHINGYOUJI!”

• Like 12

But Shingyouji kept walking not bothering to stop or look behind him. Misu walked even faster to reach for his arm. Only then did he get Shingyouji to finally face him. The anger that was in his eyes have faded only to be replaced now by hurt. And to Misu, it made him feel much worse. This was not what he had intended. This was not how it was supposed to be like. All he wanted was to keep this man close to him at all costs. It's not like he wanted to keep their relationship a secret forever. But his possessiveness got the better of him and it was because of it that he struggled the most and he lost it. With just one punch that landed on Kentaro, he lost it all.

As he saw a tear fall on Shingyouji's eye, he sighed and pulled the younger man close to his chest. His other arm tightly secured around Shingyouji's waist while the other cradled his head. His eyes squeezed shut. His nose buried between his shoulder and neck. He could smell the faint scent of cologne Shingyouji had on his shirt.

“Arata-san...?” Shingyouji could not bring his arms to wrap around Misu in return. He was still too emotionally affected by what transpired at the apartment earlier.

“Gods...I'm so sorry.” Misu's voice broken and muffled to Shingyouji's ears. Slowly Shingyouji's arms embraced Misu.

“I'm so sorry for yelling at you. I shouldn't have...” Shingyouji muttered but was quickly interrupted by Misu. “No! You didn't do anything wrong. This was all mine. Don't blame yourself. I deserved this. It was bound to happen sooner or later.” Misu released Shingyouji so he could face him.

“It really didn't occur to me that he liked me that way. I thought he was just being a nice guy.”

“He really is a good friend. I can't believe I couldn't blame him for liking you that way. I just really lost it back there.”

“Well, you still should have said something. But you looked so mad. I didn't understand why. I was so worried to reveal to him about our relationship so I tried my best to relax around him.”

Misu sighed, “I wasn't mad at you. I was mad at him but mostly mad at myself because none of this would have happened if I just....had been more open about us at least to him. I remembered how happy you were when you told me about your boss being okay about something like this. I wasn't thinking. All I could see was Kentaro's arms around you.”

Shingyouji looked at him soulfully, “Arata-san....I do understand your reasons for keeping our relationship discreet. I really do. But like Miyagi-san said, not everyone will judge us. I'm scared too but I'm more scared of losing you because you can't handle it anymore. I really love you.”

Tears slowly began to fall on Misu's cheeks. He held Shingyouji's face close to his. “Shingyouji...” And sealed his lips with a deep kiss. The younger man tried to pull away. “Arata-san...people might see us..”

“I don't care. I just wanna kiss you right here, right now.” Misu's voice replied huskily. And Misu dived in for another passionate kiss that was sucking the breath out of Shingyouji. He pinned the other man on the brick wall and began to tease Shingyouji's tongue. His hands were snaking underneath his shirt. All Shingyouji could do was put his arms around Misu's neck which only encouraged Misu to go further with his kissing.

He could feel Misu sucking the curve of his neck and Shinggyouji felt his knees growing very weak by the second. His eyes were now half closed. His hands on Misu's shoulders getting tighter as he felt Misu's thumb reaching for his nipple while his other hand firm on his waist. It sent shivers all over Shingyouji's body. If this goes on any further, he's gonna take me senseless right here in the street. Oh god...oh god...They were both getting very aroused now.

Misu reluctantly pulled away from Shingyouji's lips. Their foreheads still touching. Their breath hot and heavy. “Let's go home.” He whispered in Shingyouji's ear before kissing him again. They started to run. Misu's arm is firmly around Shingyouji's waist possissively. The other man leaning closely to him. His arm also wrapped around Misu's waist.

• Like 10

Getting to their apartment unit was proving to be quite a strain for both of them as Misu would pull Shingyouji for a kiss and him kissing back in like manner. They kissed hard in the elevator.

As soon as Misu unlocked the door to their unit, he pulled Shingyouji's hand and pushed him inside their apartment. They kicked off their shoes and slippers. Shirts flung to to the wall. Pants dropping on the floor and kicked aside. Neither of them releasing from their kissing frenzy. They bumped into one of Misu's books on the floor and he kicked them to the side.

Misu laid Shingyouji on their bed. He straddled him. He could see the lust and love burning in Shingyouji's eyes. Oh god, I could have really taken him senseless right there out in the street. All of Shingyouji was his. Only his. He was never going to find another love like this. He knew no one could ever affect him so deeply the way Shingyouji did. No one can ever make him desire a person this badly the way he did.

Misu lowered his head to possess those lips again and Shingyouji's legs wrapped around his waist, urging him to go further. Giving him more access to every crevice of his body. Their fingers intertwined. Misu's strong grip on his thigh. So aroused. So deep. So close. The heat was driving them over the edge repeatedly.

Shingyouji was gasping at every breath. Every thrust Misu made was sending his body into a convulsion of crazy passion and desperation. He clung to his arms. He was in tears. Pain, happiness, satisfaction, complete surrender, you name it...he was feeling everything all at once.

Until finally they reached the pinnacle of their heated intimacy. The release was so great it overpowered their senses. Misu collapsed heavily on Shingouji's chest. His breath ragged and hot. Shingyouji smiled weakly and kissed the curve of Misu's neck.

“I love you...Arata-san...” Shingyouji gasped. Misu rolled over to Shingyouji's side and pulled the younger man over his chest. His palms gently raking on Shingyouji's messy hair. Misu's eyes softened at the words of love uttered. He smiled and possessed those soft swollen lips again.

“I'm so happy you're mine.” Misu murmured to Shingyouji's lips.

• Like 12

Kentaro took another drag of his cigarette. His other hand poking at the can of iced coffee. His moment of silent contemplation was interrupted when he noticed someone sat beside him on the wooden bench. He took a quick glance at the corner of his eye and recognized who it was.

“I still think you're a bastard.” Kentaro took a sip of his iced coffee.

“I know. Me too.” Misu replied but not looking at Kentaro. Both men just stared forward at the students that were walking around the university grounds.

“I had to go to a fucking dentist to get my tooth saved.” Kentaro tapped the excess ash off his cigarette on the ground.

“Yeah.” Misu replied.

“How is Shingyouji-kun?” Kentaro put the cigarette back to his lips.

“He's good.” Misu smiled thoughtfully.

Kentaro nodded. He really liked the guy. Misu would be an idiot to lose someone that special. He'd happily take him if that ever happened. But he also knew it was nothing but a hopeless dream.

“This is what happens when you don't open up to your best friend, you jerk.”

“You're right about what you said that night.” Misu lowered his eyes sadly.

Kentaro finally looked at him. He could see the regret in Misu's eyes and for him that was all he needed to see for himself. He knew he can never have a chance with Shingyouji. Not in this lifetime. Maybe he will have to find someone like him or perhaps someone totally unlike him. His tastes in men and women can be so damn messed up sometimes. He fell for Misu from the moment he saw him and instantly felt the same way with Shingyouji, perhaps a bit more. But he would have to settle for friendship in the end.

“It's gonna be tough sometimes. But you have to realize that not everyone is gonna judge your relationship. Some people will always talk and then there will be others who don't give a shit. Just take it easy. And stop fucking hiding from people who actually give a damn especially ME!”

Misu chuckled at that. “Then why the hell did you tell Shingyouji your name was Taro Yoshi?”

Kentaro looked at him and stammered a response. “Eh...anou....well, you know, it's my thing. Since when did I give people my real name? Besides it's not too far off from my real name anyway. Kentaro Yoshida.”

“Because of that, you won't ever hear a fucking apology from me.” Misu's smile was smug. Kentaro frowned at him and they both laughed.

Owari?!

AUTHOR NOTES: OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! 36 pages in total yo! I was like a person possessed when I started typing. I couldn't stop. The ideas kept flowing through my brain and before I realized it, I've already typed THIS much. I outdid myself. *CRIES* Thank you so much for seeing me through the end. My heart couldn't stop beating so fast. I couldn't sleep well last night because of my heart. I just finally finished this story today. Hot and fresh!

Rightful claim goes to the mangaka for Misu and Shingyouji characters. I can only lay rightful claim to my original characters Miyagi-san and Kentaro Yoshida. I hope you like them guys.

• Like 11

huaahh....i cant take my breath...i was screaming like crazy...rabbit1

goah...im speechless...i cant take my breath...itz juz TOO beautiful!!!!

non other things pop-out from my mind...im totally blanked...

Yojichan...u made my obsession towards this couple worse....ahahaha

every word...every line..every second of it is juz...uhuhuhu~~~im gonna cry...

im so happy....im totally addicted to them...i became crazily in love..rabbit8

i love how u include my name on the story..lol

and CHUBBY RABBIT...wow~~i love it...*faint*

and also when misu grab shingyouji's hand...itz so sweet...

ahaha...juz like the picture i gave u...^o^

im so in love right now...*i wanna chocolate*

yojichan~~~*surprise hug*

• Like 1

It was... AMAZING, no... more than that! I simply can't find the words *.* I'm so in love with this, with the couple, with the story, with everything! it was so sweet from you, no one has ever dedicated anything to me rly ^.^'' I'm so touched I think I'm going to cry... I love you so much Yoji~sama! it is a big honor to have me referred in the story *cries* I'm so happy, it was all very moving... you've got me crying now *sob* if only there were any fics as good about T x G I'd be in heaven, seems the best come from M x S :) I wasn't a huge fan of this couple but you just converted me xDDD I may still have a special love for T x G, but this is just so very special to me now, you've made my day, I'm feeling totally cured right now from my cold even! *sob* it was the best thing I could read as first thing I see upon my computer :) *hugs very tight* it also brought me memories... not very pleasant ones... but the lovey-dovey parts melted those memories away :) it was very nicely done, a piece of art, a masterpiece I dare say, so here's your reward *gives huge cookie* :)

• Like 1

OMG I LOVED IT rabbit8

it is totaly flawless and i am totally speechless:leaf9: their love is as the title says 'Pure' and forever lasting :leaf15:

thiS one was just my style ...with the misunderstandings and everything .......such a drama ---->THE BEST EVER!!!!!:leaf5:

i can't help but be impressed :)

yoji-chan u did an awesome MASTER PIECE YET AGAIN :cuteonion57:

i liked Gii and Takaki the best and didn't pay much attention to the others but u are making me obsessed with Misu x Shingyouji *faints just thinking about it ?*

i TRULY hope u write more !!!!!!!!!

onion6

• Like 1

huaahh....i cant take my breath...i was screaming like crazy...rabbit1

goah...im speechless...i cant take my breath...itz juz TOO beautiful!!!!

non other things pop-out from my mind...im totally blanked...

Yojichan...u made my obsession towards this couple worse....ahahaha

every word...every line..every second of it is juz...uhuhuhu~~~im gonna cry...

im so happy....im totally addicted to them...i became crazily in love..rabbit8

i love how u include my name on the story..lol

and CHUBBY RABBIT...wow~~i love it...*faint*

and also when misu grab shingyouji's hand...itz so sweet...

ahaha...juz like the picture i gave u...^o^

im so in love right now...*i wanna chocolate*

yojichan~~~*surprise hug*

*surprise hug back* hehehehe!

awwww~ thank you so much for reading. I can feel how much this has excited you through your comment.

I know, right? OMG! Our love for the couple is getting WORSE! gyaaaah!

It started with just 7 pages and then it just went crazy and I couldn't stop typing anymore. @__@

*hugs more*

Gosh..I wish you were here though as I was typing the the confrontation scene. I badly needed a hug and all I had was a pillow. waaaah!

It was getting way too intense already. T__T

Anyhooo...thank you so much, sweetheart! ♥ ♥ ♥

Thank you for being there with me from the very start. :)

It was... AMAZING, no... more than that! I simply can't find the words *.* I'm so in love with this, with the couple, with the story, with everything! it was so sweet from you, no one has ever dedicated anything to me rly ^.^'' I'm so touched I think I'm going to cry... I love you so much Yoji~sama! it is a big honor to have me referred in the story *cries* I'm so happy, it was all very moving... you've got me crying now *sob* if only there were any fics as good about T x G I'd be in heaven, seems the best come from M x S :) I wasn't a huge fan of this couple but you just converted me xDDD I may still have a special love for T x G, but this is just so very special to me now, you've made my day, I'm feeling totally cured right now from my cold even! *sob* it was the best thing I could read as first thing I see upon my computer :) *hugs very tight* it also brought me memories... not very pleasant ones... but the lovey-dovey parts melted those memories away :) it was very nicely done, a piece of art, a masterpiece I dare say, so here's your reward *gives huge cookie* :)

Oh my heart! *hugs tight* Thank you for seeing me all the way till the end.

You've given me something that no one has ever done and that really means a lot.

You truly deserve to have this story dedicated to you. It's the least I could do because you've been really amazing.

I am very honored that I got you converted to loving this couple. heheheh! ♥ And that this story has touched you in a personal way.

I'm so glad you're feeling so much better now, my darling.

*munches huge cookie*

OMG I LOVED IT rabbit8

it is totaly flawless and i am totally speechless:leaf9: their love is as the title says 'Pure' and forever lasting :leaf15:

thiS one was just my style ...with the misunderstandings and everything .......such a drama ---->THE BEST EVER!!!!!:leaf5:

i can't help but be impressed :)

yoji-chan u did an awesome MASTER PIECE YET AGAIN

i liked Gii and Takaki the best and didn't pay much attention to the others but u are making me obsessed with Misu x Shingyouji *faints just thinking about it ?*

i TRULY hope u write more !!!!!!!!!

Oh thank you! thank you so much!

OMG! I'm getting you obsessed with Misu and Shingyouji. YAY!!

I am absolutely touched that you consider my story as flawless and a masterpiece. Oh wow...that's one of the best compliments ever.

You've truly made my day.

Thank you so much. I am very touched.

Hai...there will be more. *kisses*

AHAHAHAHAH....right now i cant stop reading ur fanfic..

my friend Pampai read it and she love it so much...ahahah

rmember my bestfriend who requested diz 'jealousy-themed' story???

she's at her granma's house now but im sure she's gonna scream like crazy too when she read diz...

and she ady another request for u...LOL

and i think we spread the MxS live around here... ahahaa

now there's many other people who fell for this couple too... >.

im so proud i became a fan of this beautiful couple... itz like a beautiful dream for me... i became totally in love...

i really wish i can hug u for reak now... u r the greatest writer i ever know...

the feeling in ur writings really deep and gosh... itz insanely beautiful..

i think i got stroke by cupid~~ @___@

• Like 1

Another masterpiece form you, yojichan :D I liked all the story so much! Misu x Shingyouji was not my favorite pairing but I like them now much more after reading all your Pureness fanfic :D

You, Last_sky16 and Yunake made me appreciate much more this pairing.

• Like 2

Another masterpiece form you, yojichan :D I liked all the story so much! Misu x Shingyouji was not my favorite pairing but I like them now much more after reading all your Pureness fanfic :D

Huhuhu...diz is so touching...

thanx so much for appeciating diz couple and our love towards them....^^

im so happy to hear tht...ahaha....we juz want to share our passion and love towards diz couple with everyone...

and have fun...^o^

• Like 1

AHAHAHAHAH....right now i cant stop reading ur fanfic..

my friend Pampai read it and she love it so much...ahahah

rmember my bestfriend who requested diz 'jealousy-themed' story???

she's at her granma's house now but im sure she's gonna scream like crazy too when she read diz...

and she ady another request for u...LOL

and i think we spread the MxS live around here... ahahaa

now there's many other people who fell for this couple too... >.

im so proud i became a fan of this beautiful couple... itz like a beautiful dream for me... i became totally in love...

i really wish i can hug u for reak now... u r the greatest writer i ever know...

the feeling in ur writings really deep and gosh... itz insanely beautiful..

i think i got stroke by cupid~~ @___@

*hugs tight*

awwww~ i feel really touched you'd say I'm the greatest writer you know...OMG...I dunno what to say...I think I'm gonna faint.

I'm really happy that your friend liked this.

I do look forward to your other friend's reaction too.

Thank you so much for sharing this with your friends.

Spreading the M x S love has never been this fun. I'm very touched. Very appreciative.

I can't stop reading my own story too. LOL

I become a different person when I write and once it's done...I am just excited to read it as everyone else. XD

OMG! *bows gratefully* A masterpiece. Oh wow..

Thank you so much for that.

I am deeply honored of the compliment. It's just incredible.

Thank you! thank you! *hugs*

• Like 2

i think it such a pleasure to love this couple...

wat else can i say...they are so lovable...ahahahahahah

they seems like a lover which i alwys wanted to be... so deep and so sweet...^.^

thinking of them is like giving me so much desire to love someone...lol

and gosh...they meant a lot to me...they r the reason we became close friends now...*unmei*

sharing their love making us so funny and so 4D...lol

i rmembered Juju said that our conversation is funny...ahahha

i guess u got infected by my weird 4D too and all this caused by misu x shingyouji..amazing..*LMFAO*

• Like 1

So beautiful :) I like very much the fact that you also added the pics, so we could imagine them better! :)

Misu's jealousy while Shingyouji and Kentaro were eating was absolutely adorable!

• Like 1