Yaoi Reading Challenge Discussion Thread | edition 2018

Saga

Do you think the challenge should be limited to BL only?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I'm not there yet myself. Only the book associate with chocolate what come in mind is this title "Slammed In The Butt By The Living Leftover Chocolate Chip Cookies" :p

Sorry I'm not helping much, but I'm going to stolk this thread to see what other suggest :D

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• batista

• auser

• Riki

Top Posters In This Topic

ahah yep, I've seen this one, but I thought it was short so I didn't pick it O_o but it also sounds super special, so I just might xD

by the way, the Student's Prince - Arthur isn't super popular there by any chance?:D:D I picked it as "the book another participant (Jochie xD) has completed, but I'm struggling with the popular task much more xD

, sorry to ask again. I came here to ask the same thing
asked a couple days ago, for manga recommendations. Can I use one of the mangas
to her/him for task 20 (read a manga recommended by someone)?

Probably I won't join the novel challenge (since I'm a slow reader), but I love the fact the exist a novel called Slammed In The Butt By The Living Leftover Chocolate Chip Cookies! This one I'll totally read

I redirect my recommendations to you as well then!!:D Now you can most definitely use them..^^ I can recommend you some other stuff if you prefer too..^^

and yep, hah you should read that novel.. it sounds like something truly precious, no..^^

Aaaah, thanks

! And the ones you recommended are more than okay, I didn't read any of these, so it's cool to know new stuff!

And I loved this title, it's so bizarre that I need to read! lol

Yay!:D I hope you will like them..^^

do let me know your thoughts about the novel xD who knows - I might get desperate & actually use it for the chocolate task xD

thanks again and, yes, I'll let you know.

By the way, did you read Flowers and Chocolate? Probably yes, but I think it suits right the task.

O_o no I haven't.. please tell me it's good!!!:D:D it sounds perfect, actually..^^

Unfortunally, I don't know. I was just looking for the other chocolate one in the thread of BL download novels and found this one. Actually there are more other two if you look for chocolate in the title. Dark chocolate and raspberries and Chocolate spiced omega (this one is part of a serie tho). But I didn't read any of these yet.

yep, I remember now - I think
has shown me these books before as well.. I was just hoping that maybe someone has actually read a book that reminded them of chocolate.. so it would be good.. because these ones don't look trust-worthy xD ahah

yep, I remember now - I think
has shown me these books before as well.. I was just hoping that maybe someone has actually read a book that reminded them of chocolate.. so it would be good.. because these ones don't look trust-worthy xD ahah

The character being popular I read "true star" It is Chinese novel that was translated in to Thai..I don't have completed English version tho' for chocolate I know only the list I sent you Mochi >

Hello there,

I'm sorry, I also have the same struggles as you.

My choice for chara being superpopular is "Steamroller" by Mary Calmes. But is he popular enough?

For "Associate w/ the word 'chocolate'" task, my mind comes into Chocolate Spiced Omega by Susi Hawke. However, is this what the task mean?

Btw I haven't have a fix choice yet...

My progress? I'm actually too lazy to open my browser and update my list.

I keep track of my progress, just don't update it here n_n"

Hello

I did not have so much time this month to read for the challenge. Only got to finish one book. I don't know if Inheritance serie by Amelia Faulkner qualify for a character being super popular. The first book is Jack of Thorns. I really liked this series. For something associated with chocolate, I don't know any book. I have only heard about the book Vanlette suggested.

yes! Arthur is super popular of course, he's the prince. But he not the MC. I think the whole story is from Merlin POV

..sorry can't help you there..i am also struggling with those tasks..

Main character being super popular might be found in rockstar/ music/ celebrity related romance or high school.. i think there was a dreamspinner book with popular mc..i saw it long ago but forgot the title..

I'm sorry to bother you and I'm also sorry if this question has already been asked, but would the manga "Ten Count" count as a psychological manga? I was discussing it with a friend and we weren't sure if it would apply to that requirement or not. Thanks in advance!

I think I will use it, for the chocolate task.. T_T the novels just look so.. eh.. questionablle:D:D also the cookie butt thing might be good if only for the experience:D

oh no! you should update your progress... how else can we stalk you? aahah

but yep, thank you for the Mary Calmes book recommendation.. I haven't read much by her, and yep, I'm also not sure how popular is " popular enough".. mm have you read it already?

And yep, I actually started the Chocolate Spiced omega after

's recommendation, but it's.. bad O_o Like really bad xD so I dropped it for now:D

oh I've never heard of the Inheritance Series!! And if you liked it, especially, than I should definitely check it out.. thank you:D:D

and hey, yep, it's been a slow month challenge-wise for me as well.. hopefully, June will be more productive:D:D

@Mochi yes! Arthur is super popular of course, he's the prince. But he not the MC. I think the whole story is from Merlin POV

that's the big question that I wanted to ask the awesome
.. is the love interest still considered the main character for the challenge? Like in Harry Potter (xD), would Ron & Hermione also be considered main characters or not?. I've been wondering about this one for a while.. ever since I had to disregard like 5 books for "main character wearing suits" one:D

good call!! Highschool & celebrieties.. hm

I also think in Japanese/Korean novels this trope would be more common than in western ones.. I will do some googling tonight:D

i was going to stalk you for chocolate task book..

but i already put slammed in the butt by chocolate cookie in long name task..

@
I'm sorry to bother you and I'm also sorry if this question has already been asked, but would the manga "Ten Count" count as a psychological manga? I was discussing it with a friend and we weren't sure if it would apply to that requirement or not. Thanks in advance!

Re It is psychological, whatever whoever says. (:

@
.. is the love interest still considered the main character for the challenge? Like in Harry Potter (xD), would Ron & Hermione also be considered main characters or not?. I've been wondering about this one for a while.. ever since I had to disregard like 5 books for "main character wearing suits" one:D

Re Hm.. '_' Well, ain't they secondary main characters? It's not like 'supporting' one (in reference to HP, per se, Draco Malfoy).

thank you so much

!!:D that's such such great news!!..^^ I suddenly have so many options for "main character wearing suits now" ahah for some reasons, most books are from uke's POV & most semes are unnaturally fond of suits ahah

As a seme yourself, do you have an explanation for that? O_o

For the novel Challenge can you please clarify these-

1.For rivalry task in novel challenge is enemies to lovers falls under that too? i mean they are opposite sides..so i was wondering..

2.About the task "read a novel you judged by the cover" does it mean something in negative sense like "This doesn't look like an appealing book so lets not read it"or something like "the cover picture looks hot so maybe the book would be hot too" or can be anything

3.The task "Read a title by an author you don't know" does it mean a author whose book i never read before or heard about?

4.What would be considered a low rating in 5..like less than 2.50 or 3?

and

you might want to check this book out

A prince is of course super popular..

So I was thinking of joining the reading challenge :D But I was wondering if fanfiction was allowed in the novels category or are only published novels allowed?

I have one more question (yes, one more). For the task 22 in the manga challenge (read a light novel), I was wondering if light novels are only asian novels or if any novel is considered a light novel.

Thanks in advance!