Teach Me!! (Joyabe + BunBun)

BunBunTheCatSnake

Everett rolled his eyes and shook his head when Caleb said he would have to snoop around, "all you'll find is disappointment." Everett joked back jogging slightly to catch up to Caleb. Everett had short legs, though it didn't bother him any. He was used to everyone towering over him, so he had time to get used to the fact that some people had longer legs and it would be harder for him to keep up at the same pace. When he finally caught up to Caleb, he draped an arm over his shoulders which startled him at first. He felt a little trapped and his heart was beating in his stomach slightly. However that soon subsided after he started to think to himself that he was in a safe place, and that if Caleb wanted to hurt him he had plenty of opportunities to do so. A smile crossed his lips when Caleb said he liked hanging out with him, his eyes flicking up to look at him. "Though still... thank you."

Everett climbed into the car when Caleb opened the door for him, and quickly buckled himself in on impulse. There was the feeling of being on a date, though Everett quickly dismissed that thought. Caleb was just another neighborhood gay male, and it wasn't apart of some code or rule that they had to date because of it. Everett shrugged when Caleb said it must be weird, "it can be... Nothing here ever changes; my mom still runs a diner, Pete still runs the ol' local gas station and grocery store, and the people never change." Everett leaned back in his seat as he twiddled his thumbs awkwardly. "I run into some friends here and there, but I haven't really... wanted to go out. They still have that high school mentality I guess." Everett sighed and looked over at Caleb with a half smile, "what about you?"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BunBunTheCatSnake

• Joyabe

Caleb couldn't say he didn't understand what Everett was talking about. He let out a small chuckle at the question "well, you said it yourself. Nothing here changes, so when you do…" he said "I mean, for them I'm still the guy that took Megan Campbell to prom" he laughed. Back in high school, he was deep, deep in the closet. He wasn't sure about it, but he had the feeling the people he used to hang with back then would react like his family did if he were to come out to them. Besides, his friends from high school knew his family, and that was bound to bring about questions he definitely didn't want to answer. "Yeah, a lot have changed since high school…" he mumble, more to himself than anything else. As if to make a point, at this exact same moment his phone began vibrating in the middle console. A quick glance at in verified that it was his sister calling him. She was persistent, he had to give her that. At this hour they should have all been together already, but she was still trying to convince him. That, or she was calling to lecture him. Maybe both. In any case, he had no desire to answer it.

Caleb's fingers tightened around the stirring wheel, knuckles turning a little white as he continued talking, this time raising his voice just a little to drown out the sounds of his phone. "My friend are mostly from university and my last job" he explained "Alexis, my friend that runs the bar, she was a cheerleader for the team I worked with. I think you'll like her" he smiled at Everett. Although he lost contact with most of the people from back then as well, due to the circumstances under which he left his job, he still kept in touch with a few of them. "She might be a little angry though" he added after a moment "it's been a while since I came to visit" he admitted "tell you what, if she will I'll distract her and you run" he laughed. Although Caleb had a suspicion he was right, the both of them were close enough for her not to really be angry with him- even if she was. He'll just have to apologize and everything will be okay.

Everett smiled when Caleb made the Megan Campbell comment, his head resting on the head rest of the seat while he looked at him. There was a time when he was in the closet, but that seemed like so long ago. He came out at the beginning of his freshman year, though he didn't make a big deal about it. People already assumed he was gay because of the sport he chose, with bothered him even today. Though Everett couldn't help but wonder how long Caleb was in the closet for, and how he found out that he was gay. Did he always know? Or did it take doing something with another man to confirm it. Everett jumped in his seat when the phone started to ring. He expected Caleb to answer it, but instead it just rang uncomfortably.

Everett looked up at Caleb, watchubc his fingers wrap around the steering wheel. He seemed bothered... He reached over and touched his shoulder gently, "hey... do you want me to turn off you phone sense you're driving?" Clearly something was going on in Caleb's private life, and Everett wanted to help even if it was in a small minuscule way. Everett liked to think that he was Caleb's friend, and that's just what they did! "You seem bothered today, Caleb. Do you want to talk about it? My ears are open." Everett offered the other man a small sincere smile, his hand lightly squeezing his arm as if to comfort him.

Over the years Caleb skillfully developed the ability to completely hide everything he was going through from others. Maybe it was something he inherited from his family or just his own character, but he considered himself pretty good at showing others only what he wanted them to see. Clearly, that was not working now. The fact that Everett was able to see past the walls he tried to place between the messy parts of his life and everyone else made him mad- not at Everett, but at himself, an anger that was clearly visible when he answered. "There's nothing to talk about" was his brisk reply. He didn't mean it to come out so harsh, and the moment the words left his mouth he instantly regretted them. Clearly Everett was being nothing but nice and considerate and in return Caleb was acting like an ass. "I'm sorry" he said after a moment, his voice and expression softening "what I meant is that it's nothing serious, just some stupid family stuff" his eyes flicked to Everett for a moment and his lips pulled up into warm smile "you don't need to worry about this. But thanks" he said, regaining the diplomatic character he adopted over the years.

He was grateful for the drive being so short that soon after he stopped the car in front of a familiar entrance. "Come on, I owe you a drink" he smiled at Everett as he cut the engine. Taking his wallet but very purposely leaving his phone in the car, he got out and rounded it to open the door for Everett, determined to not let the night be ruined. The next door he opened for him was the one to the bar, letting him go in before entering after him. The inside was nothing out of the ordinary, dimly lit and darkly decorated, with the only unusual thing being a wall behind the bar, covered in autographs and surrounded by photos of people standing next to said wall.

The moment they walked in, the bartender lifted her eyes to look at them, which caused the woman she was talking with to turn around. The moment she took in the new customers a wide grin spread across her face, white standing in contrast to her tan skin, and she hurried to close the distance to them, wrapping her arms around Caleb's neck when she did. He didn't hesitate when he answered her hug, although a moment later she moved away and swatted his arm. "And where the hell have you been?" she asked accusingly, although the wide smile remained on her face. "Sorry, it was a little busy these past few months" Caleb apologized. Actually, that wasn't exactly true. A lot of the people from his old job often came to the bar, and he really didn't feel like explaining why he had to leave so abruptly. Not that he would tell her that. Instead, he quickly went on to introductions, changing the subject to try and avoid another unwanted conversation "Alexis, this is Everett. Everett- Alexis". Alexis' eyes landed on Everett, widening in amazement as they did. "Shut up" she said "you're Everett Ryker right?" she asked him as she handed her hand for a shake "why didn't you tell me you know him?" she scolded Caleb for a second before returning her attention to Everett "you have to sign our wall! But let's get you a drink before- on the house" she smiled at him, completely ignoring Caleb who had no choice but quietly chuckle at her clear enthusiasm.

• 2 weeks later...

Everett jumped in his seat when Caleb used such a harsh tone. He lowered his blue eyes and leaned into his seat, his heart beating against his stomach. When Caleb appologized he looked over at him, his thumbs anxiously twiddling together. "It's fine... I understand." Everett said with a small smile and a wave of his hand. Everett was still anxious, the tone of Caleb's voice bringing back memories of his ex-boyfriend that he wanted to avoid at all costs. When the car stopped and Caleb offered him to buy him a drink he sank in his seat just a little and smiled, "okay... but I'll get the next drink!" Everett said, Caleb got out of the car. He moved to unbuckle his seat belt, his eyes flashing towards Caleb as he opened his door. Everett couldn't shake the feeling of this being almost date like, which was a weird thought in itself. He tried to shove it deep in his stomach as he thanked Caleb and got out of the car.

When they entered the bar Everett's eyes immediatly moved towards the large wall, amazed with all of the people who signed it. His eyes only shifted when he saw Alexis move to give Caleb a hug. He stepped away just a little to allow the two of the enough room, his eyes flickering to the ground awkwardly as they spoke. God he needed a few drinks to loosen up just a little. When Caleb started to introduce the two of them Everett smiled at Alexis and offered a small little wave. A small blush crossed his face and he nodded, "y-yeah! Yes. I am..." Everett tried to straighten his posture just a little, trying to give off a sense of confidence that he used to have when he preformed. He was so happy that someone recignized him. No one rarely did, and it felt good for someone to remember he exsisted.

Everett's blush only darkened when Alexis mentioned the wall, his hands moving in protest. "Oh no... I'm no where as famous to make it on your wall... Those people are pretty amazing. I'm just a Used-To-Be-Upcoming figure skater... but thank you, you are very sweet." Everett rubbed the back of his neck just a little, with a small smile.

A small frown appeared on Alexis' face when she was denied, indicating her request was completely genuine. "Oh come on" she insisted "you're much more interesting than just another basketball player. We both know we can do things they can't even dream of" she winked at him in camaraderie. Of course that as an ex-cheerleader she had an understanding of just how much effort went into figure skating, and that it was no less, maybe even more, than other sports.

She thought about it for a moment before a new, more mischievous smile appeared on her lips "guess I'll just have to ask you again when you're a few drinks in…". "Okay" Caleb interfered, deciding it was about time to save Everett from her devious plans. He wrapped his arm around Alexis' waist so he could pull her aside and stepped in between them "don't you have clients to take care of?" he asked, tilting his head to look at her, pulling an answer laugh from her. "Fine. Go sit at the bar we'll take care of you. I'll come by later" she leaned past Caleb at that last part to wink at Everett again before she freed herself from the former's hold and left. Caleb couldn't help rolling his eyes for a moment before he turned to Everett "sorry about this… here, come on" he said as he grabbed his wrist to gently lead him to a bar stool before sitting next to him "she's not wrong though, you know. But if she's too much tell me and I'll get her off you". He loved Alexis, but he knew she could come on a little strong and the last thing he wanted to do was make Everett feel uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

Everett smiled awkwardly when he saw the mischievous smile on Alexis' face, and rubbed the back of his neck. He was thankful when Caleb directed her attention elsewhere. He gave her a small wave when she started to walk away, and turned to face Caleb. He shot him a genuine smile when Caleb apologized and shook his head, "no... it's alright." Everett said as he sat down, facing Caleb. "I like her. She seems like a good friend to have around. I'm just... awkward I guess." Everett laughed gently, his fingers tapping against the wood of the bar. "I was flattered that she offered to put me up on a wall, or that she even recognized me in the first place." Everett looked down at their feet, before he looked up at Caleb. He felt a little rude for turning down the offer. He loved his fans, so what was he thinking? Maybe Everett's ex-boyfriend really did mess him up. He wasn't here anymore, so what was Everett so scared of?

"So... I'm going to tell Alexis tol... but I guess I'll let her put me on her wall. I was tol hasty I think." Everett said in a whisper, his cheeks turning a little pink. "She just caught me off guard I think." Everett sank in his chair, the need to get alcohol in his system growing. "Well, with that said lets get our drink on!" Everett smackef the table softly and turned in his chair, feeling a little more than awakward in this moment.

Watching Everett get flustered over such a small thing, Caleb couldn't help his brows from pushing together as he listened quietly. It was one thing not letting success go to your head, which was one of the things he liked about the other, but right now he seemed more disturbed, maybe even to the point of being afraid. Okay, so maybe he was a little biased, but he didn’t see a reason for Everett to be so self-conscious, and he certainly didn’t want to see him get agitated over something so minute. The mock enthusiasm at the end of his explanation didn't help any. Instead of reassured, Caleb felt an even stronger urge to cheer the other up, or say something that would make him look at himself the way he saw him. "You're not awkward" he quietly said as he reached his hand to place it on top of Everett's "you just tend to assume the worse, about yourself as well. But you really have no reason to" his eyes were searching for Everett's when he said it, trying to convey the other his own image of him.

After a moment, he offered him a smile, leaning back again "but you're right. Let's just get you a drunk and then you can blame the booze" he winked at him before turning to look for the bartender. Thank god he was driving and couldn't drink much, because drunk Caleb had zero filters and up for pretty much anything. He wasn't sure if Everett was ready to handle that yet. He didn't even had the chance to ask the other what he was drinking before the bartender appeared, placing a lowball glass of whisky in front of each of them. "From Alexis" she purred, flashing a wide smile at Caleb that might as well have been directed at an empty chair "if you need anything else call me". "Sure, thanks" was his brief answer, nothing more than polite, before turning his attention back to Everett and leaving her to tend to her other customers. "So, just so I know…" the corner of his mouth twitched into a smile and a playful gleam appeared in the back of his eyes "what am I in for? And how much does it take to get you dancing on top of the bar?"

• 3 weeks later...

Everett looked at the lowball and smiled awkwardly, his eyes flashing up at the bartender to catch that wide smile. His smile soon became a little less awkward, and he looked over at Caleb as he pressed the glass to his lips. His eyes flicked over to the bartender, "thank you... to both you and Alexis I mean..." Okay, maybe Everett wasn't completely over the awkward stage of being at a social setting, but that's what the alcohol was for! When Caleb directed his attention back towards Everett he did the same, his body turning to completely face him. The question made Everett laugh with a soft snort, his hands reaching to cup his nose the second the embarrassing noise escaped him. "Honestly, despite my small stature I could hold my own. Though, when I get drunk I guess I get sentimental." Everett said before he threw his head back, and swallowed the shot. He pulled back and took a deep breath, "fuck that's strong." Everett said as he turned the glass upside down, something he started doing since he started to drink because of Indiana Jones.

Everett looked overt at Caleb, and leaned forward in his chair. "What about you? How much does it take until you take your shirt off, all the while dancing to Macho Man?" Everett smiled, his bright blue eyes meeting with Caleb's before they turned to the table. Maybe it was because it had been so long since he had even a sip of alcohol, but he was already starting to feel a little looser than he did. Everett was still just a tad anxious, but he felt a weight lifted off his chest just a little. It wasn't like his anxiety levels were at an all time high right now, which was nice for a change. It felt nice feeling... normal again. There was a time Everett felt so free, but that part of him had been gone for so long.

An eyebrow arched high on Caleb's forehead when Everett said he could hold his liquor, and it only rose higher after he downed his drink. Nonetheless, his smile never left his lips, although he hid it behind the rim of his glass as he took a more measured sip of his drink. Truth was he liked seeing Everett more relaxed. He still felt a little bad about the way he talked to him earlier, so it was a good thing to see that no serious harm was done and that Everett seemed to be having a good time. He kind of wanted to hear that laugh from earlier again. When Everett leaned forward he mirrored him, closing some of the distance between them so he would be able to hear him clearly over the sound of music and other conversations. He couldn't help the new, more mischievous smile that tugged at his lips at the other's question. Actually, he wasn't too far off, but he could milk the situation a little, couldn't he?

"Are you trying to make me take my clothes off?" he answered suggestively, leaning even closer. It's been a while since he last drank, and although nowhere near drunk, the taste of alcohol in his mouth and this proximity to the other gave him some kind of buzz he hadn't felt in a long time. "Besides," he added in the same low murmur after a short pause, letting his eyes drift down the other's face, tracing it from his eyes, along his nose and all the way to his lips where he stopped for a moment "you have it all wrong. It was YMCA and I was fully clad" he said as his eyes flashed back up to look at Everett's, his face clearly giving away the amusement he found in the situation.

• Saga locked this topic