• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nicicia

• chiakaiyuki

• JenovaVII

• ShivaDrake

@Lisa- oh man, I'm totally nuts about that series.......

and Brian......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Brian............gosh................ he's just so...........

brian-kinney-lounge_large.jpgtumblr_lvfyw9VEPz1qk0r74.gif

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~~

• 11 months later...

Oooh, I love non-asian gay films as well!:Red_fox:

My top two are definitely Maurice and Latter Days .

Maurice is pretty long and may seem a little slow at the beginning, but I feel like it's totally worth it. It's set in pre-WWI England, so if you can't stand kind of historical films, I don't think you'll survive the first hour :_red_fox 14

The ending is sooo sweet and I was crying my eyes out until like the last 2 mins of the film cuz the ending could have gone either way and I had begun to think they weren't going to end up together. But that kind of misunderstanding stuff between the couple where they finally reunite after some uncertainty really appeals to me, so I loved it. Ah, sorry if this was kind of unclear to you if you haven't seen the film. :_red_fox 14

Latter Days is also really amazing! I feel like the top and bottom just have really great chemistry and they're both pretty hot ;) I think most people will enjoy it, so if you haven't seen it yet, I definitely recommend you check it out.

I shed quite a few tears while watching this film, but the ending is really sweet and also has that plot I like where there is a misunderstanding or something that pushes the couple apart before they are finally together in the end. It does have a scene where the bottom is implied to have committed suicide and gets just a little bit graphic, so maybe this film isn't for you if you don't want to see that.

Those two films can get a little serious, so I would recommend the Eating Out series if you're looking for something with less plot and more hot guys leaf2 and also Were the World Mine, which is like a gay version of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Some other ones I liked are

The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green

Brokeback Mountain (a classic)

Beautiful Thing

I Love You Phillip Morris

................. sorry this post was so long, but I got a little excited :_red_fox 14

-Shelter

-dream boy

-L'homme de ma vie ( the man of his life )

now after I saw all your messages I really want to see :

TIME TO LEAVE

Les chansons d'amour (LOVE SONGS)

Les_Roseaux_Sauvages

they are all French movies , it's funny because i didn't know those movies before and I like watching BL movie in my own language so thanks’ very much , I'm going to watch all of them .

with that I'm going to watch Queer as Folk US version sounds good

I forgot one of my favorit couple : Alexander and Hephaestion from the movie Alexander

Jared Leto :leaf15:

There're so many non-asian BL drama that I like...but recently, I fall in love with Syed from Eastenders..

Soaps or series

1. Chryed. Loves the pairing of eastenders from British-Chryed aka Christian and Syed.. :leaf15:

I love the storyline of this soap, and so happy when finally there're married.. :)

2. Ludwin. Beside Eastenders, I like Lucas's story of GTST soap from Netherlands. Lucas and Edwin..but too bad, I couldn't watch all the episodes, youtube already deleted almost all the videos. I hope someday someone would mind to upload it again.. :_red_fox 18

3. Verbotene Liebe, there're some pairs from this soap. I like Chrolli the most-Christian and Olliver. Beside them, I like Tom and Ulli. It's a german's soap.

4. Larias, from Salatut Elamat soap, it's a Finnish's soap with pairing Lari and Elias. I like the story, but the acting of the actors are not that good IMHO.. :p

5. Brian and Justin of Queer as Folk are the best..really love them so much! foxy2

6. Nagron from Spartacus. Agron and Nasir were soooooo HOT!!! :7yoyo10:

7. Max and Iago...I forgot what's the tittle of the soap...sorry..

there are many more...but I think for now, those are my fave.. :)

For Movie...I go with Shelter, Love Songs, Yossi and Jagger, Bubble, You I love, Latter Days, Get Real, From The Beginning till The End, Starcrossed, Just a Question of Love, Soundless Wind Chime, Baby Love...heeemmm..I couldn't remember all for now.. :p

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

1. Shelter - Zach who has an off-again girlfriend, falls for his best friend's brother. Very sweet love story.

2. Latter Days - Christian, the gay party boy, sets his sights on Mormon Missionary Aaron, and ends up falling for him.

3. Get Real - Steven the school nerd, falls for the big man on campus John. This may have had a different ending if it were made now. Hint to those who must have HEA.

4. Big Eden - No gorgeous eye candy here but a wonderful love story that takes place in a small Montana town. We only wish there were real small towns like this.

Honorable mention. There are good GL movies too but since this is a BL thread, will only mention But I'm a Cheerleader. Funny and full of stereotypes.

• 5 months later...

I would highly recommend "My own private idaho." Its my favourite film of all time, and just so happens to be about a gay hustler who has an unrequited love for his best friend and suffers from narcolepsy. Its sort of depressing :/ But also very beautiful. And I love River phoenix and Keanu reeves so much. They had a great friendship.

I really can't stand "cheese" in my movies or cliches. Anything making me roll my eyes and I am out of there quick. So if you want a masterfully directed/acted film, then I would watch MOPI.

my-own-private-idaho.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1)Brokeback mountain

2)Comme Un Frère (Like a Brother)

3)Dream Boy

4)Edge of seventeen

5)Bad Boy Street

6)Free Faller

7)Aleksandr's Price

8)The Conrad Boys

9)Shelter

• 1 month later...

Finnish soap series Salatut elämät (Secret lives)

What a horrid show :) Everytime i end up watching couple of seconds while channel surfing, there is this one character Lasse. I mean everytime. And he's such a bad actor it makes my soul bleed.

But anyhoo. Someone is making this youtube-show called Elias' story, wich includes all BL scenes from the soap with english subs.

1643889.jpg

Indeed I am from Finland.

How about you fellow Earthian? You know, cause the world is so small :)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.