The Power of a CEO +18 w/aominecchi (Private)

azuneko

Cain watched the other as he stood to his feet. "I will be sure to avoid such mistakes in the future."

he assures the other as he had slowly began to walk away. He stopped in his tracks as he heard the question being asked of him. "Its best not to know such things. It takes away the illusion of the mystery. Just know I am a very determined man who enjoys proving those wrong. If I am told I can't do something you better believe I will push forward to do just that. I am one who doesn't enjoy defeat one bit." he declared as he glanced back at the other. Being labeled an omega since forever gave him this determination. Even if the other assumed him to be a beta, he'd still have such determination. Betas were only an inch shy of being as low as omegas.

"Sir its best to hurry along. I'd hate for the meal to become cold." Cain says as he walked down the hall.

As he walked away he felt his something within him ache. He sighs a little as he stopped by his room to grab his phone. He called Toriyama to tell the other he might wish to resign from his position. Cain knew after last night his heat wasn't too far away. Even with a collar on there was no guarantee things wouldn't turn out badly. His main concern was Jin's reaction to things. Seeing how easily he could forget such a thing due to being drunk and his pheromones. Cain knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself if Jin was to forget attacking him during his heat. Thus he also worried about his inept boss. The guy was just too closed minded about the world. He didn't want to hurt the man as he found Jin to be funny and a little cute. 'I'll quit if to avoid hurting him...' he thinks to himself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• aominecchi

Cain is many things. One of them is scary. Another: Calculating. Jin needs to ask no further, as he senses danger. Really, Cain's answer was disarming, cutting off any future questions. It wouldn't be a surprise if even murder was committed. The boy's eyes just had that look. One that Cain couldn't help but shiver slightly.

"Ahh." He awkwardly exhaled, or rather forced out to fill the dooming silence. Yeah, the maid wouldn't make a bad alpha at all. "Too bad your potential is being wasted as a beta..." Jin then unconsciously blurted out, his words being a mere thought before an opinion, and then proceeded to take a bite of the food that was cooked especially for him.

- - x - -

"WHAT?!" Toriyama basically screamed at the phone while in his office, gathering curious stares from the outside. "Mind to repeat that again please?" He continued as he blinked his eyes in disbelief, his tone visibly lower yet still mocking. No, an answer was not expect. The nature of the questions was purely

a chance for the omega to recall his decision to quit. "Absurd! You can't quit.

Has he mistreated you? If yes, we can go right now and give him a good beating. However, you cannot quit. You really can't! The chairman will have my head then. Do you know just how many auditions we've held to find the right person? Not to mention how many quit a week after. Not anyone can put up with the young master! Please!" Toriyama rumbles without a stop, his voice getting louder and louder and until it suddenly stops after almost whimpering the word please.

A moment's silence followed, his mouth corners forming a sly smile." Oh"

He breathed calmly while playing with the phone's cord, twisting and untwisting it as he balanced the phone on his crossed legs. "I get it now. You play coy to get a raise. I understand now." A laugh was heard. "Yeah, I really do understand you. Why all the drama then? Just fax the amount you want and you will have it!" And the Chairman won't have a heart attack nor my head, he added in audibly.

Cain expected such a reaction from the other. To quit out of the blue was truly something not in his nature. He didn’t mind explaining himself but then the next set of words Toriyama uttered set him off.

"Listen to me clearly sir. I am not your everyday run of the mill omega. I wouldn't stoop so low as to badger with the likes of you just for a raise in my pay. If I needed such things I have no problem coming right up to you and asking out right. I'm not the type to play games when it comes to anything in my life. Be that as it may, I am only considering quitting as I feel terrible for my actions towards Jin. I know I had agreed to this position with full knowledge that I would be deceiving that man. However the more time I encounter interactions with him the more guilt that chokes me. I won't quit until someone new is found to replace me. However I don't know how much longer I can continue to trick him. I'm sorry to both you and the chairman. I understand my quitting leaves you both in a struggling situation. I just find Jin to be too pure and oblivious to be lied to in this way." he said making sure that Toriyama fully gets it that he wasn't trying to gain an upper hand by quitting or saying he was thinking about quitting.

Cain listened to what Toriyama had to say before ending the call so he could get back to the rest of his work for that day. He was sure finding a replacement that could deal with Jin would be almost impossible.

Cain knew it would take a certain type to be able to deal with such a man. He had almost quit the very first day but managed through as he found some of the things Jin said to be amusing.

Toriyama was taken aback by the omega's choice of words.

Such confidence. Truly, the Chairman chose well. Not even an alpha could possibly compete with that boy. Too bad that he is an omega, the talent is being wasted.

On the Chairman's only son no less.

Alas, Toriyama's heart is too old and weak to raise a counter point to the young maid. Though, he did sense a certain... Feeling lingering in the maid's sentence. "Very well." The secretary responded in a defeated manner and then let out a soft sigh, dreading at the mere thought of relaying the news to his boss.

Should he also look up funeral prices while he is at it?

"I shall transfer your wish to the Chairman. In the meantime, I would highly advise to avoid bringing up the subject in front of the young master, as he can be quite sensitive and... Attached." The last word is uttered in disbelief and then he hangs up.

Immediately after, he rests his forehead on the desk as a whimper comes out his mouth. He is seriously too old for that. Maybe they should look a replacement for him as well. Retirement has never looked better.

Unfortunately, the Chairman has other plans.

- - x - -

"WHAT?!" The Patriarch of the family yelled his loyal assistant, making Toriyama flinch. "You mean to say that the omega is going to quit?!" He continued in the same manner, banging him fist on the glass desk, practically causing Toriyama's heart to jump out. "My-My" There was an attempt to calm the Chairman down, there really was. However, despite his age the Chairman is very athletic, as indicated by his ability to climb the desk and somehow tangle himself with the telephones cords while trying to make a call. The secretary hurried to his aid, only to hear more.

"Your pills Sir!" He suggests while untangling Seiji - the Chairman, and then reached for the second drawer on the desk, taking out a small packet. At this point, there is foam gathering on Seiji's mouth from the shock and anger. Well, almost. But Toriyama could swear he could see some as his Boss started acting like a wild beast. The color on his face definitely matched the attitude.

After swallowing the pills, the Chairman finally calms down and then sits back to his comfortable chair, holding Toriyama's hand. "Just where did I go wrong with my son?" He wondered in a frail voice, to which Toriyama took pity and did not respond back with a witty answer. Instead, he held Seiji's hand back and nodded. "He just needs some guidance. He is such a good boy, perhaps we shouldn't have spoiled him this much." The secretary acknowledged while being in sync with the Chairman's whimpers and overreacting. Seiji nodded as he grabbed a tissue and then blew his nose loudly." If only Ayame was here. She always knew how to deal with our son. Ahhh why did she have to leave me at such a young age?" The Chairman blew his nose again, prompting Toriyama's head to tilt in confusion. "Sir... Miss is on vacation. She is returning next week."

The Chairman did not seem to care.

"Eureka!" He suddenly junks with the widest and slyest smirk known to man. "I know exactly what to do." Uh oh, Toriyama stares terrified. Usually Seiji's ideas are a disaster that do not pass without the wife's approval. "We just won't look for a replacement." Yes. Genius. The secretary wanted to clap at the idiocy of this master plan. But no, the Chairman further elaborates. "We just have to marry those two." Those who!? Toriyama blinks as his mouth hangs open in shock.

"Come on, let's go find them. We need this plan to stay a secret. Especially from Ayame. I am certain you are capable to create the right conditions and mood for them to fall in love! That omega, despite being one, can even surpass an alpha in skill. My Jin will make a good bride."

Toriyama can't believe what he is witnessing at the moment. Nor can he object, though he certainly is going to inform the wife of this absurd plan. Preferably before disaster ensues or they end up being sued. Before he could even protest, Seiji is already dragging him by the hand and towards the elevator.

Cain walked out of his room thinking about what Toriyama had said. 'That man... attached...

I doubt it when it comes to me...' he thinks a little as he found the other and decided to test something out.

He wouldn't bring up about him planning to quit or about the chairman's actual plans. However he wonders what the other might think about something. "Sir, I want to ask a hypothetical question of you. If you were ever to meet someone like me yet they were an omega or an alpha what would you think of them? I am curious as I am often told I don't act like a typical beta. So I wondered if I was born an omega or alpha would others still find by behavior strange." he asked as he looked at Jin. He knew this person had no restraint when it came to speaking his mind. It was something he learned when he first met him. Thus asking it like this was the best way he could think of to get an honest answer.

As he asked this and spoke with Jin, he had zero idea that he might have just dug his own grave. In the thoughts of wishing to quit he would soon learn the scary side to an alpha's dominance. That was something he knew very little about as he alway avoided direct interactions with very dominate alphas like Jin's father.

In the meantime, Jin was eating quietly his lunch in the kitchen room, unaware of the discussion Cain had over the phone with his father's secretary. The beta's cooking skills were godly, able to satisfy any appetite. A truth that Jin did not want to admit out loud. If only the boy had been an alpha, he would be worthy of praise.

The plate is almost emptied and Cain walks in, catching the Master mid bite, prompting to shift his gaze upwards in curiosity. The question was indeed unexpected if not surprising, as indicated by the piece of meat that fell onto the plate after balancing on the fork for so long.

The silence lingered for a while longer as he was unsure of what to answer. Or rather, which was the proper response that wouldn't be truthful and yet wouldn't hurt the beta. His eyes got colder, and finally, his expression turned serious, just like when he is at work.

"Your capabilities as a beta are far beyond what anyone could imagine. Had I not known you were a beta, I would surely think of you as an alpha." He replied with a deep and call breath as he then gently placed the utensil on the table and resumed. "Why? Has someone bothered you?" It's only an assumption, however, the way the question was delivered, and out of the blue, placed suspicions.

His hand moved to the tissue dispenser, afterwards, and slowly wiped any remnants of his lunch off his lips before standing up to face the maid. Jin was taller and their height difference was now apparent, his presence shadowing the other. His coworkers would surely be intimated but maybe not this beta.

"I... Know I can be... hard to deal with sometimes, yet in spite of this you remained far longer than anyone else." It is hard to admit his feelings, to the maid no less, but the circumstances feel different. He cannot lie to Cain, not now. Jin takes another deep breath and then slowly exhales, approaching Cain closer until he place his hand on the other's shoulder if allowed. "Beta or not, you stayed, and I appreciate that." He reassures the beta, his tone almost as low as a whisper, and, perhaps for once he could seem reliable.

• 2 weeks later...

Cain was a bit nervous when he noticed the serious expression on the other's face. It was one he definitely wasn't use to seeing around the house and it was a little unsettling for him. He stayed silent and calm awaiting the reply to his question. The answer he received was one he didn't expect coming out of the mouth of Jin ever. This man actually appreciated the fact he was here. Such an odd thing to say and yet it was enough to put his mind and heart at ease. This person was a good man and it was this very reason he couldn't continue to lie to him as he was. He let out a heavy sigh before lowering his gaze. This was very hard to think of or do but he knew the time would eventually come to this.

Cain clears his throat as he let his lips part a little. "Well thank you for that sir. I appreciate working here. It was definitely a learning experience I will never forget for as long as I live. Well I should get back to work. I wouldn't wish to disturb you anymore than this. If you'll excuse me." he said as he walked off from the other. He was feeling conflicted at this point. Cain knew what he should do which was quit but at the same time he didn't feel right allowing someone else to have the honer of taking care of Jin. 'Well I am sure at this point nothing could get worse..'

Jin's hand lingered on the air for a mere moment as Cain pulled away, being apparent that he did not want to let go. Truly, what had gotten into the boy's mind? For as ignorant as they alphay may seem, he was capable enough to understand that something is amiss. "Right..." Jin silently exhaled as the beta proceeded back to his work and then pulled his hair back with a sigh.

As much as he wanted to ask what's wrong, Jin decided not to.

Time would come, he hoped, that Cain would inform him.

Time would... Ding.

Ding Dong.

Time... Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Ding Dong.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" He yelled while opening the front door after the doorbell rung frantically, meeting his mother's expressionless face. "Oh, darling. You finally answered. I was getting worried..."

Jin simply glanced dumbfounded. "Well, you don't look it. Ayame let out a short laugh, just enough to realize it is fake and pretendious and then touched her cheeks. "Oh, really? It must be the botox I had. I was in Seoul getting surgery when our slave called, saying PawPaw is worried about you."

Eeeer... Slave? Who is she talking about? Mother always had a way with words. With parents like that, it is no mystery as to how Jin came to be raised to be the man he is today. Still, the true mystery is how he did not turn out to be an exact copy of them.

Unfortunately, Mother interrupted his thoughts once again as she started giving countless glances across the living room.

"Well?" She tilted her head, as if expecting something. "Wellllll...?" Jin repeated back in his most confused look yet. "Where is the maid? I need my coat hanged. Careful with it, it's Gucci. Oh and, instruct the maid to fetch a towel or something. I don't want to sit on this dirty couch with my Limited Edition Dior dress. I bought it from Paris, costed your PawPaw a fortune, but it serves him right for ignoring me."

Jin blinked twice in disbelief. Was he just being ordered around, in his own apartment no less? However, what was unacceptable was how his mother addressed Cain, as if he were an object meant to satisfy her. Well, he wanted to stand up to the beta but... Nobody can.

"Mom..." He desperately exhaled in a very long maner, feeling already tired. He shouldn't let her feel in charge. This is his sanctuary and no one can transpass it. As an alpha, he should set an example for all alphas out there and emit an air of superiority. Moreover, he is an heir, coming from a family with a long tradition of marrying into alphas.

Jin is a proud alpha.

Jin will reclaim his masculinity back!

"... Would you like a mojito?" He widely smiled, trying to remain as calm as ever. Though his is a step away from murdering his own family.

Cain was off cleaning the dishes as he heard the door bell. He was curious as to who it was ringing the door like a madman. He peered down the hall but remained out of sight to see a woman. ‘So his mother is that kind of woman... interesting...’ he thinks as it wasn’t the first time he’s encountered someone with such a personality. Back in his restaurant days he restaurant days many women would come there acting in such a way. Being the man he was; Cain walked down the hall and towards the door. He arrived just as Jin had offered the woman a Mojito. “Excuse me miss. I would be very happy to take your coat from you. A woman of such refined taste deserves only the best. If you’d come this way a seat fit for a queen has already been prepared for you.” he says with a slight bow of his head as he took the coat to hang up. Cain glanced at Jin with a smile. He didn’t mind assisting the other in this moment.

Overhearing the conversation he had set a chair aside and covered it with a skillfully hand sewn silk covering. One could mistake it easily for something couture though that wasn’t the case. His gaze stayed fixated on the woman knowing she might be the type to pick up on his scent. Thus he made sure to keep a safe distance from her. Last thing he needed was someone suddenly breaking the harsh news to Jin before it was time or the right moment for it.

• 3 weeks later...

He could protest. He really could have. It's just a dress, he would say but nobody wants to listen to a three hour monologue, which would be similar of a scolding, on fashion history and how specific brands show off a person's assets, or wealth. Jin would have. Just not today.

A deep sigh was heard upon witnessing the beta comply to Mother's absurd orders, followed by a quick wide smile as soon as Ayame judgementally stared. "It seems like Toriyama has some skills after all..." She exhaled, referring to the secretary's intuition on hirring Cain as the latter laid down a towel for her to sit on. It was a unique way of offering a compliment for sure. "So..." She observed the maid's actions as she crossed her legs, like she was a work inspection officer or worse. "So?" Jin tilted his head. His tone had turned serious. "Just checking, just checking..." She replied with a short giggle and thus turning the atmosphere more awkward than it already was.

Naturally, the next question would be what she's checking but little does he know that Ayame has an obsession. A very... Well, not pervese obsession. But still, she loathes not getting what she wants, and this is exactly what is going to happen at the moment.

"Slave." She instructed in an authoritative, unquestionable tone that left Jin's mouth gaping in shock. If he thought they were past that, boy was he wrong. "Mind coming closer? I have a few questions I'd like to ask you. If you would induldge me..." Her lips slightly widened, revealing an evil smirk. In the meantime, Jin dreaded that question, knowing that there is a criminal master plan behind those words. It would be a lie to not ponder on whether to call Bitch Control or not, aka Toriyama to save the situation once again.

A man of many talents.

A man that is getting underpaid for his deeds.

The one and only; Toriyama.

It's only a wonder how he's stayed loyal for this long.

+++

In the meantime, said person and the Chairman had just parked outside the apartment building and were discussing the final details of their genius plan, until they noticed a hot pink Chevrolet Cabrio which belonged to nobody else but the Chairman's eccentric wife. At the mere sight, Seiji felt nauseus, having this urge to take his pressure pills. Hopefully this time there was no foam coming out his mouth.

They had to change plans and adapt.

Cain had set out some tea and low carb snacks for the guest of the day. The snacks were well made one wouldn’t expect them to be low carb or sugar free. They tasted absolutely delicious which one would instantly think it was a trick to the tastebuds. He glanced over towards her as he tried his best not to flip out hearing how she spoke to him. Not even Toriyama or the chairman himself had called out to him like that. It was truly something worth remembering but he gave s subtle smile. “You can ask me whatever it is you’d like however I prefer not getting too close. I’d hate to have even a drop of my hard working sweat anywhere near you miss. You must clearly shop couture one so I’ll stay here if that’s fine with you.” he says keeping near Jin.

Cain wasn’t going to deny that he’d probably lose his temper had he gotten any closer to her. Her words alone was enough to piss him off in all the wrong ways. He has never felt so disrespected in such a short time upon first meeting someone.

• 1 month later...

The Chairman is almost having a stroke upon noticing the bright colored pink chevrolet parked in the underground lot. He needed not to check the license as such a car of ill taste could only belong to one woman; his wife. On the other hand, the secretary is already searching his briefcase for Seiji's pressure pills. "Alright!" Toriyama exhaled with a sigh that slowly turned into laughter before ending in a whimper. If Ayame were to foil their carefully crafted plan, he would lose his bonus.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

He took another deep breath before grabbing the almost comatose Chairman's arm and then dragged him towards the elevator as he pressed the button to the 34th floor.

+++

"Mother!" Jin protested with frown upon hearing his mother's rude remarks towards the beta. However, all he got for an answer was a hush. "This is the 21st century, you can't just call someone a slave!" He continued with an exhausted sigh as he defended Cain. Seriously, he could not believe in his ears. How could she act this away? "Oh, yeah?" Ayame crossed her arms, obviously unamused. Had this been a drama, she would definitely have this rich but bitchy aura around her. Actually, Jin wondered whether she had a glass of water ready to throw at someone after feeling offended. "What do you know? You can't even keep them for long, they all run away."

Okay, that was a hit below the belt.

Jin's glance shifts towards the kitchen for a mere moment, wondering if he ought bring a towel just in case... Mother really knew how to test his patience. No wonder his father would keep a secret pill stash around. "That's more reason for you to show respect to Cain! He hasn't given up on me and despite being a beta he is exceptional. Apologize to him, please." At the sound of beta, Ayame scoffed as she repeated the same word under her breath in irony. "Beta..." Afterwards, she took a sip of her drink and later bit into the snack Cain had brought, trying not to show any emotion over how tasty and beyond her expectations was.

She didn't utter another word and Jin simply stood there, being at a complete loss for words. All he wanted to scream was WOW in indignation. He only shook his head in disappointment before the bell rung once again multiple times.

DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG

"Who is it now...?" Jin complained in a whimper, at this point becoming annoyed of the situation. Perhaps he should consider uninstalling the doorbell, or at least change it to a more pleasant sound. Or perhaps he should migrate to some unknown country, preferrably inaccessible and far away from civilization as possible. Yes, he should do that. But for now, he has to open the front door. "What are you doing here?" He asks in surprise upon witnessing Toriyama and his father who seemed out of it and then gives a few confused glances. "Oh, don't worry about the Chairman. He's had too many pills before coming here." The secretary replied in such a natural response that was baffling, causing Jin to shift his gaze towards Cain and tilt his head in shock and confusion. "Ughh... Yeah, have a seat. Maybe you can convince mom of Cain's virtues."

Cain did his very best to remain calm and collected. He could tell this woman was the unwavering type. Those stubborn in their ways and not qualified to accept change in any shape. This was just the typical alpha persona in the flesh. He wanted to puke at the very sight of it all. Even knowing this he remained composed as if completely unaffected by her remarks towards him. What completely took him by surprise was how Jin defended him. He wouldn't have imagined it in a million years but someone this only caused him to feel more for the man. Something he was deeply trying to avoid. He knew if things kept this way it would become impossible for him to turn back. His secret was also on the line here. Something he couldn't reveal to the man at the moment.

Just when he found the atmosphere slowly simmering down the bell rang out once again. "Are you expecting more company sir?" he asked Jin as he could smell in the air clearly who stood on the opposite side of the door. He lowered his gaze as the door opened to confirm his suspicions. The Chairman and Toriyama. Those two together could only spell more trouble for him. He greets them in a polite manner as the offers to take their jackets. "Would you like a more relaxing room for the Chairman?" he asked Toriyama as he went to close the door. Cain wonders why it felt like Jin's entire family just showed up unannounced all at once. The worse possible type of family reunion he could ever imagine. What made things worse is that in a room with so many alpha, he worried his heat or worse his scent would slip out. The last thing he needed was to feel like a sheep surrounded by wolves.

What kind of heinous crime has he commited in his past life to deserve this kind of life, Jin wonders as he is at his limit. Born into a high class family, he would be considered lucky by many, however, such a family tests his insanity levels every single day. An alcoholic who finds bliss in money and a hardworking father that is addicted to medication. Oh, such a lovely alpha family.

A heavy sigh escapes from Jin's lips as he shakes his head negatively at Cain, in reference to expecting anyone over. If it were his choice, he would prefer some peace and quiet at the moment. For now, he withholds with great power his indignation.

Meanwhile, Toriyama dropped the Chairman on the other couch, like a sack of potatoes, and readjusted his tie afterwards. "My Lady." He elonquenty bows at Ayame, though she seemed uninterested. "What's wrong with him?" She asks more of curiousity and less of concern about the Chairman's state, to which Seiji finds all his strength to sit up and fake a smile. "I was tired from work."

Ayame scoffed, finding the lie obvious. Nonetheless, she kept up the conversation by mocking her husband. "It must be due to your old age. You are not as handsome and as intelligent as before, what can we do... Just pray you won't have Alzheimer's later in life." She says with the most sadistic grin Jin has ever witnessed while she flipped her hair.

"Excuse me?" Jin brightly smiled, concealing the murderous stare that is about to surface. "Are you here to converse with one another?" He asks, though it's more of a rhetorical question. "Mom has just returned from Bali and..."

"Seoul, darling."

"Yeah, whatever, Seoul. And I bet she has reeeeaaaaally missed you. So, go back to the mansion, please?" A little more and Jin swears his hands will start shaking. Ugh, sometimes he wishes he wasn't an alpha. There is just so many responsibilities to handle, he only wants to be carefree. However, he sensed they wouldn't leave that easy. "Why are you not standing up?" He tilted his head, thankfully his voice still calm.

"How can I? I went to Seoul specifically for you and is this how you treat me?"

"I thought you visited to get plastic surgery done." He blinked.

"That was just by chance." Ayame shakes her hand. "Nevermind that. I brought some marriage proposals for you. They are all daughters from good and pure alpha families. I will leave their profiles here and you can review them."

For a moment, Jin thinks he heard wrong.

"Excuse me?" He raises his eyebrow. He can't even defend his stance as his mother interrupts him. "I want to marry because of love not..."

"Oh, quiet. You are already 30. Many girls swoon all over you. Just pick the right one. You think I married your Father because we loved each other? What a joke. Our families' only interest were to combine our conglomerates." She falls silent for a moment and then picks up her purse before standing up. "Anyway, I have an appointmen for my nails now. Bye bye darling." She kisses him on the cheek. "Oh and, I dropped you a gift by the doorstep. It was too heavy to carry inside. Ciao!"

As soon as Ayame left, Jin swiftly shifted his glance towards his father who had remained quiet this whole time. "You agree to this?!" He asks, not truly having realized how unbelievable the situation was. "I didn't know about that!" The Chairman defended himself with puppy eyes. Surely he knew how to use them, Toriyama fell victim every single time. "I will talk to her. I don't want to marry my son to some unknown alpha girl. You... You stay here... with the ome- beta and be nice." He last says and flees the scene as quickly as he entered it along with Toriyama.

Jin swears he witnessed his father skipping.

"... Alas, there is peace." He exhales and shuts the door, feeling utterly exhausted. "I am sorry about that... Usually Mother is away on vacation and dad sends Toriyama. Actually they haven't been together in a room since last year's Thanksgiving." He apologises and then bows. "I am also sorry on her behalf for treating you this way."

Cain remained silent as the conversation between mother and son took place. His gaze shifting around the room as he could feel the air thicken. He continued to observe as he noticed Jin saying something otherworldly. He never met an alpha who wished to marry for love. That was almost an unheard of concept. Usually omega thought that way only to protect themselves from being used like an onahole. Though it was only words when said by omegas. He frowns a bit as it seemed his master was ignored. Quickly turning his gaze towards the door he wonders just what this woman cloud have brought that was too heavy to carry inside.

He was glad as it seemed everyone was taking their leave. He was curious why the chairman and Toriyama was here. They barely said a word since appearing and also left with very little said. It was so strange yet since Jin didn't bother to say anything he wouldn't either. His gaze lowers as the house became silent once again. "No need to apologize to me. I am used to being looked down upon. I am sure it would have been much worse had I been an omega. So this much is fine." he said as he moved towards the door. "Are you not curious as to what gift your mother has left outside for you?" he asked willing to carry whatever it was inside for the other. In his mind he had much to say but wasn't sure if he should say it.

"Master Jin, I wish to let you know I support that way of thinking. Wanting to fall in love before marriage is a very beautiful thing even if others don't agree. My parents had done so and they lived long because of the love they had for one another. So I am sure you will find that special someone who will love you for more than your alpha lineage." he said with a humble smile. He was glad to have met an alpha like this. His entire outlook on alphas as a whole was changing due to his encounter with Jin.

• 10 months later...

Obviously, Jin's parents were a nuisance and rather loud. Especially when they would find themselves in the same room, war would break out. Nonetheless, he still loved his parents for providing him with carefree lifestyle. Others have an unfortunate fate. Less means to get by. And then... there are omegas; nature's vile joke. Being affected by alpha pheromones and have a chance of not finding their destined pair. Toriyama once told him that when a fated pair encounters each other, they sense a change in the atmosphere. Their whole world looks brighter and they is a flowery sensation that lingers. Of course, the assistant mentioned he'd only read so in the books as he were a beta.

At any rate, when Cain refused to receive Jin's apology, stating that he's used to being treated in such a way, Jin raised an eyebrow. He felt almost angered on the other's behalf and so, he attempted to place his hands on Cain's shoulders in order to grasp his attention fully. "No!" He raised his voice, though his glance was of a concerned one. "You shouldn't devalue yourself! Whether you are an omega, beta or an alpha... You deserve to be treated with respect." Jin explained and then let out a heavy sigh at the mention of his mother's gift. "It must be full of snacks and whatnot. Mother always brings intriguing stuff from her travels. Just unpack it somewhere... I will bring it." He lastly said and proceeded to open the front door and drag the heavy package inside.

Only God knows what was inside, or how many things she'd fit in there. Not to mention how she was able to carry the box this far. But, well, Jin placed the package on the kitchen table and then grabbed a knife from the drawer in order to cut the tape. In the meantime, he would continue their current subject. "They say marriage lasts forever... I wouldn't want to be stuck with someone I do not get along with." He said and then opened the box, rummaging through in the dark to pull out and then throw away the bubble wrap. "I also know I need to produce heirs... Ah, I simply do not think about it." His expression wore a saddened smile, indicating that this wasn't the life he wasn't to accomplish. "Speaking of which... You should also throw away the marriage prop- What in the world?!" His sentence was paused midway, as through his rummaging, Jin's hands caught some item of an interesting shape. Pulling it out with a disgusted grimace, it was revealed to be a realistically looking flesh light.

Terrified of his mother's process of thought, Jin swiftly threw away the adult toy with a loud gasp. "Throw this away as well! Actually... The whole box!" He yelled, pushing the package towards Cain. If the other would look inside for its contents, more toys of this nature would lay. "I can't believe her..." He let out a heavy sigh while he shook his head in disappointment, at the same time wanting to hide in embarrassment.

Cain's gaze shifts a little as he flinched hearing Jin raise his voice. He didn't expect his to become so upset over this kind of thing but then again his character spoke that out clearly. He smiled a little as he suddenly came to notice he was sweating a bit too much. It wasn't hot and he hadn't really overworked himself. Thus why was he feeling so overwhelmingly hot. It struck him in that moment that because he was in a room filled with alphas their pheromones had clashed with his own. Thus it was triggering his heat symptoms. He stood up quickly as he kept a distance from Jin. He stood near an open window to avoid being noticed.

As he watched Jin going to retrieve the gift left outside by his mother, Cain quickly took a cloth and began washing his face and neck off with ice cold water. He needed to get out of visible view of Jin. It was far too soon and too dangerous to allow his secret out. He knew To and the chairman wouldn't be too pleased. He couldn't risk failing the plan they wanted to set out for the young master. As he watched Jin return with the package, he kept his gaze on the ground as much as possible. As the box was opened Cain stood there in shock by its content. It was unfathomable that a mother would personally buy her son such products. It was simply unspeakable and disgusting. He knew to keep his thoughts to himself as he was told to throw away the entire box. Without hesitation Cain rushed over to pick up the box and carry it out to the trash bins. As he walked pass Jin his scent was hard to ignore.

"Young master, after this I will be out for a while. I believe I have come down with a slight cold and will buy medicine for it. Please if there is anything you need don't hesitate to contact me on my mobile and I will assist in getting you exactly what you want." he said as he hurried off outside. 'Damn it!! I should know better... the longer I encounter alphas the harder this gets... I should quit...!! I can't keep this up..' he grunts in his mind as he tossed the box into the garbage. He leaned up against the side of the shed as he tried to catch his breath and calm his body down. Cain wasn't sure how much longer he could keep his secret while serving Jin.

• 2 weeks later...

Just when Jin thought he had witnessed everything there is to be in his absolutely crazy family, a new occurrence is added to the list of shame. Truthfully, his mother never ceases to amaze him. “I am sorry…” He apologized to Cain with a soft voice that was filled with embarrassment. His face buried in his right palm. If the beta decides he wasn't getting paid enough to stand all these, Jin wouldn't blame him.

Once Cain let him know his return wouldn't be initiate due to a possible cold, Jin slightly opened his lips, ready to agree. However, a very faint flowery scent that lingered after the beta's departure made him worried and curious at the same time. He thought that if he hurried up, he could still catch Cain at the garbage disposal. And so he did, with swift steps following after the beta until he found the latter leaning at the shed. “Are you alright?” Jin cautiously attempted to examine the other from afar, afraid he wouldn't be allowed to as the beta always preferred to keep a distance. “If… if you are unwell, as your employer, I shouldn't strain you.” He said, watching as his house servant was panting. Well, of course he would worry. For all their bickering, Cain always did exactly as he was told. No other person had stayed more than him. “Return to the apartment, I will buy medicine for you.” Jin then offered as he would approach Cain closer, attempting to touch the others forehead in order to check the body temperature.

Cain froze in place as Jin seemed to follow after him. 'Of course he came after me... he's that kind of person...' he thought as he was watching him carefully. He knew if Jin got any closer the pheromones would be far too apparent to brush this off as coincidence or an illness. Betas didn't have heat cycles like omegas or even ruts like alphas. Thus his secret would be easily exposed like this. As he noticed the other moving closer he had only one option left. He was sure it would get him fired but at this point he preferred that over begin caught. "STAY BACK!! DON'T COME NEAR ME!!'' he shouts. Hearing his voice louder than it's ever been before started even Cain himself. He wasn't one to anger too easily; let alone allow it to show on the surface.

''I am sorry young master but I can't allow you to get any closer. It's for your own sake so please head back inside. As my employer I understand your concern but I fear if you get too close then this will be the end of everything. I apologize deeply for raising my voice towards you when you are only concerned for my well being. However you'll be risking a lot by coming closer to me." he said making it sound like his cold was contagious. He was sure that should keep Jin at a safe distance enough for him to slip away before the wind starts blowing his scent around.

Just when Jin was about to check Cain's temperature by touching his forehead, the other's sudden scream, or rather plead, to not come closer instantly froze him, letting out a gasp in the process. It is after a short while that he overcomes the initial shock, since he hadn't witnessed the beta on such a state before. If anything, the housemaid was almost always calm and collected. Then, Jin reluctantly took a step back in order to give Cain space, since he didn't want to escalate the situation.

However, Cain's explanation for his attitude raised even more questions, rather than giving answers. After a short while, Jin realises that perhaps this is not about a cold that they are talking about. "How will this be the end of everything?" He mirrored the beta's words perplexed, by raising his own voice. Nothing made sense at all. "Risk what, I am an alpha!" He then says, meaning that his position offered protection from many scenarios. But, as Cain continued to keep his stance, Jin let out a sigh, scratching his nape afterwards. "Just what did I do wrong?" He wonders. "Tell me and I will fix it… Please…" A soft whimper escapes from his mouth, as he feels he is about to lose the beta. Just when he thought he had finally found the one. "Whatever it is… is- is it about me? Do I give you much hassle?" Jin continued, always keeping a certain distance from Cain, all while avoiding eye contact.

Cain bit his lip as he listened to the other. This was all wrong and he knew it without a doubt. He couldn't allow Jin to believe he was at fault for anything happening here. He would surely regret this to the core but he didn't care at this point. He refused to allow someone as kind as Jin to be hurt by his foolish actions and decisions. "Jin.... I am an omega. Being around your family like that. All that alpha dominance in one room triggered my heat. You have your whole future set before you so please go back inside. I shall put in my letter of resign as soon as I can. Please don't hate me for hiding this truth. It wasn't my intention at all. I swear it!!" he said as he averts his gaze. He lowered his head as he felt the air growing heavy.

'I be he's going to lash out.... I don't blame him... I'll take whatever is coming to me... I deserve it... this is definitely called divine punishment.... I'm so sorry Jin...' he thinks as he braced himself for whatever the other would say to him about all of this. Cain was willing to take the blame and avoid telling the whole truth. He didn't want Jin to come to hate his father and Toriyama for this in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the reasons he expected to hear, from being a soft alpha to an incompetent boss, Jin certainly did not expect Cain to reveal his true nature; that he is an omega. Suddenly, everything clicked into place based on this new revelation. How the 'beta' would oftentimes keep a distance, always airing the apartment... It all made sense. However, it took several moments until Jin could finally overcome the initial shock. "Do... Do my parents know?" Was the first question to come in mind, but quickly disregarded the question as he wanted to focus on Cain before it was too late. Later, a gulp followed while hearing the rest. Indeed, his whole family were alphas. Born from a prestigious line and only married into their ranks. Therefore, if an omega attended a room with his family that would prove troublesome the least. "You did your best." Jin decided to cheer up Cain while still maintaining a safe distance. "When others left, you remained. You are better than any beta or alpha out there! I mean... I don't know your personal reasons for lying... But you always accomplished what you were ordered. Always remained professional. That is good enough for me. Please.. Do not leave." Jin's words were honest, almost felt as he were begging the other to stay. Him, an alpha to an omega. What would anyone believe about him were to witness this scene? And yet the maid had enchanted him. Under no circumstances would he allow Cain to disappear.

Cain was shocked as he looked at him. "Master Jin.... I... are you sure about this? I'm an omega and my pheromones could cause you tremendous trouble from hence forth. I couldn't dare risk it especially now that you know the truth. However you are my boss and if staying is what you want then so be it. I'll have to speak with your father and Toriyama firstly.'' he said as he sighs softly. He was trying to think things all through perfectly.

His mind was swaying between rationality and instincts. "I'm sorry master Jin but I need to leave now. I don't want to invoke your rut by being here. It's more risky than you might realize.'' he says seriously. Cain was keeping this to himself and had only suggested it to Toriyama. However he assumed his fated pair could be Jin since he was usually able to keep himself in much better check than before he started working here. He had upped his doses of suppressants but he knew better. Cain couldn't tell or let Jin notice such a thing just yet. It could lead to something that can't be reversed.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, omega pheromones are too distinct, especially when in heat and this could be a potential problem for both if they won't take measures. "Are you not taking medication?" Surely the maid was capable enough to think that far ahead, if he were to work under a house full of omegas. Is it not? However, watching Cain being reluctant over remaining under Jin's wing, caused Jin himself to doubt his own ability to remain calm around an omega. Much more, this particular omega. When Cain suggested to leave due to the situation becoming dangerous, it felt as if Jin's heart was torn to pieces. A dread, a dark feeling that he could not shake off not matter clouded his mind. As if it was whispering to him to not let go. And so he did. Jin ran after Cain and then proceeded to hug him tightly. It was apparent that his primal instincts had taken over and substituted common sense. His breathing grew heavy as the omega's flowery sense was becoming stronger, however, he attempted to surpress his urges by taking a deep breath. "Please don't leave." He replied softly, almost begging the other to not leave his side. "I promise I won't harm you... Just this once..." Jin finished and then momentarily closed his eyes, taking in the sweet aroma the other man emitted. Being born into a family full alphas and isolated from the world, Jon hadn't sensed anything like it before and took his time savoring it. Though, deep in his heart he knew his words were nothing but a mere lie.

Cain was a bit annoyed having Jin suddenly hugging him. Not due to him being an alpha but due to him being in an unexpected heat. "Medicine isn't really good for me. It renders my mind to a useless state. I'm usually very good at suppressing my pheromones. Nevertheless you being this close to me only makes your words empty and pointless. I guess this was to eventually happen no matter what. I should have quit this job sooner." he said softly as he let out a very heavy sigh.

While standing there he was thinking and calculating his next move. He was sure it was only a matter of timing before Jin lost his sense of reason and his alpha instinct took control. Cain knew he would never be able to stop him in that kind of situation. He knew never the less he would have to protect his neck from being marked. This would assure that Jin's future wouldn't be tainted by him or the action that may occur. "Jin, I think it's best if you let go of me before you we cross lines that I'm sure you will regret." he said softly trying to stay calm despite his own instincts gnawing deep inside.