^My Food Blog^

~Silver_Pedal~

The aubergine parmigiana tasted so good! I tried Jamie Oliver's recipe, here it is for you guys in case anyone wants to try it. ^_^

Aubergine Parmigiana Recipe (by Jamie Oliver)

33_1_1350893951.jpg

Ingredients

3 large aubergines

olive oil

1 onion , peeled and finely chopped

½ bulb spring garlic , or 1 clove of regular garlic, peeled and finely sliced

1 heaped teaspoon dried oregano

2x400 g good-quality tinned plum tomatoes , or 1kg fresh ripe tomatoes

sea salt

freshly ground black pepper

a little wine vinegar

1 large handful fresh basil

3 large handfuls Parmesan cheese , freshly grated

2 handfuls dried breadcrumbs

a little fresh oregano , leaves chopped

150 g buffalo mozzarella , optional

Method

This classic northern Italian recipe is a great way to serve aubergines. By layering them with Parmesan and tomatoes and then baking them you get an absolutely moreish, scrumptious vegetable dish. Great served with all sorts of roasted meats and with roasted fish as well.

First things first: remove the stalks from the aubergines, slice them up into 1cm thick slices, and put to one side. Whether you’re using a griddle pan or a barbecue, get it really hot. Meanwhile, put 2 or 3 lugs of olive oil into a large pan on a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and dried oregano and cook for 10 minutes, until the onion is soft and the garlic has a tiny bit of colour. If you’re using tinned tomatoes, break them up, and if you’re using fresh tomatoes (which will obviously taste sweeter and more delicious, if they’re in season), very quickly prick each one and put them into a big pan of boiling water for 40 seconds. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and put them into a bowl of cold water for 30 seconds, then remove the skins, carefully squeeze out the pips and cut up the flesh. Add the tomato flesh or tinned tomatoes to the onion, garlic and oregano. Give the mixture a good stir, then put a lid on the pan and simmer slowly for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, grill the aubergines on both sides until lightly charred – you may have to do them in batches, as they probably won’t all fit into your griddle pan in one go. As each batch is finished, remove them to a tray and carry on grilling the rest until they’re all nicely done. When the tomato sauce is reduced and sweet, season it carefully with salt, pepper and a tiny swig of wine vinegar, and add the basil. You can leave the sauce chunky or you can purée it.

Get yourself an earthenware type dish (25 x 12–15cm). Put in a small layer of tomato sauce, then a thin scattering of Parmesan, followed by a single layer of aubergines. Repeat these layers until you’ve used all the ingredients up, finishing with a little sauce and another good sprinkling of Parmesan. I like to toss the breadcrumbs in olive oil with a little freshly chopped oregano and sprinkle them on top of the Parmesan. Sometimes the dish is served with torn-up mozzarella on top, which is nice too.

Place the dish in the oven and bake at 190°C/375°F/gas 5 for half an hour until golden, crisp and bubbly. It’s best eaten straight away, but it can also be served cold. You can use the same method substituting courgettes or fennel for the aubergines – both are delicious. But do try making it with aubergines – you’ll love it!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Silver_Pedal~

• Leslie_LC

• yaoi4fans

• Little Hamster

I actually have a picture of when I used to work at a bakery/ restaurant

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

11075005_814674148615151_8584879775200100138_n.jpg?oh=f2e5945ae1070c839b0e20f8c8094b37&oe=5AAB79E1

Oooh

, that looks good! I might have to try that out! Thank you so much hon!

ohh You actually did have a apron-picture

That is a lovley picture :_red_fox 4

I did used to work on bakery once. but that was eons ago, and we had these black shirts with .. "dubbel-buttons" but that vision was never captured by anyone (on a photo). XD

i did look kinda professional actually ;) .... even if i once almost lost .. a wedding cake ._.

:_red_fox 5

I will try to try one of these recepies one day.

Awe~ Thank you deary- that was me after I had gotten off of work, but that was from like 2 years ago! XD And you almost lost a wedding cake!?

, Ooo do tell! XD And I also have many more recipe to put up later on as well~ ^-^

Yeah, you could try it, it's a lovely dish, at least to my tastes. ^_^

You are so beautiful and so cute, by the way! ^_^

Awe thank you deary! That was from two years ago actually ^^;

Oh and I have a recipe that I will be doing tonight:

Paprika Chicken and Rice Bake

Ingredients

5 chicken thighs

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon dried parsley

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon garlic, minced

1/2 cup red onion, diced

1 cup long grain rice

1 1/2 cups chicken broth

Salt to taste

Pepper to taste

Preparation

1.Preheat oven to 400℉/200℃

2. In a large bowl, evenly season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley.

3. On high heat olive oil in an ovenproof pot and place chicken thighs, skin side down, in the hot oil. Cook 5-6 minutes or until the thighs develop brown crispy skin, and flip over. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes to brown the other side, and remove from the pot.

4. Add the garlic and onions to the pot, and cook until the onions are transparent.

5. Pour in the rice and chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Stir well, bringing to a boil.

6. Add the chicken thighs back into the pot, skin side up, on top of the rice; bring back to a boil and cover with a lid.

7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked.

8. Optional: Remove chicken thighs and broil for crispy skin.

I just realized that I didn't have an oven proof pot... DX And that my dear sounds like a challenge! XD

Lol!! It happens! ^_^ Nah, my dear, rather a gourmand here looking for some food eye-candy! ^_^

All the recipes and goodies here!~~~ cheetah16

You are so pretty!~~~ Those eyes melt icebergs! cheetah10

Ah, well- I glad to be of some service than~ ^-^

Haha, and awe you made me blush! :cuteonion9:

Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe~

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1 1/4 cups sifted flour

3/4 teaspoons baking soda

1/4 teaspoons salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.

2. Mix first six ingredients.

3. Mix well.

4. Roll into balls and press down with a fork dipped in sugar or flour.

5. Bake for 10-12 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet, (personally I use parchment paper to line the sheets with). Ovens vary so your baking time may be less. Just keep an eye on them.

yum yum!! i love your peanut butter cookies recipe! haven't made one myself. it seems pretty simple and a quick fix! i'll definitely try it soon ^/////^ thank you for sharing

!