• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Silver_Pedal~

• Leslie_LC

• yaoi4fans

• Little Hamster

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Oh my god! That cat picture killed me! :5yoyo32:

And I was getting a recipe for

, but I might make it though.

But, tonight I'm making sweet potato pie~~ ^-^

I don't know what I failed, but it was all runny, like a sort of soup, it wouldn't even sit on a plate. ^_^ Thank you so much for the recipe, dear! ^_^

Sweet potato pie sounds amazing, my mouth is watering! ^_^

Ah, maybe you forgot to drain the meat? And you are welcome dear~ ^-^ Also, it's my dad's recipe for the sweet potato pie and they usually come out amazing! cheetah4 And I was going to make them last night, but my dad came home late ^^;...

I think that is where I messed up, draining it properly and I also think I added too much tomato sauce, maybe too much cheese too, which melted and only made the composition even more runny. Thanks for the recipe and advice! ^_^

You are welcome dear, and if you need any more advice let me know! ^-^

Awe, thank you sweetie! :_red_fox 4

Oh, I also made sweet potato pie yesterday!

Sweet Potato Pie~

22780486_1515672525181973_184375498490865356_n.jpg?oh=2966ac7b2d2f65ade9dc73615baa0e23&oe=5AAC3F52

Haha, it is good- the recipe that I have makes four large pies and four small ones! It's an easy pie to make. ^-^

It's fairly easy, all you need to do is follow the recipe and measure everything properly ^-^

Sure

and
~

It's simple, but good- and like I said before- it makes 4 large pies and 4 small ones.

Sweet Potato Pie Recipe

Ingredient's

8 large sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed

1 cup unsalted butter, softened

4 cups granulated sugar

4 eggs beaten

12 oz can of evaporated milk

3 teaspoons of vanilla

salt

1 1/2 teaspoons of nutmeg

2 teaspoons of cinnamon

4 store bought unbaked pie crust

Directions

1. Find a big pot to put the sweet potatoes in; after that fill the pot up with water (make sure the water covers the potatoes).

2. Bring water to a boil, cook for an one hour or until the potatoes are tender- you can check by poking them with a fork or knife.

3. After cooking; bring over to the sink- use cold water to cool the potatoes down. Once cool- cut the ends off and peel the potatoes.

4. Next, put the potatoes into a large mixing bowl- then combine the sweet potatoes with the softened butter, beaten eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.

5. Mix well all together with a hand mixer, make sure it comes out nice and smooth.

6. Place pie crust in the pie pans. Pour mixture into the pans.

(Note: if you see extra crust on the sides, do not panic! Use a fork to slowly peel the extra crust off, which can be used to make little pies!)

7. Heat or preheat the oven to 350* degrees. The large pies will bake for 45 minutes and the small pies 25 minutes. To test to see if they are done poke a toothpick in the middle to check for firmness.

8. Cool and cover with a dish towel.

Thanks a lot for the recipe! I will be sure to try it out! ^_^

Dear, for a grilled steak, how long would you let the meat to marinate? And do you have any recommendation for a good marinade for pork chops? I plan to grill some steaks but not really sure how to marinade them. Any advice would be appreciated! ^_^

You are welcome! ^-^

And as for steaks, I usually use zesty Italian salad dressing to marinade them- I take a large bowl with a lid and I place the steaks in, after that I make sure the dressing covers them. Put it in the refrigerator over night, and take them out when you are ready to cook them. As for pork chops, I have found a recipe:

Marinade For Pork Chops:

Ingredients

4 bone in pork chops, 2 cm / 4/5" thick about 280g/9 oz each (Note 1)

1 tbsp oil

Marinade:

1/3 cup / 85 ml soy sauce (light or all purpose, not dark)

2 tbsp brown sugar

2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp Dijon mustard

2 garlic cloves , minced

¼ tsp black pepper

Instructions

1. Place Marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag. Massage to combine.

2. Add chops. Massage to coat in the Marinade. Marinate for 1 – 24 hours. (Note 2)

3. Take the chops out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking.

4. Brush BBQ grill or drizzle oil in pan, heat on medium high. Add pork and cook for 4 minutes or until the underside is caramelised and the pork releases from the grill, then turn the chops and cook for 3 minutes (Note 2 for thin chops).

5. Baste both sides with residual marinade in ziplock bag, then cook the basted side for 30 seconds before serving. The chops should have a great crust

6. Transfer chops to a plate, cover loosely with foil. Rest for 3 minutes before serving.

Recipe Notes

1. I used thick, bone in pork chops that were just under 2.5cm / 1" thick. On the bone, slightly trimmed but not much, I like keeping some fat on the edges to keep the pork really juicy! This recipe will work with any quick cook cut of pork - chops, steaks, even tenderloin.

2. Minimum marinade time:

* Thin chops: 1.25 cm/ 1/2" thick - 1 hr+

* Thick chops 2 cm / 4/5" thick - 3 hrs+

COOK TIME for just white (juicy, no pink, reduce by 1 min for hint of blush):

* Thin chops - 3 minutes first side, 2 minutes second side, then 30 seconds on each side for basting.

* Thick chops - 4 minutes first side, 3 minutes second side, then 45 seconds on each side.

If your chops are thicker than the Thick Chops, then I'd recommend starting on the stove and finishing in the oven at 180C/350F until the internal temperature is 145F / 63C.

3. Troubleshooting / tips: Once you put the chops on the BBQ, DON'T TOUCH IT! Once it is cooked, it will release naturally from the grills. If it sticks, it's not ready to turn. If your chops are cooking too quickly and start to burn because of the sugar in the marinade, turn the heat down. Remember, these chops are meant to have a gorgeous chargrilled crust!

4. CRISPY POTATO ROSTI recipe (pictured on the side of the chops) - by reader request, here's an abbreviated form of the recipe: 2 large brushed (Sebago) potatoes (US: use russet), peeled and grated using a box grater. Grab handfuls and squeeze out excess liquid or do this using a dish towel (clean!). Place in bowl, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tbsp butter + 1 1/2 tbsp oil (I use olive) in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add dollops of potato, spread into pancake shape about 12 cm / 4.5" wide, 0.75 cm / 1/4" thick. Press down to compact into rosti, cook for 3 minutes or until deep golden brown. Flip and repeat. Drain on paper towels, repeat with remaining potato, should make 8.

OMO Thanks a lot sweetheart! I will make this marinade right now so they have time to rest in the refrigerator till tomorrow evening when I'm planning a nice pork chops dinner. ^_^

It must be all of the food on here! XD

And I'm glad~ I also have to make that again for Thanksgiving along with Deviled Eggs~ ^^

~EASY ENCHILADAS (BEEF OR CHICKEN) Recipe~

I have made this a few times and they came out yummy!

Anyhow~ here is the recipe!

READY IN: 45mins SERVES: 4-6

YIELD: 12 enchiladas UNITS: US

INGREDIENTS Nutrition

1 lb ground beef or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast

1⁄4 cup chopped onion

1 teaspoon garlic powder (I prefer fresh minced)

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon oregano

2 teaspoons chili powder (more or less for your taste)

1⁄2 teaspoon cumin

1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper

3 cups shredded cheese (I like the jack or cheddar combos)

1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I prefer the green sauce)

olive (optional)

12 corn tortillas

oil

DIRECTIONS

1.) If using chicken, boil chicken in water.

2.) Then rinse and shred with fork.

3.) Add onion and garlic.

4.) If using ground beef, brown with onion and garlic, drain.

5.) Add next 7 ingredients (worcestershire sauce through black pepper).

6.) In another skillet, heat oil.

7.) Add tortillas, one at a time, for 10 seconds on each side.

8.) Drain on paper towel.

9.) In 10x13 baking pan, pour just enough enchilada sauce in the bottom to coat the bottom of the pan.

10.) Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of meat mixture.

11.) Cheese, onions, and/or olives can be put inside each enchilada at this time, if desired.

12.) Roll tortilla and place seam side down in pan.

13.) Continue with remaining tortillas.

14.) Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas and top with cheese (additional olives may be added if desired).

15.) At this time, pan may be refrigerated for several hours or overnight.

16.) Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes (30 minutes if refrigerated).

Top with sour cream.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the new recipe! I wanna try some aubergine parmigiana tomorrow, hope it turns out good. ^_^