Spins and Notes (DarkLumos and Shicchan)

DarkLumos

"Are we there yet? I'm tired of just sitting here..."Cairo quietly complained to his friend next to him. His friend just chuckled."It shouldn't be too much longer. We'll have a ton of fun when we get there." Today was the first day of rehearsal for a ballet that was going to be performed. Everyone in the orchestra was in this huge bus that was big enough to carry all their instruments but it took a while to get there and Cairo didn't do so well when it came to sitting still. His hands had to be doing something and since he didn't have his violin with him, he had to resort to twiddling his thumbs or laying with the hem of his shirt.

"Finally! I see it!" Cairo said with a smile on his face as the theater came into view. He could finally get out of this bus. When the bus was at a complete stop in front of the theater, Cairo was practically the first off the bus. "We can finally get to work."Cairo took out his violin from the bottom of the bus and waiting for everyone else to grab theirs. He was eager to get started ASAP.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarkLumos

• Shicchan

"Higher!", the brunet told, holding his friend's leg up even more, making him hiss. "Perfect! Hold it", Marcel told him and smiled angelically. "Don't look like a caramel skinned angel while you stretch my leg like this", the young blond told him, shivering from the slight pain of having his ankle beside his face. The tall male rolled his bluish-green eyes and pressed harder on the friend's leg. He gasped. "Fuck you" the blond muttered, his eyes watering from the unexpected pain. The curly haired quickly released him after that. "Now you're done". He smiled a bit.

"Has everyone finished stretching yet?", their professor asked as she entered the practice room behind the stage. "The orchestra has arrived". Marcel smiled happily at that.

"Okay, now everyone bring you're instruments inside in an orderly fashion, we don't need anything broken before the ballet."Their conductor instructed everyone as they climbed off the bus and one by one, the group calmly walked into the theater. "Whoa...This is bigger than our theater at home."Cairo whispered to his friend."It's like a billionaire owns this place."Cairo's monologue was interrupted by his friend jabbing in his side with his elbow which Cairo growl."What was that for?!" His friend held a finger to his lips."You need to be quiet and look professional, Cai. These guys are the real deal so look sharp."His friend scolded him. Cairo pouted like a child would and muttered."I was just admiring this place...Hmph..."

The teacher noticed the grin and put her hands on her hips, shaking her head. "Please, don't goof around. The orchestra must believe you're all serious and respectful ballet dancers", the elder lady asked them and they chuckled. "Don't worry, Fraülein Helga, we won't disappoint you", the blond spoke up formally, seeming like a totally different person from the one that just suffered Marcel's stretch-torture.

The brunet nodded and smiled, standing with what his friend said. "Alright, come on everyone. Let's greet them", she told the class and told them to line up. "Marcel, posture", she asked after telling him to fix the hair, since he was the first male dancer in line. "Yes, ma'am", he replied, getting in the elegant position Helga always wanted them to be at once they walked up on the stage.

Helga led them to the stage after getting the message from the young lady from the theater that welcomed the musicians.

Of course, Cairo's friend told him to look professional but Cairo couldn't help that he was so excited to perform in a beautiful theater. He and his orchestra were best known for performing in theaters by where they live and none of them were as big or had as much character as this place did. "Wow..."Cairo was still looking around like a child in a candy store when everyone was settled in the pit below the stage and the dancers were making there way across the stage.

"Cairo! Look sharp, I said!" Cairo received another jab to his side from his friend which the boy with brown hair and hazel eyes responded with another pout and quiet whine. "That hurt..."He rubbed his side with his hand.

Marcel's eyes scanned the people who would play for them with happiness. He loved to get to know the orchestra and really hoped they were good, even though he didn't doubt much.

After everyone lined up, Helga presented the group then all of them bowed respectfully and gracefully to the musicians.

Once that formality was done, Marcel and Frida, the prima ballerina, walked up to the front to present themselves and then offer help to show the place around to the newcomers before they started rehearsing and tuning up with the dancers.

"If you guys ever need anything, feel free to come to us, we'll be happy to help", the young red-haired girl spoke with a kind smile. Marcel nodded, smiling too. "Bathrooms are that way. The cafeteria is right beside the entrance, on the left." The tall curly haired told. "Anything I forgot?", he smiled.

"Wow...They all look so elegant and they haven't even started dancing yet..."Cairo admired all the dancers that walked across the stage, especially the two that stepped forward."I bet she's the lead dancer, she has to be." He whisper to his friend.

"How would you know that?"He asked with a confused look. Cairo looked at his friend with a smile."I just know, I have an eye for all things beautiful, Greyson."He grinned while his friend rolled his eyes. "That's kinda weird, man...". Cairo pouted once again. "You just don't appreciate art as much as I do, Grey!"...He said that rather loudly. Oops...That outburst earned both boys a head smack from their conductor as well as a scolding for acting childish. "Sorry..."Both boys apologized as the conductor walked away to tend the other orchestra members but Greyson, Cairo's blond hair and green eyed friend was still a bit ticked off by Cairo for not acting professional.

Once introduction were over, some get to work tuning their instruments and some went over to the ballerinas to socialize and introduce themselves. Cairo just sit and tuned his violin quietly to not cause anymore trouble or embarrass the orchestra any further.

Even though Marcel was focused on helping the musicians accommodate, his attention was dragged by a blond male who spoke up rather boldly. The brunet couldn't help but smile at the scene he could relate so much to, being smacked by Helga while getting overwhelmed about something she'd consider not proper for the time and space.

Frida and Marcel managed to help everybody accommodate and since they got to do everything so quickly, they still had half an hour to relax before the practice started. She invited the curly haired to get some snacks but he refused, politely. He wanted to go speak with that young-looking musician but didn't verbalize his intentions.

He walked up to the violinist and took a seat beside him, crossing his legs and smiling, his olive gaze watching his fingers hold the instrument professionally.

"Stupid, Grey...Getting me into trouble...Hmph..."Cairo grumbled and cursed under his breath as he tuned and polished the violin some. It got a bit dusty from the bus ride and it had some fingers that didn't make it look pretty. The boy moved onto polishing his bow as well, he liked his things liking sparkly and clean."Now, I need to replace my A string."He dug through his violin case and took out the string after he unraveled the one on his violin then he gentle placed the new string on his violin."There! It'll sound great after a nice tune."He smiled and began to tune the string, plucking the string as he did so.

He saw someone sit by him but he didn't who it was, he only assumed it was his friend. 'Hmph...here to apologize, Jerk..." Cairo rolled his eyes before looking up, seeing that it wasn't his friend but one of the dancers. Did he do something wrong? He sat over here so he wouldn't cause trouble. "Um...Hello."He managed to say through his scrambling thoughts."I-I'm sorry about before! I didn't mean to cause trouble!" He was panicking now. What if he was here to kick him out for not being up to their standards."I-I'm really sorry!!"

The brunet male chuckled softly at the sudden snap at him. He found it funny how the younger looking male reacted, shaking his head. "Pff, don't worry. There's nothing to apologize for", the taller male spoke with sincerity. "Don't freak out", he asked. "What's your name violinist?", the ballerino asked, with curiosity.

"Huh...?"He saw the other laugh. Did he says something funny? Anyways, the hazel eyed boy sighed in relief when he was told not to worry."Oh...Okay..."He felt like his heart was going to pop out of his chest, he thought he was going to be kicked out for his childish behavior."My name? Oh! It's Cairo, sir!" He gave a big smile and stood up."Thank you for letting us play here! It's going to be so fun! You have not idea how excited I am to be here! I've always wanted to play in a theater this big! We have only small theaters at home." Cairo rambled on and on about how happy he was to be here and how he was going to play his hardest during the performance. But then he realized that he was talking the other's ear off."...I usually...don't talk this much..."His cheeks turned slight shade of pink as he slouched back in his chair.

The curly haired was surprised again by the sudden amount of energy coming from that musician and that did liven him up. Marcel smiled happily and chuckled. "Please, don't call me sir. It makes me feel old.", he playfully pouted. "Marcel is fine." after that, he playfully winked. "My pleasure to meet you, Cairo! And receive you all, of course".

He smiled and felt a great urge to ruffle the smaller male's hair but resisted. "Don't worry about that. Our poker face is great but you have no idea how excited all of us are", a grin formed on his face.

"Marcel? Okay Marcel, "Cairo smiled then gave a grin. He stood up again with his violin in his arms."It's nice to meet you Marcel! Wow, you guys are excited too?! I thought you guys were serious and scary looking but now you all seem pretty cool. This is gonna be great, right?! We're all gonna have to much fun and we're all gonna be great buddies!...Again...I normally don't talk this much..." He blushed again and slouched back in his chair, this time pulling up his hoodie to his his ridiculous red face. "...Damnit..."He cursed at himself.

'Man...why do I have to be such a kid...He probably thinks I'm some weirdo or something..." He sighed at himself.

Marcel was once again surprised by the happiness and excitement the young-looking Cairo showed towards the days to come. The ballerino found it incredibly cute and his instincts already told him to flirt with the violinist but he decided to hold it back. He didn't want to cause any trouble to the boy. Yet.

The brunet chuckled happily and shook his head. "Don't you worry!", he reassured and friendly patted his shoulder. "We'll sure do a great job. I'm pretty sure some of us are just as much, or even more excited than you are.", Marcel chuckled, speaking the truth.

The teachers started calling them for rehearsal and the dancer sighed, pulling away. "Cairo, it's a tradition for us, the ballet dancers, to invite the orchestra for a dinner in a place nearby. If you're interested, just look for me once the practice is over", the curly haired spoke with a happy smile, excusing himself and getting up from the chair gracefully.

The young boy looked up at the other when his shoulder was patted. It made him feel better and less embarrassed about making a fool of himself. "I don't think anyone is as excited as me. I mean, I'm the one person that seems to be expressing it."He chuckled a little.

Cairo looked over at the teacher."Guess, it's time to start. It's gonna be a busy day." He set his violin down and began to gather his music sheets." A dinner? Oh, okay."He watched the other leave.'Man...he even get our of his chair with elegance.' He shook his head with a smile.

Cairo wasn't really one for fancy dinners, hell, he wasn't fancy at all. He was just your average boy, quirky boy, who was always getting in trouble for dumbest things. "Maybe...I should go..."He whispered to himself as he sat in his assigned seat. He let out a sigh. "...or maybe I shouldn't. I hate crowds..." Being in a space where he didn't know a lot of people, made Cairo feel...anxious? No, it was more than that. But...maybe this once he would try...if Marcel was going to be there, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

The practice was just fine. The orchestra and the dancers were starting to get each other's rhythms and understand the timing. Since Helga and the conductor decided they should start with the fight scene of the routine, Marcel ended up getting more tired than he had previously imagined. Frida and himself were the main characters and they sure had a lot of work to do.

Anyway, once it came to an end, the caramel skinned thanked everyone before going to the showers, needing to feel cool water wash all the sweat away and relax his muscles.

"You still alive, hun?", another dancer asked as he walked into Marcel drying himself off. Tim was one of the few openly gay male dancers in the group. Most of them didn't want to assume or pretended to be bi. "Yes, darling, thanks.", he replied, smiling to the older dancer. "Alive enough for the dinner?", Tim went on and the younger nodded. "Yessir". He returned with a chuckle.

Soon they were both finished and walked out of the changing rooms, gathering around with the orchestra, to know where they would like to set up the dinner.

"Man, my fingers hurt..."Cairo whined as the orchestra packed up their music sheets and instrument. His friend, Grayson, came over when everything was packed up." You coming to the house?" Everyone in the orchestra was staying in an 18 bedroom vacation home until the dancer concert was over. None had seen it yet but all of their belonging had already been taken there and everyone had picked out a room, as well as a rooming buddy before hand so no one was fighting for a room. "Um...No, I think I'll stay and do dinner with the dancers. I'm not that tired." Cairo wasn't sure about being around a lot of people but he wanted to try. "Okay, be careful. I'm headed back, I'm pretty beat. "Grayson waved to his friend and headed back to the bus with some other that were too tired for dinner.

"Okay...here goes nothing."Cairo looked around for Marcel in the sea of people in front of him. 'Everything will be fine...just hang around Marcel and you'll be fine.' He kept thinking to himself. "Oh! There he is."He jogged over to Marcel

Tim raised his brows as he saw the young, and rather cute, looking stranger walk towards his friend. "New target, baby?", he curiously asked the taller male who chuckled and shrugged. "Who knows", he replied. "You predator!", Tim exclaimed, playfully pushing Marcel's shoulder.

"Hey Cairo!", the brunet happily greeted the youngest male. "How was the day for you?'', he curiously asked.

"Hi Marcel!' Cairo smiled at the other. "It was good! A bit tough and tiring but it was fun, nonetheless." He nodded."How was your's? You must extremely tired. Are you sure about going to have dinner?"He didn't want the other to push himself too hard. He was the lead after all. "We don't need you straining yourself."

"Oh, I see! I'm glad you enjoyed it, though", Marcel smiled. "Mine was great. I'm very tired but a little dinner never killed anybody~", the brunet chuckled. Tim smiled down at Cairo, politely. "Alright, shall we go?", he asked the lead dancer and the violinist. "The others are already on their way".

"U-Um, Alright. Let's go."Cairo nodded and smiled nervously. Oh, great the nerves are already kicking in already and they've barely moved two feet. "Uh, How long have you been dancing, Marcel?"He thought talking would take his mind off of his nervousness."Because you look like you've been dancing all your life." Was that too forward?

Marcel smiled at the question, finding it cute. "I've been dancing ever since I was three years old", the brunet replied. "So I guess you could say that I've been doing it for all my life", he chuckled softly. "And how about you? You seem quite experienced too with the violin".

"I'm not too experienced..."He twiddled his thumbs."I've only been playing since I was ten, I'm almost 20 now. Just about everyone here was playing way younger than me. I only stuck with the violin because I wasn't really good at any of the other subjects in school." His head already hurt at the thought of school and notes and equations."I try not to get in everyone's way here since they're a lot better than me."

• Saga locked this topic