Advance Bravely 盛势, 2016, Chinese Web Series

Togepi

Letter from CJD to advance bravely fans regarding the official release date.

149d9baf0c64883c292995802010.jpg

Translation credit to lafineangel and AnhNguYen12332 team.

uDdr5Sp.png3Z3j5p4.pngCDmRcla.png

ps: It's a heart warming letter. Don't worry Miss Chai, we will wait T_T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azaadi

• Panda01

• shibahi

• jenniquack

• 2 weeks later...

I truly hope so, it worked out great last time . Can't say it didn't help the actors to get to know each other better and establish the amazing chemistry .

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this gets released soon. My heart still aches everyday when i think about "Addicted" and how china ripped my soul away from me :No!:

The almighty Chai Jidan has blessed us with a beautiful web series. I cannot wait until April 14th for Episode 1!!! Hopefully, it covers the entire first couple chapters though because that would be hilarious!

The two playing Xia Yao(Gong Jun) & Yuan Zong(Xu Feng) are freakin' perfect too!! :cuteonion9: Hope they fulfill their role and Xia Yao will be as stuck-up, clueless, and ditsy as he is in the novel while Yuan Zong will be as persistent and as strong.

Can't wait!! A torturous 23 days left~ :Red_fox10:

counting the days, dear all of Chai Jidan's FANS....

remember the dates guys.... 14th April 2017.... :)

any news of any subbing team that's gonna take this project to subb in English??

i would thank these people in advance :)

just as a side comment...do you know you can buy CJD printed books online? through TAOBAO.com

but you have to navigate the site in Chinese/mandarin. they shipped international....but when you are a first-timer in ordering stuff from the site, please read the instructions and the terms and conditions carefully....it's a bit complicated ordering from the site. check the details of purchasing, paying, storing, vendors, testimonials, prices, shipping, stamping, taxs.....etc...

the site is huge!! so be extra careful when navigating and ordering ....

• 2 weeks later...

The release date has been postponed again. The official weibo only made the announcement yesterday so they won't release ep 1 today. It kind of sucks. The very brief explanation they gave is they need to refine the episodes. I do not have a good feeling about this, this is Addicted all over again. Refining the episodes after the series has passed and ready to be broadcasted means they probably will need to delete all remaining BL scenes (that already don't involves kissing and I guess barley touching... so what is there to refine? Delete scenes where they have eye contact?). So what are we going to get? Brotherly love? I am not sure I wan't to watch heavily cut episodes, where the plot doesn't make any sense thanks to the cuts and expect fighting scenes and few chit chat nothing's going to happen. I still have a tiny hope in Taiwan broadcasting, but I guess it would only happen after the series has been released in mainland China.

The release date has been postponed again. The official weibo only made the announcement yesterday so they won't release ep 1 today. It kind of sucks. The very brief explanation they gave is they need to refine the episodes. I do not have a good feeling about this, this is Addicted all over again. Refining the episodes after the series has passed and ready to be broadcasted means they probably will need to delete all remaining BL scenes (that already don't involves kissing and I guess barley touching... so what is there to refine? Delete scenes where they have eye contact?). So what are we going to get? Brotherly love? I am not sure I wan't to watch heavily cut episodes, where the plot doesn't make any sense thanks to the cuts and expect fighting scenes and few chit chat nothing's going to happen. I still have a tiny hope in Taiwan broadcasting, but I guess it would only happen after the series has been released in mainland China.

:No!:

Well, ain't this some ****. China's censorship policy is such a depressing topic to think about. Ugh! It makes me want to pull my hair out. Chai Jidan worked really hard and poured all her soul into this production just to have so much of it refined and edited out.

:_red_fox 10

WHAT!!! Noooooo :No!::No!::Sad:

:No!:

Well, ain't this some ****. China's censorship policy is such a depressing topic to think about. Ugh! It makes me want to pull my hair out. Chai Jidan worked really hard and poured all her soul into this production just to have so much of it refined and edited out.

:_red_fox 10

THIS!! I was so pissed off. And it is so obvious it's all against CJD. There is Uncontrolled Love for example, never got banned, we got all the cut kissing and bed scenes, but when it comes to CJD's works SARFT goes in a full a**hole mode. They want to make it impossible for her to produce any BL series in future, also finding sponsors and actors who are willing to work with her, because eventually it will all come down to what is happening now. CJD works are always different and unique, even with little promotion her BLs are usually successful. SARFT doesn't handle that too well. If I was CJD I would have long ago moved the production to Taiwan.

There is a leak of the first three eps, someone posted it here too, but it keeps being reuploaded/deleted off pretty soon from the net, so it is not from an official source. I am not too happy it has been leaked, we all know where it got Addicted.

I feel sorry for the actors, they are apologising on their weibo for the delay. :(

Here is the eng sub version. (if it's been deleted send me a PM, I downloaded it)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Long post (sorry), but here’s what I BELIEVE is happening. Contrary to a few, I think it may well have been the producers that leaked it in the first place, but I want to point out it’s just my suspicions!

After six months of censorship rounds, the government gave them the go-ahead and then right before the release they pulled the plug. As a producer or cast member I would have been pissed. A lot of fans are pissed and on Weibo, at least, they are taking their frustration out on the producers, when it’s not really their fault (I used Google Translate and looked through a lot of the comments). Once something is leaked, though, it’s out – the fans are happier and they can understand it’s not really about making more hype and more money, which is what they have been complaining about. They can’t say it so much on Weibo because of all the censorship, but it’s a little clearer that the government is to blame, not Tencent or CJD. So the producers created a dummy account, Asian Drama JKL, and put it up on Youtube, editing for copyright and knowing full well that it would leak and proliferate on Chinese social media anyway. It had to be them because they were able to re-dub and replace audio, which no one else would be able to do (I suspect that it was originally muted for copyright infringement because Chinese law and US law are different with music rights). It would put pressure on the government and also clear them of fans’ suspicions of manipulation.

However, it also serves another purpose. They have a choice now: the government wants further censorship, which would be infuriating as an artist. It would create a lot of delays and the work would be even further from how it was intended to be viewed. There is also the risk that it could be pulled again, even if they re-censored, but China is also a large market and was very profitable for them with ShangYin. They might not want to risk walking away from all that money.

Yet the producers know they have an international audience, and they might be using this video to gauge exactly how big that audience is. They may be watching the video (and its proliferation) on Youtube closely this week, seeing how many views it gets. If it doesn’t get a lot of views comparable to what it would get it in China, they may decide to play nice with the government and continue to censor and release later; if it becomes very popular and gets a lot of hits, which may well happen, they may decide that it’s worth enough to find international distribution and not censor further, and release the full version, as I think was already planned, on IqiYi Taiwan. The only thing that might get in the way is that being too brazen might affect the cast and crew on the mainland, as SAARFT, the censorship bureau, wields immense power in career opportunities for those in the entertainment industry.

We will have to wait and see, but after a great deal of thought and a little research, this is the conclusion I have come to. I’m a naturally curious, academic-minded person, so I apologize if this is a bit too analytical; and, of course, I could be wrong about everything!

So they need to release more lol. I don't like how strict they can be. Look at Thailand and Japan they make good money from movies and shows with boy love

• 2 weeks later...